Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip - great work on the down lbs! So proud of you that you got thru the beat party! What did you do? I'm super excited about the trip and to spend this time with my mom.

I did well with my wi Friday morning, was down 5 lbs, and then I went totally of plan and ate sugar and then popcorn. I got back on track the next day and reflected on why I feel so easily into this pattern and I think it was cuz I was tired of dealing with foot, sick of working so hard and just wanted to sooth with food. So, next time I need use my other tools and sooth with shopping, books, and other things.

Another week and a fresh start
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:25 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

First, yahoo on down 5 pounds! Oh Jenny, I know that soothing with food pattern so well! After I fell and got the concussion, something changed. I felt tired, frustrated and overburdened by work, enter ice cream and coca cola to sooth my angst away. Plus, I was sick of thinking about eating healthy. Was it worth the up pounds? I realized,not for me. The food really did not help after the first few times, but my pattern started again. Thankfully, I have stopped it with Phase 1 now. I do think you need the treat day in maintenance, and you were back on track the next day.

Your trip sounds amazing! I am sure that you and your mom will make wonderful memories there.

I forgot to answer your ? About the bday party. I made a buffalo sauce meatloaf and salad to take with me. I arrived with a hot extra large coffee, so I would not have to focus on a drink. I really avoided any eye contact with any of the food or drink.

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-14-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:43 PM   #168  

Hi Ladies,

Where are you all? Hope everything is going well. OP day today.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #169  

Hello ladies,

Happy hump day.

Planned my food and trying to focus on one meal to the next

Had a cortisone shot in my foot today and hopeful that I will see some results.

Slip - how is your week going? You're right the soothing with food is not worth the up lbs and all the hard work to get it off. I agree about the treat day tho because I also get tired of being so stricked. Great work bring your own food and the coffee. I will have to remember the coffee trick
Old 03-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals... something weird was up at my end of cyberspace yesterday... couldn't pull up 3FC for the life of me. We did have a big storm here but not sure what the issue was. The site stayed blank white screen of death.... 'loading' but never completing.
Good to see things are going well. Buffalo Meat Loaf sounds awesome. I think I could live on hot sauce & cheese. REALLY! My favorite snack is any hot sauce poured on cheese, lol.

Hope the cortisol works for your foot Jenny!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #171  

Hi gals,

Pretty good day here. I am so lucky to have two restaurants with IP menus in my town. Tonight, my friend and I went to Spice Club (Asian food). I had an IP tofu and chicken soup filled with tons of veggies, it was good. My friend had my favorite meal, Pad Thai. I have found this time around, I am avoiding looking at the food around me. Easier to ignore the yummy stuff!

Jenny, this week has been fine program wise. School wise, I am counting down the days until April break in mid April, lol. I will be praying that the cortisone shot brings you improved healing. Are you getting excited about your trip?

Rosie, Want2be and Steph, hope your weeks are going well.

Liana, I do miss cheese! Your night with your parents sounded wonderful but tinged with sadness. I wish you continued strength.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:17 PM   #172  

Hi all,

Finally shared my concerns with my bosses in a very respectful and constructive, but firm way. In some ways, I actually think that they agree. At least, I felt that I was heard. Feeling less tense tonight.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #173  

Height: 5'2

Hi All,

Can you tell I'm struggling? I can't bring myself to check in here when I'm off plan. I tend to have a good 3 days and then blow it for the next 4. Started over on Monday with a ketogenic plan without the IP products. I get so tired of them. Off to a great start. I was surprised with a fantastic 4.4 lbs down already this morning. It's water weight but still motivating. I plan to stick to this until Easter weekend when my family comes to visit and then continue after they leave. I will need to stick to this if I want to fit my spring/summer clothes!

WTG Slip for sticking to Phase 1.

Jenny, I'm so sorry about the foot. I'm seeing a physiotherapist for my ankle and she says NO RUNNING right now. So I'd better be on point with my eating if I can't get that calorie burn. I am so used to the runner's high for stress relief that it makes me grumpy that I can't do it!

Hugs to you all,

S.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #174  

Hi Steph, yesterday sucked! I stuck to Phase 1, but I felt bitter about missing the St. Patrick's Day fun! Went to happy hour today at a brewing company and drank coffee. I had a good time, but today was not my favorite green holiday- so I did not care about being on Phase 1. As for posting, I learned my lesson! Good or bad, I am checking in. When I checked out, I gained 25 pounds. I am doing alternatives this time, because frankly I can not afford IP. As for the struggle, it is hard. Just take it one meal at a time. Without ketosis, you must be starving when following plan.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #175  

Hi Slip,

I was also bitter about missing out the on the St. Patty's Day festivities. DH had a good time without me :P

Which alternatives do you use and how do you find them? Are you also taking supplements? Are you getting similar results?

