Old 03-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good morning,

WI today down almost 2 pounds. 11 more to go. Knew it was going to be a smaller week after last week. Took 3 months to put it on, why would I think it would take less to take it off? Lol! When I hit goal last time, it took from Jan to June to lose in this range.

Feeling a bit crabby this weekend, hormones seem to be out of whack. Good thing that I did not make any plans with other humans

It is looking like a major snow tomorrow. Pretty sure we will have a snow day, which is a bummer since it takes us into another week in June. (Now, we get out on a Friday, with snow day it moves to Monday) New England weather, Snow on Monday, 70s by next weekend!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #182  

Height: 5'2

Slip, I can't wait for the ice cream too! I don't know why I don't try this stuff in maintenance. I crave ice cream a lot so wouldn't it be better to make my own low carb stuff at home? Duh - only have to reboot 4 times to realize that sugar is my nemesis.

You are doing so great on your reboot! I hope that 11 lbs goes fast for you. I know it always takes longer to put it on but the last 10 is so painful. So close, yet so far away. I think it's harder because 10 lbs doesn't seem so dire compared to 15, 20, 30. I'm facing about 10 lbs myself which will take a while due to Easter weekend with my family and a weekend away in April. I'm giving myself to May 12 to be back at goal. We are going to Vegas for our 10th anniversary with our friends from England. Yippee!

I hope the snow isn't too bad and you guys can still attend school tomorrow. We have been so lucky this year. Hardly any snow. It's been a bit cool this month though compared to February. I can't believe I have Spring flowers blooming already!

Well, I better get some breakfast in me and get working on the basement reno's. Happy Sunday
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip - snow day?? I'm surprised that you get days added on to the end of your year. I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen in Canada, the school year is pretty consistent and if days are losed due to weather or strike they just don't teach all the info I guess.

Great work on 2 more lbs gone. Lol I'm always annoyed to about how much faster it goes on than off.

Steph - where are you staying in Vegas? You will be at goal by then. I'm hoping me to. Foot prognoses ....not totally sure. The bottom of foot is better but there is still a lot of liquid in the second toe that does not seem to be re absorbing. Have referral for ortho surgeon and may try another shot in foot before trip or just after. Hoping I can get back on bike and to the gym end of April just not so sure about the running.

My scale is slowly dropping and I'm trying not to go crazy stressing which I know doesn't help. I tried on a summer dress and shorts and they are TIGHT!! Good reality check and motivating to work hard and focus on 1-2 lbs a week coming off.

Hi to everyone and have a great start to the week.

I'm off to have a joint therapy session with my sister, To say we been having issues is an understatement! Wish me luck!
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #184  

Wow Jenny, you are dealing with a lot right now. Sending you a hug. I love that you are addressing your issues with your sister with support. I am glad the scale is dropping for you. Try to focus on your exciting trip to help get you through the Phase 1 days. I am doing that with Italy in mind!

As for school, we had a snow day. Yes, we make up any cancelled days up at the end of the school year. And, it is against the law for teachers to strike in my state.

Steph, Vegas baby! Congrats on 10 years of marriage! The trip with friends sounds like fun. What renos. are you doing on your basement? You are a busy lady! I am going to try to stay OP on Easter, although I have not heard back from my cousin about the menu. May just plan on bringing all of my own food. I also have out of town company coming next Mon.-Thurs. I have to work during most of the days- but am taking a personal day on Tuesday. We are just going to have to eat out, so I do not have to deal with off program food at home.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #185  

Hi gals,

Just starting to feel good again and bam- I had to try on bathing suits! UGH! Looks better than a month ago, but why, oh why aren't bathing suit tankini tops like a bra??? I am 34 dd, and the girls need help! Really do not want a two piece, but the tops fit so much better! Frustrating :/
Old 03-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #186  

Hi Slip, I'm impressed you've still got great boobs! The tankinies seem to provide a lot more support. I got one top/bottom set that said "you'll look 10 lbs slimmer" could be wonder fit brand. Im sure you are looking awesome.

The appt with my sister went well and we have a script to use when we get into conflict. I think it will take lots of practice to use but it will be helpful. I see a therapist so get lots of support. Missing the support from all my workout buddies tho. I'm going to try a class on Friday just arms and core

We are getting snow here tomorrow happy spring to us
Old 03-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #187  

Jenny, the girls are a whole lotta skin now not so great,lol! I was trying to find a tankini, but they do not have as much support as bikini tops that come in bra sizes. I feel good with clothes on but stripping down is scary! 10 years of 80+ pounds has left evidence. It is what it is.

