Old 01-31-2017, 09:20 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi my IP peeps!

Started wk 5 of my reboot and down 15lbs. My coach said I lost 3lbs of fat last week. Commented something about it being my 4th week. Guess I was in hardcore ketosis so I was bummed that I had a slip up Fri night and had a drink. Confirms for me what a bad idea it is to cheat as it's taken me days to see the scale begin to move back in the right direction again.
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:50 PM   #167  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Hi my IP peeps!

Started wk 5 of my reboot and down 15lbs. My coach said I lost 3lbs of fat last week. Commented something about it being my 4th week. Guess I was in hardcore ketosis so I was bummed that I had a slip up Fri night and had a drink. Confirms for me what a bad idea it is to cheat as it's taken me days to see the scale begin to move back in the right direction again.
Truer words never spoken!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Hey all! Had TOM last week and it seriously messed with my body, so I just kept on with my schedule and stayed away from the scale. Officially 11 pounds down in January as of yesterday. That is with Orange Theory Fitness classes 3 to 4 times a week. I feel absolutely wonderful. Determined to keep to my good habits and stay on protocol even when on vacay in Cancun. I'm bringing bars and shakes, and eating protein and veggies only besides that. I am hoping 30 total is gone by the end of February! But most of all, I feel so much energy! Loving life right now.
Dresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Is there still not a like button here?? Congrats, Dresa! And CenTxChk -- I can't wait to get to that fat-burning stage....

Last edited by Mimi47; 02-01-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #170  
oneuh2

4th weigh in was today - down 2.4 lbs per the IP official scale - though not the same scale I have weighed on before ... very disconcerting.

But - down is good, and my consistent home scale shows only .2 lbs more than the one at IP clinic read today -- so from Jan 5 thru 31 I am down 11.2 lbs. Thi s is a good start -- now just gotta keep on going.

This morning I woke to a sore throat that has become worse all day and now I am sneezing. This could be a week or more of misery - so glad I have plenty of IP soups. May make some bone broth using chicken too, as I am sure that will be soothing. I have several chicken carcasses in the freezer just waiting for the crock pot.

Heading for bed now before it gets too late. I am a big believer lately in the value of sleep when it comes to weight loss....
Old 02-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #171  

Default Day 1 Reboot

Day 1 Reboot almost done. This is good motivation to do maintence right next time! I lost 35 pounds on IP last year, 20 prior to that doing Ww/MFP. I got to my alarm weight after going a little crazy with holidays and vacation!

Any ideas for Phase 1 Super Bowl Snacks?

Ali
Alitx05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:15 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone,

Looks like you are all doing great. I fell off the wagon and cheated and waited until Tom was over to get back into ketosis, my TOM is ten days long in ketosis. Today is day 4, I am back in and 135 this morning. I'm going to go two weeks and then cheat day planned, and go until March 20th. Hoping I can lose 5-7 more until then.

I have been keeping up my workouts tho... I go 5 days a week, and Im killing them.
Yesterday was rough, hard workout.... challenging day at orange theory.
I am going to workout today at 4pm, and I am doing yoga sculpt Saturday with a friend to change it up. I feel like if I don't have a bar a day I cant survive this diet. I didnt struggle the first time I did it, but I am now, and I am not sure why.
I remember the fat just melting off my body and when I finished I looked amazing... I had started at 141.0 and ended at 115.0, in 9 weeks.... I don't know why I cant even do 6 weeks straight now. Its like my brain turned a switch and it wont do it.

I know if I go just 6 weeks without cheating, ill have abs and no cellulite at the end, but something isn't working for me this time, myb its the stress.

I have allot of clothes in my closet that I cant throw out, and I cant spend money on new stuff, the hubby will kill me.... LOL.

I have a plan, KINDA, so hopefully I can try to get to 130 by March even and 125 by summer.... more realistic goals..... Im trying

anyone have any pointers to help keep me motivated????

xoxoxox
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #173  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Hi everyone,

Looks like you are all doing great. I fell off the wagon and cheated and waited until Tom was over to get back into ketosis, my TOM is ten days long in ketosis. Today is day 4, I am back in and 135 this morning. I'm going to go two weeks and then cheat day planned, and go until March 20th. Hoping I can lose 5-7 more until then.

