Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #136  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

A hello to all,

I dropped my phone in a puddle on December 23rd and finally got it operational on January 5 th. I did not grow up with a cell phone but without one boy did I feel isolated . I put it in rice for 36 hours, then it was Christmas ,then I went to the phone store I had insurance but then a new had to be mailed to me we were at our vacation house in NH, got home on Sunday January 4 th. Went to the Apple Store waited over two hours found out that I had never connected to the cloud so I lost everything then had to go to verizon store to turn me on. Finally done. Phone that worked with nothing left on it. But it did not cost me anything.

Oh on December 20 th the side of the garage and my car had a fight. The garage won. I dropped my car off at the shop on December 26th and they still have it. Hoping to get it this afternoon.

So that is my tale of woe!!!

We have to laugh at life, so here it is. My four daughters for Christmas bought my DH and I front row tickets for a show in February. The bought the tickets in September and knew we would love them.

Wait for it,

Bill Cosby .

They could not get their money back because the show has not been officially cancelled. So who knows.

My DH did not get mad with me over the phone or car but both of us are disappointed by Bill Cosby. We both have liked him over the years and hope that this stories are unfounded but everyday more are coming out.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #137  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

P.S. You can see why my DH is what I call a keeper. We have been married for ffouty-one years and started dating January 1968

P.P.S. I did not gain any weight over the hoildays

Also sorry for being so long winded once I started I could not stop.

Last edited by Not so fat anymore; 01-07-2015 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #138  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Debbie - sounds like you had an interesting holiday season!

RuthAnn - from your mouth to god's ear re the losing the extra pounds fast!

I just came back from lunch in our office deli - salad and veggies and an IP shake - which I managed to "shake" all over me cause the lid wasn't snapped on the shaker! So I've spent the last 20 mins trying to scrub chocolate protein out of my cream colored cotton sweater. It's 21 degrees out, I have a wet sweater and a t-shirt on! Thank goodness for the ratty old shawl I keep in my office. Have a great day ladies.

E
Old 01-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #139  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Very quick check in. I am up to be with my dad as he passes. Hard times but managing ok. I haven't struggled with emotional eating yet...but not on strict p4 with traveling. Going gently on myself right now.

Thinking of you all!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #140  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Have any of you maintainers ever looked into the Trim Healthy Mama book? A friend has been following their eating plan and loves it so I did a little online snooping around Seems like the book actually follows carb/fat separation (but calls the fat meals "S" meals and the carb meals "E" meals). There are lots of blogs with recipes, that seemed like they'd be helpful for someone like me that had trouble with the separation meal planning my first time around.

Thoughts?
Old 01-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Have any of you maintainers ever looked into the Trim Healthy Mama book? A friend has been following their eating plan and loves it so I did a little online snooping around Seems like the book actually follows carb/fat separation (but calls the fat meals "S" meals and the carb meals "E" meals). There are lots of blogs with recipes, that seemed like they'd be helpful for someone like me that had trouble with the separation meal planning my first time around.

Thoughts?
THANK YOU!!!!!

This is great, I will now be spending a lot of time planning which recipes to try.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Thoughts?
"S" = satiety??
"E" = energy??

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 01-07-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:11 PM   #143  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

evemomma - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jenny - hope you enjoyed your workout. I get released to a personal trainer soon (fingers crossed) and am looking forward to it!

Ishbel - Your time away was well worth it, your daughter is a beauty! With your determination and drive you'll lose the baby weight in no time.

Yikes notsofatanymore, the phone, the car, the tickets - just a series of unfortunate events, huh? And yeah you for not gaining during the holidays!

ecdcslim - boo to the drink on clothes! I did the same thing with a wildberry yogurt all over a white sweater. I was not amused.

Scorbett - That may be a really helpful book, thanks for the recommendation!

Had my monthly weigh in today - 132 on the nose so I'm happy. It was 131 yesterday but, of course, that pound or two comes and goes at a whim.

Hard getting back to work after the holidays. No motivation so I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:58 AM   #144  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

evemomma Thoughts are with you - sending peace for everyone.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Hi all! Very quick check in. I am up to be with my dad as he passes. Hard times but managing ok. I haven't struggled with emotional eating yet...but not on strict p4 with traveling. Going gently on myself right now.

Thinking of you all!
Oh dear. I've lived that.
Sending thoughts of compassion to you and yours and hope of dignity and peace for your father.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-08-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:40 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:

Thinking of you all!
Awe, that's a tough tough time. Sending you some peace and care.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #147  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:

Thinking of you all!
Thinking of you, be good to yourself.

E
Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone!

I am here...I haven't checked in, in a while - holidays, kids, work, etc! After the holidays I am at the upper end of my range, so I am hoping to settle back in to my normal routine and shed a couple of lbs! I am NOT pushing the panic button, just ready to buckle down and stay calm!

evemomma - I am so sorry...hand in there and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

evemommaSending you and your family good thoughts for peace and forgiveness. Be kind to yourself.

I have been fighting a monster head cold for the last two days. It started on Sunday. I saw my daughter off on Monday, felt lousy all day on Tuesday but came to work because my boss is in Cabo, ran a temp and couldn't breathe yesterday, so I stayed home. I took 3 separate naps. I know I'm sick because that's the only time I can nap! Been taking antihistamines and today I'm at work and feeling quite a bit better. I'm leary because colds usually last much longer than this for me. Eating yesterday was an effort. I threw together some chicken soup (sans noodles) for lunch and had Proti-thin Broccoli soup for dinner.

Today is a better day, but very cold here. 18 degrees this morning. Don't laugh you Canadians. This is as cold as it gets here and I'm glad to see the tail end of it!

No exercise so far this week, but I hope to get on the bike tonight. Small steps.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Eve thinking of you and your family. Sounds like you are doing a great job staying healthy and not going back to old habits.

Notsofatanymore - wow that it is a lot going on before christmas. Glad the phone cost you nothing but it sucks when you lose all your information. I to have had the car fight with the garage and the porch! Car always looses. my DH not as understanding as yours. Congratulations on being together for 41 years.

Andrea - feel better. That horrible cold/flu has been making its way everywhere this season.

Sally - i think a few of us are at the upper end of the range working at getting it down. We can do it!

Ruth ann - great weigh in. You are on your second year of maintanence?

My weight has stayed steady this week at 161, I would like 158 so hoping that it drops over the next week or so. Will stick to pretty strict P3 eating.
Closed Thread