Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I have been quiet for a few days. The weekend was emotional, as my daughters family moved out of country for a job. The sweet 20 month old (and his parents) lived with us for 3 months, while getting ready. My life is not chaotic anymore, but my heart is kind of empty. I also gained a couple pounds from a phased off vacation. Sigh. Just trying to clean up, do laundry, de-clutter, you know. I'll be back in the swing of things...soon. I am 100% on program, but I'm just sad. I'm just a chick-flick kind of girl!
Dizzyjean, the empty nest is a very sad thing. Thank god for SKYPE! My only advice is to keep busy (and it sounds like you are!) and focus on YOU! IP is a great way to do that. Best of luck!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Oh Rainbow.... I see your so close to crossing over to a new number beginning w 2 and your one of my best inspirations because you have done so good and all without a coach and all the yummy Recipies and your GREAT Vibes and happiness and rainbows all around to you!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #288  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone, been missing for a few!

Dana, I'LL TAKE HIM! In this big house by myself and it just gets so lonely. I have a great school system and the bus stops right on my corner. Not a problem. My daughter was such a great kid, no problems at all with her, not even after my husband passed away when she was 14. It just amazes me that a child that had everything, couldn't wait to move out. Kidzzzz! And so glad your husband is doing so well.

Congrats to everyone with the losses and the NSV's. I can't wait to get down to a size 14 again.

Have a wonderful day all...it's freezing here and raining on top of it!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday peeps! Thanks for all the encouragement, I think I am back to normal now. We did face time with the UK kids the other night, and I thought my heart would feel unbearable afterwards, but I got peace and acceptance. Seeing the little guy play in the background, then on a lap, then over a shoulder, then face at the screen...he is 1 busy little dude! Like his Mom!
I appreciate how you all know the struggles we go through at our age.
Happy to see some new faces and hear some outstanding WI and NSV's.
There is no more encouraging place to be on this diet...than here!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello

Hi Everyone...how are you? I was able to get in a couple of walks yesterday even with the shivering wind.

Have a great day.

Diane
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Morning everyone! 100-degrees here yesterday in San Diego, so glad I'm not lugging around 50+ extra pounds of fat anymore!
It's been awhile since I checked in. Still figuring this Maintenance thing out; for me it's a Phase 3 clone thingy that works, having extras like avocado and nuts as grains reallllllly don't agree with me!
I must say, I miss Phase 1. Once you get through the first few weeks of adjustment it's pretty much just coasting through. All of my aches and pains virtually disappeared, actually looking forward to a little reboot at some point down the road for that reason alone, crazy huh?
Keep up the good work; you are all so worth it!

Barbara
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 255/234/150

Height: 5' 4'

Good morning Ladies
Yesterday after I when to the store to get the major food for the month. I was scanning the produce area which l now spend a lot of time in...instead of running past. Was not introduced to a lot of different veggies growing up, so I need some input from all of you on how to use some of the new veggies I select. Yesterday the veggie I choose was leeks. I understand that it is like a onion. I hope to be able to use it in cooking since cooked onions are not a option. When I got home I finished cleaning the frig of all the non OP products I still had and filled it with veggies. Tomorrow is weigh in day so I hope to post good progress tomorrow. Have a great OP day!!!!!

Last edited by mellop60; 10-18-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #293  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Oh Rainbow.... I see your so close to crossing over to a new number beginning w 2 and your one of my best inspirations because you have done so good and all without a coach and all the yummy Recipies and your GREAT Vibes and happiness and rainbows all around to you!!!
YOU ARE MY RAINBOW TODAY!!! what a very sweet post!! i am determined to get there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy Thursday peeps! Thanks for all the encouragement, I think I am back to normal now. We did face time with the UK kids the other night, and I thought my heart would feel unbearable afterwards, but I got peace and acceptance. Seeing the little guy play in the background, then on a lap, then over a shoulder, then face at the screen...he is 1 busy little dude! Like his Mom!
I appreciate how you all know the struggles we go through at our age.
Happy to see some new faces and hear some outstanding WI and NSV's.
There is no more encouraging place to be on this diet...than here!
awww he sounds like such a sweetie...and thank goodness for technology and being able to have "face" time!! isn't that wonderful! i love england....can't wait to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzzieDee View Post
Hi Everyone...how are you? I was able to get in a couple of walks yesterday even with the shivering wind.

