Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 AM   #646  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to all the newcomers, you'll love all the support and info you get here. I've learned more from these folks than in the 5 months of going to the COD.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #647  

S/C/G: 168/155/120

Height: 5'2"

Hello, I'm also new. My name is Suzanne and my dh and I have three kids (10, 8, and 4.5). We live in MN. I joined LAWL in April and have lost 13 pounds. I had surgery at the end of May, so I was put on hold and sort of fell off the plan. I just went back to my COD last Friday, so now I am ready to start losing again. This looks like a great, supportive group!
mom2aljool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #648  

S/C/G: 325/316/135

Height: 5'4"

Default New Member

Hello
I've been lurking for about a week. I love everyones informative posts. Everyone has great suggestions! The center I go to isn't very helpful!

I am 27 years old, married and have a 9 year old son. We have three dogs, a cat, turtle, and rabbit. I love to read and cook, and obviously love animals. I am a medical assistant at a doctor's office. I volunteer/help with my sons 4-H and Scout group.

This will be my third time doing L.A. Weight Loss. My goal is to stick with it this time!
amdqla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #649  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

WELCOME everyone!

Crazi- we have an english bulldog as well. I can't get that dog to walk for anything! But he does love to romp at the park so I can get exercise with him that way. Is that a pic of your doggy? Ours is 1 1/2 and his name is Maverick. We are in Sac. There's a bulldog meetup that meets all over the country, you should join!

To everyone else, welcome to this site! This is what really got me motivated to try LAWL and has really helped make this change do-able!

Best of luck to all of you!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #650  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Third time is the charm Angela, welcome!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #651  
Started IP 09/24/13

S/C/G: 287/207.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello. My name is Sarah, I'm 31 and I'm from Connecticut, happily married to my high school sweetheart for nearly 7 years now.

I've been heavy my whole life. The first time I tried a diet was when I was 14 years old and that was Weight Watchers. I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for about 3 years. Then I met my husband-to-be and gained weight (and then some). In 1998 I joined WW at my heaviest weight of 287 pounds and got down to 220 by 2000. I wanted to be a "thin" bride but that never happened. I started a horrid job and began gaining weight. I left that job and started my current job where I realized I couldn't fit into my size 20 jeans anymore and had to go back to size 22. I rejoined WW at 256 pounds and got down to a slim and happy 150 (I actually saw 149.4 pounds at one point). I was running 5 miles a day and lifting weights 6 days a week. I was even thinking of trying to lose more weight and doing weight lifting.

Then I injured myself running. I hurt my knee and also a shin splint. Not fun. I was told no running for 6 weeks. That was the end of a good thing for me. I slowly started gaining weight. A good friend/coworker suddenly passed away. More weight gain. My hubby and I split up. More weight gain. We got back together. More weight gain. Suddenly I'm 240 pounds and scared if I don't stop it now, I will be back to 287 (or more) before I know it.

Plus I really want to have kids and I don't want to have them at this weight. And I want to run again. I want to run my 5 miles again. I want to be that slim/athletic woman I was.

So anyway. I have no children. But 3 spoiled cats. I work for a Medical Company and LOVE it. I am a big Nascar fan (go Ryan Newman).

I love reading, writting, cooking, shopping, myspace, making new friends, music, cars, and TONS more.

I thought that doing LAWL would be different since I have tried WW so many times. Plus a friend of mine lost 90 pounds on it years ago and worked for them (until she got pregnant).

That is all I guess.

Last edited by jsully75; 07-13-2007 at 05:58 PM.
jsully75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #652  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Sarah!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #653  
Started IP 09/24/13

S/C/G: 287/207.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Cassi!!
jsully75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #654  
tzulover

S/C/G: 223 / 189 / 145

Height: 5'1

Default hi Sarah

I've only been a part of this site for just a little while myself - seems like a GREAT group here!!!!! I've been with LAWL 22 weeks now, have lost 31 - well, a bit more than that but have been bouncing around for a couple weeks....ugh!!!

You sound very determined to get back down in weight and get to running -- YAYYYYYY for that!!!!!!! A pregnancy is hard enough as it is, without the extra weight.... Good for you!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you 'round a bunch,
laura
tzulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:08 AM   #655  
LAWL Salt Police

Great job Laura!!

