Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I'll first qualify that I'm not on alternatives. However there is no reason why you would need to phase out. You are still doing the IP protocol just with different foods. It would be like one week I choose to buy different Packets than what I used last week. There are lots of considerations for alternatives which is what I found too daunting to consider but there are some good alternative threads on what products to choose for your restricted and non-restricted food and also what to stay away from because of high carbs or fat. Good luck with whatever path you take.
Hi KitKat-

Thanks so much for the reply. Just to clarify, I'm not talking about switching to using alternative products v. IP products. I'm talking about switching to the alternative protocol for diabetics. It involves 3 modest daily servings of carbs, one at each meal, and prevents the body from going into ketosis. I think it might be a better match for my body and medical condition.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #242  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
After reading posts from recent days, I had these strange thoughts going through my head so I decided to write them up. I apologize in advance if it sounds really corny!

IP and your changing looks: A Cautionary Tale
To all of those new and old, I want to send out some words of caution about your changing body. If you are similar to my stats and have a lot of weight to lose, you will see great success with staying 100% OP on IP. Weight will drop, inches will fall, you will notice clothes fitting better then they will even get loose. Other people generally won’t notice at first (except a select few observant ones or those that know you are on a program). Even if they did notice after 30 or 40 pounds they probably won’t say anything other than “nice hair cut” or “are you feeling okay”. It will be irritating because you won’t be able to understand why they can’t see what you can feel.

Again if you’re like me, you won’t see it either so what can you really expect from others. You’ll see the same fat person in the mirror that you’ve seen for the last 25 years. You may not believe that you look smaller and aren’t prepared to put together before and during pictures because you don’t want to look at yourself.

Then one day you’ll find you can pull your pants down without undoing the zipper, your shirt will look like a tent, you’ll get fed up with finding clothes you can wear and start shopping. Maybe you’ll shop in your closet or someone else’s closet or you may head out to a store. You will put on clothes that fit well and look good.

Warning: at this point, all h$@& will break loose because people will start to notice that you have lost weight and will give you many compliments. You’ll feel better about yourself, more confident and be more determined to stick to the program. You’ll lose more weight, do more shopping, get more compliments. It’s a vicious cycle and can only produce one result: a new skinny you. You will like to look at this new person in the mirror and you’ll take more pictures of your daily outfit to post online for others to see. This kind of happiness is dangerous, contagious, makes you feel stronger about other areas of your life and therefore isn’t for the faint of heart. Continue your journey at your own risk!
This is really nice to read--THANKS! I have clothes available for quite a while, and I can't wait to get back into some of my work suits and other things!!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hi KitKat-

Thanks so much for the reply. Just to clarify, I'm not talking about switching to using alternative products v. IP products. I'm talking about switching to the alternative protocol for diabetics. It involves 3 modest daily servings of carbs, one at each meal, and prevents the body from going into ketosis. I think it might be a better match for my body and medical condition.
I need to read more about the diabetic protocol, since my husband is diabetic. He has shown some interest in the diet, but I am not pushing. He doesn't have as much weight to lose (but enough) but his health is much worse. I asked my coach about going on it after heart surgery (he had quadruple bypass last spring) and she wasn't sure how long you have to wait before going on it. Since he hasn't wanted to start (thinks he can't cope with so few carbs) I haven't asked.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #244  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Stargirl - happy happy birthday!!

KitKat, that was an awesome post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Seriously that sounds awesome....but my strawberry spread isn't spreadable. Or drizzle-able. It comes out if the jar in a hard lump shaped like the spoon. How do you spread it?
I literally "shave" it off with the edge of the spoon to make some thin "sheets' of jam, and lay those on top of the cheesecake. It's just enough
Old 01-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I just had CHEESECAKE!!! Weight Loss Systems creamy cheesecake pudding!!! I ordered from Nashua earlier this fall. As recommended by Molly and Rainbow!!!! It seriously gets mega THICK and it tastes JUST LIKE CHEESECAKE!!! I could not believe it!!! I drizzled some WF choc. syrup on top and it was divine!!! DH caught me with my finger licking my bowl Next up: Rainbow's cheesecake bites!

I am in HEAVEN!!
Mmmmm, just ordered that pudding. Can't wait!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #246  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Nope! That's why we're here!
I got a little irritated with the negativeness earlier in the week, if anyone noticed... LOL...I get tired of descriptions of choking down food, etc. Find another plan if this one is that disgusting! Or find a way to make it work and be upbeat!

I mean really...I've cut out about HALF the foods I was enjoying due to the soy potentially affecting my thyroid. I had a "moment" when it affected me but then I moved on & figured out a plan.

