Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Lexi- I get all kinds of ridiculous cravings when I am on P1. Foods that I NEVER eat all the sudden seem so appealing and make me want to cave. It must be the lack of carbs and calories. Because when I am on traditional maintenance and I COULD eat something, I never do or never want to. You mentioned the donut. I don't even like donuts, but on P1, if I were to see one or smell one, I would be all "mmmmmm donuts. I really want a donut. So yummy. Why can't I eat one?" It's crazy. But any other time, I would never choose to eat a donut because I don't really like them all that much and I would rather choose a cookie or a brownie or ice cream.

I also have crazy food dreams when I am on P1. It is usually sweets and I am usually cheating on the diet So many times I have woken up relieved that I didn't really eat the cookies, or whatever it was.

Day 10 for me. I am feeling good and I am not hungry, but I am starting to have feelings of "being over" this reboot. Maybe because I am feeling good, but I am now fighting feelings of not wanting to do this anymore. Bleh. I will likely stay the course because 1). I do want to get back to goal and 2). my husband is doing it too as a reboot, so I might as well keep going if he is. It's easier when we are both rebooting together.

I also think because I had that really good first week and I did see visible changes, but now that I am well into week 2, which is notoriously lower, I am not getting those same "good feelings" of getting smaller, etc... I know, you would think that by now after I have done this for so long, kept the bulk of my weight off, rebooted when necessary, etc... that I would be used to it by now. I am here to tell that "nope, it never gets easier". Ugh, that's depressing.

Ok, I'm not going to leave this post on a negative note. SO. On the positive side, I have been staying on track and combatting the feelings of not wanting to. I have stayed strong and will log another perfect P1 day in my books.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Jenny,

Loved your post. Enjoyed reading it.... I'm just like you with the food.... I dream about it and crave it but I don't cheat while I am committed to the diet....

I am actually on Day 9, I am losing it.

You are very lucky to have your husband rebooting. I have to cook other things for me, and other things for husband and kids. today I am making them my Italian moms Pasta with meat sauce and I cant have any....lol

We are going away for the kids spring break in march, so Im basically rebooting to try to fit into something I already own. Don't want to go buy all new summer clothes in March.... even though I might hit up Targeeet for some little things...

Love to hear all of your stories and struggles.

Thx for all of the support,

xoxo
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Lol - I'll never forget the time in P1_2015, I was in WalMart and the most insane craving came over me for MAYONNAISE! I literally thought I was going to lose it if I didn't stick my hand in a jar of Dukes Mayo and eat it

1 eating dream during this reboot, but no weird cravings.

Day 15 of Reboot_2017 - going good, but of course TOM decided to make an appearance this morning. At least it explains the hunger / headaches for the last 2 days, especially when I knew I hadn't ate anything to kick me out of ketosis.

I got a disappointment on the scale Tuesday, so am planning to stay off until next week, when I should be well clear of my PMS symptoms.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:33 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Lexi- I get all kinds of ridiculous cravings when I am on P1. Foods that I NEVER eat all the sudden seem so appealing and make me want to cave. It must be the lack of carbs and calories. Because when I am on traditional maintenance and I COULD eat something, I never do or never want to. You mentioned the donut. I don't even like donuts, but on P1, if I were to see one or smell one, I would be all "mmmmmm donuts. I really want a donut. So yummy. Why can't I eat one?" It's crazy. But any other time, I would never choose to eat a donut because I don't really like them all that much and I would rather choose a cookie or a brownie or ice cream.

I also have crazy food dreams when I am on P1. It is usually sweets and I am usually cheating on the diet So many times I have woken up relieved that I didn't really eat the cookies, or whatever it was.

Day 10 for me. I am feeling good and I am not hungry, but I am starting to have feelings of "being over" this reboot. Maybe because I am feeling good, but I am now fighting feelings of not wanting to do this anymore. Bleh. I will likely stay the course because 1). I do want to get back to goal and 2). my husband is doing it too as a reboot, so I might as well keep going if he is. It's easier when we are both rebooting together.

I also think because I had that really good first week and I did see visible changes, but now that I am well into week 2, which is notoriously lower, I am not getting those same "good feelings" of getting smaller, etc... I know, you would think that by now after I have done this for so long, kept the bulk of my weight off, rebooted when necessary, etc... that I would be used to it by now. I am here to tell that "nope, it never gets easier". Ugh, that's depressing.

