Old 05-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi girls,

Well, went a bit off the rails with a couple glasses of wine at Mother's Day Brunch, food was fine. I am sure that my 1 pound just became 3 pounds, but I am okay with it. We had a really fun day.

Hope that you had a great day.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

slip! 1 lb or a possible 3 but I doubt you drank 7,000 calories in wine. May take you till Tuesday to flush it out. I'm glad that you took an extra day off this week, sounds like you had a horrible week. I agree when we give too much we stop being good at what we do. I also say a hungry therapist is not a good one and have been known to eat a snack or finish a salad if I see a client at a meal time.

Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom on this last reboot and I'm glad you are happy with your body. That's what counts. I agree that we are all going to struggle. We are a not perfection but a work in progress.

I had the scale down to 172 - still 7 lbs over. but then TOM came and we went to dinner at a chefs kitchen Saturday night and she made Asian fusion which was great but salty - so this added a few more over Very thirsty yesterday. I'm not sticking to a plan but today is Monday and time to stick to a plan. My birthday is June 10th so I'm going to work towards 167.

Liana- how are you doing? Do you know anyone impacted in Fort McMurry Fire? We gave $ to the Red Cross. I have been avoiding looking at the imagery as it's horrific. I can't imagine what these folks have gone thru and all that they have lost.

Happy Monday
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Jenny & Slip & 'lurkers' & gals we haven't heard from in a while, lol.
Managing OK here... relatives have friends in Fort Mac. They are all OK, still not sure about their homes, though. One family with a farm started getting their animals out early so the animals are all safe too.
I have been through that twice as we are in a hot dry region of the province and summer fires are our biggest natural risk. Been evac-ed with 10 minute notice in 1998 and 2003. Both DH & I have worked in Emergency preparedness - he fought forest fire for 5 years and I helped out with Red Cross Emergency services.

I feel for those folks as it is a scary thing to have only one road out of town - our situation too as we are tucked in a valley. I just shake my head at those people who are complaining about how the fire is being handled - 'why don't they do this or that, or use this equipment or get the army here quicker, etc.' Unless you've been involved in the actual emerg services, you have NO IDEA of the logistics to carry these things out, or sometimes if they are even feasible. I think everyone is doing a wonderful job - giving emotional & physical support in these cases is very exhausting too. Thinking about you and the therapy, Jenny. Same deal.

Woot woot, slip! I'm sure the extra wine weight will be off in no time. We ended up taking my MIL to a garden centre where she & DH enjoyed coffee & donuts in the greenhouse, while I picked out a couple of nice baskets for myself. She didn't want to add to her patio since she wants to keep it simple and has one multi plant basket inside her place right now. Then we went to the local farm market where we all had amazing ice cream -free for her, 20% off for us. Mine was a little cup of pomegranate locally made and soooo amazing. I thought it might be a sorbet, but no, it was a really rich flavourful ice cream. Enough of that now!

I've been working extra since one of the guys is sick... did some measuring and logging of the actual work I do while on patrol. 8 hr shift - I get in & out of the patrol car 80 times, drive 160 km on average (in town, lol), and walk 9,600-10,000 steps (not counting the rest of my day). Kinda crazy!

Today I start 2pm-9pm shifts on a Ministry of Transport road construction site. So I've got to get planning and making my meal and snacks since I cannot go offsite for any reason. Not sure how much walking will be involved, but I will wear my old skool pedometer & see. Not much in the way of driving at least, lol.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:19 PM   #259  

My prayers are with all those people effected by the fire in Fort McMurry.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the support. Have been back on track for the past two days and feeling better physically too. Yahoo!

Jenny, you are definitely right about being "works in progress", just as long as we keep on working it. Glad that we are in this together.

Liana, new job site does not sound fun. Glad you had a nice day with DH's mom. It has been so cold here that the trees are not even leafed out. Lost tons of plants over this winter including my beautiful huge butterfly bush
Old 05-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #260  

The onsite road construction spot for work isn't all that bad, although I have a blister on my heel from my steeltoes since I walked 12121 steps on shift yesterday (11507 the day before). Funny sort of number, lol. Today I may have to figure out an antiblister patch so I can go onsite safely, I can't very well wear a pair of backless slides/clogs on this site!
I am keeping an eye out for when they start to tear down one of the houses on the properties where the new cloverleaf is going through... there is an awesome peony in the front yard that I want to dig out before they demo the place. I have to wait for the go-ahead though, we are onsite to prevent scrap scroungers as contractors are bidding for the materials for salvage (metal roofing, windows, sinks, siding, etc) so I can't very well scrounge for myself yet, lol.
Peonies are so expensive... too bad about the butterfly bush, slip, they are so lovely!

Liana
Old 05-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #261  

Hi ladies,

Good Phase 1 week going here! The scale this weekend will determine whether I move to Phase 3.

