Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Post The Beck Diet Solution – July 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach

Welcome to The Beck DIET solution discussion group, support group, diet coach group relating to the book by Dr. Judith S. Beck:
The Beck DIET solution: train your brain to think like a thin person.
The Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).

There are no eating plans, calorie counts, recipes or exercises; according to Beck, any healthy diet will work if we learn to think differently about eating and food. Beck's book is like an extended therapy session with a diet coach.

This is a place to discuss the Beck strategies and our daily efforts, to receive and provide support, and, for some of us, is where we serve as on-line diet coach to each other.

If you’ve arrived from a search engine, you’ve landed at the site of 3 fat chicks, a remarkable place for those interested in a healthy life style, including mindful eating, exercise, and weight loss. More about the site, including how to register so that you can post can be found here.

The book, The Beck Diet Solution, is available on Amazon through the 3FC store by clicking here.

Previous Beck threads on 3fatchicks.com:

The Beck Diet Solution – June 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – May 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – April 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – March 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – February 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – January 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – December 2007 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution - November 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - October 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - September 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - August 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - July 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - May/June 2007
Old 07-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Tuesday - Canada Day

Diet Coaches – Happy Canada Day to our many friends up north. Congratulations for pulling off your independence without a bloody revolution. I remember well visiting the royal goat during a trip to Canada in the sixties. I assume that the goat's gone now.

Took my walk after dinner; just luxuriating in the long day. All the sidewalk tables are occupied. Everyone's out in t-shirts and shorts. Remembering as kids the magic of those days when we'd play outside after dinner.

Read on the Internet that the other Great Apes teach their kids to peel bananas from bottom because that eliminates the annoying strings. So, I tried it for six days. No difference. CREDIT moi for publicly admitting that I spent six days trying to imitate the other Great Apes to solve a problem that hasn't bothered me for sixty years until I read the solution on the Internet. Oh Well.

More usefully, I spent some time thinking about Program day 14: Plan for Tomorrow. It tends to drift out of my mind that I have a plan and that's what I'm following. Good to be reminded, since following my plan is arguably the most important Beck strategy that I'm doing. Thanks Erika (eusebius).

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Interesting trying to visualize a 3FC Yeti Matador half on and half off the wagon, LOL. Neat pegging the sabotaging thought "that there's no use to lose weight if you'll just gain it back with pregnancy." Kudos for hanging in there. Sending supportive thoughts to find a way to throw the other leg back on the wagon.

onebyone – Really like the idea of "moose muses" - will they help with writer's block? Kudos for getting so much work done in the ceramics lab in such a short time. Hope you got your "book book," LOL.

Erika (eusebius) – LOL at "the depth of debauchery of last week's free day." Sorry, I should be sending sympathy but I rather like the idea that a busy mom has a little debauchery in her life. Yep, my shenpa that day was clearly the Cookie Monster. It's amazing that he's a universally recognized person.

spryng - Ouch for getting to starving. Kudos for being clear that you'll stick to your meal plan anyway.

JennyG - Kudos for sitting down for all your meals and Kudos for passing up on all those treats. And BIG Kudos for giving yourself credit. By-the-by, what are "ketchup chips?

angelmomma210 - Kudos for already being on Program day 2: Pick Two Reasonable Diets. So many good choices. What are you thinking of doing?

Readers – " … have you ever strayed from a diet for any of the following reasons:

• You were at a party and felt like treating yourself. …" Beck, pg 21.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all,

Yesterday was Day 15: Monitor Your Eating which again is also an integral part of Body-for-Life. The BFL website even provides excel spreadsheets with which to track eating and exercise, already tailored for the 84 days of the challenge (12 weeks). So this part of the plan is working well for me.

