Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Coopergrrl. Some others had mentioned that the lites were now mandatory unless you are medically unable. Too bad. But they are yummy if you can handle them. I also tend to agree with you about the blue plan. I spoke with my COD manager yesterday and was told when I start culinary school in April I will be put on blue since by then I will be on the gold plan. I will be going to school 7:30-11:30 AM and then working from 12:30-8:30 PM. She said that counts as a 13hr work day and I will be on blue. Where are you located? Sometimes there is a big difference between the corporate and franchise centers and the information that is given. Try the gold, but then tell them if it's not working before you give up. Remember that you are the customer and you are paying them for a service. They need to provide every penny of the service you paid for.

Come join us in the Losers and Friends thread.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #497  
Member of the Gold Plan

Thank you for the welcome! I figure that if I get too worn out at work, I can just add another protein. Thats about the only difference between the two that I could see. I told her that I need to have protein in the morning to get myself going and then at my meal at work but then I come home from work really hungry...all pre-plan of course. Maybe the bars will get me thru the stretch from dinner to bed.
I will check out the other thread!
coopergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #498  

Actually, the difference between blue and gold is blue is 1more starch and 1/2 protein. Yay starch!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #499  
Member of the Gold Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Actually, the difference between blue and gold is blue is 1more starch and 1/2 protein. Yay starch!
Oh that is good to know! I can play with it a bit and see if I need the extra startch and protein. I've seen that some people have posted that you get different colors also depending on your weight. I was at 184 when I started, as of yesterday at 181. Maybe I will change or maybe not...I guess I can ask tomorrow when I go talk to the counselor and get weighed again.
coopergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'10

Hello Everyone. I am Sara. 25 years old. Happily married to a wonderful man for 6 years. We have a beatiful 4 year old daughter who will start school this year. I have played this silly diet game for years now. Constantly gaining and losing. Trying diet after diet. I have finally realized that I dont want to do this anymore. I am never going to diet again. I want to learn how to eat and how much to eat to get to a weight I am happy with and maintain that weight! LA Weight loss is teaching me to do just that. I am very eager to take on this new life style and teach the principles of healthy eating and eating in moderation to my daughter as well!
Oh So Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #501  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! My name's Erika and this is my second go around with LAWL. I started for the first time a little over a year ago and successfully lost 70 lbs. It was then I graduated from college and moved to San Francisco where the closest center is pretty far away. So I fell off the diet and consequently gained 25 lbs back. I signed up for LAWL at Home almost a month ago and I'm working on losing that 25 lbs plus some. I'm gonna look mighty sexy this summer!
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #502  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Howdy!

I've been lurking for almost a week and I'm so glad I found this board. I need to have an online place to commiserate with folks on the same program I'm on and the LAatHome boards were not cutting it.

Anyhow, I'm Jennifer (or Jenn). I'm 32 yo., married for 4 years to a great guy who loves me at any weight. I'm stepmommy to 2 beautiful girls, Mani (9) and Isee (6) and mommy to the apple of my eye, Michaela, who just turned one.

I've pretty much always been overweight. I tried WW before, lost 40 lbs in four months, stopped journalling the second I met my husband and gained it all back (and then some) within the past 6 years. I actually went through pregnancy at almost 300 lbs!! To be sure, I only gained 11lbs, and lost 25 post-partum, so I've been up and down a bit. After I weaned her, I continued eating like a horse and voila! There I was, last week at 296.4 lbs.

So, I'm trying LAWL because I want a little more discipline. I used to just keep track of Points "loosely" in my head, but I can't really do that with LAWL. I decided to do this now because I'm sick of my knees hurting, being out of breath when I go upstairs and because I want to play on the floor with my daughter without wondering if I can easily get back up.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #503  

Welcome Jenn! You'll love it here. Much better (and more active) than the LA at home boards.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'10

Welcome Jenn! I agree with Cassi! There is alot more going on this board! Alot of great people and great ideas from everyone. I am grateful to have stubbled across it as well. Thank you google.
Oh So Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #505  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Jenn! I'm glad I too stumbled across this board and I love all the recipes posted up because I looooove to cook. I should be getting some new recipes back from the LA Chef soon, I'll post them up when I get them.
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 328/328/250

Height: 5'8"

Hi! My name is Jenn and I am returning to LAWL. I first started back in 2000 and lost almost 40 pounds before I got sick and was forced off the plan. Since then I have slowly put all that weight on plus some more. I tried again in 2004 but just couldn't get my act together and stay with it.

Since then I moved to FL for a new job that I totally love! I plan fundraising events for a nonprofit and have been in the development field for 10 years!

I don't plan on going back to a center because I can't really afford to pay for the weeks. I have all my materials from before. I was on red 2 last time I went back and I am about the same weight as then.

I am soooo glad to have found this forum where I can get tips, ideas, support and get going again... Any help or suggestions on getting restarted are welcome!
SaphhireJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #507  

Welcome Jenn!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #508  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jenn! Good luck, and you've found a great and supportive group of people.

You plan fundraisers and events? That's what I want to do! I'm in school for 3 more months in a BA Tourism Management, and I will be getting a certificate in event planning at the same time.... I know it has nothing to do with the program, but how did you get into it, and who do you work for? Send me a private message if you feel like it sometime!

Again... WELCOME!
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #509  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Default Newby!

Hi all!

Seagal signing in! My friends and I have been gaining and losing the sane 20-30 pounds for years so after my best friend joined LAWL in October and has had great success (she's down 23 pounds) I decided to give it the good college try. I have been on WW (twice), Jenny Craig, and everything else that came down the pike so I am so hoping this will work for me.

I started LAWL on Tuesday...did the FF...and am on the Gold plan as of today. I hace been reading all your blogs and gathering a LOT of inspiration from you all. WOW, there is some amazing success in these pages.

Hope to chat with you all soon!
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #510  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Hi Seagal, you and I have similar stats and goals...I also started with FF on Tuesday and am on Gold. I thought Id sign in here too since a lot of my posts are going unnoticed on the other part of the board. Maybe its protocol to introduce ourselves here (ooopsss!). Anyway, I'm a married, 33 year old,poud mom of 4 and returning to LAWL after a few months. I had great success on the program before and hope to again!
Kelli
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote