Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Vacation is here! Yahoo, I made it.

Where are you gals? Kenya, Nashville....
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:29 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

WooHoo, Slip! You are probably more stoked than the kids are! You deserve the break. Go do something extremely fun and random, like drive to Florida for the weekend, lol. A male friend of mine here drove on a 3 day weekend down to San Francisco. 1 full day steady driving, a day & night to do the tourist thing & party, and 1 day to drive back, then work the next day. Haha, he was pretty tired but it was an epic trip he will never forget. A 'remember when' moment for later in life....

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:58 AM   #228  

Liana,

Haha, with this head cold, I will be lucky if I drive to Rhode Island (1 hr away) for lunch tomorrow. I am planning on lunch at this great Oyster Restaurant with Mom. Really contemplating having a glass of wine. I want to feel like I am on vacation! I am 7 pounds from where I want to be scale wise, things have really slowed down. I know the wine will knock me out of ketosis, but the steam let off may be worth it. So says the girl that has never cheated on Phase 1!

Okay update- I have talked myself out of the wine, but I am feeling bitter,lol. Italy, Italy, Italy.........

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-16-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #229  

Thank Goodness, I am down 1.5! 6 to go for my vacation goal. 10 for room on the scale. We shall see....

Happy Sunday to all!
Old 04-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #230  

Things to keep in mind, Slip!! You will get there and at your goal too!!
Liana
Old 04-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #231  

Thanks Liana! I white knuckled it through a very nice lunch. The weather here is a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny. Fantastic 1st day of vacation. Yahoo!
Old 04-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #232  

Hi gals,

Where are all of you? I am loving vacation! We have actually had two days of sunshine in a row. My cold is going away, had lunch with an old friend that I had not seen in a while and I am on track IP wise. How about you?
Old 04-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #233  

Wow, so nice to have the good weather isn't it? We here are breaking 110 y.o. records for temperature - supposed to be 30C today and sunny and hot for the rest of this week at least. Poor folks on the other side of the country from us just had 35 cm of snow and highs of 0C yesterday! Yikes, so glad I don't live in the Maritimes at this time of year although they have such awesome, warm, long lasting autumns.
Good going staying on track Slip. I am ok most of the day but still crazy at night. DH & I split a 100g Lindt 90% bar and had a tall shot glass of Trader Vic's Macadamia Liqueur while watching the movie "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen". After 2 Freybe Pepperoni sticks and a chunk of old cheddar.... My IDGAF stress response to my life right now, I suppose. I have to break that habit.
Although to be honest I am not gaining any weight doing this - I think I am at my body's memory weight - close to what I have been for a large part of my life.
Not my happiest weight though, lol.

Liana
Old 04-22-2016, 11:15 PM   #234  

Hi Liana,

I too, am grateful for our weather this week. I always feel so much better after soaking up some sunshine. I made sure that this week was pure relaxing. I have done no gardening, no housework and absolutely no school work. It has been wonderful and my cold is finally gone!

Hope your night time indulgences stay off the scale, they do sound yummy!
Old 04-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #235  

Well... here's some news for y'all... Turns out I have subclinical autoimmune thyroid disease (aka early Hashimoto's). Doc & I did a little digging and it is tied to fibromyalgia (which I have had for almost 6 yrs now dx'ed) and chronic widespread pain syndrome. (PubMed Clinical Rheumatology articles 2014/15)
Sigh....
So although all my levels are within mid normal ranges, the only one out right now is my thyroid antibodies, which means my body is starting to fight against my thyroid gland. I have another full on test scheduled for 6 months from now to see which direction things are going. I'm going to do a little digging for herbal/natural type remedies for this right now and probably will be adding to the huge bloody stock of supplements I take already. I counted them out one day, and it's like 14 pills a day. But if it helps me function, I will do it. After all, there are a lot of people out there much worse off than I. Autoimmune issues do run in families and unfortunately my brother died at 47 from a rare one and there are other nasties in my family tree.
At least it helps explain what has been going on with my health lately (including my weight and cravings - it ain't all just menopause).

There is nothing like soaking up sunshine and being outdoors in nature while lounging. I think we all get so hung up on being 'productive' at all hours of our day that we forget to recharge batteries. Ha, that's my DH's problem - he feels like he is wasting time when so many other things need to be done on his list. I think he runs on guilt anyhow, lol.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend, gals; today is my 'Monday' and the start of my workweek.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #236  

Oh Liana, I love your positive attitude! But girl, you can not catch a break lately. I am glad that you and your Doctor found out what is going on. Also, very sorry to hear about your brother

I know that you will find the best information, because you are awesome at that. Keeping you in my thoughts, friend.

As for me, I am pretty sure that I was out of ketosis! Don't know how?!! Have been extremely on point program wise, only thing different was the tiny liquigel pill for my cold from the Dr. Oh well, hopefully the scale will start moving again.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:06 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Liana - any thoughts on using Armor thyroid med? If I remember correctly it's pig thyroid. Unfortunately it didn't control my hypothyroidism well enough but others have had a lot of success.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #238  

Hi y'all!

Are you gals back from vacation? Time to share the stories and get on track.

Nice final day of vacation today. Went to an appetizer/ dessert event that my Mom ran and then out to Drinks and snacks with my SILs and Nieces. I had decaf coffee and ice tea that is all. Brought my wafers with me to stave off hunger.

The scale remained the same this week! Ugh! I went back to our old threads and read about how long it took me to break my slow down around this weight last time- 3 weeks. Patience, I keep telling myself. Stressing is not going to help. So funny to read all the old posts- lots of names of people that I miss here- Hawaii, Hiker, Kawaii, Kooky, Dir, Jemma, Scottysgirl, Lisa, RuthAnn, Jig, Wine4me, Schenectady,...... The list could go on and on.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:37 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Jambo ladies,

I've missed you! We had the most amazing time, saw the most beautiful animals and stunning landscape that I have ever seen. I started putting camera down and just watched the animals interact.

The food was really great. We ate all the fresh veggies and fruit. I stayed away from sugar which was easy cuz their desserts weren't great but did the fruit and only carb during the morning for 90% of time. There was more oil in the cooking than I'm used to. Toe is better and was able to walk back in fourth in front of the row of tents and did some yoga stretching. Went back to the gyms yesterday to bike and for weights

I braved the scale just now and up 2 lbs from last weigh in. Still need to drop 9-10 more tho.

Slip - looks like you had a restful week off. Hope your cold is gone. I saw your about the 9 yr old girl dying - such a huge loss. I can appreciate your comment tho about it making you thankful for what you have/can do.

Liana - how are things going at home with your mom? Saw your post about health issues, sending love your way. I imagine relief in knowing what is going on, and like you said to explain the cravings and then hopefully a good treatment plan.

Want2b- how are you doing?

Have a great Monday!
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #240  

Welcome back Jenny!

2 pounds up after vacation is awesome! Your trip looked amazing. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip and time with your Mom. You must be so happy to be back at the gym, I am so happy that the toe is getting better.

Good couple of days at school! I am still working Phase 1. These last pounds are taking forever. Oh well, it is what it is. Most of the prep is done for the Italy trip, just need to see if I can load Italian maps onto my gps. My cold is gone, but I am def. tired from being back at school.

Want2b, Steph and Rosie Posie, I am missing you all!