Old 02-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hey y'all,

Want2be- I hate those hungry days! No spa, they are booked. OP except for veggies today. Sometimes life gets in the way, a friend really needed a shoulder. The only safe thing on the menu was plain shrimp cocktail(sans sauce) not even the salad was safe! Refused to pay the price for plain lettuce. Will do better tomorrow. Def. drank enough water though and resisted wine.

How are you doing friends?
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 PM   #122  

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

I wrote a nice long post last night and magically lost it by clicking a random button on my lap top. I can't even count how many times I have done that on this forum. So frustrating!

I needed some stress relief so I hit the treadmill tonight for some running and walking. It felt great. I am now deliciously tired and ready for bed.

I hope you all had a great day with plenty of control.

S.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: life definitely gets in the way at times. Good job staying op. It's very hard to resist at a restaurant. Bummer about your dinner out, you are not having much luck with those this week.

Steph: exercise is good for stress relief. Hoping you have a better day today.

Happy Friday everyone! Hope everyone has a great op weekend. What are your plans for the weekend? I plan to sleep late and get some walks and relaxation in.
want2bskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #124  

Hi, good food day, weird combo for dinner but Lent makes it tough. Since the Spa trip fell through, I plan on heading to Marshall's and grocery shopping. Other than that, I do not intend on speaking to anyone. This has been the longest week, and I am tapped out on human interaction.

Steph, sounds like stress is going around. Glad you chose healthy and walked. Hope you got a good night sleep. Does the exercise have any impact on your losses in Phase 1?

Want2b, your weekend plans sound perfect. Funny, but resisting when I am out to eat is not hard for me. Home can be an issue, if I am not motivated or bummed out.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:53 PM   #125  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Hi all, good to see everyone staying OP. I went out for dinner tonight after a very hectic week at work. Managed to stay OP with steak and salad. Best of all I didn't have the wine. It was hard, I swear I could smell it wafting from my friends glass! Looking forward to a great nights sleep tonight.

Tomorrow, my plan is do laundry and the grocery shopping and then find a crock pot recipe from Slip's post during the week. And then I have to go to work but still my crock pot dinner will be waiting for me when I get back. And then there will be enough for leftovers during the week. Good to have a plan!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #126  

Good morning,

My attitude is so much better after a good nights sleep! Guess I was just worn out. Fell asleep really early, which is highly unusual, but woke up at 5:00 a.m. refreshed.

Feeling thinner too! I see this reboot lasting through the end of April. I will be going off for one night in mid March.(big event) Beginning to see this process differently. While staying 100% on my first journey to goal, maintenance is very different. All or nothing forever is not working for me. I think my focus will be healthy eating most of the time with special occasions off.

Rosie, I like your plan. Going to pre-cook food for myself too. Least favorite thing about OP is having to cook dinner on work nights. My friend kept saying home great her wine tasted the other day! I just kept reminding myself of my bathing suit in June.

Ladies, what has been your approach in Maintenance? I am not talking about our recent backslides, although I do think it is interesting that some of the bumps happened at almost the same point after 2 years.

Last edited by Slipfree; 02-27-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:05 PM   #127  

Hi Slip, I'm not doing Phase 1 right now. I am bouncing around Phase 1-3 so I can still work out. I know the extra lbs won't come off as quick but I am needing the stress relief right now.

Rosie - well done for getting through you dinner wine-free I have a birthday lunch to go to at Tony Roma's tomorrow. Not my favorite place. I've had to go there on IP in the past and the options are terrible. The chicken and steak were awful. Not worth the money spent on it. I have no choice in the matter unfortunately. My in-laws insist on going there every year for both of their birthdays

I hope you're all well. Just a bit more work this afternoon and then I can start my weekend. Yay!

S.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #128  

Steph- are your clients allowed to walk a couple of miles/ day while in Phase 1? Ready to start getting my legs ready for Italy, tons of walking will be done there. But, I do not want to slow down my losses. Hope you survive Tony Roma's. Do you at least earn wife\DIL points? Glad that you are turning to exercise to deal with your stress. Lately, I have been wishing that I owned a punching bag,
Old 02-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #129  

Slip, walking on Phase 1 is fine. You may initially see a bit of a stall but if you're walking regularly it should work itself out after a week or two. I won't gain any brownie points tomorrow. My presence is mandatory. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that my MIL won't choose to go there for her birthday in a few weeks but I've burned before. March is the Tony Roma's month. I feel like such a drama queen over this issue :P I know you all feel my pain though. We have our safe places to eat out and it hurts to pay $ for food that you don't enjoy and isn't "OP".

S.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:42 PM   #130  

Steph, I completely understand, restaurant issues for me twice this week-$12.00 for a bowl of lettuce! Heck no. Thanks for the answer about walking.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #131  

Good morning,

WI day, down 3 1/2! Yahoo

So, I followed through and am in the process of cooking 2 of the crock pot meals- Cinnamon Chicken and Captains Chicken. Will let you know how they turn out. Going to make some chicken buffalo meatballs too. Absolutely hate to cook during the week.

Last edited by Slipfree; 02-28-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #132  

I had a cheat meal yesterday. But back today. Slip, funny you should mention maintenance this time around. I have been thinking about it too. The all or nothing approach doesn't work for me. I think I am going to try to have a cheat meal once every couple of weeks during my loss and see how that goes. For the most part the clean eating works, but not having cake on my daughters bday seems ridiculous to me. That is not something I can live with for life. I know the cheat meal will slow my progress but I think it may save my sanity. Lol. I guess I will see how it goes. WI day for me tomorrow, the scale was down before the cheat so it should be interesting tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:55 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy leap year!

Slip- woot woot on the scale coming down! that's to bad the spa weekend fell thru but sounds like you had a nice quiet weekend. 20min for lunch is horrible. I often eat at my desk, I come in late due to gym or it's the only thine to get paper work/phone calls done. I try tho to make time to read.
When are you off to Italy?

Want2b - I think you need to do what works for you. My mom has lost over 100 and has kept it off for 7 years. She does weight watchers and some IP but works at it everyday. In order to not feel deprived she will take a bite out of muffin or dessert and then throw it out. I want to try that. I need to work on willpower and self control.

Steph - how is the working out going?

Rosie- great work on not drinking the wine. Sounds like you have a great plan for your food.

I ripped a tension or something in my foot and am on complete rest - had x Rays no break. I know it will heal by put frustrating. All the more reasons to be OP now that I can't be active.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #134  

Hi Ladies,

Want2be, today is a new day! I am waffling about the day off. Not sure that I want to stop my momentum and lose 3 Days getting back into ketosis. It is not for a couple more weeks, plenty of time to decide.

Jenny, so sorry to hear that you hurt your foot. I know that running gives you peace, bummer. Working protocol will def. help during your recup. time. As for me, I am going to Italy from June 23rd to July 6. Lunch does not take long, when it is water and a protein bar, lol. My weekend was quiet but busy with aundry, taxes, and cooking.

Good food day, working on water, cinnamon crockpot chicken for dinner with salad. Love the Captain Chicken in those crockpot recipes.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #135  

Jenny: sorry about the foot. Hope it heals quickly. Thanks for the support.

Slip: Italy sounds wonderful. Is this instead of the yearly trip with your mom? We all have to do what is right for us, if you don't want to lose 3 days of your momentum for one meal then don't. I think this time around we have learned what works for us and what doesn't. I think you will figure it out at the time, try not to stress about it.

WI day for me, down .5lbs. I am happy with that. On to a new week.