Ok, I'm not going to leave this post on a negative note. SO. On the positive side, I have been staying on track and combatting the feelings of not wanting to. I have stayed strong and will log another perfect P1 day in my books.
I so agree with you on all you have just posted! And have never been one to do the measuring the body thing, thus I don't REALLY know whats going on if the scale is not FLYING down lower and lower. However as I mentioned, I SEE the difference in the areas I need it the most. Will keep plugging along....
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
OTF was doing a 2000 meter row this morning. I had booked a class and a friend texted me that she heard that was the challenge of the day... I cancelled... just couldn't row 2000 meters on this diet.
xoxoxoxo
Lexi - I cancelled yesterday too because 2000 meter row?! Uhm, pass, see you next time OTF! I'm going today, as I think the "challenges" are over with! Did you know that the workouts are the same nationwide? We can compare notes! Hang in there, baby!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
Lexi - I cancelled yesterday too because 2000 meter row?! Uhm, pass, see you next time OTF! I'm going today, as I think the "challenges" are over with! Did you know that the workouts are the same nationwide? We can compare notes! Hang in there, baby!

Hi there Lynn,

That's too funny I did the 2017 meter row January 1st or 2nd.... that was rough, so I knew I couldn't do it on this low calorie diet. I knew they were the same yes. We own a condo in south Florida, and
I go whenever we are there. My friends go here and we have compared notes, so we figured it out... LOL.

I hate the challenges... I went the day we were doing the squats, push ups, pull ups, and situps and counting them all.... I think I got to 75.... I walked out and went to the restroom to hide....I couldn't do it...

Also, My heart rate gets super high since I started IP again. One day it got to 129 percent!!!!! OMG... the instructor ran over to me... I was fine. and I get tired and sweaty really fast.... its comical because I usually log 40 splats, and now I'm lucky if I get 20.... Literally 50 percent performance....

I'm going today at 4:30.... Have to wait for hubby to get home, set table so he eats, and then go....

I am doing ok.... its my Day 10. I want to go longer but I'm dying for a restricted bar!!I might just go straight Ideal after 'done. Or to the alternative plan, so my workouts don't suffer.

I was 137.2 this morning. I was hoping to get to 133 by next Tuesday.... I doubt it, my losses are slow this time.

Anyhoo...... Have a great day ladies.....

much love...

Lexi
Old 01-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi there Lynn,

I knew they were the same yes. We own a condo in south Florida, and
I go whenever we are there. My friends go here and we have compared notes, so we figured it out... LOL.

I hate the challenges... I went the day we were doing the squats, push ups, pull ups, and situps and counting them all.... I think I got to 75.... I walked out and went to the restroom to hide....I couldn't do it...
I went the day that they did who can run farthest in 24 minutes, which was SO.BORING. for me because it was just 24 minutes straight on the tread, with no pushes or all outs. Needless to say I did NOT run the farthest! HA! Burn on, woman.
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
I went the day that they did who can run farthest in 24 minutes, which was SO.BORING. for me because it was just 24 minutes straight on the tread, with no pushes or all outs. Needless to say I did NOT run the farthest! HA! Burn on, woman.
Lynn,

Oh geez, Thank God I missed that!!!!
LOL!!!

Today I saw someone with a bag of fritos, I want them lol....

Haven't had those in years too.... i'm over the red coca cola tho. phew....

Ill let you know how orange goes today for me. I am doing every other day for now, and starting up 5 to 6 days again on January 20th.

Keep me posted on how you are doing...

thx for writing,

Lexi
Old 01-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I so agree with you on all you have just posted! And have never been one to do the measuring the body thing, thus I don't REALLY know whats going on if the scale is not FLYING down lower and lower. However as I mentioned, I SEE the difference in the areas I need it the most. Will keep plugging along....
Start taking measurements now. I take my waist, my stomach area (2" below my belly button) and my hips. Not a lot, but a few key points that I care the most about. This really helps me because if I do not see the scale move, but if I lost 1/2" in my hips or stomach area, then I feel better and know that things are still working.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #100  

Day 11. Still going strong and staying OP, but I am still struggling. However, last night learned that I will have a ton of stuff coming up in Feb/Mar, so it does make it a little bit easier to stay on track now, knowing that I want / need to be done with this reboot by then. I am also TOM, so I am not expecting too much out of my weigh in tomorrow. I can definitely feel the difference in my body from when I wasn't TOM to now that I am.

Lexi & Lynn- one thing that I notice in my workouts is that it takes me a couple of weeks to become "fat adapted". The first few weeks I am on P1, my workouts stink- no energy and I feel awful. However, after a couple of weeks, my body becomes used to using fat as it's primary energy source, and then I feel unstoppable. Give it a little bit more time and hopefully you will notice an increase in your energy during your workouts.

Hang in there everyone! Reboots are never easy, probably because we know how tough they can be
Old 01-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #101  

Jenny,

Thank you for all the advice... I appreciate it allot. I am hanging in there with the workouts, I have to!!! Ill let you know if I improve....LOL.

The pre-workout shake.... I do the core series BCAA.... its good. I read that you drink a pre-workout Jenny. What are your thoughts are carbs and calories in these shakes. I looked at the nutritional info, and there isn't any info regarding calories, carbs. On the bodybuilding website it says they do have about 100 calories.... I think they contain carbs and calories as well... what are your thoughts Jenny? Which pre-workout shake do you recommend?

