Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
TGIF!!!! I am super happy Friday has arrived! It has been another long week of trainings and work and classes started up again. We are having my 4 year old's birthday party tomorrow at Home Depot. This is the first birthday party my husband is excited for. Funny funny man. I am making Rainbow's spice cake for myself to take. Eventhough I am currently in maintenance, I cannot justify eatting the junk.
I am right there with you and so thankful its Friday!!! Have fun at the party, Home Depot I would never think to have a party there.
__________________________________________________ _______________
As for me the last 2 days were just insane, went to work thursday, the hospital was crazy, I was in the ER for a few hours, we were short staffed and I had no time for the RN I was supposed to be orientating. Then cause someone called in sick I was sent home to sleep and made to come back for a 8 hour night. I am really starting to hate having no choice in the matter. It also plays havoc with trying to stay 100% because the meals have to be spread from 5am Thursday am till 7:30am Fri am without me having any forewarning. I did ok and did not starve, I moved over one non-restricted from today for this am, and used egg whites to keep my tummy in check. Work likes to get in the way of my weightloss sigh.... but I am happy that I over came and still stayed 100%
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Holly and Pattie,
Hope you both have fun tomorrow!!!

Monica,
Great job staying 100%. I'm sure it was not easy...but, oh, so worth it!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #423  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
LMAO!!! Yup yup. It WILL happen!!!

PATTIE

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #424  

Quote:
The best part about having his party at Home Depot is IT IS FREE!!! I was super excited about that! My son is a very perceptual thinker and can build anything out of legos. I heard they do parties there and the kids get to put together kits. I am excited for it! I hope your kiddo has a great party! 6 years old right?
Yup, sweet sassy six!! He's getting to be sooo big....my big big sweetie little boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I am right there with you and so thankful its Friday!!! Have fun at the party, Home Depot I would never think to have a party there.
As for me the last 2 days were just insane, went to work thursday, the hospital was crazy, I was in the ER for a few hours, we were short staffed and I had no time for the RN I was supposed to be orientating. Then cause someone called in sick I was sent home to sleep and made to come back for a 8 hour night. I am really starting to hate having no choice in the matter. It also plays havoc with trying to stay 100% because the meals have to be spread from 5am Thursday am till 7:30am Fri am without me having any forewarning. I did ok and did not starve, I moved over one non-restricted from today for this am, and used egg whites to keep my tummy in check. Work likes to get in the way of my weightloss sigh.... but I am happy that I over came and still stayed 100%
LE sigh! (That was especially for IP43!!). Oh the joys of shifts!! I'm so glad I moved to Public Health!! No more shift work! Did you find time to pee? I remember running my whole shift!! And hardly could take a potty break! Good for you girl to stay 100%!!!! Soooo proud of you!!! It would be challenging to get the water in! And out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

PATTIE

Oh man that felt good! You sure know when a girl needs them!!! This time of he year is still always so bittersweet. So sweet and happy my little boy is six!!! But my little girls anniversary is next week and she would have been 7! I can't believe how quickly time flies, but it still feels like yesterday when our world forever changed. Thanks for the HUG honey.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #425  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok -- now I'm sittin' here all teary and sending you MORE hugs Pattie

I was just nagging my kids "Let's get going! It's 10:00! Get your teeth brushed.... get your jammies on..." (turn on broken record of nightly routine at our house...)

Gonna take a break, turn the "record player" off, and go hug them instead too.

Last edited by IP43; 01-18-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #426  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
TGIF!!!! I am super happy Friday has arrived! It has been another long week of trainings and work and classes started up again. We are having my 4 year old's birthday party tomorrow at Home Depot. This is the first birthday party my husband is excited for. Funny funny man. I am making Rainbow's spice cake for myself to take. Eventhough I am currently in maintenance, I cannot justify eatting the junk.
Holly - how did you find out about the Home Depot party?? My older boy would LOVE something like that, but I couldn't find anything on the HD website about parties.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #427  

Quote:
Oh wow...a schedule like that would play havoc with me! Do you have some extra RTD? It just looks like an extra packet is in order when there is an insane schedule like that.
Now I see why nurses look for opportunities outside hospitals!

Get some much-needed R&R

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-19-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
LE sigh! (That was especially for IP43!!). Oh the joys of shifts!! I'm so glad I moved to Public Health!! No more shift work! Did you find time to pee? I remember running my whole shift!! And hardly could take a potty break! Good for you girl to stay 100%!!!! Soooo proud of you!!! It would be challenging to get the water in! And out!!