One of the more difficult parts of BFL for me is the patience. The fact that you can eat a fair bit and you're building muscle through lifting means that you're making a profound transformation in body composition, but this doesn't really translate into scale weight loss for some time. So I need to stay in the moment, accept my feelings of impatience and frustration, and keep redirecting from the constant thoughts of "have I lost weight yet??" Boy, if this were easy everyone would be doing it

Happy Canada Day to onebyone, jenny, and any other Canucks here!! (Ann? Are you still around?) The DD is off to grandma's for a playdate, and then we'll figure out what to do with her for the rest of the day ...

onebyone - I just love your moose muses. Whereabouts are you by the way? I'm in Hamilton. Good for you for recognizing that you need a reasonable diet (as Dr Beck stipulates). It's true ... the thing we are doing is not too sexy or sensational ... but hopefully the results will be

kuhljeanie - your current observations are fascinating! sounds to me like you have got all the ingredients you need to be successful with your goals. Really, what you've done is devise the perfect maintenance plan! So all you have to do is tweak it a bit and you're on your way!!

Jenny - Major kudos for passing up the fun food and sitting down at all meals!! Definitely your credit is well deserved! You are doing great.

Spryng - great job on recognizing your hunger and that it will pass!! That's a major accomplishment.

Welcome angelmomma210!! You will love it here. Looking forward to learning more about you!

Bill - LOL! I do believe the goat is gone. One cool thing we do have on Parliament Hill, though, is a sanctuary for cats. There is a genial fellow who feeds and waters them each day, and they hang around to be petted by Ottawa tourists. These days I think if the cats were running the country we might have a leg up ... Whoops! Is my liberalism showing??? *hand over mouth*
ROFL on the bananas. That's weird wild stuff, I did not know that (aging SNL fan here)
It's true that the plan is everything for us! We really need it so we can say things like NO CHOICE and OH WELL ... otherwise how the heck would we know?? This matador stuff is a game of skill and strategy, isn't it. Maybe we should all be playing chess???

OK, cardio for me today and staying on plan for Day 16. Have a great day yeti matadors!
cheers
Erika
Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #4  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default Happy Canada Day to all

Good morning coaches.

Today I start at Day 1 with my foodplan, my book book and my cat, KittyX.

KittyX has been gnawing away at her front legs and has taken sizeable patches of fur off. Not completely gone but very thinned out. A trip to the cat doctor is warranted but we cannot afford it! Alas! She is very overweight and cannot reach around and groom the way cats need to and we think this is part of the over grooming the areas she can reach. So she's now on a strict diet. We have agreed to measure her food daily and take her bowl away, thereby interrupting the "all day buffet" that's been the mainstay in the house. I want her "dancing around" my feet when she comes to the foodbowl, hungry and ready to eat. not the casual saunter I'm-really-looking-for-kitty-cookies-not-this-stuff walk that she normally gives us. And so we needed to weigh her and for this I weighed myself then picked her up. We are 279.8 together. 19 of that is cat. The rest is me. The cat food bag says to give it 8 weeks and then weigh kitty again, following the measured amount of food per day for kitty. I thought "if Kitty X can be on a foodplan for 8 weeks, I can too." We will BOTH get re-weighed in 8 weeks. I am putting the scale away until then my friends and following some kind of foodplan, still undecided, but for now aiming for smaller meals, written down, calories counted, and journalled in my new "book book". BillBlueEyes I smell a multi-million dollar deal here if this works!
"The Pet Lovers Diet!"
"Lose weight with Fido"
"Lose the Lap" (for your lap dog or cat)"
July 1st is as good a day as any to start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poorkittyx.jpg (28.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #5  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Hi all..thanks for the welcome. I have picked the Insulin Resistnce Diet by Dr. Cheryl Hart and WW. Looks like I have some reading to do here online to catch up on this board. That is good because I will probably get some good hints on it.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi I'm'Kierie I'm on Program day 2: Pick Two Reasonable Diets. I've had the book since May and Pretty much Half arsed it. . .I'm not even calling this recommiting since my commitment was sketchy at best initially. I'm committing to the whole program even the stuff I thought was silly before.
My 2 diets are WW Points and South Beach Diet. RIght now I'm doing a combo of the 2 but if the points fail I'll do pure SBD I've got mya rc ready to read when the snack monster hits in 1/2 hour and I'm working it!
Kierie
Old 07-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Afternoon all!
Ok so last night I did NOT over eat even thought I was ravenous, lol.. stuck to one plate and it did the trick, I'm so suprised by how much my stomach has shrunk since starting this plan
OK so technically I'm on day 5 of Beck.. but I want to back up and run through them with you all since I haven't had the chance..
day 1, made my advantaged reponse cards and my top 5 reasons are:
1.I'll be less critical
2.I'll increase my self-esteem
3. I'll look better
4. I'll be able to wear a smaller size
5. I'll feel more in control.
I have 20 in all, but those are my top 5
day 2-pick 2 diets. well The NO S is my #1 and ww is my fallback just because I have all the stuff here from ordering off of ebay a couple years ago and I lost tons of weight on it in the past. So I know it works. But I'm hoping No S will work as well and so far so good
day 3-eat sitting down. ok this was a no brainer for me because i have NEVER in my life ate while upright, lol.. never at a party, grocery store, or at home, lol.. it doesn't feel like eating to me if I'm not sitting and enjoying it, lol.. so that one was easy for me
day 4-give yourself credit. I really like this one. Last night I gave myself credit for being able to stop at one plate when normally if I let myself get that hungry I will binge. (and remember I'm using child plates, not regular, lol) so that was a great accomplishment for me. pat on the back, lol.
now today is day 5-eat slowly and mindfully. Again this goes hand in hand with eating sitting down because I've always been a slow eater unless I'm binging. but normally I eat slow and steady and allow my body to feel the food etc. But I'm gonna try to make it last at least 20 min so one plate of food hits bottom and I don't feel like I need seconds
SO that catches me up!
Last night I got out my sticky tabs and highlighter and went to town on my book, lol.. I'm devouring it like there will be a pop quiz tomorrow. But I'm really enjoying it and learning so much about myself. no wonder I always failed on diet before!!
Welcome KO!!! yeah I'm doing everything in the book too even if it's seems like it's a no brainer or whatever, lol.. I want to succeed for good this time
Welcome Angelmomma! I look forward to getting to know you better!
Hello Onebyone! great pic of your cat!
Erika, it's hard for me to not want to see results on the scale right away too! I've been staying away from my scale this week as well, promising to weigh in once a week from now on, lol..
billblueyes, what plan are you on? a walk sounds wonderful. wish it wasn't so hot here to walk in the evenings.. I'm definitely needing to make more time for working out, that is for sure..
well, I was just taking a break so I better get back to work!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:21 AM   #8  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Welcome Kierie (KO)

