Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #481  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Grrrr!! That daily is frustrating!!!! Oh I'm so hungry, oh poor me I can't eat this or that, or poor me this is so restrictive!!!!

Just frustrated!!!! And maybe a teensy bit tired and emotional....maybe I'm burning estrogen and the elusive whoosh fairy is coming my way. Everything is annoying me today!!!! Poor DH. I banished him and his bowl full of chips to the basement!

Company is gone, house is clean, laundry is laundering....leftovers for supper but I need to take out some protein.....
So, I'm not the only one bringing out the tantrum guys today.

Looking at my VERY restricted list, I actually shed some tears today and got that overwhelmed feeling, worried I wouldn't be able to do it without my favorites and as many choices. i mean geez...the diet is petty restricted & then take out soy and wheat. It removes all bars, cookies, entrees, and soups, to begin with, and most puddings. I'm left with THREE savory items and I'm not big on sweets! I've looked at other brands. I'm going to try the Simply Chips (bars have soy). We could get some Quest bars and call them "close enough" but it doesn't replace the savory items.

Yeah. I'm PO'd. But I ordered some gelatin I learned about on a thread & I'm gonna try making pudding from whey protein shake mix (and I have a PEANUT BUTTER flavor whey protein!). I have some plain whey protein I could play around with to try to come up with a creamy soup (w/ veggie purée, boullion, spices). If I like the Simply Chips, it could still work.

What a stressful day! Maybe I'll have a different perspective tomorrow.
Makin' kale chips tonite. Whoda thought they'd be "comfort food"?

If ever I could use the whoosh fairy at a WI, tomorrow would be the day!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-20-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #482  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Sending the Whoosh Fairy your way Lisa -- just hope he doesn't get detained at customs!

(I just had a revelation! Remember what the whoosh fairy was wearing in the earlier pics posted this year?? It's no wonder he doesn't come to Canada too often! He'd freeze those abs and his little wings would fall off! I do hope I see him before summer tho'!)

Last edited by IP43; 01-20-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #483  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Sending the Whoosh Fairy your way Lisa -- just hope he doesn't get detained at customs!
If you get the hungries, come on over for kale chips!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #484  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So, I'm not the only one bringing out the tantrum guys today.

Looking at my VERY restricted list, I actually shed some tears today and got that overwhelmed feeling, worried I wouldn't be able to do it without my favorites and as many choices. i mean geez...the diet is petty restricted & then take out soy and wheat. It removes all bars, cookies, entrees, and soups, to begin with, and most puddings. I'm left with THREE savory items and I'm not big on sweets! I've looked at other brands. I'm going to try the Simply Chips (bars have soy). We could get some Quest bars and call them "close enough" but it doesn't replace the savory items.

Yeah. I'm PO'd. But I ordered some gelatin I learned about on a thread & I'm gonna try making pudding from whey protein shake mix (and I have a PEANUT BUTTER flavor whey protein!). I have some plain whey protein I could play around with to try to come up with a creamy soup (w/ veggie purée, boullion, spices). If I like the Simply Chips, it could still work.

What a stressful day! Maybe I'll have a different perspective tomorrow.
Makin' kale chips tonite. Whoda thought they'd be "comfort food"?

If ever I could use the whoosh fairy a a WI, tomorrow would be the day!
what are simply chips?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #485  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
what are simply chips?
I ordered Simply Chips online. Here's a picture. In Canada, I think I ordered from wellness.ca. http://www.thesimplybar.com/simply-protein-chips
They are gluten, dairy, & soy free, kosher, vegan and have a savory flavour, not sweet. They are NOT as good IMO as the BBQ crisps, but similar to the southwest cheese curls. They look like a cornchip. There is a chili one and a herb and garlic. I don't LOVE them, but thought they'd be good as a crouton, a dipping chip, to crush as a bread crumb coating.... HOWEVER, if you can't have soy, like Lisa, these might be an "alternative" to the IP soy products

per 33g bag 140cal, 4g fat, 330mg sodium, 11g carb, 1g fibre, 2g sugar, 15g protein

I'll copy what it says: "Simply Food Chips are a great snack packed with 15g of protein and only 140 cal per bag. Perfect to take to schol or work for a unique alternative to chips, granola bars and cookies. Also they do not contain any preservatives! ...."

These are made from pea-protein islolate, dehydrated potato flakes, potato starch, salt, calcium carbonate, organic canola oil, natural cane sugar, seasoning of carlic powder, onion powder and red pepper.

Last edited by IP43; 01-20-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #486  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:

Grrrr!! That daily is frustrating!!!! Oh I'm so hungry, oh poor me I can't eat this or that, or poor me this is so restrictive!!!!

