Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #61  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Thrid day back in the gym last night. only thing that doesn't hurt on my body is my brain. and work will take care of that today. lol start 7-12's on sunday for a week so i am sure i will be hungry when i get out of here in the evenings. so quess i will be a cuecumber eating fool next week. anyone know how much more food to take in when working out hard 5 days a week.
From what I've read on the forum and other places (don't get a lot of this type of advice from my coach), I was told to add another protein packet when you do strenuous work (including exercise) to avoid the muscle waste. Hope this helps!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Thrid day back in the gym last night. only thing that doesn't hurt on my body is my brain. and work will take care of that today. lol start 7-12's on sunday for a week so i am sure i will be hungry when i get out of here in the evenings. so quess i will be a cuecumber eating fool next week. anyone know how much more food to take in when working out hard 5 days a week.
Man 7-12's and working out is going to really burn you down. I worked 2 weeks of 6-10's and had a total of 5 or 6 packets a day depending on how I was feeling.( I'm a union electrician) Just don't wait too long before you eat something because recovering from the exhaustion is way worse than an extra packet.

Last edited by hyrysk; 10-25-2012 at 10:48 AM.
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
Man 7-12's and working out is going to really burn you down. I worked 2 weeks of 6-10's and had a total of 5 or 6 packets a day depending on how I was feeling.( I'm a union electrician) Just don't wait too long before you eat something because recovering from the exhaustion is way worse than an extra packet.
10-4 I am a union Pipefitter turned into a Supervisor lol. so noy much phys woek anymore thank god. but i will be putting in 14 hour days if not longer all next week. so i may add some extra packets next week.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #64  

Quote:
10-4 I am a union Pipefitter turned into a Supervisor lol. so noy much phys woek anymore thank god. but i will be putting in 14 hour days if not longer all next week. so i may add some extra packets next week.
Yep been in the trade for a little over 30 yrs. and I'm the chief estimator now. We had a big project that required me to be on site and oversee everything a couple of months back. I screwwwed up the first week and it seemed to take me forever to get back on track. My coach recomended eating 2 restricteds just spreading them apart with the other packets in between. It seemed to work better that way and I still lost.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
Yep been in the trade for a little over 30 yrs. and I'm the chief estimator now. We had a big project that required me to be on site and oversee everything a couple of months back. I screwwwed up the first week and it seemed to take me forever to get back on track. My coach recomended eating 2 restricteds just spreading them apart with the other packets in between. It seemed to work better that way and I still lost.
well that sounds like a plan then. i have 14 boxes of food should show up at the house today.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #66  
Started IP on 10/06/2012

S/C/G: 266/249/175

Height: 68"

Default I broke up with my Coach yesterday!

Feeling a little freaked.

I broke up with my Coach last night after weigh in (down 17# in 14 days).

I think she was a little shocked. My excuse was (and it is true) that I've chosen to continue on my own using alternative products due to the costs involved with the "true" IP products.

I'm a business professional who owns my own company, my wife is in the high-end pay of the medical field, we can AFFORD the $28/box drink mix, but I wouldn't be a very good businessman if I advised my clients to spend $28/7 drinks when I can get an entire case of EAS carb drinks for $18.

We didnt get where we are by blowing wads of dough on "stuff." I told her that, and surprisingly she was pretty cool about it - I should add that I made a "break-up" order for a couple boxes of the Cappuccino drink and another month's worth of supplements (I hadn't researched legitimate replacements for the supps, so I bought another month from her).

So.....here I am. I'm a big burly guy, I'm tough as sshhhiitt, but I'm scared I made a mistake. So expect me to be whining to you guys for a few weeks till I get more comfortable with my decision.

I'm going to make a new daily diary similar to what my coach gave me - I need to keep myself accountable - and it's good to see what I HAVE eaten and what I STILL NEED TO EAT and I'm going to stop weighing and measuring - being able to take my pants off and put them on without unbuttoning or unzipping them is good enough for me to know I'm losing. I'm also taking 4 photos of myself every couple of days wearing the same shirt and shorts so I can see the change over time. I'll probably eventually publish them here after I'm a little more comfortable with my new-self and everyone here.

So here I go.......expect regular questions and shameless calls for support.
Chunk Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #67  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk Yeager View Post

I think she was a little shocked. My excuse was (and it is true) that I've chosen to continue on my own using alternative products due to the costs involved with the "true" IP products.

I'm a business professional who owns my own company, my wife is in the high-end pay of the medical field, we can AFFORD the $28/box drink mix, but I wouldn't be a very good businessman if I advised my clients to spend $28/7 drinks when I can get an entire case of EAS carb drinks for $18.

We didnt get where we are by blowing wads of dough on "stuff." I told her that, and surprisingly she was pretty cool about it - I should add that I made a "break-up" order for a couple boxes of the Cappuccino drink and another month's worth of supplements (I hadn't researched legitimate replacements for the supps, so I bought another month from her).

