Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #481  
IP started 12/28/12

S/C/G: 244.2/196.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome 65x65!

I forgot to come back and tell y'all about my great weigh in on Monday. The weight was just as I expected (-14+ lbs.) but the inches lost surprised me. I have lost 6 inches overall. Three of those inches were in my middle! She said that was unusual. Typically her clients lose from the top down.

Yippee! People are starting to notice.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #482  
South Dakota Girl

S/C/G: 160/147/125

Hi Everyone, I just joined so if this question has been answered then I apologize! I have just started Ideal Protein and the shakes are the only thing I like...can I just drink them 3 times a day? Thanks in advance for any advice! I am anxious about this because I started 2 days ago and STARVING all day!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #483  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Bring the hottub with you, Molly, when you move to MI. Will help make the transition somewhat easier for your DH. I will say this is the coldest winter we've had in a few years. My folks live near Harrison, which is closer to where your cabin is, and they only have about 3" of snow right now, but same temps.

Hi everyone! Not much going on here, just wanted to check in and say hi. Brought some of my chili for lunch today with a bit of shredded veggie cheese on it, and a big salad. This morning my big breakfast was 2 eggs on toast w/slice of veggie cheese, a cup of strawberries, and a small glass of Silk Almond milk (low fat). With one exception nearly every day, maintenance is going pretty well. Still struggling with the choc addiction...

MRI is scheduled for Saturday evening (I know - weird time, isn't it?!) Really hoping I won't need surgery on the knee, but suspect I will. Seems like every day it's getting a bit worse, mostly in the evenings and when I wake up in the morning.

Break time is over, so back to work. Have a good day!
We already have a hot tub up at the cottage, but it's in the garage and now all empty and taken apart. DH won't go out there in the cold though. We might have to build it's own cubby hole out there with some bit of heat. I watch the weather for up there all the time and see the cold temps. DH isn't handling the 50s here in Georgia, but he knows what he's in for though.

You still worry me as my choc addiction was my downfall pre-ip.

Sorry about your knee. You just got over your foot surgery not too long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I love it too. We're now getting Series 3 on my cable network in Canada... comes on at 9pm on Sunday. I couldn't help wishing at the end of last Sunday's program that it would go on for another hour. One hour of Downton Abbey goes too fast!! I really look forward to watching it on Sunday nights.

-----------------

Hi everyone!

I was surprised this morning when I measured myself.... I don't do it all that frequently, and found that I'm -2 inches less through the waist than I was last time I measured. That helps to explain how the jeans finally fitted. Also when I view my 'sideview' these days, I can tell that the belly fat that was so determined to hang on is FINALLY leaving. Another 5 lbs will do it I think.

Cheers.
Congrats on the inches. That gives me hope for this jiggly pouch on abdomen. maybe when I get further down. My goal is probably just a little high. I will wait until I get there to decide if I'll lower it some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdejager View Post
Hi Everyone, I just joined so if this question has been answered then I apologize! I have just started Ideal Protein and the shakes are the only thing I like...can I just drink them 3 times a day? Thanks in advance for any advice! I am anxious about this because I started 2 days ago and STARVING all day!

Love your avatar, sooooo cute.

Few things. You will starve until into ketosis. That will probably be another day or two. You can drink shakes three times a day, but understand, your tastes will change (I know you doubt me now). Also, you must read the recipe threads. People have done some marvelous things with the packets. It's what makes the program workable. Read as much on this forum as you can. There is a wealth of knowledge here that make the program great. Do not be afraid or ashamed to ask any question. We're all here to help. It's a big family. Good luck, you're almost through the tough part.

Molly
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #484  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, sdejager! Glad to have you join us!

