Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
I was wondering if any of you beautiful ladies who have lost a lot of weight are having trouble with any excess skin? I'm worried when I reach my goal there will be unsightly hanging skin as I'm getting older as I have about 75 lbs to lose.
Our stats are the same! I started at 204 and am 5'1". It actually took 10 years to get from 205 to 161 and then I lost the rest on IP. I do have some loose skin, but it is settling down some. It is around my middle as I am a total apple shape. But clothes hide it. If I were younger and richer I'd have a tummy tuck, but the skin propblem is nothing compared to the huge spare tires I had around my middle at 205.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Dana, I will be thinking of you and your hubby tomorrow. It will be a very long and anxious time for you but I know at the end of the day you will be a very relieved lady.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-10-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #183  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I'm thinking of you Dana and your husband. Sending the positive vibes your way. Molly, Congratulations on onederland! It's a milestone for sure :-)
Wow so many posts I would like to respond to, you are all so inspiring. Grand babies, trips, working thru unexpected happenings, and yah even some weight loss.. we do it all. Congrats to all you inspiring people.

I made some Knox gelatin with lemon Mio in it last night. I guess I made finger jello (jigglers), as it's pretty stiff. That's okay, I haven't had jello in years, and it was pretty good! I have some protein lemon drink - or even the fuzzy navel mix might be good made as jello now and then.

Funny how we (or at least I) get into ruts with my food routine. For a while I was all about pancakes every morning, then got burned out and it was RTD shakes for a couple weeks. I was just not ready for another RTD this morning when it hit me.... "Pancakes!" hahaha I had to use my cheesecake dessert as pancakes, I just couldn't take it as cheesecake - nasty stuff texture wise. I loved it licking off the spoon making it, but let it set up and I had to pitch it out. Ah well, it made good pancakes.. I think i have a package or two left, I might try making it thinner as a shake possibly.

I darn near burned boiled eggs a couple days ago. I got busy on a work project and totally forgot I had put them on to boil. They were brown colored on the white.. ewwww.. I know tmi. They got pitched out after I tried one of them. Anyway lesson learned to set a reminder alarm instead of trusting I'll remember on my own.

Keep the focus!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Thinking of you Dana. Positive thoughts!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Patns: Thanks for your comments! It's so great to have someone here with the same stats as mine. It looks like you're very close to your goal of 130...that's SO wonderful! Congratulations on your success!

I'm not even sure if 130 is the right goal for me at my build and age, etc. Do you think it's a good "landing place" for our height? I was thinking when I get close to it I could always adjust where I'd feel comfortable. Any comments on that?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

I enjoy seeing all your faces when I read your posts so I decided to change my avatar to my face. Seems a lot more personal, doesn't it?

Have a great day, all you Fabulous 50's! Let's stay focused today and see the results!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #187  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! Dana prayers are with you and your husband this morning..positive thinking. MOLLY!!! You have done great..onederland is such a great accomplishment.

On my way out the door so I wanted to wish everyone who posted in the last few days a wonderful Wednesday! Wish I could name all of you but my 55 year old brain is not working this morning.

Cheers!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #188  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Our stats are the same! I started at 204 and am 5'1". It actually took 10 years to get from 205 to 161 and then I lost the rest on IP. I do have some loose skin, but it is settling down some. It is around my middle as I am a total apple shape. But clothes hide it. If I were younger and richer I'd have a tummy tuck, but the skin propblem is nothing compared to the huge spare tires I had around my middle at 205.
My starting weight, goal weight, and height are also pretty much the same. Congrats, Pat, for getting there! It must feel great! I think the lowest weight I have been since I was first marrired was the 150s. I don't think I've seen the 130s since I was in my early 20s.

Right now I'm in the low 160s and I feel great! But I want to experience being in the ideal weight range for my height. I'll probably have loose skin, but hopefully it will disappear with exercise and time. I'm most concerned about the arms and I think weights will work that off.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #189  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Molly!!!! ONEDERLAND!!! Congratulations I know you can't literally jump up & down, so I'm doing it for you!! Try not to be scared - it is another milestone on your journey, & even if you do plateau for a while, the numbers will continue going down if you stay OP. You WILL reach your goal my friend!

Lizzy - you are doing great!

dizzyjean - what a great adventure for your daughter & her family! I know how hard it will be though to not see your DGD for so long...

Well, I leave in a little while to head for Louisianna to pick up my own DGD. Will stay tonight in southern IN, then hope to be in Lake Charles Wednesday night. Thursday is the really loooong day - pick her up at 6 a.m. and drive all the way back to MI. Am guessing it will be very early Friday a.m. (if we can make it that long) when we get her to her daddy. Will depend on my mom's riding stamina. Not sure how much I'll be able to check in for the next week, but know I'm thinking of you all. (Especially you Dana - sending warm thoughts and strength to you & your DH.)

Have a great week!

Cindy
Safe trip Cindy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your granddaughter and at the wedding.

Thank you.

You're welcome and congrats on a great weight loss this week.

The doctor ended up putting DH in the hospital today since he wanted to run one more test before the surgery tomorrow morning. It sure is nice to be in a hospital were the staff is friendly and so helpful. I'll keep you all posted how tomorrow goes. Thank you all so much for all of the well wishes and positive thoughts. What a great bunch of wonderful caring women. I'm very lucky to be able to call all of you friends.
You've lots of folks here thinking of you and hubby today Dana. We're all sending lots of positive energy your way.

