Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
IP43 Congratulations on onerland!!!! Your story of being 200 and getting off the scale and getting butt neeked is hilarious!

I'm having a weird day. We had no school so I' home with 3 kids and did not ea my usual work lunch of a wildberry shake and 2 cups of some raw veggie like cucumbers.

Since I'm home I made a hot lunch and had the pasta with 1/2 c tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, EVOO, and 1.5 cups of seamed broccoli. I finished it less than 1.5 hours ago and am that kind of hungry where I could chew off my arm.

I have already nibbled some Romaine lettuce while cleaning it and now am onto Herbal tea.

I've never eaten any restricteds, I know the pasta isn't restricted but I am wondering if the higher carbs and wheat content could be making me hungry?

Anyone else have feel hungry after the rotini?
Interesting...I have the rotini almost everyday for lunch. I find it very filling because it has a significant amount of fiber and is one of the packets with the most protein (20 grams).
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #362  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Weigh in done, I'm down 0.8lbs and 1.75 inches! I've been upping the exercise (and feeling AMAZING) so I didn't expect any big whoosh. Maintenance is so close I can smell it!!! I checked my BMI again today, I'm only 0.2 points away from being at a healthy BMI!
Wooo hooooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Happy Sauna-ing. We have a hot tub and that's my favourite family time of day. We're out in the dark, looking up at the stars, no electronics, just talking about our day. It's even nicer if it's snowing. The kids love to jump out, make snow angels, then jump back in!
My husband and I went to a little inn a couple days after Christmas and there was a hot tub outside of our cabin. We debated getting in but it was 0 degrees and snowing. We chickened out and realized that we were old. Very depressing. Congrats on the loss today!!!

Stargirl--Congrats on the loss!!!!

I sat through a math training all day and I am more exhausted than I usually am after chasing and teaching kids all day. I need to run tonight!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Weigh in done, I'm down 0.8lbs and 1.75 inches! I've been upping the exercise (and feeling AMAZING) so I didn't expect any big whoosh. Maintenance is so close I can smell it!!! I checked my BMI again today, I'm only 0.2 points away from being at a healthy BMI!
Awesome!!!!!!! You are amazing and I'm sooo proud of you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
We use our hot tub the same way. What a great way to have a family visit and catch up. We have ours in an enclosed sun room. We get too much wind here to use it in the winter otherwise. We usually keep the windows open so we feel the chill of the air. Good contrast to the water.
Oohhhhhh. Sounds divine!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #364  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Holly and Patty, thanks I seriously wish I could get everyone on here in a room and just hug you all - I would never be here without you all
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #365  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

WI was tonight and I lost 2.9lbs and 3.25 inches. I couldn't believe either number because I am expecting things to drastically slow down. I'm now only 9lbs to goal!

I had an interesting talk with my coach today. She was feeling flustered and running a little late when we met. She confided that earlier she had a client who is struggling a lot with the program and personally. This client is one who is regularly going off program in fact. IP head office says that after a couple purposeful cheats she is supposed to put out a warning and then eventually "terminate" the client. Obviously this discussion went sour and the client was mad at my coach. We've heard this before and really can't believe that coaches would do this. However now I've seen a different side to it. My coach feels horrible, she wants to help this lady but can't find a way to get her on track. And then she has IP on the other side saying she must act this way. I feel bad because I love my coach and know how supportive she can be. I just wish I could talk to this client and bring her around with some tough love and pulling up her big girl panties. And I wish IP would leave a good coach like mine alone to be a coach.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Hey, hey everyone. Love reading all the posts. SOOO tired tonight. Have a great idea!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #367  

I meant have a great night! Wow!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #368  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
She confided that earlier she had a client who is struggling a lot with the program and personally. This client is one who is regularly going off program in fact. IP head office says that after a couple purposeful cheats she is supposed to put out a warning and then eventually "terminate" the client.
I think this person needs 3FC!! I bet that coaches can't recommend coming here because it could have inaccurate info, AND there are 'alternatives' that don't get the company$$$. However, so many of us maybe wouldn't have stuck to the plan either without this forum. My coach is really nice and I get 30 minutes a week one on one time. But other than that meeting, there isn't much support or contact. I bring HER ideas and info all the time from you guys (I feel like the apprentice who knows more than the master). I'm only still here, and came BACK here, because of the support here, not because I think IP is the be all and end all. I could probably lose weight with Atkins, or Weight Watchers....but why do it alone when there's fab IPeeps, and great ideas to keep me focussed? (Plus people to listen to my corny sense of humour too )
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #369  

Have a great day! I'm glad it's finally Thursday - this week seems to be creeping along.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #370  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Wooo hooooo!!!

My husband and I went to a little inn a couple days after Christmas and there was a hot tub outside of our cabin. We debated getting in but it was 0 degrees and snowing. We chickened out and realized that we were old. Very depressing. Congrats on the loss today!!!

Stargirl--Congrats on the loss!!!!

I sat through a math training all day and I am more exhausted than I usually am after chasing and teaching kids all day. I need to run tonight!!!
If you get the opportunity again, you definitely have to go in the hot tub when it's snowing out. We've done this on some of our ski trips and it is awesome! The hot tub keeps the air above it pretty warm, so your head isn't freezing. I don't know what it is, but it's just so relaxing to sit in that hot tub with the snowflakes coming down.

Quote:
WI was tonight and I lost 2.9lbs and 3.25 inches. I couldn't believe either number because I am expecting things to drastically slow down. I'm now only 9lbs to goal!

I had an interesting talk with my coach today. She was feeling flustered and running a little late when we met. She confided that earlier she had a client who is struggling a lot with the program and personally. This client is one who is regularly going off program in fact. IP head office says that after a couple purposeful cheats she is supposed to put out a warning and then eventually "terminate" the client. Obviously this discussion went sour and the client was mad at my coach. We've heard this before and really can't believe that coaches would do this. However now I've seen a different side to it. My coach feels horrible, she wants to help this lady but can't find a way to get her on track. And then she has IP on the other side saying she must act this way. I feel bad because I love my coach and know how supportive she can be. I just wish I could talk to this client and bring her around with some tough love and pulling up her big girl panties. And I wish IP would leave a good coach like mine alone to be a coach.
Congrats on that awesome weigh in!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Hey there 100%ers, just checking in quick to say hi, and see and the awesomeness that's going on here. My weigh-in today is down 2 lbs - yeah!

Wow - that's a big day for sure, and you survived it all brilliantly!

Bravo!!! The song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day

Woot woot! You are an inspiration as always!
Quote:

Congrats on your wonderful WIs, Stargirl and KitKat.

KitKat, the situation you described with your coach is sad. I am beginning to see IPs perspective on terminating people who go off protocol, though. Don't like the word cheat, I think of it as deviating from protocol which is like a carefully balanced exact science. I think some don't get that the plan doesn't work the same way if you "cheat", and maybe won't work at all. It is an expensive plan. If one isn't following protocol, IP can't ensure they will lose weight consistent with typical plan results and get their money's worth. IP and clinics have to protect themselves/reputation from people who alter the protocol, still expect the great results that IP promises, and then get upset when it doesn't happen. I don't think coaches should scold over minor deviations and lecture clients like children. But if someone really won't follow protocol, what to do? Two chances is very strict, but where to draw the line? 6? 10? If they say 10, will some automatically assume they can go off protocol 10 times with no impact?

In a perfect world, all coaches would be great and could motivate clients to stay 100%, and all clients would get whatever support they needed (here or otherwise). But in the real world, what is the best solution? I really don't know but I see IP's dilemma. I read the archives a lot and see many posts that talk about cheating early on with dead tickers after only 5 or 10 lbs lost.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Congrats Stargirl, KitKat, and Suzanne!!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #373  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Quote:

Wow, what a fantastic WI!!!!

IP's stance seems harsh, and I hope they lay this out for clients in the beginning. (I do alternatives, so I don't know) I get that they have a reputation to uphold, and the cheaters bring down their numbers, but that really puts the coach in a tough spot.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Congrats on your wonderful WIs, Stargirl and KitKat.

KitKat, the situation you described with your coach is sad. I am beginning to see IPs perspective on terminating people who go off protocol, though. Don't like the word cheat, I think of it as deviating from protocol which is like a carefully balanced exact science. I think some don't get that the plan doesn't work the same way if you "cheat", and maybe won't work at all. It is an expensive plan. If one isn't following protocol, IP can't ensure they will lose weight consistent with typical plan results and get their money's worth. IP and clinics have to protect themselves/reputation from people who alter the protocol, still expect the great results that IP promises, and then get upset when it doesn't happen. I don't think coaches should scold over minor deviations and lecture clients like children. But if someone really won't follow protocol, what to do? Two chances is very strict, but where to draw the line? 6? 10? If they say 10, will some automatically assume they can go off protocol 10 times with no impact?

In a perfect world, all coaches would be great and could motivate clients to stay 100%, and all clients would get whatever support they needed (here or otherwise). But in the real world, what is the best solution? I really don't know but I see IP's dilemma. I read the archives a lot and see many posts that talk about cheating early on with dead tickers after only 5 or 10 lbs lost.
I know it is so frustrating to "watch a train wreck about to happen" and then listen to everyone complain that it is happening, when they were the person in control. I feel for the coaches caught in the middle. That is how I feeling about my DB and SIL. They don't have the money to be wasting on the program. They were driving me crazy over the holidays because I don't understand why they still eat the IP products if they don't follow the rest of the program. I asked them why and they said it was to keep in the habit. The habit of what - overeating!! I can see IP's point of if you are not going to follow the program then open that appointment up for someone who will commit. They have been attending for the same length of time that I have but they lost only a fraction of the weight because they don't stay with the plan more than a few days at a time. They are people who let every little event or stress derail their plans and goals. End of rant.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

weight loss is like any other additction, until the person is really ready to go all in to make the change it AIN't Gonna Happen!

That is why when someone gets DWI's and are sent to manditory rehab, it makes me cringe, since we the tax payers pay for it most of the time. Everyone I know (unfortunately alot) goes right back to their drinking, because THEY were NOT ready to admit they had a problem that needed taken care of. The same for the IP coaches, they should have rules 2 -3 cheats and you are off the program until you can commit 100% or at least 99%. lol
Closed Thread