We can live in the problem, or we can live in the solution. The people here are living in the SOLUTION!
I agree, Lisa. I also was getting pretty tired of some of the same whining/negativity. Glad that you were there to put in your two cents!

I'm pretty new to IP, but joining these forums right before the new year... so right before the big influx of newbies. It is a bit tough when the dynamics of the group here changes. I don't even post often, but I notice it while I'm reading and enjoying everything I'm learning!

Keep it up everyone! Keep helping those who truly want it... the others will find something else that works better for them...
Old 01-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLD81230 View Post
Keep it up everyone! Keep helping those who truly want it... the others will find something else that works better for them...
YES!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I literally "shave" it off with the edge of the spoon to make some thin "sheets' of jam, and lay those on top of the cheesecake. It's just enough
Doh! Sounds like an great idea! Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I didn't notice any extra negativity this week but I see red when people go on about chocking down food. For heavens sake if that is the case go eat something else. But what really gets me is when they start the same commotion about vegetables. How can you ever maintain a healthy way of eating if vegetables makes you gag???
Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I didn't notice any extra negativity this week but I see red when people go on about chocking down food. For heavens sake if that is the case go eat something else. But what really gets me is when they start the same commotion about vegetables. How can you ever maintain a healthy way of eating if vegetables makes you gag???
There are so many different vegetables to choose from, even in Phase 1, and so many different ways to prepare them that I don't understand having problems with the 4 cups of veggies either. Most days, I only find myself wanting more!

eta: the quality of the veggies you pick can be a factor. My adult nephew, who has become very much a veggie eater, did tell me recently that there was a world of difference between super cheap, old "fresh" broccoli (very bitter) and fresh broccoli.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-12-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Agree 100%
Old 01-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
There are so many different vegetables to choose from, even in Phase 1, and so many different ways to prepare them that I don't understand having problems with the 4 cups of veggies either. Most days, I only find myself wanting more!

eta: the quality of the veggies you pick can be a factor. My adult nephew, who has become very much a veggie eater, did tell me recently that there was a world of difference between super cheap, old "fresh" broccoli (very bitter) and fresh broccoli.
I agree - I've always liked vegetables but this diet has really encouraged me to try new ones (rutabaga, for example) that I never would have tried before. I won't go back to regular fries - rutabaga fries are just too good!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #253  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I know we don't have to track anything while on IP but I'm getting into the habit of using myfitnesspal now to prepare for maintainence. However, does anyone find it's not completely accurate?

For example, today it totals up my fiber at only 16 grams. When I add up the fiber in my packets alone it comes out to 18 grams (Cookie 9, Rotini 5, and Dark Chocolate Pudding 4).

This is all without adding in the fiber of my 2 cups of cucumber and 2 cups of spinach I'm eating today.

Anybody experience this also?
I'm just a MFP newbie but I know I had to adjust the "levels" of what I was eating manually, and I still don't think I got those right. A lot of times I wonder about the settings when you see it say "save this data to the main data bank" or some message like that. If others are saving their data and don't put the info in accurately, perhaps that affects the numbers? Just guessing.
However, one thing I DO like now that I'm starting to use it that I see how much things are worth for nutritional value.

Last edited by IP43; 01-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #254  

Default Clothes shopping NSV

Okay...more about clothes shopping...

I went to Talbots today b/c they're having an awesome sale (both in-store and online). I needed to try on pants b/c they have 4 different "fits" for their pants and I needed to see what fits the best.

So, I went wearing my (only) pair of size 16 jeans. Believing the size 16 is just a fluke, I grabbed 18s. They all fit but they were roomy. For grins, I grabbed 16s. Guess what girls? They all fit! Even the slimmer cut ones! Everything zipped. I'm really still in shock.

I grabbed 1x tops and one size X top. Guess which one fit the best? You guessed it! The smaller one (x).

Yes, they are more form fitting and will make me a little more uncomfortable as I get used to actually HAVING a figure to show off. Once upon a time I was 38-24-36. I'll probably never be that again but my out-of-control measurements when I started IP had me hiding under clothes (as if it helped!).

In the fitting room, you could actually see my waist and my curves again. Yes, there is still more jiggle in the middle than I want but I'm only half-way to goal.

So, here's my plan...I have pants that fit now. So I'll buy the on-sale 14s and then buy 12 capris b/c spring and summer will be here before I know it. I don't know what size I'll end up but I know when I did Atkins and lost 100, I was in 14s at 175. At my current weight loss pace, I'll be there by mid-to-late March

But that is not my ultimate goal so I KNOW 12s are in my future...and probably smaller than that

Okay, gotta go process this info now...
(Did I mention those "before" pics are size 24?)

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #255  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Lisa that is awesome!!!!
Closed Thread