Great loss, Karen!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #485  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdejager View Post
You can eat unlimited lettuce, which helped me through hungry days. I learned to like my lettuce with just olive oil as dressing. it helped me get my oil in and also made the salad tastier. it was an acquired taste, but i liked it better than WF dressings by and large. Also eat a boiled egg if you are really hungry. Eggs take a long time to digest in the stomach so they make you feel full longer. They don't have much effect of the plan, but to be extra careful just eat egg whites.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #486  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I should add 2 bits of wisdom I learned on this forum:
1. If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer
2. If hunger is the problem, a boiled egg should sound pretty good. If the thought of eating a boiled egg isn't all that appetizing, then it probably isn't really hunger.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #487  

Hi ALl, welcome to the new members and I hope that you find as much support here as I have.
EVEPET - congrats on the loss
KARENBF - congrats on your WI and inch loss and that ppl are noticing.

Im doing so great with my knee. I actually walked up and down 100 stairs today (added together from several different times) this is a big deal for me. I haven't been able to climb stairs in 16 months.
I really feel for all of you freezing up north. We happen to be in the area not affected by this cold front. It was 70 today! i will send some warmth your way! (((((hugs to all)))))
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #488  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Morning all...we were on page 2, couldn't have that! Finally snow in the Windy City and it's still freezing...ahh the midwest at it's best.

Maezy so glad you are doing better. I have an artificial hip and have had 5 knee surgeries so I can feel your pain. Going up the stairs is a great accomplishment...Here's to your improved health.

Trying to stay warm today, cleaning the house as it's going on the market in 2 weeks..I'm going condo!

Have a great day everyone...stay warm!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #489  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
2. If hunger is the problem, a boiled egg should sound pretty good. If the thought of eating a boiled egg isn't all that appetizing, then it probably isn't really hunger.
*LOVE* this and will be remembering to tell myself this in the future! Very good point!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning all...we were on page 2, couldn't have that! Finally snow in the Windy City and it's still freezing...ahh the midwest at it's best.

Trying to stay warm today, cleaning the house as it's going on the market in 2 weeks..I'm going condo!

Have a great day everyone...stay warm!
Freezing here, too, but I keep telling myself this is our last northern winter. We got just a dusting of snow but it has brought everything to a standstill.

Good luck on the home sale! Hope it goes as quickly and easily as ours is so far. (We received a signed contract before we even received a signed copy of the listing agreement. Things are definitely picking up in the real estate market!!)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi"! Kind of looking for a thread to call home and haven't been having much luck Was just going to stop posting altogether until I found you guys

I know there is a lot of activity here at this time of year and a lot people get lost in the shuffle!

So just wanted to say Hi and hope to get to know you all.

Have a great day
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #491  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
How True! Completely agree. In fact, I found myself yesterday thinking that I wanted to eat something in the afternoon. I considered hard boiling an egg and decided against it. I don't really have much in my fridge or cupboards these days apart from the meal essentials, so the options were pretty slim. (On purpose). The best ones would have been either the egg or a protein drink. But neither tempted me. So I definitely wasn't 'hungry'. It wasn't real hunger and I surved quite well until dinnertime. And this was before I read Fishette's message, so it really resonated with me. I'll remember it.

---------------------

Hi everyone! Just want to wish you all a great day.

Maezy - so pleased to hear that you're doing ok with stairs now. That is really an accomplishment.

Molly - I think you'll find that your tummy pouch will 'deflate' quite a bit more as you get to the final weeks of your dieting. BTW - wish I had your hot tub!

Karenbf - congrats on the WI! That's a fantastic start!

Cactusflower & sdejager - Welcome!

AliKay - happy housecleaning - and good luck with the sale!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #492  

Red face New to FAB 50 posts

I just stumbled across these posts and I decided I want to be a part of this fun I am defenitly over 50 and am starting an alternative IP just last week. I think the key to most of this is the journal . If you write it all down it seems you will think before you pop something in your mouth that is unwanted and not needed ..
Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #493  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
*LOVE* this and will be remembering to tell myself this in the future! Very good point!!

Freezing here, too, but I keep telling myself this is our last northern winter. We got just a dusting of snow but it has brought everything to a standstill.

Good luck on the home sale! Hope it goes as quickly and easily as ours is so far. (We received a signed contract before we even received a signed copy of the listing agreement. Things are definitely picking up in the real estate market!!)
I'm praying that it goes quick...so tired of owning a home with the maintenance and the utility bills of a 3 bed home when I only live in 2 rooms, the family room and my bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi"! Kind of looking for a thread to call home and haven't been having much luck Was just going to stop posting altogether until I found you guys

I know there is a lot of activity here at this time of year and a lot people get lost in the shuffle!

So just wanted to say Hi and hope to get to know you all.

Have a great day
You picked a great group! So many knowledgeable minds in here. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
How True! Completely agree. In fact, I found myself yesterday thinking that I wanted to eat something in the afternoon. I considered hard boiling an egg and decided against it. I don't really have much in my fridge or cupboards these days apart from the meal essentials, so the options were pretty slim. (On purpose). The best ones would have been either the egg or a protein drink. But neither tempted me. So I definitely wasn't 'hungry'. It wasn't real hunger and I surved quite well until dinnertime. And this was before I read Fishette's message, so it really resonated with me. I'll remember it.

---------------------

Hi everyone! Just want to wish you all a great day.

Maezy - so pleased to hear that you're doing ok with stairs now. That is really an accomplishment.

Molly - I think you'll find that your tummy pouch will 'deflate' quite a bit more as you get to the final weeks of your dieting. BTW - wish I had your hot tub!

Karenbf - congrats on the WI! That's a fantastic start!

Cactusflower & sdejager - Welcome!

AliKay - happy housecleaning - and good luck with the sale!
Since I have been back on track the last few days, the cravings have slowly gone away, you're doing great! Thank you for the well wishes with my home selling...I can't wait to get into something smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadi57 View Post
I just stumbled across these posts and I decided I want to be a part of this fun I am defenitly over 50 and am starting an alternative IP just last week. I think the key to most of this is the journal . If you write it all down it seems you will think before you pop something in your mouth that is unwanted and not needed ..
Great bunch here! You will learn so much from them! Welcome Aboard!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #494  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hello Everyone! Whew, I took today off work to burn off some of the vacation time that I've got sitting around. Work only lets us build up so much and then we have to take it or not build up anymore (basically we loose the benefit if we don't use it). DH and I are going out to play - somewhere, today. Guess I should wake him up, but he's sort of worn out from last night testing relaxation methods discussed a while ago.

Welcome! to the new people who have joined. Congratulations on losses and NSV's the last few days all. Teena I love you too! It's just been a blur of stressful work happenings lately. It's nice to get a day to go do something fun. Hmmm my boss at work is thinking (not sure yet) about sending me to GA for some training next month. I may need to go looking for some dressier clothes. Guess I ought to wait till I know for sure I'm headed out. I just got into size 18 jeans. I have a bunch of size 16 dress pants from my sister waiting - It would really be great if I could get into those before any trips. Would save me a bunch on cloths.

I've been reading here when I can. Keep up the positive vibes all.

Barb
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #495  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Good Morning Ladies, I know I am not in here much, I am currently inundated with boards and threads I find it hard to keep up. Who am I kidding, I could stay and play on my PC all day but life keeps draggin me out into the bitter cold.

I do have a ??? for you all.

Now that I am heading to smaller sized clothes, I think my crazy dormant fashionista side is coming out. Do/did any of you go nuts with clothes even if they weren't necessarily age appropriate??
I don't mean daisy dukes and bikinis but I want to experience fashion I like, and don't want to look like a fool. GWIM??
For example, I am obsessed with cowboy boots. Damm, County Outfitters ads on FB. I live in NE. Would I look like a total idiot if I ever got cowboy boots and wore them with a skirt or shorts???
XOXOXOX

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 01-24-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Closed Thread