Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #226  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
how do you post multiple pictures on your signatures?
You have to combine them with outside software. I use the Windows Accessory Paint to paste them and arrange them all together. Then save as a .jpg file. Then I can upload it to the signature in the user signature area. Some others may have different ways.

Molly
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #227  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Fantastic, you are doing SO good!

Welcome to an amazing board with even more amazing women!

It's 3:15 am and it's just not possible to get any sleep here ion the hospital. As soon as the morning shift happens I have to go home and get some sleep. Hope you all are sleeping well in your comfy beds (says a very jealous me).
Hang in there, Dana. I have spent the night at the hospital with my hubby on a number of occasions, after various orthopedic surgeries, just to make sure he was getting regular shots from the morphine pump. I just can't understand how they expect anyone to get any rest in a hospital!

I will continue to keep you and your hubby in my thoughts!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

thanks Molly! Will try
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #229  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I saw someone made a post something like my problem at the end of the day on one of the daily threads, so I don't know if anyone saw it to answer. Perhaps someone on this thread can help.

This past week I have had joint pain in my hips at night. First one hip, now both. Makes it hard to go back to sleep after my 2am stumble to the bathroom. I take all my supplements, but do you think I need more of something in particular?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I saw someone made a post something like my problem at the end of the day on one of the daily threads, so I don't know if anyone saw it to answer. Perhaps someone on this thread can help.

This past week I have had joint pain in my hips at night. First one hip, now both. Makes it hard to go back to sleep after my 2am stumble to the bathroom. I take all my supplements, but do you think I need more of something in particular?
I had the same problem about a month or so into the program. I thought it was because I stopped taking my MSM/glucosamine and Kaprex supplements. I added an extra potassium several times a week, and now it seems to be OK. (I'm no longer taking the extra potassium)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #231  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Super. I'll try extra potassium then. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
I had the same problem about a month or so into the program. I thought it was because I stopped taking my MSM/glucosamine and Kaprex supplements. I added an extra potassium several times a week, and now it seems to be OK. (I'm no longer taking the extra potassium)
I've been having sore hips too! Maybe I'll try the extra potassium as well. Did you have to stay on the extra dosage for long?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Hi Dana! So good to hear your DH is doing so well. I was just checking In and saw your post.

My mom broke her hip earlier in the week, and had surgery to repair it. I drove from Billings to Missoula yesterday to see her, which is a 5 hour drive. Thankfully she is doing pretty well, but is more confused than normal. She kept wanting to get out of bed.

It is so much harder to stay on p4 than p1 when i travel? I brought my own food, but my schedule is off, and I am exhausted. Even as I write this it is 4 a.m., and I can't sleep.
I think will go back on p1 when I get back home on Sunday.
How old is your mom Cindy? My mom is 88 and had a fall last weekend. Luckily she had been moved to assisted living before this happened so she was discovered immediately. thankfully she didn't break anything but she had to spend a couple of nights in the hospital because her blood pressure went skyhigh after the fall. She has confusion also.

I hope things go well for your mom.
I find phase 1 very handy when things get hectic too. I always have packages on hand to go back to phase 1 when life gets out of control.

Last edited by patns; 10-12-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
I've been having sore hips too! Maybe I'll try the extra potassium as well. Did you have to stay on the extra dosage for long?
Hi Minch, you had asked me a question about goal weight earlier this week. I haven't had much time to post lately so wanted to get back to you.

First though I was excited to see you are from NB. I am originally from Nova Scotia. I have most of my family back there so go back several times a year.

My goal weight is still a puzzle to me. My doctor wants me to be at the top end of the healthy weight range. He says research shows that people in that range live the longest. He also says as we get older in order to have a little ""heft"" in case a health issue comes up and you lose weight with it.
So at 130 I am just in the healthy range. I did manage to get down to that at the end of March. I wanted to get down to 125 to give me leeway to have a bit of a break on holidays and vacations etc. But on phase 1 from end of March till end of May I could not budge of as much as another ounce.
So I phased off over June.
Then I had my first 'fun''meals beginning of July and the five pounds they say will come back did immediately.
I have been up and down between 133 and 135 all summer. I still would like to be consistently below 130 so all my size 8 pants would fit and i would be in the healthy weight range.
All of my statistics on my omron scale look pretty good including belly fat but my overall fat % is still is high.
I am really bad about exercise and need to get into resistance exercise. But with my hectic work schedule and very long commute it just isn't going to happen until I can retire.