Thank you in advance,

xoxoxo
Old 01-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #102  

Quote:
Jenny,

Thank you for all the advice... I appreciate it allot. I am hanging in there with the workouts, I have to!!! Ill let you know if I improve....LOL.

The pre-workout shake.... I do the core series BCAA.... its good. I read that you drink a pre-workout Jenny. What are your thoughts are carbs and calories in these shakes. I looked at the nutritional info, and there isn't any info regarding calories, carbs. On the bodybuilding website it says they do have about 100 calories.... I think they contain carbs and calories as well... what are your thoughts Jenny? Which pre-workout shake do you recommend?

Thank you in advance,

xoxoxo
Hey Lexi- I don't do a pre-workout shake, more like a pre-workout drink. I usually workout at 6:00 am, so I am up at 5:00. Since it is so early, I can't really tolerate much in my stomach. What I usually do is have (2) hardboiled egg whites so I have a little something. Then my pre-workout drink is more like an energy drink. I use a product called Spark by Advocare. Then I mix in my BCAA's into that.

Then post-workout, I have a shake. When I was doing IP with products, it was usually the ready made chocolate shake, since it was so convenient (and I really liked the taste). Now I use alternatives and my post workout shake is the chocolate milkshake by Quest.

If you are up early but you don't workout right away (say you are up at 6, but not working out until 8-8:30), I would recommend having 1/2 a protein shake pre-workout, approx. 1 hour before you workout. I'm not sure if you are using alternatives or IP products, but if you are using IP products, you may want to invest in a tub of alternate protein powder to use for this purpose so it doesn't get too expensive. Quest is a good product, fairly clean and I haven't had any issues with it. Plus, I think they are pretty tasty.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #103  

Good morning rebooters! Starting Day 12 for me. Official weigh in has me at 138. Not too shabby. 6.4# in 11 days is better than I expected. I feel better mentally being back in the 130's. Plus this week was TOM, so I am glad to have had another loss.

Otherwise, things here are status quo. Feeling better all around, clothes feel better and I feel like I look better.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:39 PM   #104  

Default Pre workout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hey Lexi- I don't do a pre-workout shake, more like a pre-workout drink. I usually workout at 6:00 am, so I am up at 5:00. Since it is so early, I can't really tolerate much in my stomach. What I usually do is have (2) hardboiled egg whites so I have a little something. Then my pre-workout drink is more like an energy drink. I use a product called Spark by Advocare. Then I mix in my BCAA's into that.

Then post-workout, I have a shake. When I was doing IP with products, it was usually the ready made chocolate shake, since it was so convenient (and I really liked the taste). Now I use alternatives and my post workout shake is the chocolate milkshake by Quest.

If you are up early but you don't workout right away (say you are up at 6, but not working out until 8-8:30), I would recommend having 1/2 a protein shake pre-workout, approx. 1 hour before you workout. I'm not sure if you are using alternatives or IP products, but if you are using IP products, you may want to invest in a tub of alternate protein powder to use for this purpose so it doesn't get too expensive. Quest is a good product, fairly clean and I haven't had any issues with it. Plus, I think they are pretty tasty.
Thank you so much. I have a pre workout drink lol. it's a powder called core series bcaa glutamine. I was wondering if there are calories in it because I'm going up in weight on the days I have it and there's nothing posted online about the calories in these drinks. Anyways, I'll try the one you suggested and thank you for all the other suggestions....

I'm currently doing alternative products... I use quest protein powder and the chips and I really like the pure protein ready made shakes... I get some stuff from my friend but she doesn't offer that much and I hate paying 30$ a box for ip stuff ...
Old 01-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #105  

Default Day 10

I'm on Day 10. My husband is doing a 12 hour shift tonight and I'm stuck home with my kids acting pretty kookoo. We went to the mall earlier ... but they have been bad all day so I've had many moments where I want to cheat really badly. I think I'm going nutty on this reboot. I'm still 137. No more losses to report. I don't think I'm going to continue the reset. I can't have any restricted and that's what's probably putting me over the edge. I did my workout yesterday and I couldn't go today and can't go tomorrow. I actually did well yesterday. 670 calories burned and I was in the heart rate zone to burn for 35 minutes. Not bad for low carbing. Jenny, you were right ... my workouts are getting better!!!!

Today I met my sisters and brothers at Cheesecake Factory for my baby brothers birthday. It was super rough ... they were all eating bacon burgers bread butter and then cheesecake. I was on the verge of a break down. Then I came home and calmed down.... I should just avoid these outings when I'm dieting. My health stats are really bad. High cholesterol bp and borderline diabetic. I really need to do this right. Sorry about my rant. I had a rough dieting day
Hope everyone is doing well!

Xoxo Lexi