Just frustrated!!!! And maybe a teensy bit tired and emotional....maybe I'm burning estrogen and the elusive whoosh fairy is coming my way. Everything is annoying me today!!!! Poor DH. I banished him and his bowl full of chips to the basement!

Company is gone, house is clean, laundry is laundering....leftovers for supper but I need to take out some protein.....
I'll try to keep my complaining of my constant farting to a minimum....but seriously...it's getting ridiculous!

Last edited by LizRR; 01-20-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #487  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I'll try to keep my complaining of my constant farting to a minimum....but seriously...it's getting ridiculous!

You've totally ruined my image of you as svelte athlete/stylish dresser/cook extraordinaire..... now all I see is a green cloud behind your avatar....
Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #488  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Good thing you don't do yoga!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #489  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello, 100%ers.

I am a newbie to this site. I'm not sure if I am in the right place...not sure where I really belong. I want to be involved with those of you that are committed to being 100% on plan (that is how I lost the weight to begin with). I know that by relating with you, I will stay on track again.

Tomorrow, 1/21/13, I am restarting IP. I did the program perfectly last year, but had some issues right after I phased off, so I now have some extra weight to lose. Hopefully I can get it back off because I felt wonderful when I reached my goal. I know that my coach will probably be pretty disappointed in me.

Have I come to the right place? I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better. It is my understanding that you don't want to hear about cheats in this thread (neither do I...that's why I think that I'll feel more at home with you beautiful people).

Thanks for your advice & understanding! Omg...this is my first post. Let me know if I'm missing something!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #490  

Great place to hang out!!! You'll love it here!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #491  
Diane on track July 2014

Well a good attitude, a good sense of humour--and noseplugs to read Lizz's posts lately-- seem to be all that are required. Welcome!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:

I had to stop reading when I got to the posts about "go ahead and eat some carbs, it won't hurt you. A little bread is ok..." (my paraphrase). I forsee dead tickers...just saying, imo...

And hugs to you Lisa, I know it's a lot for you to face, even though I know your resolve is 100% and ultimately you will be fine/do fine. Hugs to you too, mompattie, and to everyone biting their hubby's heads off...maybe it's just an off day!
eta: I was gonna hug you too, Liz, but after reading you last post, I think I'll keep my distance But I will send you my best thoughts and wishes!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-20-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #493  
Diane on track July 2014

Oh Pattie, I thought of you banishing DH to the basement earlier today. Mine started the day eating my pancakes. I said "Did you just make pancakes too?" and he said, "No I just grabbed some of yours. I only took 4 little ones"

I responded "That stack of pancakes cost me $16 and you've just eaten 2 of my breakfasts the week... eat that pancake slowly buster. Ah, there's another $1.42 bite going into your mouth right now".... Betcha he checks next time I'm cooking.
Now he's sitting here eating popcorn.... he may as well put his pillow and blankie on the couch right now!

Yep, it's a bad day to be a DH today. I hope we're not scarin' our men IP friends off! I haven't heard from them in awhile. They're probably staying away till the estrogen ebbs a bit -- or maybe it's proof that hockey really HAS started again

Last edited by IP43; 01-20-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Oh Pattie, I thought of you banishing DH to the basement earlier today. Mine started the day eating my pancakes. I said "Did you just make pancakes too?" and he said, "No I just grabbed some of yours. I only took 4 little ones")
Oh NO he didn't!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #495  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Great place to hang out!!! You'll love it here!!!
+1 Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I had to stop reading when I got to the posts about "go ahead and eat some carbs, it won't hurt you. A little bread is ok..." (my paraphrase). I forsee dead tickers...just saying, imo...
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was getting a headache from biting my tongue so hard! I can't believe the number of people "planning to fail" as Lisa has said. And you gotta love the ones coming in saying what amounts to that they've got every intention of using IP for yo-yo dieting. Been there, done that. Never again.

Quote:
Oh Pattie, I thought of you banishing DH to the basement earlier today. Mine started the day eating my pancakes. I said "Did you just make pancakes too?" and he said, "No I just grabbed some of yours. I only took 4 little ones"
LOL! Sounds like my reaction the other night when we were planning to have pasta and DH thought he'd just have some of my rotini rather than making separate pasta for his meal.

It was kind of a crazy day here. We had to be out of the house most of the day since realtors were streaming though with potential buyers from 11 am until 4 pm. I just hope we don't have to keep it on the market for too long! I could see that this would get old really quickly! We went out for brunch (I'm actually eating out more lately than I ever used to, and am getting pretty good at staying 100% OP!) and then went to see Life of Pi. Pretty cool movie, but I absolutely *loved* the book when I read it years ago.
Closed Thread