Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
That would be great if you could grab me one!!! We should really have a coffee soon!!!
I will assume one packet unless you correct me, a taste not a commitment. LOL

Coffee would be great. I have a very flexible schedule usually, well except next week but they don't have the pasta yet anyway. I will quiz her on Saturday if they have regular shipment days etc. and have her text me when they get some in.

I am picking up my order early so I can make some choc zucchini cookies for my hectic days. It sure would be nice to have more ready to go products that are not restricted and not drinks. Right now my favourite is the strawberry RTD because it has a lid that screws back on (and it tastes good). I sometimes save the bottles and fill them with the chocolate RTD. Everything else ready to go is restricted, which is so frustrating.

My coach mentioned last time that before I phase off I should go for two weeks of no animal protein and add two IP products for a total of 5 per day. Has anyone else heard of this? I sure would have gone for this my first couple of weeks on the program as I really had trouble with the meat but now I think I'm a meatetarian. I truly prefer to eat my calories so I just may be eating lots of crispy cereal pancakes and choc zucchini cookies.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Rofl- regarding the two weeks of no animal protein replaced with 2 packets, that kinda sounds like the cellulite protocol.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words. Nola- unfortunately my ticker is not broken! I wish it was, but I keep reminding myself that good things take time. I do think that my 3x a week weightlifting class has really made a difference.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #393  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
Rofl- regarding the two weeks of no animal protein replaced with 2 packets, that kinda sounds like the cellulite protocol.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words. Nola- unfortunately my ticker is not broken! I wish it was, but I keep reminding myself that good things take time. I do think that my 3x a week weightlifting class has really made a difference.
Rofl - what LosingLawyer said, that is the cellulite protocol that IP usually recommends at the end of P1 after you have reached goal weight. There is a thread with more information about it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-protocol.html

LosingLawyer - you look fantastic! And I agree - I think Bodypump makes a huge difference ... I have a 6am class tomorrow, and that bicep track IS killer!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #394  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Hi everyone. Finally have a chance to get on the boards today after a crazy week. I snapped a couple of progress pics of myself this week, and I have decided to post them, along with a (sort of) before pic. I still like my anonymity, hence the headless pics. The before pic is from about 5 or 6 weeks into the diet, so I was probably about 330. It was taken by my friend at the gym. I can't believe I wore that tight of a shirt to the gym! Yikes! The second two pics were snapped this week. I still have 75 pounds (at least) to go, but the jeans are size 18 and the sweater is an XL (I'm even fitting into some L tops). Prior to IP I was in size 28.
WOW, your pictures look great. It is a good thing your friend took a picture of you in the tight shirt because it really shows the progress you have made. I hate the few before pictures I have found but I wish I had more of them to show off my after pictures (or still during).
Quote:
Can you post the recipe? From the way you described it, it sounds good.

Congrats! Only 9 lbs to goal! There are so many people so close to goal/just reached goal. I hope you all stick around while maintaining.
Here's the recipe:
In food processor:
Puree 2 cups spinach and 2 cups cooked rhubarb
Add:
16 oz Silk Tofu (I used 2-12oz silken lite tofu pkgs)
2 Tbs Lemon juice
1 Tbs WF strawberry syrup
6 pkts Stevia (or sweeten to taste)
1 pkt Knox gelatine

Pour into two containers (like Rubbermade, or a cute jello mold)
Chill until firm. This makes two servings but with the silken lite tofu, 2 pkgs is only 240 calories so you can afford to add a little extra like hb egg for a snack. I absolutely loved this and it made for a really easy meal day because it covered two meals.

I am finally relaxing for a few minutes after an up and down day. I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip to Vancouver. I'll be at my Mom's for a couple days then meeting a group of leaders from my company for a conference. Then got news today that my uncle died after a very long illness so now I will change my travel home plans to stay longer for the funeral. I'm not concerned about staying OP on most of the trip because I generally have control of the meals at my mom's and I can handle the stress of the family situation without having to turn to food. However the conference has been a worry for me because I know the hotel and catering, they are light on veggies, high on carbs. I'll have RTD Mango and Strawberry drinks to carry around with me. I also have a container I can travel with to make a pudding in my hotel room, plus restricted bars. The veggies on the other hand are more of a challenge. There is no fridge in the room but for the first day I can bring cut veggies from my mom's and a whole english cucumber. Today I had inspiration from reading 3FC to make zucchini chips and kale chips. Kale is done and zucchini is in the dehydrator overnight. I need to pack a few extra IP packets still to make it however many extra days I end up staying. I would rather have more than not enough.

I'll be checking in some of the time I'm away so talk to you tomorrow. Have a great night!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #395  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I will assume one packet unless you correct me, a taste not a commitment. LOL

Coffee would be great. I have a very flexible schedule usually, well except next week but they don't have the pasta yet anyway. I will quiz her on Saturday if they have regular shipment days etc. and have her text me when they get some in.

I am picking up my order early so I can make some choc zucchini cookies for my hectic days. It sure would be nice to have more ready to go products that are not restricted and not drinks. Right now my favourite is the strawberry RTD because it has a lid that screws back on (and it tastes good). I sometimes save the bottles and fill them with the chocolate RTD. Everything else ready to go is restricted, which is so frustrating.

My coach mentioned last time that before I phase off I should go for two weeks of no animal protein and add two IP products for a total of 5 per day. Has anyone else heard of this? I sure would have gone for this my first couple of weeks on the program as I really had trouble with the meat but now I think I'm a meatetarian. I truly prefer to eat my calories so I just may be eating lots of crispy cereal pancakes and choc zucchini cookies.
Sure one packet would be great!! We usually pop into the city once/month as my parents live there, so I can give you a shout and we could set something up!! I agree with the other on the cellulite protocol....sounds interesting if it really works!! What am I saying, if it really works?? Silly me, this is IP!! IT WORKS!!! I would give it a try!! I mean, what are you gonna lose but more inches and nasty cellulite!! You're sooo close!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday 100%ers!