Kierie (KO)

Welcome to the Beck Diet Solution Discussion Group, Support Group, Diet Coach Group.

And, in case these hadn't been invented yet when you joined 8 years ago !!!,

How did you find out about The Beck Diet Solution and how did you find this forum on 3FC?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #9  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches – On my walk I had one of those Sabotaging Thoughts "you can turn back now, that's enough." I hit it with the old No Choice and went merrily on my way. CREDIT moi. Just reread Program day 15: Monitor Your Eating. There's good stuff in there to reread; it's easy to lose sight of the strategies. Thanks to all you good guys who are rereading and reminding me to do so.

Sue (CoastalSue) - Waving toward the thousand fires in California. Hope you are surviving.

onebyone – I love it, I love it. The yeti matadors will all be millionaires with the new diet plan, "Lose weight with Fido." Buy a new dress, boss, ya gonna be on Oprah!!

Ouch that KittyX is over grooming; I hope the diet gets her back on track. Kudos to you both for the new 8 week food plan. Sending you supportive thoughts as you get underway.

Erika (eusebius) – LOL that "Parliament ... is a sanctuary for [fat] cats ... There [are] genial [taxpayers] who feed and water them each day, and they hang around to be petted by Ottawa tourists ... Whoops! Is my [cynicism] showing???" [Edited by your subconscious yeti matador]

spryng - Kudos that you didn't eat even though "ravenous." Neat that your small plate is working for you. Thanks for posting your Advantages Card. Your first, "1.I'll be less critical" is a new one for me; it's interesting - gotta go ponder that. Yep, I know that feeling that "it doesn't feel like eating to me if I'm not sitting." I was aghast to discover the number of times I popped food in my mouth that I just didn't count as eating.

My own diet plan is homegrown - pretty similar to your No S plan. DW plans a healthy dinner every night, so I only had to add No Seconds to that and plan for my other two meals and three snacks.

angelmomma210 - Kudos for picking your diets - both sound like good choices.

