Old 10-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #361  

Sidhe, just reading your posts makes me hope I'm not getting sick. Awful. Hope you're feeling better today.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #362  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Sidhe, I'm sorry you had a bad day. Hope you don't get your hubby's illness. Don't beat yourself up about your eating. It will just make you feel bad.

Unfortunately, I am getting sick. My husband came home 2 days ago with a sore throat, and now he is coughing and sniffling all over the place. So last night I came down with a sore throat. It's just a cold, though. At least it's not the swine flu! My kids have been off for fall break. I hope they don't get sick just in time to go to school tomorrow. Oh, well, what can you do?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by theCandEs; 10-13-2009 at 12:20 PM.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #363  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone for your steadying thoughts. I really appreciate it. Julie, your post totally made sense to me, and I managed to slow myself down and understand what happened yesterday. I think it did all start with the insomnia, and the combination of stressors on top of that sent me looking for some way to keep myself going. So at least I learned something to use in the future, right?

I collapsed last night and slept 12 hours. This morning my stomach hurts and my liver is swollen and tender, my whole torso is bloated and even my hands are puffy. Ugh, ugh, ugh. But instead of feeling angry and upset with myself, I'm just taking notes. This, to me, is really solid proof that my body definitely doesn't like that much wheat. I'm sitting here drinking a pot of tea (very slowly) and seeing how my body takes it. Maybe later, if I'm hungry, I'll have some salad or something else light. I'm definitely listening to my stomach/liver on this one, and trying to help myself feel better.

Hubby is definitely sick, and is on the couch watching old movies right now. I've declared this a day to lay low and take it easy. A load of laundry just finished and needs to be swapped over, but other than that I'm really not making demands on myself.

I hope no one else gets sick. Carol, I'm trying hard not to jinx you from here! CandEs, take care of yourself. Lots of vitamin C. I hope your kids don't catch it, too. Here's to a better day, all. :
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I'm so sorry you feel so sick! Feel better soon!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #365  

How can you tell that your liver is swollen? I have never felt my liver....or at least I don't think I have.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
But instead of feeling angry and upset with myself, I'm just taking notes.
That's an excellent way to put it.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #367  
Becoming myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
How can you tell that your liver is swollen? I have never felt my liver....or at least I don't think I have.
Your liver sits smack in the center of your body, right below your ribcage (your stomach is off to the left). I was swollen and sore when I woke up this morning, and palpating (touching) I could tell the approximate shape/size. and the tenderness/swelling...was liver-shaped.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #368  
War Eagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
Your liver sits smack in the center of your body, right below your ribcage (your stomach is off to the left). I was swollen and sore when I woke up this morning, and palpating (touching) I could tell the approximate shape/size. and the tenderness/swelling...was liver-shaped.
Ah, I was wondering this, too. Good to know.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #369  
War Eagle!

Well, hello, everyone!
I'm coming off a totally crappy day. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't rate up there with supremely terrible, but it was one I don't care to relive.
Food wise, it was perfect up until this evening. I didn't realize I had an emotional eating problem until tonight. I guess that is a plus, though. At least I am well aware of it now. Rotten day + stress = overeating (next time I'll remember). Still, I tried to eat something healthy, but it turned out to be really yuck, so I had to throw it away. Note: cottage cheese sold with the pineapple already in it is not good. From now on buy them separate and mix them yourself. From my disappointment, I moved on to the good stuff, and stuffed my face.
Oh, well. As Scarlett O'Hara says, "Tomorrow is another day!"
Old 10-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #370  

Hi everyone have been so busy with garden and all. but is done and i am still here. doing same losing and exercising still. in curves and love it. glad to hear everyone is doing good. sorry bout the sickness and all. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #371  

Hi LaDean. CandEs, I had a bad day too, but I worked all day with Dh at son's house he is fixing up to sell to I figure the damage wasn't too bad. We went out for Mexican and though I really like it, I think I can leave it alone for awhile now.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #372  

I've been pretty happy about my eating this week. I don't think I've overeaten (by fullness) at all, and my sweet tooth has been hiding in a corner somewhere. But I'm babysitting two of my nieces Saturday night, and that's what always trips me up - My siblings' homes all have all kinds of junk in them that I never keep at home. It's not that I'm not allowing myself to eat certain things. It's that I eat those things when I'm not even hungry. So I'm going to focus on not eating when I'm not hungry.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #373  
Becoming myself

Julie--good luck with tonight!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #374  

Nice evening. I ate a Subway sandwich I brought before taking my nieces to McDonald's. No temptation for me there, even though I was slightly hungry, being vegetarian - the only options really are the yogurt parfait and the fruit/walnut/yogurt salad thing - both just too sweet for me anymore. I'm used to unsweetened Greek yogurt. Or maybe it's something else. My sweet tooth has just been really tame recently for some reason.

Then I had to take them to Dairy Queen, which their dad had promised them. Again, turned out to be easy, as it's only soft serve, and surprisingly that doesn't sound any good to me anymore now that I've embraced premium full-fat ice cream That felt really good.

Then after I got the kids to bed, I had a few bites of really good "real" ice cream from the fridge. Thought I could eat a lot of this, it's really, really good! I tried to pay attention to each bite - you know, the theory that the first bite is the best, and it goes down hill. Wasn't really going downhill . Anyway, I put it away and got ready for bed. That's when I realized I didn't want anymore ice cream. Not at all. I could remember how good it was, and that was nice, and I didn't want any more. Didn't have to even think about resisting for any reason.

That was a revelation. I understand about waiting to get full. But this wasn't about fullness. I only had a wee bit of ice cream, and in fact was still slightly hungry. But putting just a little bit of space in, I guess that let the taste satisfaction register. Nice. I hope this experience is repeatable.

Well, that was rambling!

Night all.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #375  
War Eagle!

Well, it feels like I was doing so well, and now I'm having a setback. I'm hoping a will get past this soon. So far, today has been good, and I don't think I did badly yesterday, so maybe I'm going to make it through this. I've gained my "lost" pound back, but not any more than that. Maybe I am destined to be this weight forever?