Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Ruth Ann, the kids are getting better, but let's just say, Fridays are not their good day :P. I am trying to focus on the positive days.

Decided to have a free meal tonight even top range. May even have a glass of wine. Back to clean tomorrow. Menu planned for the weekend.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

evemomma sorry for your loss, take care of yourself.

I am down my 2 lbs I put on the last 2 weeks, but have not been eating well this week. Little cheats, but still not good. I have been extremely hungry this week for no apparent reason. Chocolate seems to be my go to. Will have to talk to my inner self and start fresh tomorrow before this gets out of control!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,

I'm a little scared to run this morning feels like -25 with the wind. Everyone in our group changed to run tomorrow when it'll be warmer except my run partner who in training with, he can't. So, putting on my big girl pants and will get it done. WI was groom right in the middle of my range at 160.5. I would still like 1 lb down but that may be me being obsessive or just a vigilant maintainer do others find they get a bit obsessive?

Catlady- that's really nice your company celebrates birthday. Great job planning your lunch in advance, you did well with the shrimp. Kind of scary that there wasn't really anything to choose from on the menu.

Slip - sometimes I feel like you and I are doing the same thing at the same time . I had a fun meal last night and will eat clean this weekend to. I think we both want down a lb or two. I find the unstructured weekends getting a bit easier. What helps you stay on track? Last weekend I set a mini goal of losing a lb over the weekend which worked.

Ecdcslim- you'll be wearing that skirt in public in no time.

Allme - good job getting the lbs of. Maybe get tithe chocolate out of the house? I love chocolate to.

Have a great day
Old 01-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

jenny I wish I could get the chocolate out of the house. DH and 2 teenage girls over rule me! I talked with them last night and we now have a drawer in the kitchen for their " bad foods". As long as I don't see it I am good.
I wish I had your perseverance for running. Anything that requires me to go outside in the winter I won't do.
I like you would like to be down another lb. it does become an obsession and I worry I will take it too far. I also find I end up sabotaging myself when I am trying too hard. So this week it talked to my inner self and I will not worry about the 1lb as I am well within my range and even better than my original goal!
Old 01-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #170  

Jenny, my rebellion was explained when TOM arrived this morning! I would actually like to be down 5 pounds from where I am right now, but I am working on it. As for weekends, less stress=less temptation for me. As long as I do make a lot of food related plans, I do okay.

It is still pretty cold here right now. I am enjoying an extended pajama morning. Would be good if I got motivated to go out but I do not think that is going to happen Beef tenderloin, mushrooms and cauliflower are on the menu tonight.
Yum!
AllME, I think that I am self sabotaging a little right now. Need to spend some time this weekend refocusing on my goal of health and a peaceful relationship with food. Wishing you luck with the chocolate.

Andrea, sounds like a fun celebration. You made me laugh about the beer.

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-10-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Catlady; your buzzed by 4% beer made me laugh. I remember having my first glass of wine after IP and feeling it. Yes, we need to keep working at the exercise routine. Some weeks are better than others.

Slip; Pajama day sounds good. And its good to get refocused and keep working on those 5lbs. I am always working at those 5lbs it seems, as long as I don't give up.

Jenny: I think I can be a bit obsessive when maintaining at times but better to be concerned about a lb or 2 then 10 or 20 or more. Then we are back where we started. I was watching 'My 500lb life' and the one woman who had got the surgery and was now in low 200's was concerning the Dr. as he didn't want her to go the other way and then become anorexic. That seemed extreme to me but then its a matter of balancing our brain out in what is healthy and acceptable. He could see those extreme traits in her I guess. So, as long as we are just concerned about a lb here or there, I think we're ok!

Allme Congrads on getting the 2lbs off. Yes, we need to relax and try and stay balanced as far as weight is concerned. But, I have my panic days once in awhile still.

Ruth Ann I hope you are having a great weekend and enjoy your football game. It sounds like you are doing great in maintenance!

