Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:57 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Just started phase 3 this morning. Wow...a lot of food!

2 oz oatmeal
6 oz fresh blackberries
1 teasp butter
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt

My coach says that 1 serving of Greek Yogurt is a protein. The package I had said 1 C was a serving. That just seemed too much. So I had 1/2 c instead.

And now I am stuffed.
Holy smokes Delgen... the packages in Canada are either 100g (a bit more than 1/3 c) or the bigger tubs sometimes show 175 g (2/3 c) as a serving - 1 cup seems like an immense amount of yogourt to me.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:17 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Here's the 'Rock n Roll thru the Decades' dance party photo I promised on one of the maintainer threads. DH = hippie/folk early 70's, Me = mid 70's early punk. He had on Hushpuppies under his avocado coloured cords, and I wore my steeltoed black leather work boots (not easy to dance in BTW ).
I posted it as a 'flashback' on the 50+ IP'ers thread, heheheheh. Dh is wearing one of my wigs.

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (600x800).jpg (27.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by canadjineh; 02-13-2015 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #423  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I was struggling with major cravings while back in P1 trying to get off the up pounds and a few more, reading all the posts about messing up metabolism and that P1 isn't the only way to lose so I switched to P3 yesterday. I forgot how time comsuming it is to make those breakfasts! I'm also giving up wheat this time since I know it leads to inflammation for me. I will still have it for a fun meal in future.

Im hoping the variety of food will be enough to keep me focussed. And the extra calories will keep my body happier.
This is what I need to do too. Afraid to start phase 3 but will do it with my coaches blessing to see how I respond. So nice to realize I'm not alone.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #424  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I was struggling with major cravings while back in P1 trying to get off the up pounds and a few more, reading all the posts about messing up metabolism and that P1 isn't the only way to lose so I switched to P3 yesterday. I forgot how time comsuming it is to make those breakfasts! I'm also giving up wheat this time since I know it leads to inflammation for me. I will still have it for a fun meal in future.

Im hoping the variety of food will be enough to keep me focussed. And the extra calories will keep my body happier.
I think I am going to do this too. I feel like P1 is too restricted for me and it makes me go way off course. I can't justify the cost of three (or more) packets of IP food a day if I'm not going to be 100% and so far I've only been absolutely 100% about...5 days out of the three weeks I've been doing this. Also, I'm not feeling uncomfortable in my clothing like I was around Christmas...In fact I wore a size 8 pants yesterday for the first time!

Going to talk to my coach about it on Tuesday, hopefully she is supportive.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #425  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!

Happy Friday!!!!! Oh man, how I am happy it's Friday! I do have a few clients I have to see this afternoon because I just couldn't fit them in between extra time to get my kiddos to the dentist earlier this week and to help out at my daughter's Valentine's Day party yesterday.

Liana.....You are rocking that 70's glam! Right on time for the 40th anniversary of SNL this weekend!

ChipnDip/OhZoe......GL with transitioning out of P1. Don't let fear keep you from doing what your body needs. I know I personally spent too many years stuck in some weird fear of the scale and the reality of my weight gain to ever let it rule me again!!!!

Mars......How did your appointment with the nurtritionist go? Your calorie and carb aims are pretty near where mine are. I stay nearly at 1700 calories a day (but have very low cardio time right now with my crazy schedule) and am now up to 135 net carbs daily. This ratio leaves me feeling very satisfied and full daily without the knee-jerk need to splurge. I hope you find the same!

Jenny.....No big plans here for Vday - possibly a romantic trip to the grocery store with our two kids? Actually, the exciting thing we have going on is that we have a realtor coming over on Saturday to talk about what preparations we need to do to our house to get it ready to put on the market in late spring/summer. Wahoo! We have a very little house and are quite crowded right now. Looking forward to some elbow room!

ECDCslim......Sorry I missed your question. Hopefully you got the answer you needed from the other helpful posters here. I know I needed to do it from user controls in MFP.

Darth..... I'm am sprinkling food peace dust all over this post so there's no way to avoid getting spritzed by it!