Welcome to all the newbs!! Hope you post early and post often...

Angela - If you've read a lot of posts around here, I'm sure you've noticed that there are a lot of animal lovers here, so you're in good company!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #656  
tzulover

S/C/G: 223 / 189 / 145

Height: 5'1

Default Dan

Thanks Dan -- wow, you are almost at goal - WTG!!!! The picture looks like you aren't the man you used to be -- in a GOOD way!!!!!!

laura

Um, for this ticker -- do I need to redo it every time I come in here, or is there a place to "save" it at?

tzulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #657  
Becci

S/C/G: 218/213/160

Height: 5'2"

Talking Newbie here to the 3fat chicks and LAWL

I found this site by Googleling LAWL recipes. Does anyone have any sights I could try to get some more recipes? I am currently a Purple member. And any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Glamour Puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #658  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default 22 weeks on LAWL & going strong

Hey all,

My name is Kathryn and I am from Lenoir City, TN (right outside of Knoxville). I am 26 yo & am determined to have a thin me by 27 (March). This is my second time on LAWL. The first was in 2001/2002 (can't remember exactly) and I started in the fall and lasted until the Christmas holidays. I lost probably 15lbs. before I quit and never looked back. Weight gain insued for the next few years and here I am now.

I started LAWL in February with my mother and aunt. 22 weeks down and I have lost 34lbs. To date, I have stayed POP except for maybe eating more condiments allowed or something small like that. I have found that doing this program with my mom and aunt has made all the difference in the world this time around. My aunt has the same amount to lose as I do and is already up to 48 pounds. My mother only had around 60 pounds and is half-way there.

Anywhoo, personally I am single and live alone with my two dogs - daschunds, who I love dearly. Living alone definately makes this easier as there is no food other than approved LAWL food in my home, so it's kind of hard to cheat. I am back in school for my MBA and should finish Spring '08. I'm excited about joining this site and getting other opinions from people that go to other locations.

One day at a time....
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #659  

S/C/G: 218/216/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi

Hello,

My name is Angela and I am in Phoenix, AZ. And yes, it is hot here.

I just started LAWL on Sunday and I am a bit overwhelmed. I was glad to find this website while I was googling the program.

5 years ago I hit an all time low weight of 150 pounds by using Ephedra. Once it was banned and I realized how weird it truly made me feel I stopped using it and thought I could maintain. Well, I gained the 27lbs I had lost, plus an extra 41 on top of that.

A friend of mine has been on LAWL a little while now and has lost 26lbs and looks amazing so I thought why not, and here I am. I dropeed 2 pounds during take off and that leaved me with 81 to go.

Here's to sharing our many successes together.
angelae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:35 AM   #660  

S/C/G: 226/170/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hello!

I'm Anna, 16 years old, in the lovely state of North Carolina. Gotta love the mountains, 78 degrees today, in the middle of July.

I started the program last March at 226 lbs. Looking back at those 56 lbs ago, I can't even imagine how I got there. It's always been tough growing up with the extra weight, so I finally just decided enough was enough.
I lost most of my 56 lbs before Christmas because i was just POP, but it's been slow going since. Mostly because of my getting lazy.

Lately when I walk past a mirror, I have to stop and take a second look. About 5 years ago, I took a trip to France, so of course, there are plenty of pictures. I looked through my album and was just..well... appalled. I couldn't believe I had looked like that! I had grown up with a false mental image of myself. I never thought I was as big as I had gotten.
Here's a picture.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...a/File0001.jpg
Yeah, thats my mom on the right. Of course, I was only 10 or 11 at the time. I was one of those kids.
So I've grown and matured, puberty and whatnot since, but the principal is the same. I'd show a better picture than the one in my avatar, but alas, I haven't got one! Now, when I get depressed and want to quit, I just look through the album. Then I look in the mirror. And the commitment is back. I never went to end up back there.

But I digress. I've gone farther than I'd intended.
30 lbs to go, and I just can't wait. Back to POP for me, I want to look great for senior prom in 2 years!
Jamboree is offline   Reply With Quote