Old 03-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #271  
Britt/LAWL~Red

LOL Julie i guess so but i think you will probably be beating me more often than not lol. Glad to see everyone doing so well today. I went to WI this morning and was down 1.5 lbs !!!! I was excited. Since i wasnt OP really last week. I have been POP so far today had a la lite for breakfast just had lunch chicken breast and salad and eating a banana right now yummmm. Thats really all the news on that right now. Oh yeah Julie i dont think im gonna go to scrapbook univeristy tonight im going to wait they have tonights class on a saturday and im going to take that.

Fiona~
Wow a townhouse sounds so cool they have some here that i just love but will probably never live there. Gl and let us know how it goes.

Julie~
Im going to start calling you the BSB (not backstreet boys HAHA) Big Social Butterfly you are always on the go. GL eating out both times today pick great stuff you are getting close to the 180's woooohoo.

Karen~
gl with your modifications that you are doing. Im sure you will do just fine.

Sy~
I like ice cream every now and then and Blue Bunny makes a great variety that is fat free/sugar free thats what i usually get and just have one every once in a while.

Michele~
Sounds like you are all ready for a POP week. Take it day by day and enjoy!

Ok i have lots of work to do before i head off to class better get going. Oh yeah did my takes today nice refund yay!!!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:19 PM   #272  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

First of all I just want to say THANK YOU FOR BEING SO NICE AND WELCOMING to all who greeted me. I thought that was awesome. Anyway, a little about me...

My name is Carmen but feel free to call me Carm, Choc or Thunder. I am married with 2 sons and a dog and live in Cleveland OH. I started LAWL about 5 1/2 weeks ago on the red plan. So far I have lost a total of 12 lbs, but almost 9 of those were in the first ten days on the plan.

I love this thread because through all of your posts I am learning a great deal about patience. Sometimes I gain, sometimes I lose, only to gain it back. Being new on the program I guess I really do not know what to expect.

Looking back I can say that whenever I gained any weight it was during a time when I didn't follow the plan exactly. Since my last WI which was Wednesday (where I learned I had gained 1.5 lbs), I have been STRICTLY on plan. I go to WI again this evening. Wish me luck!!!

Someone asked what made me decide to go to LAWL. My sis n law (who is not as overweight as I am) and I were talking about it last Thanksgiving. We had only mentioned going for a consult in passing. Then around the beginning of February I went to go put on my size 18 jeans that used to fit me loosely, and I couldn't fasten them without it hurting. I took off the jeans and called SIL, asked if she felt up to meeting me at the center that weekend for a consult, and she agreed. We both signed up on the spot.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #273  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Carmen...So, how much weight has your S-I-L lost. You are doing great. My S-I-L lost 75 pounds on the program. She has gained 10 pounds of that back in a year but she's back on track with it now and losing it again...Good luck at weigh in..You'll do fine..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:35 PM   #274  

Hi again, Carmen!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at WI tonight! I know I usually see a nice loss when I am POP (perfectly on plan, as we call it around here ).

Do you weigh yourself at home, too?

I have a habit of weighing myself every morning, but as I haven't really been trying to stay OP (on plan) lately, the scale hasn't been very friendly to me, which doesn't encourage me to stay or get back OP, etc, etc. So maybe I should take a hint from you successful gals and hide my scale for a week or two, and just focus on staying OP. What do you all think?

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:41 PM   #275  
Choc Thunder

Hi Karen,

My SIL has lost ten lbs. She only gets to WI once per wk because of her working hours. She went to WI this weekend and was sorely disappointed because there was no change.

We are both really excited about the program thus far, as the whole family has booked a cruise for June 06 and we want to be on maintenance by then. I am so afraid of failing. It is really difficult for me to stick with anything, but I have been able to do this so far. As they say...one day at a time.

Are you on LAWL too?
Old 03-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #276  
Choc Thunder

Hi Fiona,

I do not have a scale at home. That's one reason when they initially weighed me, I had no idea how much I weighed! I suspect that if I had a scale at home I'd be on it every other second of the day, and I don't want obsess about it because everytime I see a gain on the scale at the center I literally want to cry as it is.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #277  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Carmen..For the most part I'm on LA. I do the blue plan. I go on and off of it all the time but I don't ever give up. It might take me forever, but I will get it off..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #278  

Hi chicks - I'm back - I was SOOO good during lunch today - luckily there was a salad bar; had that with a scoop of plain tuna for protein (and 1/2 egg and a few kidney beans) - a bit of whole grain bread, and two glasses of water. I feel so virtuous.