I'm doing okay. Weekends are always my challenge and I'm having ibs issues lately, hope that's not too much information. hee hee But, hope they will settle down. I need to get moving today and do something exercise wise.

Hi Liana, Eve, and all you maintainers! Have a great weekend.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #172  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Hi all,

I just checked in Eve I am so sorry about your Dad. It is so hard t lose your parents. My father died on Sept.3 and then the next year my mother died on Sept. 5 and then my mother-in law six months later. My DH and I lost the three of them in less than 18 months.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #173  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

ecdcslim - good luck on the reboot and you'll be back in the skinny skirts before you know it! I love cauliflower but it's so expensive right now - wonder if I can roast the frozen stuff? Worried it would come out too mushy..

Hawaii69 - Weekends are my challenge too. And for some reason I woke up hungry this a.m. and wanted to stuff my face with anything and everything! At least when I'm at work there is a limited supply of food available!

Hope you get your symptoms under control - not fun!

catlady1981 - sounds like a fun lunch! And yeah, I have to be careful on the booze anymore - I'm a really cheap drunk!

AllMe - yep, the "inner brat" gets a good hold in our brain sometimes! I say drown the little guy with water!

Jenny38 - I think especially when we are first learning to maintain it is vigilance. We're still learning what works for us and how to keep things straight. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Especially when it's just after the holidays when it would have been easy to let things get out of control.

Hope you had a good run!

slipfree - I think if I had your job Friday night wine would be mandatory!

Did the Costco shopping today and then promptly took a nap. Yeah for sleep! Of course that means most of the stuff I was going to do today isn't getting done, but oh well. There's always tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Jenny....I miss running lol I did some since having my bebe but since I'm back on Phase 1 no running. I was going to do a half marathon before Mat leave was over but I think I'll change that back to a 10k race sometime for June and a half in Sept with the VIP. I'm not good with running in the winter outside but I do love cross country skiing. I'm hoping to get out there this week as bebe got a sled for Christmas and if its warm enough we can get out there. Not warm these past weeks in Saskatchewan!

catlady I remember how booze effected me after a year of Phase 1...VIP thought it was highly entertaining and that I was a cheap date. I don't drink much anymore now because of that but I did enjoy baileys in my coffee at Christmas (before starting my reboot lol)

ecdcslim I'm in for the long haul but I don't think it will take THAT long but it will be as long as it takes. I need to get back into my work clothes. Once off Phase 1 I enjoyed all the new clothes shopping and I miss those new clothes...course off mat leave I'll say I miss my yoga pants and days with no makeup and hair not done (besides missing bebe lol)

evemomma I'm sending you sympathy thoughts

+++++++++++++++++++

Gawd I missed this forum! Yay for Ideal Protein!

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-11-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #175  

Hi everyone,

Nice clean eating weekend. Even made dinner for tomorrow night. Drank all my water plus extra.

Amazing how much energy I have when I am hydrated. Took down the tree and got it down the cellar stairs.(a job that I hate!)

Hawaii, hope your ibs issues settle down. They are literally a pain.

Ecdcslim- that skirt will look great in no time.

Ruth Ann- I opted not to have the wine, because 1 glass is sometimes not enough and I wanted to enjoy my Sat. without a hang over,lol! How are you feeling? If you needed a nap after Costco, you must have needed it. Take care of you.

Ishbel- cross country skiing while towing your baby? You are a daring/coordinated woman!

Debby- I am so sorry for all of your losses. I can not even imagine how you dealt with them so close together

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-11-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:08 AM   #176  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Hi Everyone

Glad to hear you are back on track, Slipfree. Cleaning up after Christmas always feels like a long & thankless task - a bit sad. Sounds like you got right at it!

Jenny - how did your very cold run go?? You are brave!

Ishbel - lucky bebe to have such a dedicatedly active Mama. Did you get to ski this weekend?

Andrea you are smokin' right along - way to go!

Liana - any snow relief?

Ruth Ann - hope you are starting to get back your energy again.

Weird day here. Cleaning up after Christmas got waylaid as I tried to get a new set of phones hooked up. Not a simple task! Required moving furniture to get at hidden plugs, during which I broke 2 glass objects (more utilitarian than decorative, thank goodness), then found that 1 of the cats had made quite a mess which also required some moving & cleaning (& shampooing of carpets). Meal plan got sideswiped, but I have at least had all my water so far & versions of the food plan.

Time to stop & have some dinner (late) & prep for the week ahead. At least Christmas is into tubs & can be put into the crawl space another day - sigh.....

Popping into this site off & on today has kept it all in perspective

Hi evemomma thinking of you.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #177  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Didn't get 1/2 the stuff I wanted to get done yesterday completed - seemed like every time I turned around something else came up. Be nice to be back at work today, maybe I can get some rest!

Ishbel - hope the weather cooperates and you and kiddo can get out there!

Sounds like a productive day Slipfree - good for you. I started getting the last of my Christmas stuff down but got interrupted by a phone call and a trip to the hospital where my nephew was having his appendix out (he's home and fine now).

Westwillow - wow, you were productive too!

Was trying to get more organized for the week since I've been kind of scattered lately but didn't really get there. Did get a roast into the crockpot for dinner tonight but that's as far as I got.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #178  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Good morning all. Weight in on Sat showed me up 5.5 lbs from goal, and that was after 5 days back on P1 so yes, I had a REALLY good time over the holidays, lol.
Jenny & Hawaii69: I think you kind of have to be obsessive about watching the weight - I know that if I don't stay on top of it, 1-2 lbs become 6 - 8 lbs and then it's just downhill from there.
Jenny & Ishbel: I haven't run in years but got back into weight lifting and I really enjoy the way my body looks. I do walk but need to add more into my daily routine.

Have a great day ladies, I'll be checking in as I can.

E
Old 01-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #179  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
ecdcslim - good luck on the reboot and you'll be back in the skinny skirts before you know it! I love cauliflower but it's so expensive right now - wonder if I can roast the frozen stuff? Worried it would come out too mushy..
I use the frozen all the time, I just roast the frozen stuff a bit longer than fresh. It might be a little wetter than normal but it's not bad.

Haven't been posting much here as I am on a reboot, but I'm reading most days. Have been wrestling with some scary food demons that have resurfaced during this go at P1. Aiming for 100% this week.

Hope everyone is doing ok and taking care of themselves. It can be tough during these dreary months.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #180  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm back!

Thanks so much to everyone who sent such kind words and prayers my way. I got home late on Saturday and was WIPED OUT. Yesterday, I rescheduled 22 clients that I had to cancel on and have a few more to go. I was really dreading getting my schedule recovered, but it came together much better than I expected.

Today has been yet another challenge. I have the day off, and was supposed to take my daughter to Children's Hospital for an appointment to schedule her umbilical hernia surgery. My hubby had a flat tire and ended up taking my car to work....scrambled to get a friend to pick up my son from school (as I would still be at doctor's appointment with my daughter)....and then found that my son was sick with a sore throat and fever when I got him up for school..... Sooooooo....cancelled the appointment for my daughter and then worked on getting my son an appointment instead to rule out strep throat. Crazy day anyway, but today is actually the five year anniversary of losing my son, William. Luckily, not tempted to eat an entire box of chocolates (well, yet anyway....).

I was scared to get on the scale yesterday. I didn't eat my normal carb/fat separation while dealing with my dad, but I also kept my eyes on my calories. Amazingly, I about had a heart attack when I weighed in at 124.4 yesterday (of course, already up to 125.8 today). So, at least when things are mad crazy, my body seems to respond well to keeping within calorie range. I am still a fan of carb/fat separation because it is such an easy way to make sure I don't get back into my old habits....but nice to know that my body doesn't seem to just pack on the pounds from carb/fat "unity" (), lol.

Missed everyone and can't wait to get back into the swing of things and catch up with everyone here!!!!
Closed Thread