Old 10-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #33  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
It has finally happened!!!! My scale this morning said:::::

140.0!! Finally reached my goal.

I go to the WI on Monday and her scale is always a couple more lbs than mine, but I have a couple of days to loose an extra. Phase II, here I come.
WOOHOO!!!!.....No wonder the sun is shinning so bright today....YOU and NewPath Reached y'all goals today....congrats!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #34  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Yawn. Quiet Sunday, football on TV, need to study but really don't feel like it. Yawn, may go take a nap. Hope everyone is having a great day.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #35  

Quote:
Yawn. Quiet Sunday, football on TV, need to study but really don't feel like it. Yawn, may go take a nap. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Are you CRAZY????? NO NAPPING when the Saint's are playing....wake ya azz UP and start YELLING at the TV.....lol...that is what I am doing!....lol
Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Went to the Angola Rodeo yester so didnt get to see the game. But i had the inmates sending me score updates. So worked out well.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
It has finally happened!!!! My scale this morning said:::::

140.0!! Finally reached my goal.

I go to the WI on Monday and her scale is always a couple more lbs than mine, but I have a couple of days to loose an extra. Phase II, here I come.
Congrats!!!
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #38  

Hey Big Daddy. We went to the Rodeo last year. Talk about some crazy dudes out there.

Monday is here, it's my WI day. I'm super excited. I should move on to Phase 2. I'm going to plead my case to only be on Phase 2 for one week, not two. I need that additional food in Phase 3 for my PT test on the 3rd of November.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #39  
In from the cold

S/C/G: 277 / ticker / 235

Height: 6'3 / 191cm

Quote:
Monday is here, it's my WI day. I'm super excited. I should move on to Phase 2. I'm going to plead my case to only be on Phase 2 for one week, not two. I need that additional food in Phase 3 for my PT test on the 3rd of November.
Hells yeah you're excited! Nice work jw!

Phase 2 to me just looks like Phase 1 with more calories/protein, i.e. it's still an unbalanced diet...? I've never been too clear on why we can't just transition into maintenance once goals are achieved. Is it more of a psychogical/learning thing?

As for me: I had one cheat evening on Saturday - had dinner at a nice sit-down restaurant (scoping out next year's wedding venue with the wife-to-be & her mother). Not only would it have been too tough to eat literally nothing on the 5-course menu, it would also have defeated the purpose of the visit, which was planned before I decided to to IP. Back on track yesterday. Still hoping for a decent showing at Wednesday's Week 2 WI.

Last edited by WinterWarm; 10-22-2012 at 12:15 PM.
WinterWarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarm View Post
Hells yeah you're excited! Nice work jw!
Back on track yesterday. Still hoping for a decent showing at Wednesday's Week 2 WI.
Thanks!!

You did great getting right back up in the wagon.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Winter at least you know what you did if your loss isn't as big as you like it.
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #42  
In from the cold

Quote:
Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
Thanks both for encouragement and solid good sense. Still on the wagon almost 48 hours later, and the hunger I felt on Sunday (I guess my stomach expected the diet was over?) is gone today.

Yep, I have no doubt that Saturday evening's very delicious meal will not have helped with my forthcoming WI, but I'm not too worried. There's no way I was going to repeat my first week's loss.

Funny thing: after 10 days with very few carbs, the fancy meal didn't make me feel as good as I thought it would (although it certainly tasted great). I'm starting to realise just how carb-soaked I've always been... and on the plus side, I'm getting the first glimmer in my mind of how one small piece of bread (+ veg + water) can be just as enjoyable as sending the waiter back for a second basket of bread and more butter.

I also told my buddies recently (to whom I'm always the big guy who can carry them down the street and then eat enough food for 4 people) that I'll still be that guy except the excessive eating bit. They took it well, but hopefully once I've hit a goal or two they'll see it isn't just a temporary insanity on my part...!