I have been keeping up my workouts tho... I go 5 days a week, and Im killing them.
Yesterday was rough, hard workout.... challenging day at orange theory.
I am going to workout today at 4pm, and I am doing yoga sculpt Saturday with a friend to change it up. I feel like if I don't have a bar a day I cant survive this diet. I didnt struggle the first time I did it, but I am now, and I am not sure why.
I remember the fat just melting off my body and when I finished I looked amazing... I had started at 141.0 and ended at 115.0, in 9 weeks.... I don't know why I cant even do 6 weeks straight now. Its like my brain turned a switch and it wont do it.

I know if I go just 6 weeks without cheating, ill have abs and no cellulite at the end, but something isn't working for me this time, myb its the stress.

I have allot of clothes in my closet that I cant throw out, and I cant spend money on new stuff, the hubby will kill me.... LOL.

I have a plan, KINDA, so hopefully I can try to get to 130 by March even and 125 by summer.... more realistic goals..... Im trying

anyone have any pointers to help keep me motivated????

xoxoxox
ok -- so yesterday at my weigh in I told my coach that I planned to start working with a trainer in March to begin building strength.

Her initial reaction was to say - 'Ok so you want to phase off by March....' I said 'no - I want to build some muscle'

She advised against it, vehemently. She said that when we are IP Phase 2 and we try to build muscle we are going to build glycogen and that will redirect our metabolism to get its fuel there, rather than burning our fat stores.

I confess that I am not enough of a body science guru to know whether this is true.... this is something for Ro22 and Briael to research and tell us about -- they are the 2 most body science knowledgeable IPeeps that I know. I hope they will weigh in.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #174  

I'm on day 4 and feeling better. My have serious dragon breath so I am guessing ketosis is setting in.

I am discovering again that it's a bit hard for to me make what amounts to three different meals for dinner- one for me, one for my hubby and older kiddos, and one for the baby who is just starting solids. I've been working on making meat and veggies for all of us and then just adding a side like rice or noodles for everyone else, but that only goes so far when the kiddos aren't really into asparagus. Also, I really miss being able to just dump everything into the crockpot in the morning- so much easier!

How is everyone else doing on the re-boot?
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:49 AM   #175  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

In the middle of week 5 of my reboot. Holding steady. I have had a few Atkins Days here in and there (so I stay in ketosis, but have some cheese or fat and maybe a vodka or two). I am down over 15 pounds the first 4 weeks...hope to keep it going. Feel stronger than ever that I am committed to losing which is great and I don't feel obsessed with being 100% (which may have gotten me in trouble before..."the all or nothing mentality").

I have 2 full weeks left and then I will phase off for 10 days and then back into ketosis. I still want to lose 30 more pounds.....yup gained back 1/2 of what I lost in 2010
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:08 AM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alitx05 View Post
Day 1 Reboot almost done. This is good motivation to do maintence right next time! I lost 35 pounds on IP last year, 20 prior to that doing Ww/MFP. I got to my alarm weight after going a little crazy with holidays and vacation!

Any ideas for Phase 1 Super Bowl Snacks?

Ali
Ali -- Lots of ideas for Super Bowl snacks on this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...superbowl.html

I usually love anything with buffalo sauce Have fun tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #177  

darbs7 -- Glad to hear the occasional mini-Atkins days are working for you. I think I'm going to try that to, though I'm not as familiar with Atkins rules. Is it just that you can add in a little more fat like the cheese?

It is motivating to me that so many of you here, eg, darbs7, cenTXchk, and oneuh2, have lost just about 15 pounds in the first 4 weeks of your reboots -- that's awesome! I know it won't work like that for everyone obviously, but sometimes just focusing on that helps me get through the day

Day 4 has me down almost 5 lbs. so far, and I am hoping this socially-busy weekend does not set me back too much....
Old 02-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #178  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Rebooters!

Stormy, congratulations on your baby!

Just checking in. I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks that I've been on this reboot. It seems like it's been much longer. This has been a long 3 weeks!

Anyway, I'm down another pound, so that makes 11 down. I'm still about 4 pounds away from my pre-holiday weight, then I've got a little bit more to go. Jeesh - it's so quick to come on and slow to leave...

All is well with me, though. My latest Nashua box arrived today, so I'm in good shape. I've been tired and busy, and my schedule has not been conducive to cooking at night. That's usually not a good sign. Even though there are a few places in my little town that are pretty much OP for take-out, it's not as good as baking my chicken or salmon. Ah, well.

I'm going to my annual music education conference next week. There is always much good food and temptation. I've been at this conference on IP and off IP. It's much safer walking around the exhibit hall when I'm OP. I'm able to just pass by all of the "samples" and sweet giveaways to entice you into the vendor's booth. Sigh.

Have a lovely day, everyone.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
ok -- so yesterday at my weigh in I told my coach that I planned to start working with a trainer in March to begin building strength.

Her initial reaction was to say - 'Ok so you want to phase off by March....' I said 'no - I want to build some muscle'

She advised against it, vehemently. She said that when we are IP Phase 2 and we try to build muscle we are going to build glycogen and that will redirect our metabolism to get its fuel there, rather than burning our fat stores.

I confess that I am not enough of a body science guru to know whether this is true.... this is something for Ro22 and Briael to research and tell us about -- they are the 2 most body science knowledgeable IPeeps that I know. I hope they will weigh in.
Lexi & Oneuh- I have been doing crossfit for many, many years and all of my time on IP, I have done it. I can tell you with utmost certainty that doing so did not affect my losses and only accelerated my fat loss and helped me maintain my muscle mass. I can tell you this because they do body fat testing at my gym and have seen the results. During P1, I lost 12% BF and put on 4# of lean mass. At the end of the day, this is what we want. More lean mass and less fat mass.

I am only telling you this as it was my experience and it was my choice to continue to exercise any time I have been on P1. I know that it goes against protocol, but if you read Dr. Tran's book, you will see that this diet was originally developed FOR ATHLETES.

Of course, it is always each and every individuals choice to exercise or not. And I do know that many, many people have weight loss success on P1 without. My personal experience is that I had great success with it.

Also, long before I found IP, I had made exercise a habit and a priority in my life. I was not about to let that fall by the wayside. Exercise is my religion.

Anyway, just letting you know my experience and adding a different perspective to the conversation.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #180  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Lexi & Oneuh- I have been doing crossfit for many, many years and all of my time on IP, I have done it. I can tell you with utmost certainty that doing so did not affect my losses and only accelerated my fat loss and helped me maintain my muscle mass. I can tell you this because they do body fat testing at my gym and have seen the results. During P1, I lost 12% BF and put on 4# of lean mass. At the end of the day, this is what we want. More lean mass and less fat mass.

I am only telling you this as it was my experience and it was my choice to continue to exercise any time I have been on P1. I know that it goes against protocol, but if you read Dr. Tran's book, you will see that this diet was originally developed FOR ATHLETES.

Of course, it is always each and every individuals choice to exercise or not. And I do know that many, many people have weight loss success on P1 without. My personal experience is that I had great success with it.

Also, long before I found IP, I had made exercise a habit and a priority in my life. I was not about to let that fall by the wayside. Exercise is my religion.

Anyway, just letting you know my experience and adding a different perspective to the conversation.
I agree -- I think that the coach's advice to me was erroneous - I think she knows a little but not enough to be a totally reliable source on these finer points that really get into body chemistry. And we are all different -- there is not a vanilla answer for everyone on this stuff.

I know that I probably would not benefit from picking up marathon training out of the blue, but I also know that as the excess pounds go away I want to have some better muscle tone coming in to take it's place. The trainer will be helpful in that regard.

I see a different coach on Monday and she used IP to eliminate fat in prep for her bodybuilding competitions -- she was able to reduce her body fat to 6.5% -- even she said that was ok for a snapshot point in time for a competition but not ok as a state to try to maintain. But I am going to try to regularly schedule to meet with her rather than the coach I saw on Wed. I think she is more attuned to the real body science that was the basis of IP to begin with.

So tomorrow is my next official weigh in - will report results when they are in!

Happy StupidBowl (oh I mean SuperBowl) to all..... hang in and stay on plan - regardless of who wins the game, you will feel you won when you lay down to sleep tonight!

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-05-2017 at 04:14 PM.