I am 65 and have been overweight all my life. I really have to totally watch every carb I eat. Also the omron scale tells me to maintain I need 1200 calories a day.So between the lower calories and carbs my day to day eating will always have to be very close to how I ate in phase 1, which is OK as I am able to add some fruit back which is what I missed the most.

So what an ideal weight is will likely be something I will be negotiating with myself all my life.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-12-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #235  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Sending support to those with family who are healing. that was a great funny today Rainbow.

I made a mini goal this week. I now have less than 100 lbs to go. Looking at my charts and tracking, the next goal is the 1/2 way mark, then 100 lbs gone. I'm looking forward to the next photo date on the 26th. I personally don't see much happening in the mirror, but the numbers on the scale seem to be moving in the right direction.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Hi Minch, you had asked me a question about goal weight earlier this week. I haven't had much time to post lately so wanted to get back to you.

First though I was excited to see you are from NB. I am originally from Nova Scotia. I have most of my family back there so go back several times a year.

My goal weight is still a puzzle to me. My doctor wants me to be at the top end of the healthy weight range. He says research shows that people in that range live the longest. He also says as we get older in order to have a little ""heft"" in case a health issue comes up and you lose weight with it.
So at 130 I am just in the healthy range. I did manage to get down to that at the end of March. I wanted to get down to 125 to give me leeway to have a bit of a break on holidays and vacations etc. But on phase 1 from end of March till end of May I could not budge of as much as another ounce.
So I phased off over June.
Then I had my first 'fun''meals beginning of July and the five pounds they say will come back did immediately.
I have been up and down between 133 and 135 all summer. I still would like to be consistently below 130 so all my size 8 pants would fit and i would be in the healthy weight range.
All of my statistics on my omron scale look pretty good including belly fat but my overall fat % is still is high.
I am really bad about exercise and need to get into resistance exercise. But with my hectic work schedule and very long commute it just isn't going to happen until I can retire.

I am 65 and have been overweight all my life. I really have to totally watch every carb I eat. Also the omron scale tells me to maintain I need 1200 calories a day.So between the lower calories and carbs my day to day eating will always have to be very close to how I ate in phase 1, which is OK as I am able to add some fruit back which is what I missed the most.

So what an ideal weight is will likely be something I will be negotiating with myself all my life.

Pat
A Maritime girl! Thanks so much for introducing yourself and giving me such great detailed information. I will certainly heed the "warnings" once I reach my goal. I agree with what your doctor tells you also. I think the higher end of the scale is healthier when you enter your senior years.

I met my 1st mini-goal today! My 1st 10 pounds are GONE and in only 18 days! I haven't been able to lose 10 pounds in quite a few years so believe me, it's reason to celebrate! So far, IP is working just great for me. I hope it's what they say it is...my last diet!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #237  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone! Best wishes to those healing!

Another cool day in the Windy City, fall is here to stay, winter is around the corner. Today is yard work to get ready for winter. Lawn furniture, planters, hoses all into the shed until next Spring, the sure sign that snow will be here soon. Although they are saying that we are supposed to have a mild winter. What exactly is mild in Chicago?

Found the best shredder for zucchini spaghetti at Burlington Coat factory in the housewares dept. made by Zyliss. Looks exactly like a potato peeler but it julienne's instead. Came in a set of 3 with a hard peeler, julienne and soft peeler and they all snap together for storage. Works like a charm and it was only $3 for set.

Well everyone have a great day today!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #238  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Sending support to those with family who are healing. that was a great funny today Rainbow.

I made a mini goal this week. I now have less than 100 lbs to go. Looking at my charts and tracking, the next goal is the 1/2 way mark, then 100 lbs gone. I'm looking forward to the next photo date on the 26th. I personally don't see much happening in the mirror, but the numbers on the scale seem to be moving in the right direction.
happy you made a mini goal!!! way to go! you are really doing well with your weight loss journey!! look at how dedicated you are!! can't wait for your new photo!!! keep up the great work, you look FABULOUS DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #239  
started IP 7/17/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

Way to go, Halfagain! For some reason, I think it's harder for us to see the loss in ourselves than it is for others... I can definitely see it in your photos!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #240  
started IP 7/17/2012

Saw some discussion about weight goal here... I have set my goal at 150 - I am 5'3.25" as of my last Dr. visit (I am shrinking!). However, I plan to adjust as I get closer, based on my body fat %. I am thinking I definitely want to be at 30% or perhaps a little less. I do not want to be lower than 25% for sure. I think a little fat smooths out the wrinkles as we get older!!
Closed Thread