Last edited by WinterWarm; 10-22-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #43  
In from the cold

Quote:
Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
Thanks both

Yep, I have no doubt that Saturday evening's very delicious meal will not have helped with my forthcoming WI, but I'm not too worried. There's no way I was going to repeat my first week's loss.

Funny thing: after 10 days with very few carbs, the fancy meal didn't make me feel as good as I thought it would (although it certainly tasted great). I'm starting to realise just how carb-soaked I've always been... and on the plus side, I'm getting the first glimmer in my mind of how one small piece of bread is just as enjoyable as sending the waiter back for a second basket of it. I did miss the red wine I'd normally have enjoyed, but hey, I can live without that too for now (and in the future I'm going to assume that a small glass will taste just as good as the big one I used to always go for).

I also told my buddies recently (to whom I'm always the big guy who can carry them down the street and then eat enough food for 4 people) that I'll still be that guy - except the excessive eating bit. They took it well, but hopefully once I've hit a goal or two they'll see it isn't just a temporary insanity on my part...!

jw: once again, well done! Along with other people round here, seems like you're setting a great example to follow.

Last edited by WinterWarm; 10-22-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarm View Post
Thanks both

Funny thing: after 10 days with very few carbs, the fancy meal didn't make me feel as good as I thought it would (although it certainly tasted great).

jw: once again, well done! Along with other people round here, seems like you're setting a great example to follow.
Thanks man. You just touched on what I read is how you get through the up-coming holidays. Chow down on that turkey (white meat) and just have a small taste of Aunt Suzie and Grandmas' famous what ever. Food can't make you happy, but some of it really taste great. That's all we need, just a little taste. I'm sure some on here will disagree with me, but if the options are to totally crack up and eat tons of crap, or to just have a taste of a couple of things, I'm having the small taste.

I'm totally in the 'give back' stage now. I officially start phase 2 tomorrow. I can't wait to have my chicken at lunch!

WI today results (didn't get measured, but I know I lost a little inches here and there) Weight down 1.4 lbs. On their scale I'm 2.4 lbs away from my goal, but on MY scale I've been on and past my goal for the past three days. My choice to weigh in the afternoons and I don't think they would like me if I got on their scale naked like I do at home. My fat % went from 17.5% to 16.5% and my Fat Mass is 23.6, right in the normal range. I haven't felt this great in so long. Every day I'm amazed at my energy.

Thanks to this site, and the great people, WUV, this program is knocking my socks off~!!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #45  

Quote:
Thanks man. You just touched on what I read is how you get through the up-coming holidays. Chow down on that turkey (white meat) and just have a small taste of Aunt Suzie and Grandmas' famous what ever. Food can't make you happy, but some of it really taste great. That's all we need, just a little taste. I'm sure some on here will disagree with me, but if the options are to totally crack up and eat tons of crap, or to just have a taste of a couple of things, I'm having the small taste.

I'm totally in the 'give back' stage now. I officially start phase 2 tomorrow. I can't wait to have my chicken at lunch!

WI today results (didn't get measured, but I know I lost a little inches here and there) Weight down 1.4 lbs. On their scale I'm 2.4 lbs away from my goal, but on MY scale I've been on and past my goal for the past three days. My choice to weigh in the afternoons and I don't think they would like me if I got on their scale naked like I do at home. My fat % went from 17.5% to 16.5% and my Fat Mass is 23.6, right in the normal range. I haven't felt this great in so long. Every day I'm amazed at my energy.

Thanks to this site, and the great people, WUV, this program is knocking my socks off~!!!!!
Ok so I am going to say Thank you then chime in about the holidays....I went through the holiday's last year ALL of them without cheating. My thought was we have eaten the SAME thing EVERY year for the past 20+ yrs...it will ALL be there NEXT year...I know what it tastes like already so why "cheat" in my book. This year I will be at my goal, at least I am hoping I will be, I may or may not have a taste of something this year, I don't know yet. But I agree, a taste probably wont hurt you, I wouldn't eat a big lunch and supper I would pick one or the other but that would be it. Ok off my soap box.....wuv y'all