Maybe you misread my last comment. I am on a ketogenic plan but I'm just not using IP products or any protein supplements. It's kind of a high fat/low carb/moderate protein combo. The carbs are looow - like 30g or less total - not net. I've had major keto flu all week. Finally starting to feel better but still have some brain fog.

Physio was tough today. The therapist said she would take it down a notch since I was still sore from what she did last week but it still sucked. Crazy how we pay big bucks for that!

Took my road bike into the shop today and had them assess the fit and get some clip pedals installed. I think it may be a good idea to practice using them on the trainer inside before I venture out!

Keep fighting the good fight people!

S.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #176  

Steph,

I meant with three days on, 4 off- the three days must have been hungry because you were not hitting ketosis. When you said ketogenic diet- I pictured Atkins, am I close? As for the alternatives, I am ordering from Nashua Nutrition. I bought my supplements back in Oct. Form my old clinic. I struggle to find enough unrestricteds that I like as much as IP, but it is less than half the price. I have lost 15 pounds since Feb 6th, maybe more because I did not do a baseline weight. I was afraid to get on the scale until after the first week.

Good for you toughing out the pain with the physio. Glad that you are getting ready to bike, exercise seems to really help your spirits. I am looking forward to some warmth outside and some walking. Need to do some hills around here to get ready for Italy.

As for the duration of Phase 1, I did call my cousin about the Easter menu. I asked what meat she would be serving, have not heard back. I mentioned that I might bring my own food. I do not really care what they think anymore. My intention is to be back on maintenance by the beginning of May.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #177  

Morning ladies,

Steph - so sorry to hear that your ankle is still bothering you. I know what you mean about the grumpy mood. Good call practicing wight the clips on the bike. I fell off mine 4 times last year all at a stand still pretty much slowing gown and forgetting to unclip. Once I was to busy trying to cough up a bug I swallowed on the ride and fell

Slip - so proud of you for talking to the administration and that they gave you a good response. Any plans for April break?

Liana - are things warming up weather wise? We hit a high of 17 last weekend. Today looks bright and sunny and the 3 kids that showed up to play are on,y wearing sweaters so I will take that as a good sign

I don't even want to post what my wt shot up to this week. Had TOM but I'm beginning to think it is the meds for the foot which are supposed to be anti inflamitory and one for nerve pain. I can't even get my rings off today. Going to stop these and flush out with water. It's makinf me crazy!

I'm going thru my clothes today to see what I can use for safari and what I may need. Apparently it was 98 there last week. It should be getting a little cooler when we arrive and the rainy season starting which should help with the dust. I think it only rains a couple hours a day.

Happy weekend
Old 03-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #178  

Jenny, remember the number on the scale is temporary. If you need the med., stay off the scale. Just follow your healthy eating and water. The scale will adjust when you stop taking the medication. 98! HOT, for your safari! Do you have to get a bunch of shots before going?

As for me, no plans for April vacation. Our break is not until the 15th of April. Hopefully, it will be warm here. On Sunday, we are expecting snow! Up to 4 inches
Old 03-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #179  

Slip - Yes, the 3 days on plan followed by 4 off was not a good situation. I was barely maintaining and those 3 days of IP were hungry days. What I'm doing now is sort of Atkins like I guess. It's portion controlled. I always think of Atkins as loads of fatty meat and cheese with very little vegetables. Never appealed to me. I have my macros set at 55% fat, 30% protein, and 15% carbs with goal of 1200 calories. I'm still feeling tired today. Very little motivation to do all the things I should be doing! How long does it usually take you to get into full ketosis?

Jenny - Most women I talk to about clips have similar stories about wipe outs while getting used to them. I'm hoping I can avoid that! I'm sorry about the crazy swelling your experiencing. You would think anti-inflammatories would help with that. What is the prognosis for your foot?fou

I found some recipes for low carb ice cream. Found an ice cream maker on kijiji and hope to pick it up the next couple days. Yum!!!

S.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #180  

Hi everyone,

Watching UCONN play basketball and it is not pretty!

Steph, ketosis takes about 5 days for me. I guess I think of Atkins as IP but more fat. I am not a fatty meat person either. I eat bacon about 5 times a year. I do miss goat cheese and avocado. To get my ice cream fix, I partially freeze the IP strawberry banana premade drink. Can not wait to hear how your ice cream turns out.