Kierie (KO) - You've picked a great time to join this group; there are a couple of other people starting and a few old timers starting the program from day one again. Kudos for having your Response Cards "ready to read when the snack monster hits."

Readers – " … To successfully lose weight and keep it off, you need to solve these kinds of practical problems. You’ll also need to solve some psychological problems, such as:

• Feeling overwhelmed by the requirements of your diet. …" Beck, pg 21.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 07-02-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #10  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

morning matadors! enjoyed wonderful success with my first official tasting last night, (official because it's not a friend or even a friend of a friend, rather someone i randomly met in a checkout line) and i now have a wedding cake order for august 24 with a very cool bride. she really seemed to dig my cake and fillings, and there's some great potential for word-of-mouth buzz. i officially have a side business as a cake designer! huzzah for the law of attraction and the ease with which this went from being an exciting idea to an exciting reality! woot woot! this is the good news. the bad news is that i've got a refrigerator full of white and milk chocolate whipped ganache, fresh mango sauce, raspberry filling, and buttercream. oh yeah, there's also white almond cake, spice cake, and two different kinds of chocolate. most of the cakes are encased in plastic in the deep freezer and are therefore not at liberty to meander through my mind as a possibility. the ganache, fillings, sauce and buttercream, on the other hand, sit prominently at the front of the fridge, right where i can see them. (i take that back. the milk chocolate ganache is no more.) therein lies the danger in not having a prior strategy to apply. the more business i get, the more tastings, etc., the more leftover cake scraps and fillings and icing i'll be surrounded by ALL THE TIME. i'm getting into this business because i love the stuff, but i have to figure out how to handle it responsibly, or i'll end up like an alcoholic bartender. arrange my environment!!! i was at least smart enough to give the couple all their leftovers to take home, but that didn't get rid of all of it. maybe i should buy little to go tubs with lids, and make sure customers who are tasting take ALL the leftovers. will need to think about this for those items that necessitate a lot of leftovers, like the raspberry filling. i've got about 3 cups left. it would be impossible to make a tiny batch. hmm.

have to run for a meeting - i'll try to get back on again this afternoon, before we leave for vacation. cheers all!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #11  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Olé matadors! I just finished a lower body workout. I did not want to do it! But i sat with my fatigue and headache and complaints and did it anyway. CREDIT moi!

Yesterday was Day 16 - Prevent Unplanned Eating. No choice!! The planning and monitoring of each day's food make this much easier. BFL language also refers to this as "eating clean" and it's crucial to the success of the program, as it really is for *any* program.

onebyone - LOL!! "Lose weight with Fido!" Yeti and Pet-i Matadors unite! (Though ... my cat is a Siamese and weighs eight pounds ... if she lost any weight she'd be a skeleton. So I use her as inspiration instead ...) I hope your kitty can be a poster cat for Beck success!! As for a plan for you ... the simple one you have sounds like it will work just fine to me! You go!!

angelmomma210 - kudos for picking 2 diets! What are the main points of the Insulin Resistance diet? It sounds interesting. BTW I love your avatar pic ... what a loving couple!

Kierie - Welcome!! Congrats to you also for picking 2 diets and for making your response cards. You will conquer the snack monster!

Spryng - Kudos for sticking to your one plate!! Loving your advantages - thanks for sharing them. Being critical is such a sore point isn't it ... we can really beat ourselves up good when we want to. Also kudos for taking each program day seriously and really working it!!

Bill - Just occurred to me: I just looked at your avatar (as if for the first time!) and wondered about the connection between you and ol'Vincent there. Is it an ear thing? Because you seem to "hear" everyone here so well!! Kudos for completing your walk! I love how you are rereading along with the rest of us. We always benefit from your insights!

kuhljeanie - CONGRATS on starting your new business! Absolutely fantastic news! ITA on the tupperware containers for leftovers. I wonder if you could turn them into little brownie-size cakes and sell 'em that way?? Anyway what a great time for it to happen, too ... right before vacation ... you'll be on cloud 9 and you deserve it!

