Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #451  
Intuitive Eater

Haha! I know what you mean Carol! I've bounced around a bit since being here, but IE just seems like the place to hang my hat. I thought I could participate in a challenge this summer on another thread, but soon realized that it was just counter productive to what I was trying to do with IE.

What's with the new "cookie diet" ads?! SHEESH!

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 11-06-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #452  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

I know! "Eat cookies that don't taste like cookies, lose weight!"

Well, I would rather have a real cookie, thank you. And, I can't seem to post anywhere else, either. I tried the 30-somethings, but I guess they didn't want me. Oh, well. I am starting to feel better. My voice is still really messed up, but my sinuses are not killing me anymore. Anybody notice that with some illnesses you get super hungry? More hungry than usual, I mean? It felt like all I did this week was eat. Now, I'm starting to feel more normal.

Anyway, I have to go. We have some tailgating to do today.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #453  

Yes I notice that I get hungry at times when I am sick and other times I'm not. Strange.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #454  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Glad to hear you're feeling better, CandEs. Usually when I'm sick I want NOTHING in my stomach, but then I have a touchy stomach, anyway. I'd say your hunger means your body is really fighting whatever's gotten into it right now!

Carol and Blue, I know just what you mean. The more time I spend here and the more time I spend reading and thinking about IE, the less I can tolerate the other forums. I worry that this might be a bit elitist of me, but then I figure if it works for me, I'm not hurting anyone, so...I mean, it's not like I'm posting elsewhere and ranting about how they're all wrong and misinformed and doomed to failure! (I, uh, seem to only do that here... )

But then...I dunno. I've been spending a lot of time reading "fat acceptance" blogs lately, and they seem to be just as off-the-mark, really. For example, I was reading one this morning and the blogger was worried that she was "letting down the movement" by eating a frozen veggie medley that was labelled "weight smart" or something like that. She talked about how she tried to eat around it, but she kept coming back to really wanting that frozen medley. Then she talked about the guilt she felt for eating something that was "marketted for weight loss" and how she had vowed to not do any eating with the goal of weight loss ever again... I found myself wanting to seriously write a scathing response ("Woman! It's just food! FOOD! If that's what you want, eat it! Who <ugly word here> CARES what label some random company has slapped on it?? Don't you see that by only eating food that is NOT labelled for weight loss you're doing the exact same thing as someone who only eats foods that ARE labelled for weight loss???") but it was an old post, so I left it. Besides, that wouldn't have exactly been constructive...or polite.

Lately I have been in a serious "foods that make me feel good" mood, and I've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and "food that grows that way". Which means avoiding processed carbs like breads and cakes and such. The difference is, though, that I regularly tell myself that I can have them if I want them, "but think about how that will make you feel first." I've been naturally veering away. Everything is still on my list, but I'm getting better at accepting that my body just doesn't feel good when I eat certain things. When I go to the grocery store I still visit the cakes ("hi guys!"), but I'm becoming more and more steady in my conviction that my body doesn't feel good when I eat them. Never let it be said that I'm a quick learner--this is taking so much effort!

Speaking of grocery stores, I went to the store and spent $78.78 (weird) on mostly fresh stuff. The only things I bought that weren't completely unpackaged were 2 12-packs of Fresca and a box of Anna's ginger thins (Swedish cookies, with one preservative but otherwise all recognizable ingredients). I'm so excited! Turkey with salad? Fresh pineapple? How about an apple with some peanut butter (my breakfast this morning)? Tonight for dinner I'm planning turkey meatloaf, a freshly sliced tomato with salt & pepper, and mashed sweet potatoes. Now if only I'd get hungry!!

This is getting long again. My goodness, I just don't know when to stop typing!

Last edited by sidhe; 11-07-2009 at 08:21 PM.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #455  
War Eagle!

Oh, Sidhe, your food sounds so good. Well, I went tailgating yesterday and seriously, the only really good stuff was what I brought. Of course, I know that is a matter of opinion. I took a bite of one of their brownies and one of the cookies, but they were so bad, I had to (discreetly) throw them in the trash. I didn't want to offend anyone, but yuck! So I settled on some cut-up apples that I brought. They were good.

I think, at least for now, I'm super-saturated on the sugar-laden foods. I don't want to look at another donut or cake at the moment. I hope this feeling will last and my sugar kick is finally broken. lol
Old 11-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been tempted much by sweets lately either and it has actually felt a bit weird! But good weird.

I'm sure it's just a phase

Last edited by JulieJ08; 11-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #457  
Becoming myself

Haha, CandEs and Julie, I'm off sugar right now too! I'd say maybe it's the time of year but good GRIEF, it's been hot lately!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #458  
War Eagle!

Sidhe, that is funny you should talk about that woman talking about not eating diet food anymore. lol I had a moment tonight where I kinda felt that way. I have some leftover unsweetened Almond Breeze from my South Beach faze, and I was thinking of making a SBD drink from it. They were really good. It made me think of your earlier post.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #459  
War Eagle!

Julie, I hope this is a phase I keep for awhile!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #460  
Becoming myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCandEs View Post
Sidhe, that is funny you should talk about that woman talking about not eating diet food anymore. lol I had a moment tonight where I kinda felt that way. I have some leftover unsweetened Almond Breeze from my South Beach faze, and I was thinking of making a SBD drink from it. They were really good. It made me think of your earlier post.
Hey, if you like it and you're hungry/thirsty, go for it!

(Secret: I quite like Smart Ones chicken enchiladas suiza and Santa Fe style rice&beans. Which I eat with tortilla chips. But I LIKE THEM, so I really don't care that they're marketted/manufactured as "weight loss" foods.)

Last edited by sidhe; 11-08-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 230.8/171/150

Height: 5'8"

Good evening or morning! I'm confused!! This is the first night I've had off and I don't have to go back in till Wednesday night!! It does stay pretty dark in our bedroom with heavy curtains and dark blinds. Actually I've been sleeping better on this shift. Weird. I'm going to enjoy the next few days off!

Catch ya later!
Lenise
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #462  

I think that would be difficult to switch from working nights to being off and up in the day. But my daughter is an RN and she does it all the time. She seems to be tired quite often, however.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #463  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, I'm pretty sure I had my first gallbladder attack yesterday. Miserable! And long! Nonstop pain for over 6 hours, several hours surrounding that of "just" plain pain, and several more hours surrounding that of uncomfortable. Close to 12 hours in all. It probably didn't help that I mistook the beginning of it for severe hunger from waiting too long to eat, and had a big, satisfying dinner. We'll see how far I get on 3 or so hours of sleep today. I'm afraid to eat but nibbling on some lowfat granola and fruit.

I wonder if this has something to do with having been so ambivalent about sweets lately. Well, I'm going to try not to borrower trouble and hopefully won't have another attack.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #464  

Doesn't gallbladder attack have something to do with fat in your diet? Just wondering.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #465  
Becoming myself

Oh no Julie! Take it easy, dear, from everything I've heard those are the worst.