So.....here I am. I'm a big burly guy, I'm tough as sshhhiitt, but I'm scared I made a mistake. So expect me to be whining to you guys for a few weeks till I get more comfortable with my decision.

I'm going to make a new daily diary similar to what my coach gave me - I need to keep myself accountable - and it's good to see what I HAVE eaten and what I STILL NEED TO EAT and I'm going to stop weighing and measuring - being able to take my pants off and put them on without unbuttoning or unzipping them is good enough for me to know I'm losing. I'm also taking 4 photos of myself every couple of days wearing the same shirt and shorts so I can see the change over time. I'll probably eventually publish them here after I'm a little more comfortable with my new-self and everyone here.

You have LOTS of coaches on here! you will be fine and the weight will come off good luck
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #68  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I bet that was a tough decision. No worries about calls for support. We have all been there, or we all will be at some time. Hang in there.

jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #69  

Quote:

No worries about questions we are always good for some kind of response and a couple of the gals keep a close eye on us so we don't get off track. There is a thread just for Alternatives and where to buy all kinds of other products and supplements that will work. I buy some of my supplements at walmart to save a little money but still use the IP foods. I'm kind of partial to my coach. She has really been great guiding DW and I through all of this.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #70  

Quote:

I have been doing it solo almost the whole time. if you need any help let me know. i can give you web sites on where to get your food. i bought 14 boxes of food this week for 121.00 shiped to the door. and i go to sams and buy mydrinks.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Wow! Congrats guys. It's so exciting, we have guys at goal, guys getting very close to goal and Gus on their journey. It is very inspiring to see all the success.

Yesterday I weighed in and I am unofficially (my sale, not the coach's) under 250. I don't remember the last time I was 24x lbs, I'm thinking high school. Heading in to my WI today.

Still lovin' IP. Have a great weekend!
ddd849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #72  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
Wow! Congrats guys. It's so exciting, we have guys at goal, guys getting very close to goal and Gus on their journey. It is very inspiring to see all the success.

Yesterday I weighed in and I am unofficially (my sale, not the coach's) under 250. I don't remember the last time I was 24x lbs, I'm thinking high school. Heading in to my WI today.

Still lovin' IP. Have a great weekend!
Good luck at your WI today!
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #73  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth357 View Post
Howdy All!
Been away on business in Pennsylvania and just now back! Read the posts to catch-up...JW, CONGRATS on meeting goal brother...good news!!!

I dropped 3 more last week, so down to 235 and goal is 225. I am now thinking maybe lower goal 10 more to 215...wife says no, but that damn "jelly-belly roll" makes me want to keep going. Not sure yet what I will do but seems to me the "roll" is not something working-out will remove...anyone know about this?

Longhorn....good to see you bro! If not for you I would not have known about those wonderful zuchinni noodles! Haha! Those saved me more then once I can tell you!

H...man you made all those briskets...thats one of my favorites! My mouth was watering thinking about it!

Holidays: I am planning on staying on phase 1 strict until I get to weight I need to be at...even if below current goal, so more then likely I will be on phase 1 for a few months...might be able to be in phase 3 or 4 for Christmas but that depends on how my weekly losses go I suppose.

Just a shout-out to Wuv, Vet and Big Dad, you crazy losers! haha!

Vet: While in Penn. I grabbed my pistol permit from them which is good in 28 other states for concealed carry. Only took like 15 minutes and cost $20 and is good now for 5 years. Sweet deal!

Have a great day everyone!
Jake
Jake did you change your screen name or have I just been away too much lately? Awesome on the CCW. Just remember ya don't need one here in VT!

JW. You rock brother. Whooooo Freakin Hoooooo! I am proud if you. Awesomeness dude.

Chunk. I buy from IP but mostly from Nashua and some from GNC. Their RTD lean drinks are great and were actually cheaper than their powder mix. Careful with their mixes some are pretty High in carbs and way to high in Protien so with those. Just use one and not three scoops. The RTD chocolate drinks are better tasting to me than the EAS and come in at 6 carbs! Pure Protein bars from Walmart are awesome too.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #74  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Couple of NSVs today. I had a text from a friend, who is also a hottie! She said she just saw me walking downtown and I looked great. That always feels great. Especially from a pretty lady.

Tonight we were out to dinner and I've known the waitress for more than fifteen years. She has always called me by my first name. She didn't recognize me. I've arrested her a few times sooooo I didn't feel the need to tell her who I was.

I am going on a 4.4 mile hike tomorrow with my Webelos 2 Den and I'm excited, not scared! I will be sore for days but I'm excited. I don't dread moving and walking anymore. It actually makes me smile now. I will take some photos. It s Spruce Mountain here in Plainfield, VT a few towns away.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Nice vet! Gotta love the transformations.

I hit 8.2lbs at my WI this week. I was pleasantly amazed. I was hoping I'd be back up to 5 after a few weeks at 3.

In the down side, I bought the cleanse even though I didn't want to. I'm supposed to start this weekend. I've never done one before. I hope I don't end up on the toilet all weekend.

Have a great day everyone!!
ddd849 is offline   Reply With Quote