OK matadors I am off to dry my hair (How exciting??) and then we are going to buy new furniture for our back deck (Actually exciting!!) Enjoy your day everyone!

cheers
Erika
Old 07-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

afternoon all!
ok so today is day 6, choose a diet coach.Well obviously I've been using this forum as a coach but I also have a friend who keeps me in check as well, and I her I'm getting lots of support from my dh too so I feel the morale
Erika, awesome for doing your workout even though you didn't feel like it!! I could take notes from you! exercise is probably the hardest part for me with any diet plan because I despise working out, lol..but none the less I know it's a must so I'll be getting my rear in gear soon as well
jeanie, that is so exciting!! wow, you stating what was in your fridge made my mouth water, lol.. yum!! how do you stay away from it??
Bill, yes being self critical is probably my biggest problem. I am never happy or satisfied with my body so I'd like to check that one off the list first, lol.. yeah I find the type of diet you and I are on works so easily with beck because on parts of the book teaching us to turn down foods we can't have on our plans etc isn't too hard when nothing is off limits, but we are just downsizing portions less guilt to deal with later I think because I'm bad about beating myself up if I slip on a diet.

well, I'm gonna get some stuff done and then go get the kiddos, talk to ya later!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #13  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default Wednesday evening check in

Evening coaches.

I started my diet art journal yesterday, and added to it today and will add some more to it again before bed. The cat only ate 3/4 of her 1 1/4 amt of food yesterday but today she wants much more. Wonder if there is a correlation between how my carnivore cat eats and how I eat? I gave her 10 kitty cookies today (temptations treats) usually give her more. I should give her none if she's on a diet with a specific food. Why did I break her diet already? I feel like she needs a treat... talk about your projection here eh coaches?

I wasn't that great with my food-about 68% good. I am writing it down. It's DH's 40th birthday tomorrow an he's taking a trip to Toronto to his mom's who's having a b-day party for him and I can't go. The ceramic room is in upheaval still and I can't work there on the weekends so I am trying to get things back into working order but I am stuck with adapting to the schdule of the people laying the floors. Half of the main studio was finished when i got in this morning so we emptied out the kiln room and now we wait and see if the rest of the studio is done overnight and the kiln room too. We have to move in all the stuff that was moved out AND tomorrow I have to take down my astronaut paintings and put up my ceramic moose. That was delayed until tomorrow as Cathy, who manages the gallery spaces and needs to be with me to set up, had a death in the family over the weekend and wasn't here today to do the set up. She's had a real rough few months.

Things are in a big >squeeze< right now. No way for me to take off for a day and a half.

spryng Your description of your plan to just downsize portions with nothing off limits is kind of what I am aiming for. I'd like to up my intake of veggies though. This time of year is good for doing that!

eusebius NO CHOICE is a really helpful strategy. I remind myself it's just for today when the day seems to be tough. It works. BTW I am in Ottawa and have visited the cats on parliament hill many times. The guy who looks after them tried to "retire" from his volunteer position (he's about 76 and goes there two or three times a day I think) and hand-picked a replacement but got upset with the new person and took his job back. I'll take a walk up there soon and post a pic of the place.

kuhljeanie Your leftover cake issue reminds me of when I made biscotti for the market a few years ago. Boy, was that tough. I made biscotti cause I love it and I made what I loved and that was deadly. On the plus side, if you really get into the cake biz the glamour and allure will fade as it becomes work and what you do. Like a woman who makes truffles day in and day out, she's no longer tempted. I seem to remember that the people at the Hershey factory used to be allowed to eat all the chocolate they wanted. Eventually, it wasn't what they wanted.

BillBlueEyes Your sabotaging thought "you can turn back now, that's enough" reminds me of mine "don't go any further cause you won't be able to make it back." I have an inherent distrust of my body sometimes; my body which is perfectly fine and good and strong but sometimes I get these ideas that it can't do what I want it to do or it will just suddenly fall apart... Comes from years of not working it hard enough I think. Kudos for continuing to monitor your food...and that's why you are at 14 months my friend.

KO Welcome to the board! I finished the book in March and am re-starting. There is always something to learn in that book ... kudos for giving it a real go this time.

angelmomma210 Welcome to you too! Jump right in and feel free to post and get support for us here. We're a positive bunch who know how hard this is and how good it feels to "get it".

hi to everyone reading this...

Last edited by onebyone; 07-02-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Bill lol, they are chips that taste like a tangy ketchup, a true Canadian favorite, I can't believe that you have never ever tried or heard of them!! You are definitly missing out!!