Have a great day.

Diane
hi diane...good for you for getting your walk in, even in the wind!! way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Morning everyone! 100-degrees here yesterday in San Diego, so glad I'm not lugging around 50+ extra pounds of fat anymore!
It's been awhile since I checked in. Still figuring this Maintenance thing out; for me it's a Phase 3 clone thingy that works, having extras like avocado and nuts as grains reallllllly don't agree with me!
I must say, I miss Phase 1. Once you get through the first few weeks of adjustment it's pretty much just coasting through. All of my aches and pains virtually disappeared, actually looking forward to a little reboot at some point down the road for that reason alone, crazy huh?
Keep up the good work; you are all so worth it!

Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellop60 View Post
Good morning Ladies
Yesterday after I when to the store to get the major food for the month. I was scanning the produce area which l now spend a lot of time in...instead of running past. Was not introduced to a lot of different veggies growing up, so I need some input from all of you on how to use some of the new veggies I select. Yesterday the veggie I choose was leeks. I understand that it is like a onion. I hope to be able to use it in cooking since cooked onions are not a option. When I got home I finished cleaning the frig of all the non OP products I still had and filled it with veggies. Tomorrow is weigh in day so I hope to post good progress tomorrow. Have a great OP day!!!!!
oooo i love leeks!!! lots of great recipes with leeks!!! make sure you wash them well as they get very gritty inside. i cut off the tops and a small portion of the bottom....slice it down the center and rinse well, making sure to separate the sections....lots and lots of sand in those leaves!! but oh so worth the effort!!! then just slice and sautee!! yum!!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi ladies, well I'm off to the coaches, and I'm very nervous about my WI with my licks n tastes I had this past week, but I have totally stopped that. But I couldn't sleep well, but I'm ready to face it hopefully I still go down a tiny bit but maby up oh I just don't know, and I don't touch a scale anywhere but at my coaches o gosh I'm just gunna go. I'll be right back. Teena
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #295  

Thanks Rainbows miles for the info. I will do as you have instructed. Is it ok to cut the whole leek up and store a portion to use later?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #296  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Mamazu! So good to 'see' you again!!! I've been lurking on the Maintainers thread occasionally, and see that quite a few have some trouble adjusting to P4, & figuring what actually works for them & what doesn't. Are you saying your aches/pains came back in P4? If so, I'm very sorry to hear this.

Good morning Fabulous 50 peeps! I had my WI this morning - another 1 lb gone, and 1 1/4 inches as well. Not what I'd like to see, but am happy I lost the pound I gained last week (per my home scale) plus another. Guess it will take me a little longer to begin phasing off than I thought. But as I think about this, it might be a good thing...if I'm not in Maintenance by Christmas, I will be much more disciplined with my choices through the holidays I think.

Back to work...have a great afternoon!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #297  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellop60 View Post
Thanks Rainbows miles for the info. I will do as you have instructed. Is it ok to cut the whole leek up and store a portion to use later?
ooh yes....leeks store quite well! but do remember they do cook down a bit like onions, so a LOT in the pan turns out to be little on the plate!!

they are milder than onions! great in soups!!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #298  

Ok so the 2 cup precook measure does not work for this veggie.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #299  

Good morning Fabulous 50 peeps! I had my WI this morning - another 1 lb gone, and 1 1/4 inches as well. Not what I'd like to see, but am happy I lost the pound I gained last week (per my home scale) plus another. Guess it will take me a little longer to begin phasing off than I thought. But as I think about this, it might be a good thing...if I'm not in Maintenance by Christmas, I will be much more disciplined with my choices through the holidays I think.

Back to work...have a great afternoon![/QUOTE]

But you are in the 140's which is FAB!!!! I'm 10 pounds higher and can't wait to get there. Awesome. I hope my WI this Saturday will be like yours, as I had a gain following a vacation phase off.
Was my phase off worth it? Yes- at the time, but now I wish I had just pushed through...so I could be done sooner. I lost 2-3 weeks with it.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #300  

Weird---the beginning quote- which came from GreenIris is missing (my goof somehow) Then my comment at the bottom.
Sorry- I'm just dizzy silly this afternoon!
Closed Thread