Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #691  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great forum. Everyone is so helpful here.

Amylaw - you can go to the sticky's at the top of the page and it should give you the plan for Fast Forward and Take Off.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #692  
Purple with Lites

Height: 5'5"

Default Getting Back on Track

Hello, I successfully lost 32 pounds with LAWL (purple with Lites) in 2005. At that point I was not finished losing but I moved to a location where there was no center, job and house hunted, etc. so my focus was lost and I have since gained back 20 pounds. Well, I am getting back on track and I am thankful for this forum. Lisa
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #693  

new to this site, hoping to become a regular as I go through my life changes on LA Weight Loss.
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #694  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Cool New to LAWL

Hello, you all. I am new to this forum and new to LAWL. I am enjoying the plan in general, but the "counselors" at my center are 12 years old and I find them to be not nearly jaded enough for my taste. I need input from diet experienced people who have had to worry about things in their lives greater than breaking up with a boy friend! Tuesday
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #695  
ViolinCyndee

Hi! I am not new to LAWL, but am new to this forum. I have been posting on the LAWL forum but this forum looks even better! I will be around more often soon!!

Nice to meet everyone...
Cyndee
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #696  
ViolinCyndee

Testing! I just updated my signature and hoping to see it come up here on this post..
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #697  
Nell22

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Hi Katfish96... I'm here too. I did some research today... least expensive exercise option (in case I start well but then quit...) are the exercise balls and bands. Balls are about $33, and each band is about $14 (the good ones, anyway). According to what I read, I can do a quick 20-minute workout 3x per week to start toning arms, back, even legs. Will keep you posted.
Nell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #698  
Jodi

Hello Everyone. I was here a while back for a short time and now I am back for good. I lost 40 lbs with LAWL before my last pregnancy then gained it back plus 36 more, my baby is 17 months old and I have gotten nowhere on my own. Last Friday I went back to my center and just finished day 2 of TakeOff. Some things have changed since I was on plan before especially the portion sizes. I am on Plan 4 no lites. I am excited to be starting again and with all your support I know I can make it. One final question does anyone know if the exchanges for the recipies posted here are the new portion sizes? Thanks.
fastmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #699  
La Weight Loss Gold

S/C/G: 205/197/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello, I already posted an introduction to the site in general before I found this LAWL section..sorry if you are reading it twice!

I am currently 202 and 5'9" and I want to get down to 165. I weighed around 140-150 in highschool and was never "thin" but I think I looked great. My highest weight was 230 while in college (I tend to overeat a lot when stressed out). I yoyoed around for a while and then somehow ended up with an LA weight loss booklet about 2 years ago. I got down to 172 by following the plan...mostly eating grilled chicken salads from fastfood restaurants. Of course as soon as I stopped following the plan and started ordering the other items from the menu I slowly gained until finally I weighed in at 205 a few days ago.

I have no idea what happened to the diet book I was using but I've been trying to get back on the plan the last few days from memory and have lost a couple pounds so far...but I think I'm going to need some extra help this time. I want to avoid the fastfood salads but don't have a lot of experience following this plan with my own cooking. From what I have read here so far I'm a little nervous my memory of the plan may not be accurate, I'm also not sure what I had before is even the plan I should be following considering my current weight and what I want to lose...I would love to get some advice from anyone following especially if you are doing this on your own without the center.

Thanks for looking any help would be greatly appreciated!!
PrincessSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #700  

S/C/G: 210/199.6/140

Height: 5'9

Hello! I found this site a few days ago and am so happy! There is so much information here. I love having the support.
I have been loosing and gaining weight for the last ten years and am tired of it. I am ready to loose ALL THE WEIGHT this time. I don't care how long it takes, I just want to actually keep it off.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
chica33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #701  

Hey everybodies!
I am here reading and learning of your journies and hopefully soon of my journey as well.
My mom and sister had joined the program and I thought I would investigate. I figured maybe I could photocopy their programs and find a way to do it without spending the cash that I do not have.
I deseprately need to loose some weight. My sciatic is driving me nuts at this size.
I've yo-yo'd most of my life and I thought I had it under control a few years ago. Amazing what happens when you stop working out.
I've been on almost every diet going, but find without a supporting partner it is almost impossible.
My current partner loves ice cream and buffets and has never really dieted prior to meeting me.
He pushed the 400lb point earlier this year... ya think it might be time for him to change his ways?

