Old 03-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #151  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Slip - what a week you have had. I'm in awe of you staying on plan and posting during such an horrendous hard time. I hate car trouble because I don't have any control over it and every solution is expensive. Congrats on the new car with its many buttons and gadgets. Gotta look at the positive side - now you will enjoy worry free motoring.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your 13 year old tyrant. I have no advice unfortunately except for just breathe. This too shall pass. There must be something awful in his out of school life to have him acting up so bad and that makes this so sad.

We are all here for you though and I think being able to talk about the tough times with the car and school is so beneficial and allows you to sometimes figure out solutions as you are writing down the issues. That's what I find anyway!

I've had a pretty good week. Working super long hours which actually makes being OP much easier as I don't have the time to obsess over hunger or choices that im making. I did go out for dinner on Friday night. My friend had a gorgeous smelling glass of wine and I stuck to my club soda. It was hard for the first minute or so and then I sucked it up and started thinking about how in a couple of weeks I will be able to fit into my smaller sizes again.

Liana - you have such a busy life! I don't know how you do it. You have some fun functions coming up. Your trip to MX sounds like so much fun. I'm booking flights today for my trip to Chile and Argentina in October. And I've also just been invited to a wedding in Toronto in May. So I'm looking at flights for that as well. I love booking holidays. Good to have holidays to look forward to while I'm working long hours.

Steph, thanks for the support and the realization that I wasn't the only one who struggled with the carb/fat separation. I was good at home but when I went out for dinner, which happens a lot with my lifestyle here, it would all fall apart and then I wasn't following that up with a P1 day. I can see now where there are things that need more work when I get to maintenance this time.

Weigh In this week is being moved from Tuesday to Wednesday morning as I have a breakfast meeting on Tuesday. There will be lots off off plan food so I will be prepared with my coffee mixed with chocolate drink. I love it. So delicious - it feels like a treat every time I have it.

All the best everyone for an OP week. Slip, I'm sending you happy vibes for a fabulous week.
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Rosie,

Thank you! Writing down all of it, seems to help. Otherwise, the stress builds up and food/wine become an option.

Glad your week went smoothly. Your holidays sound fun. I think the anticipation for a trip is a wonderful mood booster. What adventures are you planning for Chile and Argentina?

As for me, the week ended on a positive note- WI- down 3 pounds.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #153  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

I'm doing a trekking holiday in Patagonia with a friend. It will involve about 5-6 days of solid walking so once I'm done with P1 (and busy season) I will start to do some walking and get in some solid training. I want to be fit enough to enjoy it otherwise I'm just going to be miserable. Booking holidays makes me very happy!!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yaaaay, Slip! I'm glad you made it through all the headaches, and with flying colours to boot! 3 lbs down WOOT WOOT! And congrats on the new car!

It's been busy as you guys already know. Besides all the fun stuff (junior hockey playoff tickets tonight), family drama is happening as the daughter & husband (who are money hungry) have been hassling DH's mum about her spending habits and how expensive the seniors' residence she is living in is (not for what she receives in services), and the cell phone bill.
The cell phone bill is a regular amount every month with unlimited calling through the US & Canada (she has kids & a sister all over the two countries). They want to cut her service to unlimited Canada only, saving $10/month, but meaning that she cannot phone her other daughter or her only living sister in the US. She would have to wait for them to phone her or have a horrendous per minute charge for off-plan calling. She's 90..... really in the whole scheme of things is $10/month that much? How much longer will she live & use the cell phone anyhow? Even if she is able to use the cell phone til she is 100 that is $1200 over 10 years. She has money, obviously they want more of it 'left over' in the will. The rest of us think this nickel & diming is ridiculous. She just needs something simple and uncomplicated so she doesn't have to keep track of who & when she phones and for how long the call is.
The really nasty part is that they accessed the plan that is in my husband's name while we were away in Mexico and somehow convinced the company to change it. Fraud plain & simple. We only found out about this because of an automated email from the company telling us 'the changes we requested have been implemented.' This was done without consulting DH - or even the other son & daughter. Needless to say, we gave them & the company ****.
Soooo, yes I did get into the SKYY vodka in the fridge but at least had it straight w/o fruit juice, lol. Just a couple of jiggers over the worst evening.
This is ongoing as we have not heard back from management yet & they were supposed to call us to get this straightened out. Perhaps they are consulting with their attorney. Not that we would take them to court over this bitty amount but we are pissed off.

On to better stuff.... We were at an 80's Film Festival this weekend (a yaay for big hair, lol) and did dress the part on both nights. Got two draw prizes of compilation soundtrack CD and double DVD of movies we don't have yet, and also won a $20 gift card from our local grocery store (for costume). Funny thing last night... watched the last Sean Connery Bond movie 'Never Say Never Again' and my draw ticket happened to end with the numbers 007! LOL Pictures on my facebook page for those that are linked.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #155  

RosiePosie! I am jealous about the Patagonia trip... it's on our list, but so are many other places, although soon at this rate I will be too old to trek anywhere and may have to ride some sort of animal to do it, lol.
Liana
Old 03-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #156  

Wow Liana! The phone story is crazy. What was DH's sister's response? Family can be sooooo difficult.

Congrats on winning! You are a lucky lady.