Resisted wine at happy hour today. My friend just found out that her dad has very serious cancer, she needed an ear and a shoulder. It meant a late dinner for me, I was starving! Came home and made buffalo chicken meatloaf. I tweaked my meatballs by adding riced cauliflower. Pretty yummy and leftovers for tomorrow, which is good because I have a 5:00 hair appt.

Liana, glad the new job site is good! Hope your feet held up. Are you going to get the Peony? I M going to do some plant shopping this weekend, I think. Nights have been really cold, so planting is still a risk. May have to wait a week.

Jenny, how is your week going? I absolutely hate TOMs effect on the scale, it really can mess with your brain. Try to ignore the numbers. Birthdays are always good motivation. June 10th, huh? My Mom's birthday is June 11th.

Hi to all of the Oct Newbies!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:26 PM   #262  

Where are you ladies? Still stuck with my one pound. One more week of Phase 1
Old 05-15-2016, 03:44 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

I think I aviod the site went I'm not doing well which totally defeats the purpose of the site. I also avoided my weigh in on Friday! But have been working hard to lose the up lbs. I'd still rather work at this then gain it all back. I'm trying to change to story a little in my head to not make it hard work or a challenge but something easier and not stressful ...don't have that figured out yet.

Liana - I think you have had every job out there. Your Husband to. Did you get your peonies bush yet? If we don't hear from you for awhile Slip and I will assume you got arrested for scavenging

Slip - did that last stubborn lb come off? It is freezing here today, it snowed! I had to bring my hanging plants inside. Last week was busy but got my workouts in and went to bed early a few nights.

My parents cottage goes up for sale tomorrow. We are going the get the trampoline from up north for our house. My DH is very annoyed cuz it's huge and will take up half the yard but the kids will have a blast.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #264  

Jenny, Careful, I avoided the site for 2 months and ended up with 20 pounds and 3 months of Phase 1! Use me as your cautionary tale,lol. No, the 1 pound has not gone away- I swear it is a way to keep me on the straight and narrow. The wine really did set me back a week. The long reboot has reframed maintenance for me. The planning involved with eating this way can be hard, but cooking most nights is necessary for me. The stopping for food on the way home, became a slippery slope for me. I love Janeva's cookbook and can not wait for her low carb- Phase 4 one. The food tastes good again and I really needed variety in phase 1 style dinners.

The scale is stressful. A full 6 perfect Phase 1 days with no change, can blow my mood up in a nano second. There is nothing that I can do to change the scale but I am trying to diminish its power.

I am sorry about your parents' cottage, I know that you have had wonderful times there. I am glad that you are bringing the trampoline home! The kids will love it.

As for weather, we are running the gamut here too! 70s yesterday, freeze warnings tonight. Afraid to plant anything!

How is your foot?

Last edited by Slipfree; 05-15-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #265  

Morning, gals! Well, apparently while I was off work a couple of days, the peony was lifted (likely by the crew putting in the security fencing, how ironic!) and as there was really no name attached to it, not much to be said except that I am bummed!
There is an even bigger one that I want to stake my claim on but it isn't in 'no man's land' between the hwy and property line, so I may be out of luck anyhow.
With two of our patrol guys down with a major cold/flu here (it's going around town) and one site guy in bed with diverticulitis, it has been a crazy work ride this past while. Even the boss has had to work days (office) and nights (city patrol) and he's getting a little punchy, lol. I headed off to my on-site job this morning for 6 am (taking one sickie's place as scheduled) and found another employee also scheduled to take his place... called the boss and it was an oopsie but I suppose better too many scheduled than NO ONE when we are talking security. Boss asked if I could do city patrol tonight instead (9pm to 5am) so off I toddled back home to get more sleep. Surprised the heck out of DH when I pulled back in the driveway, he had just gotten up for work when I left. Anyhow, back to bed and I slept for another 4 hrs which will help.

I got offered a job while I was helping my mom at her eye appointment (watching the cataract situation), lol, The eye surgeon told me they were looking for someone for reception & diagnostic tech at their office as one of the gals is moving to Calgary. This came about because I mentioned I had worked briefly at a local ophthamologists' office, while I helped explain what was happening for mom. Four days a week 7:45-4:15, and they would be willing to train on the diagnostic machines... but the job I have now is so flexible, there is no issue whatsoever about taking time off whenever (with 1 month notice - sometimes less) and my bosses are so nice, co-workers too. Also way less pressure. I kind of got burned out on managing people and scheduling when I was Facilities Customer Service Supervisor for Parks & Rec in a neighbouring town. DH & I have discussed it a bit, but still aren't sure what to do. I do hate to leave my bosses in the lurch as I like them very much and our super busy season starts in 1 week!

I think you are right, Jenny... I have tried every job, lol. I never actually made a conscious plan on these things - opportunities just seem to arise and training was available on the jobs so I've never really had to do much in the way of pay-for-schooling, although I did spend 3000 for a Dental Admin Assistant certificate course once during a dry spell job-wise. Funny but I never did work in a dental office, although it did help with the ophthamologists' office, the idea is the same, just the software is different and they like to train you on their own systems anyhow.

