Old 04-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals! Heavy duty workweek and family 'caregiver' situations - sorry I haven't been in touch much. Things are going ok here - now that the cut price, post Easter, chocolate eggs on sale are GONE. They just led to hunks of cheese coupled with chips and vodka (don't ask). Anyhow, because the 'incidents' were only 1x/day and I was sharply on plan for the rest of the time, I've actually gotten to 139 again from a high of 144.5 after my tragic attempt at a 'fat-fast.'
I have another wedding to go to October 1st... it seems all the second cousins are now of marriageable age and are definitely finding partners. I have a lovely chocolate (dammit, there's that word again!) satin halter dress that I picked up at a thrift store a few months ago. I will have to try it on & see if it is still suitable. I have been collecting shower & wedding gifts lately because I can see the future, lol. That will save me a bit of cash in the end as I find lovely things when they are on sale and not just when they are needed.

Hope everybody is doing well. Yikes, Slip, the freak weather!! We have been having temperatures of 22C and all the spring break kids under the age of 20 are trotting around in skimpy shorts and tank tops. Ahhh, I remember those days, when the slightest bit of warmth caused me to rummage through the closet for my shorts & beachwear, lol.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

The past few days have been busy, last minute prep for trip, packing, re packing, and spending time with kids to lesson the guilt of being gone for 2.5weeks. Had yet another Easter dinner and the kids each got half pound of PB chocolate!!! Who does that. Thank goodness I'm leaving the country. The kids will only get a taste once a week a dim throwing it all out when I get home.

Liana - great work on getting down to your happy place of 139. How is your mom doing? My dad left the stove top in and water running last week, this was a first.

Slip- woot woot for being down 2. You are kicking my butt. We got hit with some snow here Sunday night and now have extreme cold alerts!

Want2b - sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the awesome work and commitment to your plan. Did you recently move?

I'm leaving early this afternoon and arrive in Kilimanjaro tomorrow night! Apparently there is free wifi at some of the camps so I will try to check in using my phone. Will do my best to eat clean and resist temptations! Need to still get off 10 which is now sitting on hips waste and boobs.

Keep up the great work
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #213  

Hi Jenny: If you can post with a picture too that would be awesome! Have a wonderful time! Greetings in Swahili: "Jambo" is casual for tourists, "Habari" for locals (respectful), and when greeted you answer "Mzuri." If you are at Mt Kilimanjaro you can say in Kichagga: "Kufyenda"
Hahah, neat site for saying a greeting in 3000 languages: http://users.elite.net/runner/jennifers/hello1.htm

Liana
Old 04-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Oh boy, Jenny! You must be so excited!!!!!! And... You get to leave the cold behind. Have a wonderful time.

Liana, sorry that home/family is stressful. Glad that chocolate eggs are now extinct-until next year,lol. Your new dress sounds lovely and your pre-wedding gift shopping genius!

As for me, I am on track food and water wise. I am basketball tired, lol. Two late nights in a row watching the NCaa tournament. Our girls are playing for their 4th championship win in 4 years. Hope they get their dream!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Liana: your comment about the 20 somethings and their shirts made me laugh! Those were the days when I could still fit into the same shirts from last summer! Lol. As for the Easter chocolate...the worst thing they did for me was make the mini eggs available year round! Those are my favourites, but happy to say I didn't have any!
Jenny: have a great trip, can't wait to hear all about it when you are back!
Slip: late night basketball, you are such a party animal! Lol. Glad the eating is back on track.
Did a WI this morning, up a tiny bit(less the a lb) but not a true WI since TOM started yesterday. I haven't been getting on the scale lately, but my pants are fitting better. Still on track with my eating.
want2bskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:24 PM   #216  

Want2b, 5:45 am comes early,lol. I am not hitting the scale until Sun. Mid week checking messes with my mind.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #217  

Hi gals,

A nine year old little girl from my town, passed away today after a five year battle with cancer. Maddy had an amazing fighting spirit. Her family has demonstrated such grace during this journey. Maddy's fighting spirit reminds me that while this weight struggle is difficult, it is not the biggest problem in the world. I am going to stop being impatient and suck it up. I feel like a brat actually. Inside I have felt so put upon that I can't eat this Food or I can't have wine... The reality of Maddy's family's pain reminds me that people have much greater burdens and that I need to be more grateful.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:43 AM   #218  

Slip: sorry to hear about Maddy. It is things like that we sometimes need to hear to make us think about what we have. And to be grateful for what we have. We all take things for granted at times, not just you.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #219  

Want2be, you are right. Just seems like our weight is completely within our power and we are lucky to have choices within our power.

Now, I can say 6 school days until vacation!
Old 04-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #220  

Hi gals,

So TOM is here with a vengeance Looks like a zero loss week, but I am okay with that. Just staying the course and will wait for next week's loss.

I have been thinking about life. How to shake things up. To find more joy. No conclusions yet. Right now, picking up and traveling the world sounds good,lol. Anyone else feeling restless about their every day existence?

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-09-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #221  

Slip: TOM sucks! Stay strong, you will be rewarded! And yes sometimes my every day existence seems like it needs more. I think this happens for me more in the winter or spring. Maybe I have more time to think, who knows.
We leave for Nashville in a few days, looking forward to getting away. Lots of walking I am sure.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:16 PM   #222  

Want2b, Nashville is a fun place. Lots of music in the bars and pubs.

It is TOM and I have a cold, so I Just spent the weekend in my jammies. Scale did stay the same at weigh in. Going to make a couple of meals for this week, waiting for the meat to thaw.

Hope all of you are doing well!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #223  

Dammit, I just rambled through a long sorry-for-myself, depressing post and then lost it. Maybe it is a sign from above... Just move, don't think, focus on one daily 'project' at a time. I feel like I am stuck in molasses, overwhelmed by life's trials right now.
Sorry... you guys are my 'dumping ground' right now. I do appreciate the virtual chat though, it is so much easier than talking it out with someone in the flesh.

Liana
Old 04-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #224  

Hi Liana, sorry about the lost post, maybe the writing of it helped? I think our age and responsibilities have a lot to do with feeling stuck (not to mention hormones!) My struggle is with feeling powerless to change my situation, so I like the idea of focusing on one project daily, that seems bite sized enough (food pun intended,lol).Please feel free to vent or dump here anytime, we are here to support each other.

Feeling crummy with this cold, came home from school and slept for a couple of hours. 4 more days until Spring break, TG!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #225  

Hi all,

3 more days until break. Hope everyone is doing well! Seems like vacation time