Old 03-03-2005, 07:14 AM   #61  
BAS
BAS

Good Morning my dear friends - I'm feeling a little better. I'm actually down two pounds this morning but I"m fearful because it will probably be right back up tomorrow. However I was bloated all day yesterday - think it was because I was or had been eating Stir Fry for a few meals - I added no salt but I still had soy sauce in it. Today is baked chicken and baked potato. I've am also trying to avoid the bars for a while to see if that helps because to me thats 360 calories I don't need - I want it - but don't think I need it.

And your probably right about me flipping from one plan to another - confusing myself and my body I guess. But I"m gonna stick with LAWL without the bars and see how it goes. I may have a bar at night when I need to snack but will try to hold off from it. At least the option will be there for me.

Anyway just wanted to say I love you girls - you were there for me and I"ve never had anyone care so much about me -

I'll check back later tonight - and Happy THursday everyone! Time for my coffee

Hugs
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:16 AM   #62  

Love the upbeat sounds of the board and mottos (should that have an e in the word?). I'll think of one (or steal one) and post. That will be my mission.

Wow, congrats Athena! Your awesome. Nice and thoughtful in-laws - and Jule is so right about the non-food gift - why can't everyone be that supportive?

Kimmy (ilovemike): Wow again, -4# on take-off, makes me almost want to do it again! Not this week!

Karen: I love your new attitude! You go girl! Great job on the exercise. Can't wait until you post that your looking forward to it, believe me - it's gonna happen (and it will suprise you)!

Well, went to the center for WI and I'm down another 1.2 lbs. Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this plan! LOL! Feeling good. Gotta run!

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #63  
234/165.8/160

Sy-That is so great that you're down again...I know that must be a great feeling after all the yo-yoing....sounds like you definitely are on track...I'm proud of you!

karen-Love the exercise motto...maybe we should make some bumper sticker :-)

Bev-Glad to see you are feeling better...hang in there!

To all who sent congrats on my milestone, I really appreciate it...you're support has been incredible...I think people in my life at work and home get kind of sick of listening to my woes on this journey so it's nice to be able to come here and bare my where people understand...so thanks!

I was down .2 yesterday, but hey it's a loss and I'll take it. I too am feeling positive and like I'm on track!

Take care,
Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #64  

Good morning, chickies!

Beverly - so glad that you are doing better today, and that you saw the scale go down today. We all LOVE you on this board; so glad that Karen and Star convinced you to come play with us! You are probably right - the sodium in the soy sauce can really cause you to hold on to water (although you may have lost it yesterday with the tears ) If you don't need the bars, and you're following the food based on the red plan I sent you, then you are probably right in not having them, and just saving them.

Sy -I think you will be queen for March - the scale is really moving for you girlfriend! Do you think that it's the change in the exercise?

Jen - I'm with you - sometimes .2 is all that happens. But that's okay. At least it shows that we're doing the right things - following the plan, and going to the center, etc. . .And you've really lost all of it on LAWL?? You may be doing a commercial for them soon. How much more do you have to go?

Skinny vibes!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #65  

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Chickies,

I thought I would give an update on my progress....

Down to 148.6lbs! Only 8.6lbs left!

Later Karen!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:45 AM   #66  

Karen/Metalchick!

That IS AWESOME!!!!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #67  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
Karen...Congrats on the loss. You're almost there now. I can't wait to be able to say that...
Sy....I don't know if the day will ever come when I'll look forward to exercising.. But, I have been doing it for a week (yesterday) now. So, I'm now starting week two....Woo Hoo.... I did both the bike and the ultra track this morning and it really kicked my butt...
Star...I know you keep telling me as well that I'll start to look forward to it. But, you know how I am...
About the mottos, I was laying there watching TV last night and thinking how hungry I was. The only thing I had left to eat was my jello but I wasn't in the mood. Then I just kept telling myself to "suck it up" and it worked. I didn't have any thing else to eat...
Now, about this weight of 168.6 that I keep getting to. I figured out that it seems like on the 3rd day of starting my diet I always reach that number and I get on the scales on day 4 and I'm up so I cheat. Well today is day 4 and I stayed away from the scales this morning. I was so proud of myself for doing that. Now I can stay on track today. Isn't it something how stepping on the scales can affect your day...
I don't know if I told you Chicks this or not, but on Saturday we are going to Talladega and we get to take our vehicles around the track. They'll line up 4 or 5 cars at a time behind the pace car and we can go 90-95 around the track for a few laps. This is going to be so cool.. I'm taking my camcorder. It will be like in-car cameras...
Ok Chicks, I guess it's time for me to get to work on this filing that I've been putting off. I'll talk to you all later...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:56 AM   #68  
One meal at a time!

Hey Beverley...I know how you feel.. I'm the queen of switching plans but I've finally decided to stick it out with LA because you can have all the food groups. Good luck with it...
Old 03-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #69  

Default Hey Chicks....

Bev- I'm so happy that your feeling better. I think your plan to drop the bars for the most part is a good one, 360 calories is alot. Ofcourse we LOVE you chickie

Sy - congrats on the loss, way to go! I'm gonna be so jealous when you reach goal and leave me behind (but happy 4u at the same time )
Hey, so I didn't really STEAL my motto. I actually ask this chick amoses, who posts on "Doing it the Old Fashioned Way" if I could use it and she said sure

Slim Jen - what you said about family and coworkers getting tired of hearing about our eating plans - so true, my DH is like sometimes. I totally understand that, becuz it does take up alot of my thoughts I am another very grateful chick to have all of you to share in my crazyness

Rusty - Your Rock Your gonna be an exercise addict in no time!
Julie - Okay you need a motto too.......
metalchick - Congrats!

Last edited by Starlynn; 03-03-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:11 PM   #70  
One meal at a time!

Pretty quite on here today....
Old 03-03-2005, 12:18 PM   #71  

Starlynn: Hey girlfriend, you know that I know that you didn't 'steal' someone's motto. I guess a better word would have been "use" or "borrow". I meant that I couldn't think of one myself, but I have read lots that I like - and when I find one that inspires me - I will use it. And, the person you asked may have 'borrowed it' it too. LOL!

MetalChic: Are you using a new Avatar? I have never noticed that you were down 80 pounds - WOOOOOOOOooooOW! I'm so happy for you, I could cry tears of joy! Very proud of you!

Gotta read more! Be back... Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #72  

Hello Chicks................It is quite on here today, hate it when it's like that...
Sy - GF - I know you weren't saying I robbed my motto from anyone - I was just yacking, as usual.....lol
It's lunch time, I have a Lean Cusine, somehow I'm thinking more like a big salad with chicken. Something to make me leave the building. Even though it is 2- derees here.
Speaking of cold. My DS is going ice fishing in Canada tomorrow. He says where they fish is seven miles out. I think someone dropped him on his head when he was a baby becuz he loves all that cold weather stuff. Possibly someone switched babies on me at the hospital, since no baby of mine could love the cold that much?
Rusty - Come out and play........make the day go by faster.......lol
Old 03-03-2005, 12:37 PM   #73  
One meal at a time!

I just found out that we are going to some Steak House in Talladega on Saturday. I haven't had any beef all week so far, so I guess I'll make that my beef day. I can't go wrong at a steak house, Steak, baked potato or steamed veggies and a salad....YUMMY
Star...Am I making you and "our" tapeworm hungry....
Sy...I read something else on another thread this morning. She was talking about how hard it was to lose weight and here's what she said...If gaining weight was this hard, I never would have done it....I thought that was pretty good...
Old 03-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #74  

Hey gals -

Had a whole post typed out and I lost it! Anyway, I'm doing a bit of a frustration dance today, as I was up at WI on Tuesday, then down on my home scale yesterday (should have weighed in but didn't have the car), then up on my home scale again this morning. And I didn't cheat yesterday! What gives? At least I don't have to weigh in today even though I said I would, because DH has the car again.

Speaking of cars, WOO HOO, we finally bought one! We have to go pick it up today because it was too late to send the financing through by the time we got all the papers signed last night, and there were a couple of things they needed to fix anyway. So I'm out at 2:30 to finish all that up and GO PICK UP MY NEW CAR!!!

I had nice notes written out to everyone and now they're gone, so I'm just going to abbreviate - way to go, Metalchic and Sy! Hi Julie and Bev! Have a great time at the races, RWFKaren! If I missed anyone, I'm sorry...!

I'll probably check in again right after lunch - have a good day!.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #75  

Default Car.....

Fiona - so what kind of car are you getting? Details chick!