Slip....I heard you are in for me winter weather again. Eek gads! I'm so glad you got your roof cleared. We're having a winter drought this year. So odd how the weather creates extremes.

Hey everyone else! Hope you have more exciting plans for Vday than I do!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #426  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Darthkitten & SallyE - thanks for the directions, I'll work on integrating my fitbit and MFP. It's going well this week, I'm eating around 1500 cal a day, weight's staying the same. It's painfully cold here in DC, took the dogs for a walk at 8 am, lost the feeling in my fingers (wearing ski gloves) after about 7 mins!! Lots going on today, work and personal, but looking forward to a fantastic 3day weekend!!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:19 AM   #427  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
This is what I need to do too. Afraid to start phase 3 but will do it with my coaches blessing to see how I respond. So nice to realize I'm not alone.
After 2 days Im down 1.2. Considering I kept yo yoing the same two pounds while trying to stay on P1 I am very happy to see some movement.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #428  

guys,

I tried to find this but if anyone has it quick to hand or a link, I'd appreciated it. I'm looking for max carbs, fats and protein a day - I know protein should be at least 1/2 your bodyweight in grams (so about 70 gr for 140 lb person), and that net carbs should be between 150 - 200g. What about fat? I had a fatty day yesterday and wondered how to balance. This is what I ate yesterday: Calories 1514
Fat 62.2 g
Fiber 48.7 g
Carbs 202.9 g
Protein 121.6 g

Thanks, E
Old 02-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #429  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

ECDCslim....I totally know what you mean about losing feeling in your fingers! We've been spared the worst of winter this year, but last year, I HATED taking the dog a walk. We even had to put socks on my dog's paws because the cold hurt HIS feet, lol!

As far as your micronutrients go, this is really all about how YOUR body responds to the balance. When I started P4, I did the ratios of 35% protein, 35% fat and 30% carb (I think?....it's been a while). I just tried to meet my numbers exactly with each to stay closely on track. I found that 35% protein is just WAY too much protein for me personally. So I slowly started to up my carbs (along with upping my calories). Currently, I fall at about 35-40% carbs (that means my net carbs hover between 125-140g), 35% fat and 25% protein. For me, that makes my fat number around 66g a day. I think there are other maintainers who do a much higher percentage of fat. If my fat is high especially on a day where it is all healthy fats (avocados, Evoo, nuts), then I don't worry about it.

I think the best way to manage your macros is to choose a consistent plan for a week or two and see how your body responds.....but no panicking allowed! You have to give the new plan and your body some time to adjust.

Hang in there!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

canadjineh, I love the pic! Thanks for all the great info Maintainers
Old 02-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #431  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
ECDCslim....I totally know what you mean about losing feeling in your fingers! We've been spared the worst of winter this year, but last year, I HATED taking the dog a walk. We even had to put socks on my dog's paws because the cold hurt HIS feet, lol!

As far as your micronutrients go, this is really all about how YOUR body responds to the balance. When I started P4, I did the ratios of 35% protein, 35% fat and 30% carb (I think?....it's been a while). I just tried to meet my numbers exactly with each to stay closely on track. I found that 35% protein is just WAY too much protein for me personally. So I slowly started to up my carbs (along with upping my calories). Currently, I fall at about 35-40% carbs (that means my net carbs hover between 125-140g), 35% fat and 25% protein. For me, that makes my fat number around 66g a day. I think there are other maintainers who do a much higher percentage of fat. If my fat is high especially on a day where it is all healthy fats (avocados, Evoo, nuts), then I don't worry about it.

I think the best way to manage your macros is to choose a consistent plan for a week or two and see how your body responds.....but no panicking allowed! You have to give the new plan and your body some time to adjust.

Hang in there!!!!
Thanks again, Eve, you are constantly bailing me out - appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #432  

Just got back from my OBGYN - who was shocked when she saw me - I thought I'd gone last year but it was April of 2013. She'd heard of IP, but I'm the first patient she's seen that's done the diet. She was even more impressed that I'd kept it off a year. I told her I had an incredible support group, the best in the world. You all are doing what I believe we were put on the earth to do - love, help and support our fellow humans. Thanks again, have a great weekend.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday Maintainers!