On the bad news front... weight-wise I am up a bit more, darnit! I need to get a handle on this as I feel slightly out of control these days. And my work pants are getting to the not so comfy stage. I NEED 10 LBS OFF, the sooner the better, but we know it doesn't happen 'sooner.' I am wearing my hubby's old shorts that are a bit too small for him and don't have many of my own that fit right now, and am looking at my sundresses most of the time (it's my fat @ss)! Anyhow it's always good to get it down in accountability mode on the board here with you guys. Maybe it will help me get my willpower back.

Keep on truckin' and sorry for the ramble.

Liana
Old 05-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #266  

Liana, WoW! Lots of news your way. The job offer sounds intriguing and would mean no more night work. But I am glad that you like your current job. Good luck figuring it all out.

Bummer about the peony Went looking for plants to replace my lost ones, but did not find what I was looking for.

Sorry that your shorts are not fitting. What do you think is up with your missing willpower? Diet fatigue, stress? My slide was due to both. I finally just got sick of my pants not fitting.

Other than the wine on Mother's Day, I have not veered off protocol at all. But the reboot losses were soooooo slow. Ugh! I was really hoping for a couple more pounds, but they are not moving.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #267  

You are an inspiration Slip! Just that bit of wine I'd say is pretty good willpower. What kind of plants are you looking for? Here's my some of my lupines right now and a shot of dawn over the lake from work this morning:

Weellll, so much for the extra up pounds... I'm back down to my 142 again. Probably because I have been working so much, no opportunity to run to the fridge/cupboard and settle down with a nice comfort snack in the evenings. I think it is mostly habit as I have always been a late-shifted eater, never wanting breakfast, but liking my third meal later in the night. It doesn't help that DH will pull out a snack when we have the evening off together and want to watch a movie or something. He can seem to stop at a handful of whatever, but I can't. I like the mouth feel of the textures... smooth, creamy, chunky, chewiness, dry crunchiness. I need to NOT LISTEN to that voice in my mind as I'm driving home from a long day that says 'Yum, wouldn't a nice chunk of creamy salty cheese go down well right now... and with the contrast of crunchy something, too. Let's see what I can find when I get home...' I know I shouldn't let my feelings be dictated by the scale, but I do feel more optimistic today.

Hi Jenny.... are you finished shoveling snow yet ??? We have been roasting in 28C sunniness, lots of kids in the lake already but the level has risen from mountain meltwater and it's too cool for a wimp like me. I think I've gotten soft. I used to wash my hair with glacier stream water when we were our younger hiking selves. Gives ya brain freeze, but clean hair on a backpacking trip is so worth it, lol. Of course since it's Victoria Day Long Weekend coming up here, it will get chilly (highs of 17C) and rain. Seems like it never fails. Part of the reason we never go away on the May long weekend. That's OK as there is a lot of interesting stuff going on in the neighbourhood. Falkland Stampede - it's in its 98th year and draws some of the top cowboys and top animals in the country. Nice because it's not huge like Calgary Stampede or Cloverdale Rodeo or the Canadian Nationals in Edmonton. You can get up close and personal with the contestants, and hang out by the bucking stock pens. I often go. There's also The Provincial Open Competition Gold Panning Championship and lots of fun family type events with music near the river (25th year). There's also a great concert with Shane Philip (he plays wonderful soulful guitar too but this video is so much fun); we have his albums. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJ_gBXBdEk They are raising money for some local kids to go to a major film school down at the coast. Oh, and a double bill drive-in (Zootopia and the new Star Wars) at North America's largest drive in screen. Not sure what to do this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (1024x631).jpg (46.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 004 (1024x576).jpg (18.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #268  

Oh Liana, you would be super human to not let that dang scale effect your mood! I am glad that your scale number is going down. I would feel more optimistic too. It is so much easier to make good food choices, when the scale is happy. Why is that

I saw your beautiful flowers on FB! Gorgeous!!! I am looking for Lime Rickey coral bells (heuchera) for the shade hill. Also solid/one color zinnias, I hate mixes. I have to replant a bunch of bee balm and my butterfly bush.

Wow, you have a lot of social choices this weekend! I am going to a happy hour retirement party and then later to a relaxation yoga glass tomorrow. On Sat., I will meet up with Mom to finish some Italy details.

Hi Jenny, how is your week?

I am looking forward to the reboot ending 1 pound or not, Phase 3 begins on Sunday.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #269  

Hi ya'll,

Reboot done. Back to maintaining. 1 pound curse still here, oh well. I look good anyway. Went shopping yesterday, back in small tops. Still going to keep my menus the same, until Italy, but going to fit in some social occasions (wine). I have a number of end of the year obligations- retirements and going away parties.

Hope that you are all happy and doing well.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #270  

Ahhhh, Laura.... Italian men
Here's photos - pick your favorite, lol. I love Italian men, they are not afraid to show some serious fashion style.

Liana
Ciao, bella!