Old 01-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
I'm on Day 10. My husband is doing a 12 hour shift tonight and I'm stuck home with my kids acting pretty kookoo. We went to the mall earlier ... but they have been bad all day so I've had many moments where I want to cheat really badly. I think I'm going nutty on this reboot. I'm still 137. No more losses to report. I don't think I'm going to continue the reset. I can't have any restricted and that's what's probably putting me over the edge. I did my workout yesterday and I couldn't go today and can't go tomorrow. I actually did well yesterday. 670 calories burned and I was in the heart rate zone to burn for 35 minutes. Not bad for low carbing. Jenny, you were right ... my workouts are getting better!!!!

Today I met my sisters and brothers at Cheesecake Factory for my baby brothers birthday. It was super rough ... they were all eating bacon burgers bread butter and then cheesecake. I was on the verge of a break down. Then I came home and calmed down.... I should just avoid these outings when I'm dieting. My health stats are really bad. High cholesterol bp and borderline diabetic. I really need to do this right. Sorry about my rant. I had a rough dieting day
Hope everyone is doing well!

Xoxo Lexi
Hey you made it through the day...that is what is important! I realized that we cannot stay away from these kinds of events...they are always happening because let's face it that's life! We can decide not to go to the movies because we know the popcorn smell is too much but you don't want to miss celebrating your brother's BDay.

My 2cents....I don't think you should cut out your restricted...you indicated that you looked forward to it and that it was the best part of your day...now you take that out...that is your reward...you love it...have it...you DO NOT want to deprive yourself and then 'have a nervous breakdown and cheat'!

YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!

Brigitte
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Good morning rebooters! Starting Day 12 for me. Official weigh in has me at 138. Not too shabby. 6.4# in 11 days is better than I expected. I feel better mentally being back in the 130's. Plus this week was TOM, so I am glad to have had another loss.

Otherwise, things here are status quo. Feeling better all around, clothes feel better and I feel like I look better.
Way to go jennydoodle ! You are such an inspiration! I can't wait to get back in the 130's...I hope to be there by summer time and wear my 'short shorts' again!

One hour at a time, one day at a time, one pound at a time!

Brigitte
Old 01-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hello everyone
I am on day 14 of my reboot. I do not think my losses will be great tomorrow at weigh in but overall down 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I feel so good. I went to the movies yesterday and the smell of delicious movie popcorn didn't tempt me. I can do this.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Hello everyone
I am on day 14 of my reboot. I do not think my losses will be great tomorrow at weigh in but overall down 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I feel so good. I went to the movies yesterday and the smell of delicious movie popcorn didn't tempt me. I can do this.
Good for you!
Pamie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #110  

Default Hello and Happy New Year

Today is day two of the reboot for me. I am excited for the new me and wearing my cute summer outfits again. Can someone tell me if yoga is okay to do early on in Phase 1

Pam
Pamie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #111  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone - just checking Io say I am pretty much on track and until this morning I have dropped partial ponds every day. This morning begins day 11 and I am down a total of 9.4 lbs. I see to have messed up my ticker, so I will have to try to set up a new one.

For you guys who are working out - I commend you for continuing your exercise habit but I also know that this promote slow loss due to the body holding extra fluid. If you value doing both I guess you have to kind of live with that... I think if you keep it light to moderate in intensity, you would eventually adapt, but you will likely be back to maintaining before too long - unlike me it seems you guys are rebooting after relatively small regains. Sadly I have to plan on another 7-8 month phase 1, so I am waiting a few weeks and then starting some strength training. I need more muscle mass - right now I am at 50%. I was fairly high fat percent even when I lost 80 lbs before, my lean mass was pretty low and then sitting in hospitals and rehab centers and nursing home with husband for 8 months just made that worse. I think walking and some free weights will be my best approach for now.... And some dancing of course! Swing and Salsa make me breathe pretty heavy right now so I know I need some aerobic exertion.

Regarding the restricteds - to have or have not - now that IP has the vanilla crisps that are unrestricted, I find that to be as satisfying as a restricted bar from the IP selections. Personally I miss the Quest bars we could cut up and bake as cookies - but I am impressed with the IP Vanilla Crisp. Good idea to try this to satisfy that sweet crave.

Re craving the forbiddens.... I have pretty much gotten past the need for real sugar stuff - I look at the Starbucks glass case and really have no urges despite my love for baked goods...I want something to munch on sometimes though... The Keto community advocates pickle juice to stave off cravings... I am going to try whole dill pickles when I want to just feed face with something to munch on. They count against the select veggies, but that's ok.

I just need to settle in for the long haul... I know time will fly if I do not obsess over this - and August will come whether I stick to plan or not. I have to remind myself that my August birthday will be a much better celebration if I stick to plan than if I have to look back and wish I had not wasted the chance to get back to a healthy weight that fits into the nice clothing in my closet.

