Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Well I thought I should finally post here since I'm 54.Everyone is so motivating I need to keep reading the boards. I hope I can stick with it.
Your new photo is just amazing! You look gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

WELCOME to a terrific thread!! your new avatar is GORGEOUS!!! you have done so well on this protocol!!! and never you mind about the 54 honey....50 is the NEW 30'S!!! EVEN BETTER!! WOOHOOO!!!

WE ARE IN THE PRIME OF OUR LIVES!!!
and DON'T WE KNOW IT!!
Rainbow,
I love your positive nature, enthusiasm and recipes!!!

Are the chocolate soy puffs covered in a chocolate coating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I've missed y'all! Heading to the San Francisco airport right now to catch our flight back to Austin. It was a great, but short trip home. It was one long BIG NSV for me all weekend. The majority of the people have not seen me for 95 pounds and they either didn't regonize me at first or they couldn't stop gushing over me. I have never done well with compliments, so while it made me feel really good, I was also somewhat uncomfortable too. One thing I'm wondering is even if the scale doesn't move, how much does our body continue to change? Some of my family I saw this past June, and I haven't lost weight since then, but everyone said how much thinner I looked since the last time I saw them. None of them believed me when I said I weigh the same. Anyway, it was a fun weekend with friends and family and my nephew did an awesome job during the Bar Mitzvah service. Now it's time to head home. Almost forgot to mention that today is my 29th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately no romantic dinner for us tonight unless American Airlines has something planned for us which I doubt. Now off to read the thread and see what I've missed.
Way to go! You must have just floated through the Bar Mitzvah! Yes, I think our bodies continue to change even though the scale doesn't move at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
I have not been feeling good and feeling depressed. My ankle still hurts so bad, my knee makes it hard to walk, my hands hurt really bad all the time and WORST OF ALL, the scale hasn't been moving! LOL. OK, that was my pity party. I went on my version of boot camp and wow, i'm finally down two pounds.

I owe special thanks to Rainbowsmiles. When I am in pain and feeling sorry for myself (like now) I self medicate with chocolate. I would not have made it through the last few weeks without your Chocolate Amaretto Cake, I've made it three times!! I'm still in pain, but I'm lighter and I have a smile on my face. Thanks Rainbow.
I'm sorry you were feeling badly. Hope you are better now.

All,
I'm reading up on Vol 4, I am waaaayyy behind, only up to 10/3/12 so sorry if this post seems like it should have been sent a long time ago, it should have (LOL!). I have been away for a few reasons, travel being the primary reason but also have strayed from IP and now back.

Today is Day 1 for me. Really need to focus and just get through the first week, so will be on here as much as I realistically can. I'm so close to finishing this, and this is what has happened in the past. I get close to my goal and just let go.

It's wonderful to see the new photos of folks. And the losses and NSVs!! SO MUCH GOOD NEWS HERE!

Chloe
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #257  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
I'm wondering if any of you on this thread have found it hard to lose weight post-50? I've tried so many diets in the last few years (I'm 58 now) and haven't had any success but I'm really happy to report I lost over 5 pounds on my first week of my alternative IP plan! I started on the plan on September 24 and I just joined 3FC today so I'm hoping to learn so much from your experiences and look forward to "getting to know you" here online. Best of luck to you all and thanks for being here!
Welcome Minch!

I've now read posts up to 10-9-12, and I'm smiling broadly. Molly is in onederland and everyone's congratulatory posts, filled with fun characters is so uplifting!!! It is such a delight to take in all the good vibes here! Love you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
Can I join in here?

I turn 50 within the year. I have 8 children. I recently had a saliva test done. I found that I had post-menopausal estrogen and progesterone, low T3 and T4, and my adrenals are a mess.

I just started IP as well as thyroid meds, estrogen, progesterone, and cortisone for the adrenal issue. I have lost 55 pounds due to clean eating and exercise, but I am on strict no-exercise order, hence the IP.
Welcome to our merry group!! 8 kids? Oh my!! God bless you.

