Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:00 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip - that's a whole lot of snow your getting!! Stay warm and cozy. Guessing schools are closed. It started snowing here yesterday but stopped late afternoon and just a few flurries today. We may have got a foot of scow? I think people in NY state may be getting it worse. I heard a lot about cancelled flights. DH made it home safe from Atlantic city last night, thank goodness cuz I'm officially sick of being a single parent.

Sally- I know you can be a bit inflamed from exercise but am a bit surprised your up 3lbs. If you haven't changed your eating it isn't real added weight lbs, are you getting al your water? It will probably come off in a wooosh. Don't forget to take a day off from exercising to let your body rest. You said you've been run walking for the past 7 days. I take two off a week.

Ruth Ann, some one is looking for you, she started a Ruth Ann thread .

Hope everyone is doing well and staying inside if you're getting hit with the snow. I'm home all day and other than schools drop off and pick up I'm not going outside. I'm going to read and watch tv. DH asked me to go to th store to get a roast chicken, I'm like not going to happen and found something in the freezer. P1 today, didn't feel motivated yesterday. It's tricky, I don't need to do it as I'm still in range but I don't want to get into a bad habit.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #287  
maintaining since 9/2013

Slipfree, Hoping you & yours are warm & cozy! Sounds like you have a good plan.

Last edited by mars735; 01-27-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:14 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good morning all!

Still have power, yahoo!!! There is a whole lot of snow out there and we are expecting more today, but all is well. School is cancelled for today and tomorrow so I have no worries about traveling. Thanks you for your concern.

Jenny, glad that DH made it home safely and that your single mom stint is over. Are you feeling any better?

Mars735, love the snowball fight I was pretty prepared this time. Two years ago, we lost power for 4 days during a blizzard. It was a miserable experience! Snow is just snow in New England until you have no heat.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:16 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi all;

Sounds like some nasty weather happening right now. I hope you are doing well Slip. Yes, Ruth Ann, hope you are well. Missing hearing from you. I too take 2 days off a week from exercise Jenny. I enjoyed zumba last night as usual and hope to get a couple of days of running in and weights. We are having crazy warm weather for this time of year and it was pouring rain last night but scary today as its below freezing. Makes for ice everywhere, not fun to drive! Have a good day Maintainers!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #290  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi Maintainers,

So, 2nd week of Insanity and my 3rd session tonight. Phasing off of P1 due to reboot, on P2 today and tomorrow and P3 for thursday's session so we'll see.

Roads were great this morning, nobody on them, LOL so really short commute. Book club tonight, taking cucumbers, pickles (I'll share but there really for me ;+) and some cookies I got as a gift at Xmas (to get rid of them).

Stay warm!

E
Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #291  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Had my first P3 meal this morning! The blueberries and yogurt were awesome. The fried egg and bacon sandwich was good - but I expected me to be obsessed with it. Halfway through I was like - I don't really need to eat the rest...but I did.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Jenny Love your chicken story! I wish I was able to stay home and read today.
Has anybody heard from Ruth Ann? I hope she's ok.

Mars The snowball emoticon! Love that. Not a fan of snow, though. That's why I live in TX.

Slip So glad you still have power. Funny story, back in the 80's I lived in Oregon. My husband and I came home to TX for Xmas and when we got back to our little house out in the country there was a snow storm that knocked the power meter off the house so we had no power. We dragged out all our camping gear, space heater, stove, lanterns etc. and were huddled around the heater when two police officers came in the back door. We lived out in the country and seldom locked our doors. Our landlord who lived across the pasture from us didn't realize that we had come back and called the police. We ended up making coffee for the cops because they were as cold as we were, but we had no electricity for over a week. I learned my lesson from that. Always have a backup plan!

Hawaii I so admire your dedication to the exercise. I am building up my workouts. Last week I got in 5 days! I felt pretty good about that.

ecd I've heard those insanity workouts are tough! You go girl. And good job getting rid of the cookies.

Rayze Isn't breakfast wonderful? I still eat basically a P3 breakfast every day. I've always been a breakfast person. I missed that the most while on the other phases.

I almost feel guilty that it will be 74 degrees here today and 77 tomorrow when so many are being bombarded with snow. But we are supposed to have rain all weekend so no hiking for me. I got to go hiking both days this past weekend and it was beautiful.

Last edited by catlady1981; 01-27-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hola to all maintainers! BienVenidos to the newbies! It's hard to find enough veggies to eat here... It's all corn tortillas, queso, frijoles, y arroz! I think I will be up a few next week, lol. We broke down & went to Walmart to buy veggies yesterday. Hiking to Divorce Beach/Lovers Beach yesterday. Awesome we were the only ones on the beach all afternoon. Whale watching on a catamaran today, then off to Todos Santos this aftnoon. 29C today, hope everyone on the East coast stays safe! ♥♥Buenos tardes!
Liana
Old 01-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #294  

Morning all,

Well, I don't know where to start. I had a total meltdown yesterday, except it wasn't that dramatic. It started with 1 caramel creme at 3:45 and the next thing I knew, I ate 10 mini snickers, and 5 more caramel cremes. i went to a meeting, came out, went to Insanity, came home. Made my salad, cukes for book club and took a protein shake. Ate that and then, again, I picked up a really rich belgian cookie from an assortment someone brought, and the next thing I know, I've eaten 6 or 7, a handful of potato chips, a handful of chex mix. I went home and ate peanut butter filled pretzels and more chocolate. I knew what I was doing the entire time, but it was like my mind was totally disconnected from the action of picking up food and eating it. This morning, I'm up at 5:30, protein shake at 5:45, at the gym working out until 7, another protein shake when I got home. I'm not feeling the need to eat any thing off plan, even tho the chocolate and pretzels are sitting there looking at me.