Oh man that felt good! You sure know when a girl needs them!!! This time of he year is still always so bittersweet. So sweet and happy my little boy is six!!! But my little girls anniversary is next week and she would have been 7! I can't believe how quickly time flies, but it still feels like yesterday when our world forever changed. Thanks for the HUG honey.
Pattie I am so sorry I had no Idea I hope you and your family can celebrate together with all the love you have for family present or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh wow...a schedule like that would ply havoc with me! Do you have some extra RTD? It just looks like an extra packet is in order when there is an insane schedule like that.
Now I see why nurses look for opportunities outside hospitals!

Get some much-needed R&R
I did try to get some rest, (2 different 2 hour naps) did not start feeling human till this morning Today will be a breeze OP thankfully after that. No to enjoy me 2 days off with my husband and plan for my 3 night shifts Mon, Tues, Wends. I Thank all who introduced me to Rutabaga, i am trying it this morning like hash browns with my breakfast, yum.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #429  

Quote:
I did try to get some rest, (2 different 2 hour naps) did not start feeling human till this morning Today will be a breeze OP thankfully after that. .
That doesn't sound so "healthy" for patient care...overly tired nurses...
Enjoy your time off & your rutabaga!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Yup, sweet sassy six!! He's getting to be sooo big....my big big sweetie little boy!!

Mompattie-I'm really sorry, extra hugs and love to you. I know it must be a very hard time for you.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

mompattie, your little angel is making Heaven a very special place! I picture her playing with all the friends, relatives and pets we have lost. God Bless your family
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #432  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Monica- stay strong! I hope things settle down so you can get some well deserved down time.

Mompattie- Sending you a big hug.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #433  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Holly - how did you find out about the Home Depot party?? My older boy would LOVE something like that, but I couldn't find anything on the HD website about parties.
A had heard a rumor that they did kid birthday parties so I called and sure enough! We are super excited! I will let you know how it goes.

Quote:
WOW! You are amazing! I don't think I would have been as strong as you. WTG!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Ok -- now I'm sittin' here all teary and sending you MORE hugs Pattie

I was just nagging my kids "Let's get going! It's 10:00! Get your teeth brushed.... get your jammies on..." (turn on broken record of nightly routine at our house...)

Gonna take a break, turn the "record player" off, and go hug them instead too.
Quote:
Pattie I am so sorry I had no Idea I hope you and your family can celebrate together with all the love you have for family present or not.

I did try to get some rest, (2 different 2 hour naps) did not start feeling human till this morning Today will be a breeze OP thankfully after that. No to enjoy me 2 days off with my husband and plan for my 3 night shifts Mon, Tues, Wends. I Thank all who introduced me to Rutabaga, i am trying it this morning like hash browns with my breakfast, yum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Mompattie-I'm really sorry, extra hugs and love to you. I know it must be a very hard time for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
mompattie, your little angel is making Heaven a very special place! I picture her playing with all the friends, relatives and pets we have lost. God Bless your family
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Monica- stay strong! I hope things settle down so you can get some well deserved down time.

Mompattie- Sending you a big hug.
THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the caring words and hugs!!! I'm doing good this year actually, time does heal for sure. We will never ever get "over it" and she forever is in our hearts but that intense pain has eased off. And yes IP43, hugging those kids is a good reminder for us all!! Thanks again everyone! Love you all!

And Monica, those rutabaga hash browns sound divine!!! I'm going to try some shredded with my next omelette or chili packet as chili hash brown fries!

Off to celebrate my sweet boys birthday at the pool with 7 little buddies!!! Have an awesome weekend everyone and thanks for the love!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Quote:
THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the caring words and hugs!!! I'm doing good this year actually, time does heal for sure. We will never ever get "over it" and she forever is in our hearts but that intense pain has eased off. And yes IP43, hugging those kids is a good reminder for us all!! Thanks again everyone! Love you all!

Off to celebrate my sweet boys birthday at the pool with 7 little buddies!!! Have an awesome weekend everyone and thanks for the love!
So sorry for your loss.

Oh I so remember 6. Such a fun age, have a great party! We had many pool parties. Better the energy spent there than destroying your house.

Hgamroth our boy would have loved a HomeDepot party when he was little. Have a great time!

I just want to share one of the most fun parties that we had at home. We called it "Fear Factor" since that show was popular at the time. We peeled grapes (for eyeballs) and put Italian dressing on pasta (for slimy worms) etc then blind folded the kids and had them eat without their hands. Too funny! We really learned who trusted us and who didn't. But we also learned that the blue cake icing at the Co-op can stain the skin on the face. OOPS! We had lots of games set up like make a paper airplane and throw it throw it into a box target, and pop a balloon with you butt. It still makes me laugh. The kids had a blast and so did the adults.

I must say that I love the zucchini muffins and kale chips. They both got the stamp of approval from the whole family. Of course they will never get my muffins again but I will make them something similar.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Closed Thread