I have all of the above, am on HRT and thyroid meds, doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

pizzaz

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

Molly
oh molly....such good news!!

please try to find the courage to embrace this moment!! i do understand though...as sometimes the anticipation is more exciting that achieving the actual goal.

if i was there i'd shower you with confetti
and balloons
throw a parade in your honor and
have you ride on the queens float!!!

so very very very proud of you molly!!!
Once again, I love all the loving accolades here for Molly!!

Molly,
You deserve every one of them and a hundred times more. You have also been my friend on this journey, we're of the same vintage. I'm so proud of you!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #258  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
By the time I get to my 150 goal, I'll have lost 60 lbs total. So far the worst hanging skin area is the underarms. I'm hoping exercise and time will help that somewhat. I'm also massaging argan oil and a elastin/collagen cream into my arms in the hopes that it helps. We'll see.

After some serious self reflection last Friday, I decided to hang tough, and ordered more IP-appropriate food items - enough for another two months or so. And I was pretty good with my eating over our Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend - not 100%, but pretty good. And yesterday I was back to 100% Phase 1 again. And - I had a moment of validation this am - weight in day - when my scale finally showed 169.0. So - I'm finally into the 160s!! That has certainly reinforced my decision to keep hanging as tough as I can and keep forging forward.

We can do this!
Evepet,
I'm glad you've stayed the course! Congrats on the 160's!!

Quote:
Well I'm happy to post so far so good. The surgery was shorter than anticipated because the surgeon said it went textbook perfect, no surprises once they got inside the heart. Right now DH is in ICU and they were already able to remove him from the vent. He is of course in a lot of pain, but the nurse is trying to keep ahead of it. The nurse said they find the younger the patient the worse the pain can be be because of the amount of chest muscle they have to cut through. She said older patients don't have that much muscle generally. And while we are both in our mid 50's, in the heart hospital we look like spring chickens.

Thank you all once again for your prayers and good wishes. They worked!
Dana,
As I've been reading through my backlog of posts, it was your DH and you that I was most concerned about. I am so glad to hear the surgery went well!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #259  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Chloe

Know you're catching up. It sure is good to see you back. When you've been on for months and months like I have, you see people come and go. Some go and you feel you've lost a good friend. So glad you didn't totally fade away. Miss all your research and recommendations.

Molly

P.S. Out of town so no WI this week.

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 10-15-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #260  
Started IP 3/26/12

Hi everyone. I just wanted to drop in and say 'Hi!' to everyone... no big news from my end.

I met a couple of relatives unexpectedly for lunch, and ended up ordering the meatloaf and veggie plate. No potato/bread or anything off program. As a result of that and the need to run errands all afternoon, I haven't gotten my water in - I'm sitting here with my third bottle of water right now, trying to get caught up.

Had a nice NSV late this am while getting ready to go meet my relatives for lunch - a sweater that I haven't worn in quite a few years went on very nicely today - much flatter over the tummy area. It was also gratifying to have my relatives admiring how much slimmer I'm looking, although they seemed to find it hard to believe that I needed to lose 40 lbs ... and they were wondering why I feel that I still want to lose more. I mentioned that my Dr. thinks I should aim for at least another 10-15lbs, and that stopped their comments. I can see that I'm going to start getting those comments now, as I've slimmed down considerably.

Dana - it's so good to hear that you and hubby are home and things (in all respects) are progressing well.

Chloe222 - good to see you back here again. Hope you had a great trip.

When I got home from errands this pm, there was a notice from the post office that I have a parcel to pick up. They must have tried to deliver my last order from Proteinwell.ca while I was out. I'll go pick it up tomorrow, and it will be good to have a nice variety of soups and puddings in supply again.