So for me on this Sunday... I am hanging in!

Update - I weighed again before getting dressed this morning - no food yet though I should have been up and had a shake or something before noon - but my scale showed a half pound loss from yesterday... and 1.2 lbs less than my morning weigh in at 6:30AM.... same nightgown, no food, and just a couple of pee trips to the bathroom were the only things different. And I had double checked the scale reading at both times that I weighed, early before I went back to sleep, and again when I got up at noon. The scale is a snapshot at a moment in time and so many things can change the reading. Go figure.

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-15-2017 at 02:32 PM.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #112  

Way to go one. Those are great stats! I am hoping to get to goal by the end of June so I am here for some time also. Together we can and will get this done.

Bravo coffee for those great losses. When I go to the movies, mostly with my daughter, she does not get popcorn anymore (even if I tell her I can handle it)...she wants to see me get back to my goal and she knows how hard I am working. I bring my chips with me (Protes) and break them into small pieces to make them last...and I have some water.

One hour at a time, one day at a time, one pound (or more) at a time! Brigitte
Old 01-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #113  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

I'm back! It's wonderful to see the activity on these boards. Looking forward to continuing the journey with you all.

I lost 81 pounds 2012-2013 and kept off most of it with some little reboots throughout the years. My biggest reboot began this past September when I realized I had gained back 45 pounds during the spring and summer. I had gone through a tough year with the loss of my sister.

I was OP last fall and lost 25. Somehow in the last 5 weeks (and I know how it happened - no surprise here) I've gained back 17 of the pounds I lost last fall. I wanted to wait until this weekend to begin. And I did. Today is my second day and I'm feeling the normal "second day-ish feeling." Happy to be back on program, a little head-achy, VERY happy to be back.

I readjusted my goal to 135 from 125 as a more realistic maintenance goal. When I get there I can decide if I want to lose a bit more, but for now this is a good goal for me.

So...Happy New Year to you all! I look forward to this journey with you. And I look forward to fitting into my smaller size clothing once again as spring approaches.

BTW - You might think that the holiday treat temptations are a thing of November-December. Well, down here in Louisiana we are already in Mardi Gras Mode. My department office prides itself on eating the most King Cakes from now leading up to Mardi Gras in February. Every day there is a King Cake in the office and an email announcing it. Good grief!! Not a temptation for me, though.

Last edited by joysh; 01-15-2017 at 11:06 AM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post

My 2cents....I don't think you should cut out your restricted...you indicated that you looked forward to it and that it was the best part of your day...now you take that out...that is your reward...you love it...have it...you DO NOT want to deprive yourself and then 'have a nervous breakdown and cheat'!

YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!

Brigitte
I agree with Brigitte, Lexi. Why are you cutting out the restricted? If it helps you and you look forward to it, why not have it? It is still P1 and you would still be 100% protocol. I say go for it. Your mental well being is just as important.

And as far as the bacon burgers, etc... Yes, you are on P1, but more importantly, your health is at risk. So even if you weren't on IP, it would not have been a wise choice to eat all of that saturated fat. Maybe if you look at it from a different angle, it will be a little easier for you.

It's like what we were talking about with food cravings. There are so many foods that look so good when I am on P1 that I would never dream of touching when I am in maintenance. It's the same concept.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Hello everyone
I was able to conquer this my very first time on IP. Even if I am not on P1, I very rarely go to the movies and get popcorn. I usually end up bringing a bag of Quest chips or if I am in maintenance, I will bring Pirates Booty. Once I was able to go one time without the popcorn and I realized that I could do it and it didn't effect me in any way, it was smooth sailing. That was over 5 years ago.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamie51 View Post
Today is day two of the reboot for me. I am excited for the new me and wearing my cute summer outfits again. Can someone tell me if yoga is okay to do early on in Phase 1

Pam
Pam, it is really up to you. The actual protocol calls for no exercise. However, I have never stopped exercising through all of my time on IP, from my initial go around and any reboot I have done thereafter.

About 10-12 years ago, I finally made exercise a priority in my life and a habit that I cannot live without. I was not about to give that up because of IP. It took me a long time to get to a point where I HAD to exercise and where I look forward to it. It was not an easy battle and there was no way I was going back. That is why I have exercised throughout my entire time on IP.

You will find that this is a very divided topic, and ultimately, you have to decide what you want to do.

I am currently on P1 for a reboot to lose 10# gained over the fall and holidays and I do hot yoga 1-2x per week. I love it. I love the cleansed feeling you get from sweating everything out and I love the lean feeling you get from stretching your muscles.