Weigh-in this morning, will update you all later!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #397  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
That is what I make muffins a lot! They can be sweet (banana, lemon- poppyseed, or a mixture of a van pudding and maple oatmeal- I stilly have some discontinued blueberry pudding, too) or savory (potato purée or creamy soup mix). Use shredded zucchini for the "filler". They are portable, "edible" (rather than drinkable) and keep in the fridge. I like the savory b/c I'm just not a fan of sweet at every meal. I don't think this teaches my taste buds how to live in maintenance.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #398  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
That is what I make muffins a lot! They can be sweet (banana, lemon- poppyseed, or a mixture of a van pudding and maple oatmeal- I stilly have some discontinued blueberry pudding, too) or savory (potato purée or creamy soup mix). Use shredded zucchini for the "filler". They are portable, "edible" (rather than drinkable) and keep in the fridge. I like the savory b/c I'm just not a fan of sweet at every meal. I don't think this teaches my taste buds how to live in maintenance.
Do you have a recipe Lisa for your muffins? Thanks!! They sound great!!

KitKathave a good trip out west!! Great ideas for planning ahead! You're so right in conference food! Sounds like you've solved that problem!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #399  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

LosingLawyer- WOW you look awesome! I'm with everyone else, you don't look like you have much more to lose.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #400  

Quote:
Do you have a recipe Lisa for your muffins? Thanks!! They sound great!!
It's the same recipe for all the other IP baking (or pancakes)

2 egg whites whipped til frothy not peaked
1 tsp baking powder
Chosen packet
Chosen spices (depends on if sweet or savory)
Some people don't use veggies. I like the shredded zucchini. I bet pre-cooked cauli rice would work, too

I bake 350 15-20 mins. My oven is weird!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #401  

Thanks Lisa!!! Gonna try them!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone! FINALLY Friday - this was a slow week. Ready for the weekend. Going to watch some basketball, and the football playoffs, and just relax. Good old South Dakota is going to have one heck of a cold front coming in. It will be a good weekend to stay home and be cozy!

Have a great day! Good luck to everyone with WI's.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Rofl - what LosingLawyer said, that is the cellulite protocol that IP usually recommends at the end of P1 after you have reached goal weight. There is a thread with more information about it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-protocol.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post

Here's the recipe:
In food processor:
Puree 2 cups spinach and 2 cups cooked rhubarb
Add:
16 oz Silk Tofu (I used 2-12oz silken lite tofu pkgs)
2 Tbs Lemon juice
1 Tbs WF strawberry syrup
6 pkts Stevia (or sweeten to taste)
1 pkt Knox gelatine

Pour into two containers (like Rubbermade, or a cute jello mold)
Chill until firm. This makes two servings but with the silken lite tofu, 2 pkgs is only 240 calories so you can afford to add a little extra like hb egg for a snack. I absolutely loved this and it made for a really easy meal day because it covered two meals.
Quote:
Sure one packet would be great!! We usually pop into the city once/month as my parents live there, so I can give you a shout and we could set something up!! I agree with the other on the cellulite protocol....sounds interesting if it really works!! What am I saying, if it really works?? Silly me, this is IP!! IT WORKS!!! I would give it a try!! I mean, what are you gonna lose but more inches and nasty cellulite!! You're sooo close!!!
Quote:
As usual you are all GREAT! I wish my coach came up with info to back their advice up like you guys always do.

And the recipes are so great! I have made muffins before but I had never seen a recipe to include veggies and that would make travelling so much easier. Thanks for posting them so I don't have to search them out.

I am excited and nervous to try the gelatine. Excited to have something new to eat but nervous because I couldn't even get the IP jello to set up. LOL life is an experiment...My house has a quote written on the wall (it came with the house and I didn't repaint) "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon."

It snowed a lot here over night. So I have been shovelling this morning. Did that before my shower so I wouldn't freeze my hair. I slipped and pulled my quadricep muscle in my leg. I came in to stretch it out and found that I have a NSV - I can touch my heal to my butt to stretch my quad. I don't think I have tried that for years. It is amazing what the body is capable of when the bulk is removed.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #404  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Ooooh, I've never tried to make muffins with soup packets. Sounds good. I'll have to try that.

I do make muffins with the pudding all the time, but sometimes they come out really "wet" inside or hollow. So I started mixing a pudding and crispy cereal packet together in my Magic Bullet to get the cereal really fine, and then using the 2 mixed packets together to make the muffins. This makes the texture of the inside of the muffins almost bread-like. Very tasty! (I mix with 2 egg whites, 1 tsp baking powder and sugar-free Torani syrup flavor of choice.) This will give you 2 IP servings.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Ooooh, I've never tried to make muffins with soup packets. Sounds good. I'll have to try that.

I do make muffins with the pudding all the time, but sometimes they come out really "wet" inside or hollow. So I started mixing a pudding and crispy cereal packet together in my Magic Bullet to get the cereal really fine, and then using the 2 mixed packets together to make the muffins. This makes the texture of the inside of the muffins almost bread-like. Very tasty! (I mix with 2 egg whites, 1 tsp baking powder and sugar-free Torani syrup flavor of choice.) This will give you 2 IP servings.
I think the shredded zucchini helps with the texture, too. I've actually found I like it a bit better if its sauteed a bit first. I was thinking some pre-cooked cauli rice could work, as well.
Closed Thread