Cheers for now.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #261  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good (early) morning! I'm back home as of last night, exhausted, yet couldn't sleep. Been up since before 4 The road trip to LA went pretty well, & loved spending the time with my 6 yr old granddaughter! She is such a great kid. Left home Tues. morning, spent 2 nights in hotels, then drove 25 hrs straight from Thurs @ 6 am to Fri @ 7 am, with brief stops for fuel, food, & potty breaks, plus one long stop stuck in traffic. The wedding & reception went off without a hitch & we had a fabulous time! Will have to wait for pics from others as somehow one of the settings on our camera got changed & we didn't notice it until we got home yesterday

Lots of people complimented me on my weight loss, some to the point of embarrassing me...
I actually had an easier time eating properly while on the road than I did Fri, Sat & Sun. Never cheated, but didn't get all the veggies in, missed some supplements, totally missed evoo & salt for 2 or 3 days, & couldn't stay on schedule. But only gained 1 lb in those 6 days, so am happy. Official WI is Thurs, & hope to be down a couple of lbs by then.

Dana - so glad your DH's surgery went well, and that he's on the road to recovery.
Cindy - hope your mom is feeling better after her fall.
Halfagain - WTG! Those mini-goals are so important, and cause for celebration!
Jampooh - Welcome to the Fab 50s & to IP! I'm between Grayling & Gaylord, & go to the clinic in Elk Rapids. Where are you & your sister?
Congratulations to those that have posted losses in the last week!

Since I'm up I ought to do some exercises before getting ready for work. Have a great day!
Sounds like you need a little holiday to get rested up! Glad that everything went off well. Hope you have a restful night tonight.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Just wanted to say IM IN ONDERLAND 4 lb loss this week, YIPPIE!
Yesmyqueen,
CONGRATS on the onederland!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
First time post on Fab at 50+. Posted on 1st WI Wed. Lost 11# and 5in all around. So far so good with IP. Reading all the posts has helped. Also doing the plan with my sister, since we live together has made it even easier.
I work midnights as a nurse and that is a challenge. I am moving to afternoon shift at the end of the month. That will be better.
Welcome to our merry band! This is such a wonderful group of people, who will support you totally. Really amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Super. I'll try extra potassium then. Thanks!
Fishette,
It's been a few days since you posted you would be upping the potassium. How is it working? I also get sporadic pain in my hips and a Rolfing therapist told me I had incredibly tight hip joints and that was my particular problem. So he'd work on them and I'd feel great for a few days and then it would come back. Wondering if extra potassium would help. Maybe magnesium too? Believe magnesium is a relaxant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I made a mini goal this week. I now have less than 100 lbs to go. Looking at my charts and tracking, the next goal is the 1/2 way mark, then 100 lbs gone. I'm looking forward to the next photo date on the 26th. I personally don't see much happening in the mirror, but the numbers on the scale seem to be moving in the right direction.
CONGRATS on achieving the mini goal!!! I look forward to your next picture, I bet you are looking dynamite!

Quote:
Sorry I missed yesterday, but happy to report hubby is home today and doing really well. Of course he's still in pain and really tired, but still hard to believe that just three days ago he underwent open heart surgery. He's a testament to the marvels of modern medicine, and for keeping one's self healthy and at a healthy weight. The doctors said he wouldn't have done nearly as well as he did if he wasn't already in good shape and at a healthy weight. Now our daughter just has to go into the family doctor and get a baseline EKG to see if she shows any signs of this genetic disorder. Hopefully in this case she takes after my side.

So back on IP tomorrow, no more excuses! And now off to see what I missed here yesterday. Hugs to ALL of you....
Dana,
Glad you and DH are doing well! Fingers crossed your DD doesn't have the genetic disorder but at least if she does, she'll be forwarned and can take precautions. The miracle of modern medicine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Bump!

Can't let Dana come back and find us on page 2! No way, no how!
LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I finally got my "Lily fix" this weekend. I changed my avatar to a recent photo. She is like a new baby after her surgery last week. Now I feel so much better! Thanks for letting me share...
Fishette,
Lily is such a pretty girl! Glad to hear all is well with her (and you too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzzieDee View Post
Hi Everyone;

I would love to join this group, I turned 50 last year and although I love getting older I do find the slow weight loss somewhat frustrating.

Diane
Hi Diane,
WELCOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Chloe

Know you're catching up. It sure is good to see you back. When you've been on for months and months like I have, you see people come and go. Some go and you feel you've lost a good friend. So glad you didn't totally fade away. Miss all your research and recommendations.

