Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #436  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

It's hard to judge how my body is responding to food when I'm still a bit sick. So I'm trying to just eat fresh stuff, if my body needs food.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #437  

Listening to your body is a good thing. But I know exactly about the cake thing. I was like that, too, and now cake is, well, just cake. But this is a really slow process and requires lots of patience.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

It's been kind of interesting. I've barely eaten some of my dinners lately, even though I was a bit hungry when I started, because I got full quickly. If I were dieting, I'd have eaten *more* because I'd have planned myself a portion, and would have eaten according to my plan. I've discovered lately that dark leafy greens with a real vinaigrette really fill me up!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #439  

Isn't that that the truth, Julie.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #440  
Intuitive Eater

Hi everyone!

Sidhe, glad you're feeling better ... CandEs, hope you feel better soon!

Natoshile, glad you are doing well with IE!

Welcome "Blue!"

I'm still struggling. It hasn't been easy. I'm trying really hard to reassess some things in my life. Get myself out of this funk. I don't want to go the diet route. I'm done with diets. But I need a plan. Something. I agree, sidhe, we do need to learn to love ourselves and respect ourselves otherwise, weight loss is just a band aid to the real problems. Thanks for those links I'll be checking them out.

Well, anyhow, I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi." I miss interacting with everyone. I hope I can get back in the swing of things soon.

Have a great one!

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 11-03-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 230.8/171/150

Height: 5'8"

Does anyone here work night shift?? I'm going to be working night shift at walmart and I don't know how this is going to work. I don't want to be eating to keep myself awake.

Lenise
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #442  
http://www.nutsinbulk.com

Keeping control on your diet is very very important and also eating proper diet is of much importance. A person should follow a good diet plan which should include some intake of nutrition and fiber that is really good for your health. You can also opt for fruits as well as nuts that are great source of nutrition and fiber.......
katejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #443  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey, Blue! Good to see you again! I know how frustrating IE can be. The reason why I "quit" IE the last time was because I wasn't losing the way I wanted. It didn't do any good (for me) to quit, because I didn't ever lose doing anything else. I did the You diet for a month, lost 10 pounds and gained it back. I did the South Beach diet for 2 weeks and lost 10 pounds, and so far it is gone. When I did IE the first time, I wished I could lose the weight first, then use IE to maintain, since maintaining is what I do best, but I knew it didn't work that way. I just could never bring myself to diet after doing IE. Those few diets I tried were extremely short-lived. It's really hard to be hungry and not eat for me now.

Lenise, I worked nights many years ago. It's not as bad as you think. I worked at a grocery store as a cashier when I was in college. I ate dinner, went to work, then ate lunch at work, then I went home and had breakfast. Weird, I know, but it was just the same as daytime, only at night.

Kate, I don't know what to say to that.

Well, I am still sick. It's waking me up at night and causing me to have weird dreams. I guess I need to go back to bed in a minute. You are so right, Sidhe! Being sick does really mess up your internal food regulator. I've been trying really hard to listen to listen to what it is telling me, but all I can feel is sick. You know what I mean? It's just a cold, so I know I will be getting over it soon, but I hate it just the same.

Everyone have a great day!
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #444  

I overate at supper. Why do I do that? I still have a little bit of that clean your plate thinking in me. I hate that too full feeling. Lessoned learned....I hope.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I've realized recently that I find it a lot easier to attentive to hunger and satiety with salad type foods (not just greens; rice/bean/veggie salads too), than with sandwich type foods. The salads I find easier to eat slowly, and stop before I'm full and put the leftovers away. With sandwich type foods, I eat faster and "finish" the thing.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #446  

Thanks for the tip, Julie.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #447  
War Eagle!

I don't know, but I do it, too. Like today, I ate a nice lunch and more than my normal lunch, but I was really hungry. Then, I went home and I ate a donut just because it was there! Why?! I was not hungry. It just was there and it looked so good. Maybe what I should do is put them away so I can't see them, then if I want one it is there, but I am not eating it just because it is there, you know?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 230.8/171/150

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I wasn't really hungry at work last night. About 5 o'clock my stomach started growling so I had some crackers. I was hungry when I woke up @2 pm and I had an apple and cheese. This is going to take some time to get used to!

Lenise
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #449  
War Eagle!

Yes, it really does take time. I did get to the point, though, where I was staying up later in the morning, kinda the way you used to at night. I would come home from work, eat breakfast, watch TV, then I would go to bed around 10am. I suppose it is the same difference as staying up until 10pm and then going to bed. I wouldn't be awake in the evening, and that was sometimes bad because I wouldn't see my family or my favorite TV shows because I was sleeping until 7 or 8 pm and then going to work. Do you have shades that black out the light? It really does help.

Last edited by theCandEs; 11-05-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #450  

I was just going through some of my old posts and I noticed that I hardly ever post anywhere but here. Guess I just don't want to get sidetracked. ha!