Old 03-30-2016, 06:36 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Want2b- I definitely felt that way! I do not even like sandwiches, yet I ate a ton of them during my slide. Being concious of every bite of food gets on my nerves too. But I have realized that I can not do it any other way. I think reconnecting with my reasons/desire to be a certain weight has helped. I am more realistic now about it never ending. I tried the slide approach and did not like that either! I am a constant work in progress to find middle ground/ moderation. Try to focus on one meal at a time, the long picture can be daunting.

Why do you want this?

What are you willing to do to get it?
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Liana - lol about the camofloge boot. But you are totally right wearing neutral colours. We have all been encouraged to keep the bright clothes for home or wear just at the camp. I did have a camo tank and a bandanna for the dust.

Slip - I have never heard of a breaded hard boiled egg. Good for you for peeling it off. Your dinner last night sounds yummy. It inspired me to have tuna tonight.

Want2b - I hear what your saying! I think this is why the success of keeping anything over 20lbs off is low and all the more important to reach the 5 year mark. I struggle with feeling deprived and then if I feel this I act out. I still fall into the pattern of rewarding with food. I like Slips comment about "being a constant work in progress" because that's what it is. Imagine what would happen if we didn't work at it. I was always overweight so I figure I had disordered eating from the age of 7-39 - that's a lot of years. It is going to take me more than one year of maintence to figure this out, correct old patterns, change wiring in the brain, love myself, and tolerate being a little hungry at times....
I go and talk to a counsellor and that helps. Maybe you need more support? Try to focus on one day at a time. My mom is a lifetime member of weight watchers, she's lost over 100lbs in her journey. When it comes to dealing with being deprived she is just now able to take a bite and throw the rest away. I hoe to get there soon.

Being on the forum helps and putting our struggles out there without having to worry about judgement.

You ladies are awesome
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:12 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Day 2 down. Thanks for the kind words ladies. I know I am not alone in my struggle, but why does it have to be so hard! lol. I see lots of people that can maintain their weight for years and I wonder, what is their secret? Different metabolism? Getting right back on track after a cheat meal? On to day 3 tomorrow.
want2bskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #199  

Want2be, yay day 3!!!

Guess what? Vacation is not for 2 more weeks! Lol, wishing my life away!
Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

day 3! You can do it

DH wanted to go out for dinner and I looked at the menu on line and said NO. There was nothing I could do and would have been too tempted to it off plan. I picked up roast chicken and sald for us instead. Planning already for tomorrow and a little anxious about not knowing the food we will have whole away. Hoping there are some healthy choices or at least some fish and veg.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:36 AM   #201  

Jenny, do you leave today? Oh my gosh, so exciting! Try not to worry about food, just eat to be healthy. A trip of a lifetime is meant to be enjoyed.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #202  

Hello gang! Still plugging along. We have a dinner to go to tonight. A little nervous about the food. I know we are having steak, hoping there is a salad I can eat. Going to make the best food choices I can.
What is everyone doing this weekend? We are looking for a new stove and fridge. Our stove died. I have been wanting new ones for a year so I am excited!
Old 04-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #203  

Want2b, wishing you luck! Eating out for me has been a challenge this week. Tonight, I ordered steak on arugula with a side of olive oil and lemon. It came with some sauce all around the outside of the greens and fried peppers on the top. Quickly removed the peppers and tried to send it back but the waitstaff insisted nothing was on there! Ugh, if I get knocked out of ketosis- I will never eat there again! (And we go there often!)

Glad that you are excited about the new appliances! Happy Shopping

As for me, I made no plans. I am tired from company and pms-ing. Think I just need a weekend break from mankind.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #204  

Oh, the joys of a rainy lazy Sat. Total justification for staying home in my jammies. Feeling much better today, with that urgent crabbiness gone. Guess I was just overtired.

Wishing you all an easy Sat.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:22 AM   #205  

Shopping was a success in more ways then one. We bought a new stove and fridge! Got the stove today but have to go back next weekend for the fridge, kind of a bummer but oh well. Managed to get in 12,000 steps today even with the 5 hours of driving we did! Did very well with my eating last night and today. Not 100% but protein and salads were my go too meals. No fried, greasy food and no dessert or alcohol! I call all of that a HUGE win for me.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #206  

Want2b,

Yay for the new appliances and staying OP all weekend!

Down 2 this week, but am feeling impatient. Three months to put it on.... Guess I have to pay the price to take it off.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #207  

Slip: down 2 is great. Being patient is hard, we all want the weight to be gone by the morning! lol We will get there.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #208  

Want2b, it is looking like the mid may before Phase off, I was hoping for end of April. When I am going off the rails, please message me and remind me that it takes months to get off the last 10! My frustration came from weighing in mid week to stay motivated when my company was here- I was down 2. So I lost nothing for the last 4 days. Ugh!
Old 04-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #209  

Hi gals,

In this crazy whacky weather world, we had snow, sleet and freezing rain on April 4th! The bridge that I travel over, to and from work was closed due to accidents most of the day. Thankfully it reopened in the late afternoon. I am all tucked up in my warm bed, ready for basketball. Hoping for a delay tomorrow.

Hope you are well. How about checking in Rosie, Hawaii, Liana, Kooky.....?
Old 04-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #210  

Slip: Glad you made it home safe. Hope the weather improves soon. I will try to help as you get to goal.
Still on track. DH and I are going to Nashville next week for his work. Anyone been there? Lots of walking and sight seeing on the agenda for me.