I have been busy for the last few days with canada day celebrations, haven't got time to check in. I am on day 8, I love this book, and so far I'm on day 5 of weight watchers, well going on day 6 and I have not went over my daily points limit!! I hope Saturday's weigh in is a good one!!

Thanks to everyone else for your support!!

Tomorrow, I am going to a restaurant for supper- lets hope I pass the test!! I think I will. Actually I know I will!!!

Today it was sooo hot here! I just couldn't even think about going into that gym with the humidity outside, I figured I would nearly die in there, SO on the contrare I went to the beach for a lovely walk!! Thats good, right? As far as I see it, it is better than no exercise, Plus it resulted in an awsome tan!!

Hope everyone is having a great week, and Bill we'll have to get you a taste of these Ketchup chips!! (They are made by hostess, if u know that brand)

Old 07-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #15  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches – Bought another two quarts of strawberries at the Farmers' Market. The season is so short and I so savor overdoing them. Watched a fierce thunderstorm moving the old Norway Maple in front of our house. Freighting, because the lower trunk was moving and lifting the sidewalk!!! This is not good. Made emergency calls to the city arborist.

Re: Program day 16: Prevent Unplanned Eating: Observed that the portions that I pack for my work lunches are creeping up in size; reduced them a bit for the last two days of this week. For Beck to work for me, I need to respond to the small diversions before they become large pounds.

My big news is that I spent two hours sorting thru my stacks of papers. Another huge stack to discard, the rest in folders or files. When my stuff is out of control, it affects my attitude about being able to control my food and exercise. So, this is a big deal for me. CREDIT moi.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Congrats on the new wedding cake order. Kudos for facing the need to deal with a refrigerator full of sweet stuff. Perhaps you could take a table at a farmer's market giving out wedding cake samples along with your flyer. Or sell wedding cake mini-muffins to make a small amount as well as distribute flyers. But I agree with you - that stuff has just gotta go before you consume it bite by bite.

onebyone – Kudos for staring your diet journal journal. Ugh for your big squeeze and missing DH's birthday party. Kudos for seeing yourself in feeding your cat. CATS DO NOT NEED TREATS. Cats are known to have a sophisticated ability to produce guilt in humans for whatever sinister purpose suits their needs. NEVER, EVER, trust the motivation of a cat, fat or otherwise, LOL. [ /font=dog lover]

Erika (eusebius) – Kudos for the workout even with "fatigue and headache and complaints." Yep, you might have looked at my avatar for the first time since I just added it yesterday, LOL. Thanks for the kind words about hearing.

spryng - Glad you're using this group for your Diet Coach. Would appreciate if you'd diet coach me as well. Thanks for the comments about being self critical. My thinking was stuck on how neat it would be if losing weight reduced my being critical of others - I could use a dose of that.

JennyG - OK, I get it now. WARNING, food porn follows:
Quote:
from http://delishordisgust.blogspot.com/...ato-chips.html
The story begins as follows: Once upon a time, Hostess used to make potato chips in Canada. And Canadians loved their potato chips and grew an increasingly diverse and adventurous pallette. Flavours like sour cream and bacon, dill pickle, pizza, and ketchup chips abounded. Eventually, Frito-Lay bought out the chip-making division and started distributing Hostess chips as their own, and some of these esoteric flavours made their way to the U.S. Today, many of the best flavours are no longer sold in Canada or the U.S., but ketchup chips persisted.

Why ketchup? First of all, North Americans love ketchup and universally apply to it to their foods. Secondly, many North Americans love the flavour of vinegar with potato-derived products, and Lays Ketchup chips certainly have ample vinegary overtones. It isn't really zesty, but it cuts into the sweetness, and merges beautifully with the saltiness. Imagine, if you will, a barbecue flavour, without the smokiness but all the tang. Still delicious and different.
Duh...my brain was stuck on chips as in the "fish and chips" of Vancouver. [Note to self: Remember there are two Canadas]

Readers – " … To successfully lose weight and keep it off, you need to solve these kinds of practical problems. You’ll also need to solve some psychological problems, such as:

• Feeling deprived. …" Beck, pg 21.
Closed Thread