Jenny I'm single now, but thanks for looking out for my ex!

Liana You and the hubs look amazing! You're such a cute couple.

OhZoe Jump into P3 and enjoy those breakfasts! You will be surprised to see how easy it is. At first eating food for breakfast will feel strange. But if you are a breakfast person like I am, WOW! I was so happy to have cheese again. I still eat a P3 breakfast every day.

Pishposh Size 8! Isn't it satisfying to pull on those jeans and they fit? It's such a good feeling. Sorry you are having a hard time. Maintenance has not been too much of a struggle for me so far. My body is having an easier time of it than my head. I wish Food Peace for you.

evemomma We seem to be on the same wavelength on the macros. I just played around with mine last night and like you, if the fats are all good ones, I don't worry about it. I seem to be averaging about 80g a day with no ill effects.

Chip Yay for the down lbs!

ecd What eve said. Experiment with the macros for a few weeks and see what happens. Maintenance is all about figuring out what works for YOUR body. IP/coaches don't seem to have a lot of insight in this area so we have to figure it out for ourselves. Lots of good advice in this thread though. You can do this!

DeterminedDieter You are so close to phasing. It's exciting and frustrating too because you just want to get there already, right? I know I did. It is such a happy day when you get on the scale and see that goal weight.

I'm having a planned fun day today. I couldn't stop thinking about chicken fajita nachos for the last few days. So I know that if I don't have the thing that I want, I will eat around it. No more of that. I have what I want and I won't feel guilty. Tomorrow I will do a P1 day and it should be fine just like it has the other times I've done this. I had that whoosh of 3 lbs earlier in the week but 1.5 of it came back. Until I get off the steroids for my knee I'm still going to weigh every day but the numbers are not "real" because of these meds. Not sure what will happen once I start taking the anti-inflammatory drugs the Ortho wants me on for a month. At least the knee is not hurting as much as before and I have my first PT appt. next Wed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #434  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

CO_6 - will do!

Jenny38 - I think you're right, I may try phasing off this weekend. I'm nervous though - does this mean the protocol will no longer work for me, or is it just because I'm so close to goal and don't have much to lose?

ChipnDip - I still dread the P3 breakfasts. I like to have a bar. But... I also like to have a bar AFTER dinner which is a no-no, so I hate picking one or the other. Just picked up some new Bear Naked granola, almondmilk, and some berries. I've been making a little spinach omlette but it's 0 carbs and I'm hungry and tired 10 minutes later. Hopefully adding in more carbs/calories will get me back on track. I've really been struggling with whether or not to add grains back in, but it won't hurt to try for a few days and see how it goes, I hope. Was eating Bob's Red Mill GF Museli last time in maintenance and it worked well. Fingers crossed.

Liana - love the pic! You look fabulous! My brother was punk, and I remember those years fondly. (not so much the not bathing and holding all his clothes together with safety pins and putting glue in his hair for liberty spikes - but the music was a lot of fun)

eve - feel free to dump a whole bucket of food peace dust right over my head - make it rain!

ecdslim - whoo hoo! It's wonderful when other recognize the hard work you've done - congrats!

Friday the 13th has lived up to it's name today. Just an awful, awful day where anything that could go wrong, did go wrong. But we have fun plans for tomorrow so I'm not letting it get me down. That is, if we can get to dinner before the blizzard hits. Going to call in the morning and make sure the restaurant is still open.

Happy Valentine's Day, ladies!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:06 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

Eve, you heard right, more snow for us . Wishing you luck with the realtor.

Andrea, glad your knee is feeling less pain. Enjoy your free meal.

Liana, cute picture.

Chip, yay for the scale moving down! How is your roof?

Pishposh, the joy of having your clothes feel good

Ecdc, your story made me smile. How wonderful that your Dr. acknowledged your hard work.
Closed Thread