Old 11-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Carol, they can be triggered by a fatty meal. I don't normally worry about fat in my granola, but I'm a-scared

Sidhe, thanks, it was pretty awful
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #467  
Get Thin Within

S/C/G: 307/275/150

Height: 5' 7

Hi Julie!!! I hope you start feeling better. I feel you on the gallbladder pain. It is excruciating. I had my first attack when I was almost due with my first baby back in 2001. I thought I was in labor and I kept thinking if this is labor I'm never having anymore children. I would just ball up and scream into my pillow. After 2 trips to the E.R., they determined the problem was gallstones and took out my gallbladder after my son was 8 weeks old. I feel great now. Gallbladder pain is worst than childbirth in my opinion cause the pain is constant and severe for hours at a time. You don't get a breather in between. Take care of yourself.
Natoshial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #468  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Oh, Julie, hope you feel better! I know it's bad. My DH had gallbladder attacks and we ended up in the emergency room on Christmas day after dinner a couple of years ago. He is not one to go to the doctor, either. They did tests and his gallbladder was functioning at 80%. They wanted to take it out, but he wouldn't let them. He's been attack-free for a couple of years now. His mother had hers out last year. She said she feels a lot better now.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #469  

Oh gosh, Natoshial, I can't imagine having it close to term. That's horrid! You're right, there's no breather.

theCandEs, that's the outcome I'm hoping for! I'd rather not lose body parts.

Thanks everyone, I do feel better today, and can eat some. Just sleepy!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #470  
War Eagle!

No kidding! I hate surgery. I have avoided having my knee repaired where I tore my meniscus just because I can't stand the thought of having surgery. Two c-sections is enough for me!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #471  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

CandEs, really? Wow. I've had surgery 5 times and it really doesn't phase me. Knock me out, do what you're gonna do, wake me up. Perfect.

But then, I guess being a health professional helps with the...devil-may-care attitude. It's like modesty...I'm not *inappropriately* immodest, of course, but if I'm going to the doctor and I have something like a rash (as I did once, ALL OVER, ow!!) I'm just going to show him and not care. He's a doctor, he see it all the time, right?

Julie, glad you're feeling better today. What does the attack feel like, if I may ask? A long time ago when I was maybe 15 I had something happen where I was screaming in pain, and they couldn't figure out what it was. Now I wonder...
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #472  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
Julie, glad you're feeling better today. What does the attack feel like, if I may ask? A long time ago when I was maybe 15 I had something happen where I was screaming in pain, and they couldn't figure out what it was. Now I wonder...
At first it was that gnawing out your insides feeling when get you are SO hungry. But then it started to feel downright painful. Right in the upper middle abdomen (and later, a little to right). Constant. I think it's kind of like a toothache. It makes you want to keep shifting to find a comfortable position every couple minutes, but nothing helps. I couldn't lay on that side or stretch the area at all. I couldn't do anything else all night. But strangely, I didn't feel nauseated. It was just pain.

And like you said, it's pretty typical to occur at night. And some people have one and never have another one.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #473  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
At first it was that gnawing out your insides feeling when get you are SO hungry. But then it started to feel downright painful. Right in the upper middle abdomen (and later, a little to right). Constant. I think it's kind of like a toothache. It makes you want to keep shifting to find a comfortable position every couple minutes, but nothing helps. I couldn't lay on that side or stretch the area at all. I couldn't do anything else all night. But strangely, I didn't feel nauseated. It was just pain.

And like you said, it's pretty typical to occur at night. And some people have one and never have another one.
Hmm, that doesn't sound anything at all like what happened to me. Ah, well. It was almost 20 years ago, and really not a concern anymore.

So glad the pain let up for you, though!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #474  

I'm feeling kind of blue about a girl who posted on 3fc until about 6 weeks ago. She had been a regular and lost almost 100 lb while taking prednisone. I always admired her but know she has a lot of health problems. She used to say she would have someone post if anything ever happened to her. But lately, in the last few months she had been posting less and less, sporadically. There is no way to find out anything. Missing her and knowing there is know way to know how she is doing.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #475  

I think of a lot of people who disappear
Old 11-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #476  
War Eagle!

Sidhe, well, I wish I could be that way about surgery, but having my first c-section was no picnic, especially after pushing for 3 hours to try to get him out, and it just wasn't happening. Then, I had a horrible recovery. I was still feeling awful even after 6 weeks. It was just terrible. My second section went better because I didn't have all of the initial trauma of labor, but it still wiped me out for a couple of weeks. I'm not eager to go back. To top it off, my doctor had his knee repaired (the same surgery I need), and ended up almost dying from MRSA and a blood clot forming in his leg. They told him he will never regain full use of his leg again, and he was an avid runner. Thanks, but I will pass.

As far as modesty goes, once you have had children, you have experienced the full gamut of incivility with regards to your body. I rarely get embarrassed anymore. lol

Carol, I hope your friend is okay. Maybe you could PM her? I wouldn't think she would mind.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #477  

I have written her a pm twice but she hasn't even been here to read in 6 weeks. If you look at a person's profile, you can see when they were lost on.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #478  
Intuitive Eater

Glad you're feeling better Julie!

Sorry to hear your friend is missing, Carol. It may be that she has just moved on.

I've been bouncing around between eating sugary/carby stuff to whole grains and natural stuff. I decided to try to eat more "natural" foods because of the same reasons you mentioned, Sidhe. The just make me feel better. But I find that old diet mentality still lingering telling me that I'd really like to eat that cake or whatever.

If I had to sum up IE in one sentence I think it would be this ... "Intuitive Eating: It's not an exact science."
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #479  
War Eagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Serenity View Post
If I had to sum up IE in one sentence I think it would be this ... "Intuitive Eating: It's not an exact science."
Amen to that!

I'm sorry, Carol. I should have realized you already tried that. I hope she is not having problems. On another site I visit, it sends you an email if someone sends you a message or replies to one of your posts. I like that because then I know someone has sent me a message.

Last edited by theCandEs; 11-11-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #480  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
I have written her a pm twice but she hasn't even been here to read in 6 weeks. If you look at a person's profile, you can see when they were lost on.
I didn't know that. But I wonder if when it says "Last Activity" if that means posting or includes signing in. I guess I'll have to test with myself.