Glad that your sister session was helpful! I think reaching out for support is great! Good luck with your new workout.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals... here I am again . I've been too sick to even care about getting on the computer, a killer spring cold here and NO ENERGY whatsoever (except to eat, damm!t, and not the right kind of food either). It seems I am the last person around town to get it, lol. I thought I was going to avoid it but oh well.
Arrrgh, now 10 lbs above goal and I'd better get it off soonish as next month May long weekend starts beaches & bathing suit weather here. And murrcat and I are hoping to meet up in August as she will be in my 'neighbourhood.' So posting this to keep myself a bit accountable, as I do fine until midnight or so - then it's just craziness. But who knows, it feels like possible quarterly TOM for me so that's why the pounds of cheese...
Does the craving craziness ever really end in menopause??? I hope so!
Starting my workweek tonight so that means limited access to food (if I can just keep away from 7-11 and the pepperoni & cheese sticks & hardboiled eggs). My veggie consumption has been somewhat lower than normal this past week because I haven't felt up to prep & I didn't feel like cold crudités while I've got the chills on the couch.
Slipfree, I think Land's End has some really cute swimsuits in bra sizes as well as Baltex. I had some JAG suits in separate bra sizes and bottom sizes that lasted forever but they were of a more skimpy variety so not sure if they are up your alley.
Bring on the safari hats, Jenny!!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #189  

Hi Liana,

So sorry that you have been so ill. You will get back on track with the scale, I am sure. How fun that you are going to meet up with Murrcat! As for menopause, I am not there yet! But can def. Feel the hormone changes of peri menopause. Ugh! As for the bathing suit, if my skin cooperated I would be totally into skimpy, but nope! I ordered a few, we shall see.

Jenny, update on foot and Safari preparations please.

As for me, the scale has reached it's typical slowdown! Making it hard to stay motivated during the social holiday events. I will persevere, but it is irritating. A friend (from California) is coming to visit Mon-Wed. this week. Going to navigate the visit by going to restaurants. Asked her what she likes for breakfast, bagels. Which is good for me, since I do not like them. Another positive, she really does not drink! So wine will not be a temptation.

How about the rest of you? Are you avoiding the chocolate bunnies?
Old 03-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #190  

Hi ladies,

Glad you're feeling better Liana. That cold flu has been a killer this year. I struggle eating veggies with a cold body seems to be craving comfort foods. I love that you are meeting up with murrcat. You ladies will have to post a selfie.

Slip - that's great your friend is coming for a visit. That certainly makes it easier that she doesn't like wine. I can't rember the last time I had a whole bagel....of course there have been frequent nibbles off the kids. Stay focused on your goal. I just want this weekend over with. I had protein bar and sald for our family lunch yesterday and doing a lot of self talking to not eat kids candy.

I'm pretty much all packed for the Safari, we leave a week Tuesday. I'm so excited. There has been some changes to the itinerary due to increased safety at one of the transfer airports so will be driving into the Serangities not flying. But everything else is the same.

Doc confirmed I have a stress fracture in foot so walking boot coming with me on safari.

Happy Spring
Old 03-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #191  

Hi girls,

My Easter gift was one pound down on the scale! Yahoo! Just enough to have me breeze through Easter dinner. My cousin was so accommodating with the meal, I had ham, asparagus, lettuce. Completely OP, so relieved that the hurdle of the holiday food is over.

Jenny, I saw your family picture and wondered how you navigated the meal. Good for you and way to go at avoiding the kids' candy. Can not wait to hear all about your safari. Bummer about the foot and boot. I have fractured the bone under the big toe (acts as a pulley for tendons?) Wonder why they did not give me a walking boot? Hurt like heck, and then I had an allergic reaction to the prescribed Meds! Ugh
Old 03-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #192  

Hello ladies,

So... I navigated the restaurant with my out of town company. Not easy!!! I ordered a Cobb salad with chicken instead of bacon. The egg came soft boiled with breading! Peeled the breading off, did away with the bleu cheese and avocado. Used lemon for dressing. Was so tempted to eat all of it, but, I did not!!!! Huge NSV!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

WHAT??!!
Who the heck breads a boiled egg? That's so 'hey, lets randomly throw in tons of extra carbs & fat to screw with people's metabolism, just because we can!'
WTG, Slip!! And congrats on the pound lost!
Jennie... make sure it is the 'desert camo' walking boot going along on the trip, lol. You wouldn't want to scare the rhinos into charging...

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #194  

Hi gals,

Much easier choices for dinner tonight, ate seared tuna,lettuce, cukes and soy sauce and lemon for dressing. Tasted great. We walked around Newport RI and visited the Vanderbilt mansion. Great day with blustery weather. Back to work tomorrow with a late meeting. 8 more school days until spring break!

Liana, are you feeling back on track? Feeling better?

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-29-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:18 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello ladies! Back again. This is a vicious cycle I can't get a hold of. Back OP today. Trying to figure out what will work for me. I know P2 will work to get the weight off but thinking about living like that forever makes me crazy. I think that is why I have had a year long slide. Not sure what to do about it. It was like once I started introducing things on P3 and P4, it was a free for all since I hadn't had those things for so long. Anyone else feel like this? Any ideas?
want2bskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote