Old 01-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Hi all,

Day 6 and I'm still at 139

Congrats on all your losses ladies. I loooove Orange Theory!!!!! its the best workout ever. Ive noticed my endurance is pretty bad on this diet though and it could be slowing my losses, but I am addicted and I cant stop going

Yesterday I logged 550 calories at Orange but to be honest I think the calories you burn there are off. I think its more like 300. I didn't go crazy at al, and even walked out and missed a 400 meter row, and still logged all those calories.

I love working out so its very hard not to. I am not going today because my husband is pulling a 24 hour shift, and I am drinking lots of water so lets see if my weight goes down tomorrow. I will check in.

Jenny, you are doing great!!!

my body hates ketosis after the first time.... very slow losses for me

xoxoxo
Lexi - pretty much everything you said here! During my first run of P1 I *REFUSED* to give up OTF!!! It really is addicting. At first I would do half a class, and then would do a full class but hold back some. I TOTALLY agree that the calories burned are off. I feel like the chest straps were more accurate? But the last article I read on HR monitors was all about the MIO Link which is the OTF wrist one. But yes, MUCH slower this second go round - I know everyone says that but I didn't want to believe it! But again, this is not like real P1 from my start weight (high 170s), but like "those last ten pounds", so I'll take when I can get! All that being said, hang in there! Do you eat anything additional on your work out days? My coach has me do the Alternative/Diabetic plan on days I work out, which is essentially a grain, a fruit, a dairy, spread out throughout the day, not all at the same time! Others do an extra packet on work out day. So, even though you are still at 139, if you're doing OTF, I bet you are losing fat. Check back in with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post
I have an Orange Theory membership, but haven't made it to a class yet. Planning on going once or twice a week once I do. How do you like it?
I 100% LOVE IT! It's one of the first workouts that I literally wake up excited to go...I'm not a morning person yet can make it to a 5am class 2-3 times a week, plus a more "normal hour" weekend class. All the cliches that are in their marketing materials are so true - never the same work out twice, you can TRULY go at your own pace and still get an amazing work out - walk/jog/run, and I get really inspired by everyone in a class - walkers/joggers/runners. They claim a lot of "science" about burning calories after classes, but I just LOVE the workouts themselves. Check one out and let us know what you think! Also, it's NOT CHEAP which is another motivator! HA!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #77  

Default Weight gain in week 1!?!?

I need some advice. I did IP 5 yrs ago & lost 65 lbs. Have rebooted twice since then to take off 10 lbs when I lapsed a bit. This time I need to take off about 30. So, one week ago today I started again. I have been OP all week 100%. However I did notice this time that my 1st week didn't feel anything like the last few times. Normally around day 4 I have I start peeing a lot & the water weight comes off. So I usually lose about 6lbs week one. This time, though, no major changes in trine output & my TOM started mid-week. Then I got a cold. Still 100% OP & ketostix even showed I was in ketosis by day 4. At one week in I have gained 3lbs. I am shattered. Will my body just refuse to do IP again? I can't imagine that TOM would make me 3lbs up (especially on week one)! And where did that normal peeing/shedding of water weight go? I am not sure I even want to do week 2 and then I will just be stuck here because nothing else ever really worked
sparklemarkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 AM   #78  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemarkle View Post
I need some advice. I did IP 5 yrs ago & lost 65 lbs. Have rebooted twice since then to take off 10 lbs when I lapsed a bit. This time I need to take off about 30. So, one week ago today I started again. I have been OP all week 100%. However I did notice this time that my 1st week didn't feel anything like the last few times. Normally around day 4 I have I start peeing a lot & the water weight comes off. So I usually lose about 6lbs week one. This time, though, no major changes in trine output & my TOM started mid-week. Then I got a cold. Still 100% OP & ketostix even showed I was in ketosis by day 4. At one week in I have gained 3lbs. I am shattered. Will my body just refuse to do IP again? I can't imagine that TOM would make me 3lbs up (especially on week one)! And where did that normal peeing/shedding of water weight go? I am not sure I even want to do week 2 and then I will just be stuck here because nothing else ever really worked
Hello,

Keep pushing through. Even though thus is my first run on IP, my coach warned me that I may stall during TOM or if I don't get all of my water in. Please give it more time. You are also fighting illness. Let things balance out.
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Today the girl that cuts my hair said immediately when I walked in -- You've lost weight. I was shocked she could tell since it was only 7 pounds. She said my face was thinner. That is motivation
CONGRATS! that is the best ever to get a compliment! The reason why its only 7 lbs but she notices such a diff is ( from my past experience) on the IP protocol, 7 lb lost with IP does NOT look like 7 lbs lost on a 'reg diet'. It always appears more! when I got down to 165, I appeared smaller than when I was 165 on a previous plan years ago! Someone said, its how the fat is burned and your muscle is preserved on this plan.

If anyone else can verify this, jump in!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
Lexi - pretty much everything you said here! During my first run of P1 I *REFUSED* to give up OTF!!! It really is addicting. At first I would do half a class, and then would do a full class but hold back some. I TOTALLY agree that the calories burned are off. I feel like the chest straps were more accurate? But the last article I read on HR monitors was all about the MIO Link which is the OTF wrist one. But yes, MUCH slower this second go round - I know everyone says that but I didn't want to believe it! But again, this is not like real P1 from my start weight (high 170s), but like "those last ten pounds", so I'll take when I can get! All that being said, hang in there! Do you eat anything additional on your work out days? My coach has me do the Alternative/Diabetic plan on days I work out, which is essentially a grain, a fruit, a dairy, spread out throughout the day, not all at the same time! Others do an extra packet on work out day. So, even though you are still at 139, if you're doing OTF, I bet you are losing fat. Check back in with us!

I 100% LOVE IT! It's one of the first workouts that I literally wake up excited to go...I'm not a morning person yet can make it to a 5am class 2-3 times a week, plus a more "normal hour" weekend class. All the cliches that are in their marketing materials are so true - never the same work out twice, you can TRULY go at your own pace and still get an amazing work out - walk/jog/run, and I get really inspired by everyone in a class - walkers/joggers/runners. They claim a lot of "science" about burning calories after classes, but I just LOVE the workouts themselves. Check one out and let us know what you think! Also, it's NOT CHEAP which is another motivator! HA!
I do Crossfit and have always continued my workouts in P1. Back when I used a coach, she recommended that on days I work out, I should have an extra packet immediately after working out. I have followed this advice and it seems to work for me. Additionally, I have ALWAYS worked out on P1 from the get go. I don't think it has hindered my losses. In fact, I believe it helps and I know for sure that it helps with inches, which is really what is the most important.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemarkle View Post
A few things to consider:
1- When you are sick, your body is not operating optimally. It is focused on fighting off the infection / virus.

2- Have you been taking any kind of cold medicine? If so, it could be making you hold on to weight. Whenever I take any kind of OTC medication, I ALWAYS gain weight. It doesn't matter if it is cold medicine (like DayQuill) or allergy medicine (like Claritin). ANYTHING makes me retain water.

3- In general, your body may not respond to P1 as effectively as it did the first time. In my experience, I need a decent stretch of time (3-4 months) in between stints on P1 to really have it work. If I try to reboot too many times too close to each other, it is just not as effective.

Finally, you have a cold & TOM. Give yourself a break and don't beat yourself up too hard. If you can, keep going on P1. I suspect you are in ketosis, but the symptoms are being skewed by everything else you have going on. Hang in there. I am thinking that once you are feeling better, TOM is over, you will have a nice big whoosh.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:14 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
CONGRATS! that is the best ever to get a compliment! The reason why its only 7 lbs but she notices such a diff is ( from my past experience) on the IP protocol, 7 lb lost with IP does NOT look like 7 lbs lost on a 'reg diet'. It always appears more! when I got down to 165, I appeared smaller than when I was 165 on a previous plan years ago! Someone said, its how the fat is burned and your muscle is preserved on this plan.

If anyone else can verify this, jump in!
Yes, I agree. 7# on IP looks like 12-15 on any other diet. Seriously, IP has a way of really chipping away at the fat.