Molly

P.S. Out of town so no WI this week.
Hi Molly,
Yes, gf, I'm back and need you guys more than ever. Having a tough time getting rebooted. Today is day 1 and at 9:10 pm, I have been 100% OP, in boot camp style. Really want to do boot camp till Saturday to get myself going.

I agree, having been on IP and 3FC for so long, its sad when people just fade away. I feel like we were part of the same "freshman class" and grew up together. I'm grateful for our friendship.

This particular thread also fosters a similar kinship. All of you, you wonderful Fab 50+'ers, here's to us, our special friendship and our success, health and happiness!

Last edited by Chloe222; 10-15-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #263  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Fishette,
It's been a few days since you posted you would be upping the potassium. How is it working? I also get sporadic pain in my hips and a Rolfing therapist told me I had incredibly tight hip joints and that was my particular problem. So he'd work on them and I'd feel great for a few days and then it would come back. Wondering if extra potassium would help. Maybe magnesium too? Believe magnesium is a relaxant.
Chloe- I found that the potassium has really made a difference. First I started eating cauliflower as my veggie in the evening, and I did not have joint pain in my hips those evenings. Next I forgot about it and the pain was back. Now I have moved the potassium supplement to the evening about an hour before bed and the pain is gone. It is such a relief because my mom has had both hips replaced and I was afraid that was going to be in my near future. So happy that something like potassium could make so much difference.

I think the only thing magnesium does for me is "relaxing" the intestines!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #264  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzzieDee View Post
Hi Everyone;

I would love to join this group, I turned 50 last year and although I love getting older I do find the slow weight loss somewhat frustrating.

Diane
Welcome Diane. This is a great group of women and we are so happy you joined us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
:
Dana, so happy your DH is doing so well and good for you right back in the swing.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Way to go! You must have just floated through the Bar Mitzvah! Yes, I think our bodies continue to change even though the scale doesn't move at times.
All,
I'm reading up on Vol 4, I am waaaayyy behind, only up to 10/3/12 so sorry if this post seems like it should have been sent a long time ago, it should have (LOL!). I have been away for a few reasons, travel being the primary reason but also have strayed from IP and now back.

Today is Day 1 for me. Really need to focus and just get through the first week, so will be on here as much as I realistically can. I'm so close to finishing this, and this is what has happened in the past. I get close to my goal and just let go.

It's wonderful to see the new photos of folks. And the losses and NSVs!! SO MUCH GOOD NEWS HERE!

Chloe
I was hoping you would be back. So happy to see you. You have been greatly missed.

Quote:
Evepet,
Dana,
As I've been reading through my backlog of posts, it was your DH and you that I was most concerned about. I am so glad to hear the surgery went well!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone. I just wanted to drop in and say 'Hi!' to everyone... no big news from my end.

I met a couple of relatives unexpectedly for lunch, and ended up ordering the meatloaf and veggie plate. No potato/bread or anything off program. As a result of that and the need to run errands all afternoon, I haven't gotten my water in - I'm sitting here with my third bottle of water right now, trying to get caught up.

Had a nice NSV late this am while getting ready to go meet my relatives for lunch - a sweater that I haven't worn in quite a few years went on very nicely today - much flatter over the tummy area. It was also gratifying to have my relatives admiring how much slimmer I'm looking, although they seemed to find it hard to believe that I needed to lose 40 lbs ... and they were wondering why I feel that I still want to lose more. I mentioned that my Dr. thinks I should aim for at least another 10-15lbs, and that stopped their comments. I can see that I'm going to start getting those comments now, as I've slimmed down considerably.

Dana - it's so good to hear that you and hubby are home and things (in all respects) are progressing well.

Chloe222 - good to see you back here again. Hope you had a great trip.