Carmen- you are so right that whether the scale moves down seems to be directly related to whether I've been POP - but even then it doesn't move down . Are you exercising - is that why they put you on red? If you don't mind - how much weight are you trying to lose by June. (oh I see, it's June 06!) (I would love to drop another 20 by June 3rd).

Sy - I've been fighting the battle of the ice cream lately, too - I'm wondering if I can use one of those single serving HC bars, or a WW desert - at least then I can try to just take one out of the freezer at a time.

Britt - you can call me BSB if the final B means Butterfly. . . WTG on being down at WI!

Karen, I've found lately that even when I'm not eating OP I can't eat as much as I used to - which is one of my little victories - I think that's the only thing that has kept me away from 200 since I came back from my cruise. . .

Keri - how are you chickie!

Michelle - I've had to do that with my pantries too - although I'm finding that my pasta is getting stale - who knew that would happen - since I don't eat it out of mixing bowls anymore. . .How do you handle the FF pudding??

Thanks for helping me to remember that I am that close to the 180's and I can make it if I continue to stay OP - luckily this is the LAST day to eat out for the week.

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #279  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Julie, i just found the FF pudding, not sure if it'd be a dairy or a free food? I'll have to ask my counselor, haven't had any yet..

I was not good at lunch......... I had to get out of here and try to get rid of a migraine i woke up with. Surprisingly, the food and change of scenery seems to have helped. It's going away! I didn't blow it too bad, but it wasn't in my plan today.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #280  

Michelle - sorry about the migraine - food usually helps me, too -

About the pudding- is it LAWL? the reason I ask is that they do have their own pudding - and usually the stuff they sell are NOT on the list of things we can buy at the store. . .(like the snacks and breakfast bars)
Old 03-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #281  

Evening chicks - tried another chicken recipe out of the LA cookbook - another winner!

Teriyaki Marinade (counts as 1 fat)

Per 6-8 oz. serving of chicken or 3-5 oz. of beef, combine:

1/4 cup Sugar Twin brown sugar
3 tbsp dry sherry (DH substituted white cooking wine)
3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp dark sesame oil
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Place meat in bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Cook meat as desired (we put chicken on the broiler).

YUM! DH put his over lettuce, I ate mine plain and it was still delicious, but I think it would be best stir-fried with veggies over a serving of rice.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:45 AM   #282  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Julie, the pudding is not LAWL, i'll ask about it tomorrow. They'll probably tell me it's a I haven't had any yet.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:06 AM   #283  

Good morning, chicks!

Well, I'm off to the center of doom in a little while - I did good yesterday - salad at lunch, and a salad at dinner with grilled chicken and strawberries - but you never know, esp as TOM is still hanging on.

And I didnt' get my workout in yesterday with all the activity - so I really want to make sure that I do it today.

Fiona - I've also tried that teriyaki recipe - it is good. I used regular brown sugar, but only about 1/2 tbsp - just enough sweetness - and I think I drained off most of the marinade anyway. . .

Michelle - good luck at WI today!

Catch you all, later!
Julie
Old 03-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #284  
Choc Thunder

Hi all. Good news! Went to WI last night and I am down a lb. This is while I was wearing heavy blue jeans, a turtleneck and a cable knit sweater, with 2 pair of socks on (cause its been so cold)! I lucked out and got the nice counselor too! Things could not have gone better.

Fiona - that teriyaki looks delish. I think I will give it a try too.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #285  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Carmen~Woohoo on your loss! I'd WI nude if i could! And that's after going potty... Kudos to you!

Fiona~That recipe does sound good, what is the Sugar Twin brown sugar? Is it less sugar or sugar substitute? I've never heard of it.

Julie~I give you credit for even going in when you feel it's the "center of doom"...that's just awful. I wish there was someone you could talk to about that. Maybe you could email at the website and see if they'd talk to them?