So, the short answer is that there is no right or wrong answer. The true IP protocol would tell you no, but you will find that there are many "exercisers" here that have exercised the entire time with no negative effects. Ultimately you have to listen to your body and only do what you feel comfortable doing.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

For you guys who are working out - I commend you for continuing your exercise habit but I also know that this promote slow loss due to the body holding extra fluid. If you value doing both I guess you have to kind of live with that... I think if you keep it light to moderate in intensity, you would eventually adapt, but you will likely be back to maintaining before too long - unlike me it seems you guys are rebooting after relatively small regains. Sadly I have to plan on another 7-8 month phase 1, so I am waiting a few weeks and then starting some strength training. I need more muscle mass - right now I am at 50%. I was fairly high fat percent even when I lost 80 lbs before, my lean mass was pretty low and then sitting in hospitals and rehab centers and nursing home with husband for 8 months just made that worse. I think walking and some free weights will be my best approach for now.... And some dancing of course! Swing and Salsa make me breathe pretty heavy right now so I know I need some aerobic exertion.
I have actually found the opposite to be true, for MY body. I tend to have greater losses on weeks where I work out consistently vs. times that I do not. I know everyone is different, but this is just my experience. I have also noticed that it has helped tremendously in my inches lost, and that have kept a good lean mass ratio. It has helped me with not having loose skin or a lot of fat / flab. So as I lose, I get tighter / leaner. This has just been my personal experience.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #118  

Joysh- I have no idea what a king cake is, but the name alone implies that it is something we should all stay away from, IP or not!

Welcome back!

Day 13 for me and I am on my way to successfully getting through another weekend. Overall, I feel good (body wise) and I am past the point of being hungry anymore. That is good, but I gotta tell ya, I seriously can't wait for this reboot to be over

Another 4 weeks, at the very most for me. I have 2-3 more pounds until I am back at goal, so this should be very achievable. Starting Feb 13, I have a lot going on, traveling, company, etc... so I really want to be back in maintenance mode by then as it just makes all of that stuff so much easier.

Hang in there in everyone!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #119  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi All!

I'm back! It's wonderful to see the activity on these boards. Looking forward to continuing the journey with you all.

I lost 81 pounds 2012-2013 and kept off most of it with some little reboots throughout the years. My biggest reboot began this past September when I realized I had gained back 45 pounds during the spring and summer. I had gone through a tough year with the loss of my sister.

I was OP last fall and lost 25. Somehow in the last 5 weeks (and I know how it happened - no surprise here) I've gained back 17 of the pounds I lost last fall. I wanted to wait until this weekend to begin. And I did. Today is my second day and I'm feeling the normal "second day-ish feeling." Happy to be back on program, a little head-achy, VERY happy to be back.

I readjusted my goal to 135 from 125 as a more realistic maintenance goal. When I get there I can decide if I want to lose a bit more, but for now this is a good goal for me.

So...Happy New Year to you all! I look forward to this journey with you. And I look forward to fitting into my smaller size clothing once again as spring approaches.

BTW - You might think that the holiday treat temptations are a thing of November-December. Well, down here in Louisiana we are already in Mardi Gras Mode. My department office prides itself on eating the most King Cakes from now leading up to Mardi Gras in February. Every day there is a King Cake in the office and an email announcing it. Good grief!! Not a temptation for me, though.

Me too!!! Happy to be back on program, happy to see familiar screen names, and happy to see activity here on 3FC!!!

And I had King Cake at a friend's house on Christmas Eve -- it is a fine Louisiana tradition, there is a baby Jesus figure buried somewhere in it, and the one we had Christmas Eve was ordered from a very popular New Orleans bakery that's famous for their King Cakes... for me, it was a good cake -- sort of like a cinnamon ring with a lavender purple icing drizzled over it... It was ok - but I would not cheat to have some - it's not THAT good... not as good as seeing that scale number go down and seeing myself fitting into more and more of my smaller wardrobe....

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-15-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:44 PM   #120  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I have actually found the opposite to be true, for MY body. I tend to have greater losses on weeks where I work out consistently vs. times that I do not. I know everyone is different, but this is just my experience. I have also noticed that it has helped tremendously in my inches lost, and that have kept a good lean mass ratio. It has helped me with not having loose skin or a lot of fat / flab. So as I lose, I get tighter / leaner. This has just been my personal experience.
I can believe you Jenny - we are all different - what triggers our cravings, what satisfies us, how our scale readings change, how we react to exercise, and more, I am sure. Sadly, I am more drawn to managing food than I am to managing my exercise. I need to work on that this time, as I believe it is a necessary part of my life, especially as I approach age 66 this August.
Gosh... that sounds so old - 70 is right around the corner... arrrrgghhh!