The same thing happened to me this morning. Now, I am not that far away from my goal, so pounds lost show a little more easily than when you are starting out. I am down 5.4 on my reboot and a friend at the gym this morning said to me that she noticed I lost weight.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #83  

Looks like all is going well on the reboots! Keep up the good work! I am starting Day 9, still going strong and still feeling good.

Oh, Lexi- you mentioned about your endurance not being up to snuff. I have always worked out on P1 and what I have noticed over the years is that the first 3 weeks or so of being in ketosis on IP, my workouts are total crap. My endurance is lower and I feel sluggish. However, after a few weeks, things tend to turn around for me and my workouts start being amazing. I don't know if it takes my body that long to acclimate to fat burning for energy or what, but when I am on P1, I tend to take it a little easier in the beginning until I am feeling optimal and then I feel unstoppable in my workouts. This could be the case for you as well.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Default thx ladies

Jenny and Lynn,

Thank you for your responses. I love to hear others experiences and what works.

I will continue to workout at orange, my abs are on fire.... I carry lower body weight, I am a pear.

I went down a lb today.... 138... YAYyyyyyyyyy
The weird part is I didn't workout.... Hmmmmm... I feel like my muscles retain water, and its released when I don't workout. Im really strict about going. I was going to orange 5 to 6 days.... now I am doing 5 days.

The diet is allot harder this time for me. I get really tired with the kids....

Im glad Im oushing through, Thank you for your support ladies

LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Hey ladies...what is this orange workout? Never heard of it. I do the Jillian Michaels DVD series...when she yells I could just go in the TV and punch her! lol Always proud of myself after completing the workout!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #86  

OTF = Orange Theory Fitness = Orange workout

They are a chain of gyms that offer intense, high cardio style workouts.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #87  

Thanks, jennydoodle & Lita2! I'll keep plugging another week & hope for the best!
sparklemarkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #88  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

sorry to be so absent the past week - but it's been a crazy one. Lots going on, including me following IP all week and today was my first Weigh In on this Re-Boot -- down 7.2 lbs - that is a pound more than the first time I did IP two years ago.

I am pleased and feel like I am really on the path. And pleased for those who also lost this week. Great answer from Jennydoodle to Sparklemarkle. A week when you add illness and TOM on top of body changing start of the IP program is just more than the body can bear. Hang in and have faith in the process. It will always work for you if you do the work.

I learned today that IP stopped offering Leek Soup... bummer - I liked it SOOO much better than the broccoli cheese which they kept and even better than the chicken noodle. Sad to see it go.

I followed my coach's advice and had steak only one time this week and I had it Monday so it could be worked through my system by weigh in today. Coach says your body takes 2-3 days to metabolize beef, and less for the other natural proteins. This is news to me... I wish I had a study or research to look at that supports this conclusion.

Onward to week 2.... I am jazzed!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Way to go Oneuh2! You got this girl!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hello Ladies
Sounds like everyone is doing well.... Congrats on all the losses. I was down to 137.5 this morning.... interestingly enough I missed my workout and didn't have the pre-workout protein. I think the OTF workout does hinder my losses... I retain allot of water.
Cravings still here on Day 7. This morning I walked by a coke machine and wanted a regular Coca Cola so badly. Its been at least 5 years since Ive had regular full calorie coca cola.....

That was kinda funny.... makes me wonder if I am losing my mind. I'm very very crabby at night. I have allot of mood swings on this diet. Yesterday I had to go collect rent from a building we own, and I was really upset when I left and they wanted a ten day extension. Happens all the time. But on this diet, it was enough to upset me all day..... does anyone else feel like this?

the cola cola thing was the best this morning. Then I had coffee with a friend and she ate a donut.... I didn't care for it.... strange huh? lol....
But I kept thinking... why is she eating that donut.... lol lol

anyways, that's my entertainment for this morning.

OTF was doing a 2000 meter row this morning. I had booked a class and a friend texted me that she heard that was the challenge of the day... I cancelled... just couldn't row 2000 meters on this diet.

Have a great day my friends
xoxoxoxo
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote