Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #226  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's one of my favorites! I top it with some of the WF strawberry spread
Seriously that sounds awesome....but my strawberry spread isn't spreadable. Or drizzle-able. It comes out if the jar in a hard lump shaped like the spoon. How do you spread it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
And this will be my birthday treat today (thanks for birthday wishes)! I'm going to crush some chocolate soy snacks to put in the bottom of two dessert bowls, then pour the cheesecake pudding on top, then drizzle with WF syrup (one with WF raspberry syrup and one with chocolate syrup).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STARGIRL!!! Enjoy your day!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Can I just say I this thread and the ladies here! Glad there are no negative nellies, is that wrong?:
We love you too!!!!! and I agree, this thread is awesome!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #227  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Can I just say I this thread and the ladies here! Glad there are no negative nellies, is that wrong?
Nope! That's why we're here!
I got a little irritated with the negativeness earlier in the week, if anyone noticed... LOL...I get tired of descriptions of choking down food, etc. Find another plan if this one is that disgusting! Or find a way to make it work and be upbeat!

I mean really...I've cut out about HALF the foods I was enjoying due to the soy potentially affecting my thyroid. I had a "moment" when it affected me but then I moved on & figured out a plan.

We can live in the problem, or we can live in the solution. The people here are living in the SOLUTION!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #228  

I just had the most incredible lunch!!!! I sautéed 1 cup fresh green beans chopped into 1" bites with evoo, garlic, and 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms. While this sautéed I cooked up the IP spaghetti bolognese packet. Once this was cooked, I served it over the sautéed veggies. DIVINE!!!! YUM!!!! I will be making this again! Going to try next time with my protidiet chili packet as the bolognese is only 2x/week.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #229  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon everyone. Well I finished my last exam for the course I was taking and now just to wait the marks. I think in the stress of extra studying over the last week I've exhausted myself and my cold has returned. Yesterday I had plans to go to a friend's for dinner but decided to cancel and curl up at home instead. We had a blizzard too so going out wasn't very inviting. I haven't seen this friend in a month because of the holidays (I was away, she was at her cabin when I got back). Her dinner was to be completely IP friendly so I was sad to miss her and the food. Trout with mushrooms and cauliflower. Instead I had a mix up of leftover tofu heated up, leftover steak cut up onto a salad, mushrooms in the actifry.

Today I planned to go clothes shopping but I've just done a couple clean up things around the house and I'm already dizzy and tired. So I'll rest up a bit then head to the grocery store only to stock up for the week. Later I want to curl up with the Beck Diet Solution book I recently bought for myself but couldn't look at when studying.

Lots of great posts over the last couple of days. Keep up the great IP determination everyone. Have a good weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #230  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I just had the most incredible lunch!!!! I sautéed 1 cup fresh green beans chopped into 1" bites with evoo, garlic, and 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms. While this sautéed I cooked up the IP spaghetti bolognese packet. Once this was cooked, I served it over the sautéed veggies. DIVINE!!!! YUM!!!! I will be making this again! Going to try next time with my protidiet chili packet as the bolognese is only 2x/week.
I have a bolognese packet that someone gave me but I didn't care for it before so I have left this one on the shelf. Maybe I'll have to try this lunch to use it up, sounds good.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #231  
Started IP 1/14/2012

After reading posts from recent days, I had these strange thoughts going through my head so I decided to write them up. I apologize in advance if it sounds really corny!

IP and your changing looks: A Cautionary Tale
To all of those new and old, I want to send out some words of caution about your changing body. If you are similar to my stats and have a lot of weight to lose, you will see great success with staying 100% OP on IP. Weight will drop, inches will fall, you will notice clothes fitting better then they will even get loose. Other people generally won’t notice at first (except a select few observant ones or those that know you are on a program). Even if they did notice after 30 or 40 pounds they probably won’t say anything other than “nice hair cut” or “are you feeling okay”. It will be irritating because you won’t be able to understand why they can’t see what you can feel.

Again if you’re like me, you won’t see it either so what can you really expect from others. You’ll see the same fat person in the mirror that you’ve seen for the last 25 years. You may not believe that you look smaller and aren’t prepared to put together before and during pictures because you don’t want to look at yourself.

Then one day you’ll find you can pull your pants down without undoing the zipper, your shirt will look like a tent, you’ll get fed up with finding clothes you can wear and start shopping. Maybe you’ll shop in your closet or someone else’s closet or you may head out to a store. You will put on clothes that fit well and look good.

Warning: at this point, all h$@& will break loose because people will start to notice that you have lost weight and will give you many compliments. You’ll feel better about yourself, more confident and be more determined to stick to the program. You’ll lose more weight, do more shopping, get more compliments. It’s a vicious cycle and can only produce one result: a new skinny you. You will like to look at this new person in the mirror and you’ll take more pictures of your daily outfit to post online for others to see. This kind of happiness is dangerous, contagious, makes you feel stronger about other areas of your life and therefore isn’t for the faint of heart. Continue your journey at your own risk!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
After reading posts from recent days, I had these strange thoughts going through my head so I decided to write them up. I apologize in advance if it sounds really corny!

To all of those new and old, I want to send out some words of caution about your changing body. If you are similar to my stats and have a lot of weight to lose, you will see great success with staying 100% OP on IP. Weight will drop, inches will fall, you will notice clothes fitting better then they will even get loose. Other people generally won’t notice at first (except a select few observant ones or those that know you are on a program). Even if they did notice after 30 or 40 pounds they probably won’t say anything other than “nice hair cut” or “are you feeling okay”. It will be irritating because you won’t be able to understand why they can’t see what you can feel.

Again if you’re like me, you won’t see it either so what can you really expect from others. You’ll see the same fat person in the mirror that you’ve seen for the last 25 years. You may not believe that you look smaller and aren’t prepared to put together before and during pictures because you don’t want to look at yourself.

Then one day you’ll find you can pull your pants down without undoing the zipper, your shirt will look like a tent, you’ll get fed up with finding clothes you can wear and start shopping. Maybe you’ll shop in your closet or someone else’s closet or you may head out to a store. You will put on clothes that fit well and look good.

Warning: at this point, all h$@& will break loose because people will start to notice that you have lost weight and will give you many compliments. You’ll feel better about yourself, more confident and be more determined to stick to the program. You’ll lose more weight, do more shopping, get more compliments. It’s a vicious cycle and can only produce one result: a new skinny you. You will like to look at this new person in the mirror and you’ll take more pictures of your daily outfit to post online for others to see. This kind of happiness is dangerous, contagious, makes you feel stronger about other areas of your life and therefore isn’t for the faint of heart. Continue your journey at your own risk!
KitKat, I hope you rest up this weekend and finally kick this flu you've been dealing with.

Also, just wanted to thank you for your insightful posts. You have done an amazing job!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

I know we don't have to track anything while on IP but I'm getting into the habit of using myfitnesspal now to prepare for maintainence. However, does anyone find it's not completely accurate?

For example, today it totals up my fiber at only 16 grams. When I add up the fiber in my packets alone it comes out to 18 grams (Cookie 9, Rotini 5, and Dark Chocolate Pudding 4).

This is all without adding in the fiber of my 2 cups of cucumber and 2 cups of spinach I'm eating today.

Anybody experience this also?
Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #234  

Quote:

You're amazing!!! Loved this!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I do this too and it is so good! I use alternatives and like the spicy mac n beef over the beans. yum
Old 01-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone-

I want to get opinions on something. I think I'm going to switch to IP alternative protocol. I think alternative protocol might be a better match for me. I debated doing it earlier, but was afraid to go out of ketosis because I was still far from goal. I'm pretty close to goal now so I feel better about it and want to give the switch a try. If I switch to alternative protocol, do I need to go through Phases 2 and 3 first to reintroduce carbs into my diet? I now some of you understand the phase out and reintroduction of carbs issue so much better than I do. Thanks much for your feedback!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-12-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Quote:

This is beautiful! Hope you are feeling better.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
And this will be my birthday treat today (thanks for birthday wishes)! I'm going to crush some chocolate soy snacks to put in the bottom of two dessert bowls, then pour the cheesecake pudding on top, then drizzle with WF syrup (one with WF raspberry syrup and one with chocolate syrup).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STARGIRL!!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #239  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hi everyone-

I want to get opinions on something. I think I'm going to switch to IP alternative protocol. I think alternative protocol might be a better match for me. I debated doing it earlier, but was afraid to go out of ketosis because I was still far from goal. I'm pretty close to goal now so I feel better about it and want to give the switch a try. If I switch to alternative protocol, do I need to go through Phases 2 and 3 first to reintroduce carbs into my diet? I now some of you understand the phase out and reintroduction of carbs issue so much better than I do. Thanks much for your feedback!
I'll first qualify that I'm not on alternatives. However there is no reason why you would need to phase out. You are still doing the IP protocol just with different foods. It would be like one week I choose to buy different Packets than what I used last week. There are lots of considerations for alternatives which is what I found too daunting to consider but there are some good alternative threads on what products to choose for your restricted and non-restricted food and also what to stay away from because of high carbs or fat. Good luck with whatever path you take.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #240  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STARGIRL!!!!!
I think I missed your birthday so belated well wishes to Stargirl!
Closed Thread