I think I'm really addicted to carbs, sugar. It's amazing, just 'watching' myself eat like that. I don't think I can eat sugar, guys, I don't seem to be able to stop once I start. I really need to think about this as I was going to roll off to P3 tomorrow, but now I need to rethink this. It's been a year since I lost my weight, I remember eating like this once or twice since then but wow, this was something. I need to figure out what the rest of my life is going to look like so I'm not yo-yoing.

I recorded everything I ate - over 4000 calories worth. I know today's a new day, and I'm ok, not panicking - it was like I was a participant and a subject in a science experiment.

So - thoughts? Suggestions?

E
Old 01-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #295  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hola to all maintainers! BienVenidos to the newbies! It's hard to find enough veggies to eat here... It's all corn tortillas, queso, frijoles, y arroz! I think I will be up a few next week, lol. We broke down & went to Walmart to buy veggies yesterday. Hiking to Divorce Beach/Lovers Beach yesterday. Awesome we were the only ones on the beach all afternoon. Whale watching on a catamaran today, then off to Todos Santos this aftnoon. 29C today, hope everyone on the East coast stays safe! ♥♥Buenos tardes!
Liana
I'm SOOOO vicariously enjoying your vacation, Liana. Enjoy!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

ecdslim; This may sound strange but I kind of had the same day yesterday but it involved chocolate cake! I haven't had such a crazy day since I went on maintenance. Like you said, its an addiction as I couldn't help myself! But, I know that I have to limit my sugar. Even with my fun meals, I try not to go crazy. I don't know why I had a day like yesterday but I am determined to have a P1 day today and count yesterday as a fun day. I will move on today and realize that I'm not perfect, neither are you. As long as a bad day doesn't turn to weeks and months, we can get back on track. And try not to be too hard on ourselves when we have a slip. That's the reality of life. I try to stay away from sugar in general and that is what works for me. I feel so much better and I can maintain easier. I hope it helps to know that you aren't alone!

Liana; I'm so jealous! It sounds wonderful there! Have a great time and soak up that wonderful sun!

Catlady; Congrads on the exercise! 5 days is what I try and do every week. You are doing so well!

Rayze; the P3 breakfast the first time is so good but very filling. I remember my first one, it was very hard to finish!

Jenny; sounds like you are doing well and staying in check. Good for you!

Slip: I hope the weather has settled down where you are now!

Mars: I hope that you are doing well!

Hi Eve, Pishposh, RuthAnn and all you maintainers! Have a great day!
[/B]
Yes, not a great day yesterday and am back at the top of my range this morning and I mean, very top. So, going to be eating strict this week and getting that exercise in. I know I'm retaining fluid so a few days of eating well should get rid of that. Its one day at a time!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default New in P2

Hi All
Just started P2 on Friday, and so far so good. Not much of a change, but I am anticipating P3 in anotheer 10 days.

I am worried about the carbs. I don't do well on carbs, and in fact, after my first time with IP, got to goal and phase 4, went vegitarian after about a year. REALLY packed on the pounds with that...all those carbs! and Cheese and nuts!

Well, long sad story short, starting again with IP, have lost all that I gained...Yay!
But now I am worried about adding carbs.
Do some of you just stay on P3 to maintain?
Old 01-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #298  

Hawaii69 - thanks for the company. I kept thinking I could handle sugar but I'm starting to realize it's a no no for me. I need to start experimenting with carbs that aren't pure sugar - I don't eat pasta or rice or potatoes that much when I've been in maintenance so I think I need to add more complex carbs back in and see how I handle that. I just know that the sugar - chocolate, caramel, candy and anything fried - is a super duper trigger.

E
Old 01-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ecdcslim, I have definitely been there. Hawaii has a saying "sugar is the devil", I repeat it often to myself. Sugar is a trigger for me and I am physically hungrier after having it. Another maintainer referred to this type of slip as a food outburst. I agree that we can not expect perfection and that the key to maintaining is preventing a slide. Persistence will win! Hope today is better

Hawaii, the snow has stopped. Plow guy came at 11:30 last night, after my friend had cleared off my steps and walk. But at least the horrible driveway is clear now. I am staying home today, because I have heard that our roads are still terrible. Time to do some laundry!

Delgen, congrats on your reboot success. In maintenance, I eat very few refined carbs. Other than bars, I have GF bread only at breakfast.

Hawaii, I am UP 2 pounds today too. Kind of mad, because I really did not eat anything good! Did not get my water in yesterday, so that will be my focus today. We can do this friend, even if it is a pain!!

Liana, so glad that you are having fun! Enjoy the sunshine.

Andrea, that was a cute story! Enjoy your beautiful weather.

Rayze, glad that you enjoyed your yogurt and blueberries. Phase 3 was my favorite!

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-28-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #300  

Thanks slip free. I guess, even after all this time, I wasn't ready to concede to sugar as the devil, thinking I could manage it. Like I said, time for a hard rethink about how I'm going to handle maintenance. Cause it's easier, I'm not going to move to P3 until Sat am, then plan my meals like crazy the next week and stick to it. Thanks to all of you guys for the support.

E
Closed Thread