Old 03-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #331  

Jen, you're that close to goal and you're on red? is it like blue for gold? I mean - 2 1/2 p, 3s, 3f, 4v, 1fat, etc . .
And for your exercise you're running or walking, or is it jazzercise - sorry I can't remember.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:59 PM   #332  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ok Chicks...

How far is everyone from goal...I'll start. I have a long way to go...Mine is 39.6 WooHoo
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #333  

Eeek, Jen, I completely missed the bit about your cholesterol - that is really terrific!

Karen - I still have 51.6 to go!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #334  
234/165.8/160

Julie-I'm on red because of my exercise, work out about 5 or 5.5 hours a week. I'm doing a brisk walk or slow jog for about 65 minutes a day, 5 days a week. i've started using the elliptical at the gym a couple of days a week and then walking the others, just to break things up a bit. I was on the gold plan but wasn't losing anything for weeks, but lost 3-4 right away when i switched to red.
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #335  

Karen, do we have to? LOL! According to my last WI (on Tuesday), I have 81.6 pounds to reach my LAWL goal of 125. I will update after I WI today. : And I should put my long-term ticker back up, too.

Jen, that's GREAT news on your lower cholesterol! Keep up the good work.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:48 PM   #336  

Jen, how long did you wait on gold before switching to red? Sorry for all these questions. . .
Old 03-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #337  
234/165.8/160

Julie-I stuck with gold for a frustrating month of losing and gaining the same 2 pounds before I moved to red. I just couldn't get my head to understand that I needed to eat more. I worked out harder and stuck to plan 100% and still wasn't making any progress...was ready to pull my hair out. they asked me to give the new plan 2 weeks, allow my body to stabilize withe new calorie intake and it's working.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:17 PM   #338  

Jen, I think that's the hardest thing for us to learn- that even when we are overweight, our body will hold onto fat - a few years ago, I was on WW and I started training for the avon 3 day walk for breast cancer - I was walking 20 miles some weeks - and NOT losing a thing! One of the receptionists suggested that I really could start eating my activity points, but I never did, since I wasn't hungry! Then I finished the walk, got frustrated, stopped going, and that was it. . . And here I am!
Old 03-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #339  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
I was off plan yesterday as I was not hungry at all, so I forced myself to eat dinner and dinner only...WI this morning and lost .5 lb. So hopefully tomorrows official WI will be better.
Thus far today I am POP, just need to get my butt moving on water.
I am still looking for my 6WBMO book so I can start exercising...but once I find it I will be doing that at least 3 times a week and if the weather here in NE stays like it is today I will be walking at least 5 times a week....even if it is only for a half hour.
I need to get moving!
Will check in again soon....hope everyone has a great day....and for you drinkers out there, have a green beer for me!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:37 PM   #340  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ok Chicks...I'm just about out of here. I'm getting ready to go meet DH for dinner. It will be nice getting home at the same time tonight. I'll talk to you all in the morning...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #341  

Well, WI was WAY better than expected! I went from 81.6 pounds from goal to exactly 79 pounds. (2.6 pounds "lost"!) My revised goal is to be POP for the next two weeks and be in ONE-derland by April 1!

Fiona
Old 03-18-2005, 07:11 AM   #342  

Good morning, chickies!

I'm up early today, have to go to the dentist, AND get my shoulder checked, and go to WI. My home scale still says 194 - hopefully, I'll be down at WI - it seems like it's been 194 for a long time now. My poor body is probably shocked at the exercise it's getting and is adjusting.

Fiona, congrats on your WI! I will say that the 190's are pretty nice!

Karen, hope you had a terrific dinner with your DH on his BD. How does the weather look for Sunday?

Keri - once you start moving, the water comes easier - at least it does for me. And yes, you really do have to eat to lose weight.

Star - how is the packing going?

Jen - I am so impressed with the jogging - on your cholesterol counts did your HDL go up too? I think it's supposed to with exercise.

Sy - is it warming up for you up there?

What about our missing chickies - Athena, Marcie, Michelle and Tammy???? (senior moment if I forgot anyone)

Hugs to all!

Julie
Old 03-18-2005, 07:12 AM   #343  
234/165.8/160

Fiona-Great WI...congrats!!! Stick with it and I know you'll get to one-derland!!!

Julie-I had a similar experience with WW, jus stopped losing weight and then quickly lost interest....the meetings made me crazy...took way too much time by the time you get there, WI, wait for any late stragglers and then the meeting itself...I found it exhausting and started just weighing in and leaving. That's what I like so much about LA, no group meetings :-)

Scale was down 2.4 lbs this morning at home...hoping for good things tonight at WI (like being back to pre-binge weight).

How is everyone doing with the Easter challenge...I was so good and gung ho about it then fell off the wagon...I know I won't make my orginial 11 lbs, but I'm still hoping for about 7.

Take care,
Jen
Old 03-18-2005, 07:16 AM   #344  

Jen, we must have been posting at the same time - I really like the WW idea of the points, but got tired of the meetings - I expect that I'll probably always count points instead of calories once I get to maintainence.

I am not going to make the Easter Challenge - but I am still hoping to be at 189 on my home scale by 3/31. . . That's still 5 pounds away. Then I'd like another 7 or 8 in April. . . .

Julie
Old 03-18-2005, 10:25 AM   #345  

Good morning chickies!

Yesterday was a GOOD day! My haircut turned out really cute, and I was POP all day including dinner at a restaurant (Applebees, had the "Weight Watchers" sizzling chicken fajitas and only ate two of the four LF tortillas, and drank water instead of soda or a cocktail), and today I was down 1.6 from yesterday! I really want to WI and show off, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow and see if I can add a few more ounces to yesterday/today's loss.

I think the water has a TON to do with it - I've been dealing with this head cold including a sore throat, so I've been drinking water constantly for the last three days. I haven't been tracking exactly how much, but it's way more than is usual for me. I'm starting to feel better today, though, so I'm going to have to be more conscious of it in order to keep it up, I think.

I changed my ticker to reflect a 10-pound goal for this month - 5+ pounds in 10 days probably isn't going to happen, but I will be close! And it will put me in a good place for our NEXT challenge (we ARE going to have another one, right?).

Have a great day everyone - I have to go find some breakfast and then clean my house!

Fiona