Better day today. Met with the VP and the tyrant child. TC was completely resistant, but my boss let him know that the yelling/bullying would not be tolerated. Praying for a change.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #157  

Ahhhh, Slip.... there was lots of backpedaling and changes to the story, but it is still easy to see it for what it is.
Happy that you had backup from the VP! No parent participation in this?? Or maybe they are the cause of the problem in the first place. They probably have no respect for duly constituted authority and have 'trained' their child the same way.
EEEP!
Old 03-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #158  

Liana, the mom seems beaten down, sad, and resigned. As for your SIL- serious breach of trust. Hard to recover

I am so tired today. Thankfully, I cooked on Sun. I made a small pork tenderloin with sauerkraut and chicken curry (both in the crockpot) I also baked tarragon chicken in the oven. My days are so much better when dinner is ready. I need a house husband!

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-08-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello ladies,

Slip- congrats on the new car. What a week you have had. Car troubles are a pain and a huge stress. How ip did it feel to start thinking about your retirement? 10 years can fly. I have a co worker who is in final count down, she is a part time nurse on our team, 21 working days to go for her. You have such a lovely heart and care so much about your students, it sucks when they crap all over you.
Totally impressed and super prod of you for letting 3 lbs go this week

Liana - lol the pic of the woman in the thing. Sounds like you had a great trip and then sucks to come home to family stress. Did the cell phone p,an get sorted out? I love that at 90 she is able to use the cell phone. The 80's film festival sounded great. I saw a few pics lookup ex like you were having fun

Rosieposie - yay booking holidays! When do you leave? I have never been but would love to go?

Steph - sorry to hear about your ankle troubles. I hope physio brings some relief.

I am in a waking boot and tring to be a patient and let things heal. Going for an ultra sound Thursday and a referral made for a bone scan. Missing my exercise which makes me feel down and grumpy. Nit gaining but not losing. Successful resisting the sugar which is what I want to soothe pain.
I have been enjoying chopped salad from subway...anyone else try?
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:32 PM   #160  

Jenny38: Chopped salad from Subway is my go-to fast food for a filling meal and pretty on plan too. Just watch the cheese & sauces/dressings and you can make it just the way you like it. When they have the steak sandwiches featured that makes for salad awesomeness (with Frank's hot sauce as dressing) or chicken with 'buffalo' sauce (1/2 Frank's and 1/2 ranch). There is always Wendy's Apple Pecan Blue Cheese Chicken Salad... with extra mac nuts or pecans from home - when on maintenance though.
I bet it's good to at least have a walking boot on. Can it be removed for a deep water workout in the pool? Talk to your orthopedist/physio. Or maybe they have a sturdy waterproof one. Lots of options for athletes but you don't get if you don't ask... they somehow just assume people want to lie about like slugs during their recovery.

And now for the 'cell phone news...' We phoned the company again and got things straightened out, in fact they switched her to a cheaper plan (special offer, lol) which will cover unlimited US & Canada for $10 less. That should make everyone happy now. DH took her to her hearing aid audiologist appointment (first one in this area) and the girl was really helpful yesterday. While they were on the mom & son roadtrip he asked her exactly what type of plan she wanted and she confirmed total unlimited 2 country and didn't even care about the extra $10 it would have cost. Ya think the daughter would have discussed this with her before screwing with the plan, wouldn't ya? Since her phone minutes are easily over 1000 every month, unlimited is definitely the way to go.

Hiya, Steph/Rosie/want2b!!

Slip this pic is for your new car, close your eyes and pretend... but not while driving of course... "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go..."

Liana
Old 03-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #161  

Funny Liana! I really did have a sporty red car until I moved onto Heck Hill! I am loving the tech in the new car, voice calling, Bluetooth and listening to podcasts through my iPhone. Actually look forward to my drive.

Good food day, clothes are looking good. Starting to get clothing compliments again. Dinner with a friend, so happy that my local restaurant has an IP menu!
Old 03-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #162  

I am absolutely exhausted today. Can not wait for my energy to surge. Have professional dev. tomorrow, so no kids. Birthday party for my BF SIL, just girls on Sat. Really going to have to work my willpower because those girls know how to eat and drink, yummy style!

How about you gals? How ya doin?
Old 03-10-2016, 08:39 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Liana -great work on getting cell phone figured out and such a great deal. At subway I do no cheese and will use a little sub sauce but on Sunday I came home with it with no sauce and added 0% Greek yog and Tazikhi on it. I also added a hard boiled egg as they only gave 4 slices of Turkey. But yum and worth the $$.
I can take boot off to swim laps, no pushing off wall with sore foot and I can water run which apparently is just as good as land running. Chiro hoping for bike in a couple weeks but I am leaving April 5-21 for Tanzania! My mom and I are doing a safari together, all 5 star tenting and flying first class. My dad was supposed to go but his cognitive deterioration makes it too stressful for him and her. He is releaved to stay home.

Slip. - glad you're enjoying the new car. Are you at a training tomorrow at is it report card writing? Stay in track this weekend you are workings hard and getting to your goal. Think how much better you will feel sticking to,your plan. I have dinner with a girlfriend Saturday and thankfully she did IP and lost 130 so we will be eating on plan together.

I checked out the face serum link....very tempted to try. I wondered how they stayed looking so good

The scale came down again today so that was motivating to keep using resistance muscle. Have WI tomorrow. Staying the course till I get to lower end of range and likely leave for Tanzania
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #164  

Jenny,

OMG! Safari in Tanzania! I can not wait to hear all about it since I teach about Africa.

Rosie, how was your week and WI?

Want2be, missing your nightly check in. Hope all is well.

Friday update: good day on program. So happy it is the weekend!

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-11-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:27 AM   #165  

Hi,

WI today down 4! Made it through the birthday party with no issues, but definitely went over my coffee limit. Although, I drank a ton of water too! 13 pounds to go!