Quote:
I was wondering if any of you beautiful ladies who have lost a lot of weight are having trouble with any excess skin? I'm worried when I reach my goal there will be unsightly hanging skin as I'm getting older as I have about 75 lbs to lose.
By the time I get to my 150 goal, I'll have lost 60 lbs total. So far the worst hanging skin area is the underarms. I'm hoping exercise and time will help that somewhat. I'm also massaging argan oil and a elastin/collagen cream into my arms in the hopes that it helps. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I'm thinking of you Dana and your husband. Sending the positive vibes your way. Molly, Congratulations on onederland! It's a milestone for sure :-)
Wow so many posts I would like to respond to, you are all so inspiring. Grand babies, trips, working thru unexpected happenings, and yah even some weight loss.. we do it all. Congrats to all you inspiring people.

I made some Knox gelatin with lemon Mio in it last night. I guess I made finger jello (jigglers), as it's pretty stiff. That's okay, I haven't had jello in years, and it was pretty good! I have some protein lemon drink - or even the fuzzy navel mix might be good made as jello now and then.

Funny how we (or at least I) get into ruts with my food routine. For a while I was all about pancakes every morning, then got burned out and it was RTD shakes for a couple weeks. I was just not ready for another RTD this morning when it hit me.... "Pancakes!" hahaha I had to use my cheesecake dessert as pancakes, I just couldn't take it as cheesecake - nasty stuff texture wise. I loved it licking off the spoon making it, but let it set up and I had to pitch it out. Ah well, it made good pancakes.. I think i have a package or two left, I might try making it thinner as a shake possibly.

I darn near burned boiled eggs a couple days ago. I got busy on a work project and totally forgot I had put them on to boil. They were brown colored on the white.. ewwww.. I know tmi. They got pitched out after I tried one of them. Anyway lesson learned to set a reminder alarm instead of trusting I'll remember on my own.

Keep the focus!
I was in jello making mode last evening too. I also like to add about 1/4 cup of egg whites to the jello once it's just freshly 'set' and whip it thoroughly. Creates a nice, frothy, light dessert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
My starting weight, goal weight, and height are also pretty much the same. Congrats, Pat, for getting there! It must feel great! I think the lowest weight I have been since I was first marrired was the 150s. I don't think I've seen the 130s since I was in my early 20s.

Right now I'm in the low 160s and I feel great! But I want to experience being in the ideal weight range for my height. I'll probably have loose skin, but hopefully it will disappear with exercise and time. I'm most concerned about the arms and I think weights will work that off.
You're doing fantastic Joysh. You've got a lovely hour-glass shaped figure.

_______

'Morning everyone. I've not been posting here as much lately... have to admit that my mood has been off a bit, what with the back problem and the weight loss plateau. Have had to give myself several 'talking-tos' and keep my head focused. Also, I've just within the past 3 weeks or so started experiencing more severe hair loss which has bothered me... and also the hot flashes caused by the estrogen being released from my fat cells have been bothering me much more lately. All in all, this past month has been especially rough going... at times I have been quite tempted take a break and just concentrate on maintaining for the present - or switch to the Dukan Diet or some other version of low carb for a while for a change of pace.

After some serious self reflection last Friday, I decided to hang tough, and ordered more IP-appropriate food items - enough for another two months or so. And I was pretty good with my eating over our Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend - not 100%, but pretty good. And yesterday I was back to 100% Phase 1 again. And - I had a moment of validation this am - weight in day - when my scale finally showed 169.0. So - I'm finally into the 160s!! That has certainly reinforced my decision to keep hanging as tough as I can and keep forging forward.

We can do this!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #190  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Sending good wishes to Dana and hubby today!

Joysh - Congrats on reaching 40 pounds - hope to join you in a couple of weeks. (No weigh in next week - off to visit my baby sister.)

Evepet - Stay strong! You can do this! We are all in it with you!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello everyone, this has been a lot of posts to catch up on and just want to say welcome to our new folks, and all you travelers be careful, and all you grandmas(I'm jealous) hope you enjoyed and enjoy them, and Dana were all here for your and your DH, and most of all you FAB IP ladies keep on trucking! Teena
Old 10-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Patns: Thanks for your comments! It's so great to have someone here with the same stats as mine. It looks like you're very close to your goal of 130...that's SO wonderful! Congratulations on your success!

I'm not even sure if 130 is the right goal for me at my build and age, etc. Do you think it's a good "landing place" for our height? I was thinking when I get close to it I could always adjust where I'd feel comfortable. Any comments on that?
I am 5' 2", started at 202, am 159- going down to mid-high 140's. at 53, my doc said I should be between 147-152. I'm close enough that I think that will be just fine, and I should be able to maintain it.
Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #193  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

sending love and prayers to you dana and your dh...please keep us posted when you can....we are all here for you
Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #194  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Well I'm happy to post so far so good. The surgery was shorter than anticipated because the surgeon said it went textbook perfect, no surprises once they got inside the heart. Right now DH is in ICU and they were already able to remove him from the vent. He is of course in a lot of pain, but the nurse is trying to keep ahead of it. The nurse said they find the younger the patient the worse the pain can be be because of the amount of chest muscle they have to cut through. She said older patients don't have that much muscle generally. And while we are both in our mid 50's, in the heart hospital we look like spring chickens.

Thank you all once again for your prayers and good wishes. They worked!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #195  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Well I'm happy to post so far so good. The surgery was shorter than anticipated because the surgeon said it went textbook perfect, no surprises once they got inside the heart. Right now DH is in ICU and they were already able to remove him from the vent. He is of course in a lot of pain, but the nurse is trying to keep ahead of it. The nurse said they find the younger the patient the worse the pain can be be because of the amount of chest muscle they have to cut through. She said older patients don't have that much muscle generally. And while we are both in our mid 50's, in the heart hospital we look like spring chickens.

Thank you all once again for your prayers and good wishes. They worked!
That's great news Dana. I hope both you and hubby are able to have a restful evening/night.
Closed Thread