When I got home from errands this pm, there was a notice from the post office that I have a parcel to pick up. They must have tried to deliver my last order from Proteinwell.ca while I was out. I'll go pick it up tomorrow, and it will be good to have a nice variety of soups and puddings in supply again.
Cheers for now.
Nothing better than a good NSV. When I was back in CA last month a lot of people questioned me when I said I wanted to lose at least another 20 pounds. On one hand it's nice that people think you look good, but I also know that this time in the diet can be dangerous too. I also have always stopped just short of goal. this time I just want to finish what I started once and for all.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

I have been quiet for a few days. The weekend was emotional, as my daughters family moved out of country for a job. The sweet 20 month old (and his parents) lived with us for 3 months, while getting ready. My life is not chaotic anymore, but my heart is kind of empty. I also gained a couple pounds from a phased off vacation. Sigh. Just trying to clean up, do laundry, de-clutter, you know. I'll be back in the swing of things...soon. I am 100% on program, but I'm just sad. I'm just a chick-flick kind of girl!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 255/234/150

Height: 5' 4'

Hey Dana we are neighbors. I live close to Austin, drive there for work. The ladies that exercise how many times a week do you workout. Do you eat more protein or have a extra IP pack on those days?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Hi dizzyjean, what an adorable grandchild, I cannot imagine how hard that would be. You should get a chick flick out and have a good cry, tht always makes me feel better! Hope your days are better up ahead!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Morning

Hi Everyone'

Thanks for the cordial welcome.....I am off to walk the dogs and this afternoon I will do 30 minutes on my treadmill as its suppose to be very windy. Must remember to get my water in!!

Have a great day gorgeous ladies!!

Diane
Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #269  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Dizzyjean - What a fabulous pic of you & your DGS! He's a doll, and you look AWESOME!! Hopefully you and the kids will be able to skype or some such fairly often. I know how hard it is to have grandkids far away.

Good morning all: am slowly getting caught up on my sleep; another night or two like last night & I should be back to normal. It has been pretty cold here lately...freezing at night, 50s during the day. Rain stopped for a few hours, but supposed to be back later today.

My scales showed that I lost the 1 lb that I'd gained over the last week - Yay! lol Now to have another one or two disappear before official WI on Thursday. I'm hoping to start phasing off in the next month or so. (Knocking on wood now that I actually reach my goal by then!)

I too have had pain in my hips recently. Before starting IP I had chronic pain in my hips, legs, & feet, but it has all gone away for the most part since starting IP. Am hoping it won't come back as I get into maintenance and stop taking so many supplements.

AuzzieDee - Welcome to our thread!

Chloe222 - Glad to see you back and re-dedicated to reaching your goal. It IS harder to stay focused when getting close to goal, but you can do it!

Break time is over, so need to get back at it. Have a great OP day!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #270  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Greeniris: way to go on losing that pound!! you are one strong woman!!

Auzzie have fun walking the dogs!!

bluejewel: i'm with you, a good chick flick will make the tears come out and makes you feel all better!!

mellop: on the days i do extra work i personally always have an extra packet. some ladies do, and some others do not...try and see if it works for you

dizzy: love your photo...question, why are you hiding that gorgeous body under that long tunic gf!! YOU ARE HOT!! show off that new body!!! i agree with greeniris, skype or make a pall call once a week on a scheduled time...thats what i do with mum and dad, we talk every week and it seems to make the time pass faster until i am back in england visiting again.

dana: YOU CAN DO IT!! i have been slacking the last 2 weeks. haven't gained but haven't lost either. we can do this!!! we are smart women!!! haha at least YOU are!! haha

chloe: so good to see you back!!!!! how have you been dear?

fishette: so glad those potassium pills help!! i deal with arthritis and some days just put me in tears.

evepet: omg...way to go on that nsv and your sweater!! its so much fun to find clothes stuffed in the back of the closet that now fit!! i had on a top yesterday and my dh said, oh you have a new top?? and i laughed and said, well... no, i have a new me and the top just fits now!! haha

molly: where are you sweet cheeks???? how was the nc trip to the car show???

halfagain,
capecod,
lizzy,
pooh,
usta,
lisa,
hockeymom

....everyone.....have a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-16-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Closed Thread