Old 02-22-2016, 10:11 PM   #106  

Height: 5'2

Howdy everyone!

Glad to see some activity here. I was afraid it would be quiet.

Well I'm back on the wagon. Up about 10 lbs since before xmas. I was doing so well with diet and exercise prior to the big holiday but I've been struggling ever since. We recently went on a cruise and that was a complete gong show with the food and drink. I still manage to get exercise in but it won't do a damn thing if you're treating yourself like a garbage can.

Today was a Phase 1 day. I have to admit I'm pretty stinkin' proud of myself for finally getting my poop in a group. I always get scared that I won't catch this before I'm back up to 180.

I'm glad to have you all back here to check in for accountability. I'm the coach but no one checks in on me! I'm sure the clients keep a close eye and can see it in my face when I've been off the rails :P

<3 Steph
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Yahoo, Steph is back! Wish I had caught mine at ten :P I think vacation should be about fun, food and drinks. The key is to get back on track when we get home. That is the hard part! Those carbs are mighty persuasive when you are mid slide. To be honest, I just got tired of separating and being vigilant. When I get to back to my happy weight, I really have to figure out a more balanced approach to every day eating. Congrats on a good 1st Phase 1 day!

Last edited by Slipfree; 02-22-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:50 PM   #108  

Thanks for the encouragement Slip. I agree that holidays should be fun and I had a great time. It's just so hard to get back on track. Yes, the separating carbs and fats can be tedious. I found that my winning combination before Christmas was regular exercise and not 1 Phase 1 day per week after an indulgence day but an extra one in the week. I like to indulge a bit more than once a week so that was working for me. I was really enjoying the Jillian Michaels work outs but I have an old ligament tear in my ankle and a new tennis elbow injury so I haven't been doing that since early January. Getting older sucks You try to exercise to stay healthy and everything breaks lol
Old 02-23-2016, 12:48 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Rosie: great job on you events. I sometimes think people are watching what I eat and drink. Then try to tell myself, I don't care. I don't want to be this weight, and I am doing something about it.
Slip: sorry about your frustration today. Good job posting about it and not turning to food or wine! Those things would only cause more frustration.

Steph: great job on catching the slide at 10lbs. It is hard to get back on once you have a slide. I think we are all here because we have had a slide and need to get back on track. Welcome back.

WI day for me, down 6.6lbs! Happy with that. Starting on week 2.
want2bskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:41 AM   #110  

6.6 pounds!!! Way to go Want2be!!!!!!!!! Yay!
Old 02-23-2016, 08:32 AM   #111  

Hi want2b - Congrats on 6.6 lbs down! What a great start!
Old 02-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #112  

Hi all,

Better day today! Going out to dinner with friends to a restaurant that has an IP menu. Right now, I am starving!!!!! It is snowing, but we are going anyway. TG, because I did not thaw anything for dinner. Would have had to have eggs.

How was your day? What do you find most difficult at this point. I miss avocados!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #113  

Slip: Glad you are having a better day. Drive safe in the snow and enjoy your dinner out.

My day was good. PMS is coming and all I can think about is junk food. Not giving in but hate how I always think of food. Right now I am missing the popcorn and chips. Push thru this week and the scale will reward me next week right?

Hope everyone is having a great op day.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #114  

Hi,

Found some IP crockpot recipes http://gvsconsulting.blogspot.com/20...pot-meals.html

Want2be- I have been pms-ing all week. Poor kids, I have been less patient! Guess that we have to live with cranky, if we want to see the scale go down.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 PM   #115  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Lots of lovely supportive messages on here lately! I had my WI this morning and as expected I didn't lose. Also didn't gain either and I lost an inch off my waist. So I will take that NSV and work with it! Definitely feeling better today so hoping for a lovely big whoosh for next week.

I'm in the process of thinking about holidays. My next one isn't until July which seems so far away. But I will have got rid of the 20 lbs by then and will look forward to relaxing with friends in a bikini (fingers crossed).

Slip, I hope your dinner out went well. I had left overs for dinner and ate at my desk which is a terrible habit. I need to make more effort to get out of the office for a walk at lunch or dinner time. Will aim for that over the next few days!

All the best everyone!!!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #116  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi,

Found some IP crockpot recipes http://gvsconsulting.blogspot.com/20...pot-meals.html

Want2be- I have been pms-ing all week. Poor kids, I have been less patient! Guess that we have to live with cranky, if we want to see the scale go down.
I'm going to try some of these this weekend! Will let you know how I get on. Thanks Slip!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

Been absent for a bit and of course wt is up. So much easier to post when I'm on track but I guess that is the point I need to post when I'm not and I'm up12 😁. I know it will come off but struggling with strict p1. Doing lots of planning and posit or self talk. Will see my coach this week ......or next

Liana - how was your trip to Cancun?

It's great to be back with all of you strong women
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #118  

Rosie: maybe the scale will give you a whoosh next week. But inches lost is also a very good thing.

Slip: thanks for the recipes, I will check them out. I need to use my slow cooker more often.

Jenny: Welcome back. Better to stop the slide at 12lbs. Some of us took a little longer to get back here and have more weight to get off. . We are back and going in the right direction now.

It's my day off. Did some grocery shopping today. The price of veggies is going to break the bank I think. lol. It is definitely cheaper to eat junk. Crazy.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #119  

Hi everyone!

This is one long week. Test day in my class, stayed late to get them graded. Came home ready to cook chicken burgers and they were not thawed! Eggs again . Made Stir fried cabbage with soy sauce too. Oh well, stomach is fed. Day 23 done!

Jenny, welcome back from vacation! Glad you had fun. Perfect time to buckle down since you have a lot of company I know that we can do this!!!

Rosie, my trip is helping to motivate me too! A bathing suit is a must since the villa has a beautiful pool. Great attitude about the weigh in, we know that the scale works in its own time. As for eating at your desk, I eat in my classroom all the time. We only get 20 minutes off.

Want2b, veggies are pricy, but we are worth it!

Can not wait for Sat., hopefully going for a massage.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:17 PM   #120  

Slip: I hate when I have to change my dinner plans last minute, makes me crabby. But a spa day sounds nice! Enjoy.

My day has been fine. Still op 100% which makes me very happy. I have been hungry the last couple of days, not sure why. Oh well I will keep plugging along.