I am 40 years young, and had my first child last March. I gained a tonne of water weight and it added to my list of aches and pains from arthritis and the like.
Two weeks after delivery I'd lost roughly 70lbs. I've had some troubles getting beyond that point though.
So here I am, feeling stuck in my 270lb rut. It does not feel near as good as when I was down to 145lbs from 250 some 6 years ago or so.

You good people here are an inspiration and I find myself already craving some of the goodies I've read about... like the granola made with the bars.

I had wanted to pm Dan, as his photos were my final cinching point to decide to join in here. I can't do that though as I don't have in my ten posts yet. I just wanted to give him a big BRAVO!!!!! I suppose his posts are extra inspiring for me as it makes it seem more possible to get my ManBeast eating right too.
Don't give up Dan, you have done an amazing job thus far and you know what works best for you. You are like the calander girl, cept you are a calander guy for LAWL.

I am going up to my mom's this weekend to get a look at her books and stuff, and then my sis will give me her recipe book as they do not need 2.
I feel bad saying this following part, but as money is really tight around here I will probably take some time to use up some of the food in my cupboards before I start in full. So I'll be joining in the fun and games in about a week and meanwhile I am going to keep reading and learning everything I can from you all here.
~ darn me and my shopping addiction that has me sitting here looking at 13 boxes of all bran that I won't be able to eat any more... or can we down the road? ~

Oh yeah, and I am Canadian, in Ontario and hoping to hop across the border this weekend to pick up some staples at a better price that will assist in staying POP.

~okay, stuffs a carrot in my bunny mouth~
cushiebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:24 AM   #702  
LAWL Salt Police

Geez! Yet another Canadian!!!

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Cushiebunny (hereafter known to me as "CB" -hope you don't mind) - Thanks for the kind words.. It's been a year of hard work to get to this point and as I've found after some recent cheating, it's an ongoing process to maintain this lifestyle... The unfortunate thing is that it's unfairly much easier for men to lose than women, so sometimes I feel bad with my successes while other struggle...

You are right to get your "manbeasty" () involved in the process, if for no other reason than to help you not cheat. It's so important to have our significant others buy into the plan - not monetarily, but mentally!!! I can't imagine how hard it would have been to do this without my wife Liz... I've found that if we have crappy food in the house, despite my best intentions, I give in to it.. With her on the plan as well, we've basically chucked all the bad stuff out and rely on each other to stay away from it.

It also helps to have a forum like this, with like minded people to help support us when we've had a "bad choice day" or when we're just feeling down in the dumps.. I encourage you to post often in the "friends and losers" thread, if only to say hi and share any stories you've got. The inspiration and encouragement from the gang here has been invaluable.

And above all else - Stay away from the salt as much as you can!!

It can be done, but not without a lot of hard work and dedication!!

Y'all can do it!!

Last edited by Dan2112; 10-31-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #703  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

CB, this forum has been irreplaceable in my weight loss challenge. These people have so much insight and advice you can't go wrong joining. Glad to have you on board. I am sure you can get people to share there plan data. My DH has dropped some #s just by eating only what I allow in the house.
Good luck and welcome aboard, Tuesday
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #704  

I have been lurking on these boards for some time trying to decide between Weight Watchers and LA. And with winter fast approaching in Minnesota, figured now is a good time to take the plunge.

I just want to say thanks for all of your explanations and inspiration. Someday I hope to contribute my own.
tookiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #705  
Purple with Lites

Hi Tookie

Have you determined whether you will choose LAWL or WW?
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote