Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #211  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Just wanted to say IM IN ONDERLAND 4 lb loss this week, YIPPIE!
You just rock with this!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #212  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Great to hear from you Dana. I'm still sending the good thoughts and prayers.
Yesmyqueen, congratulations!
Evepet - thank you for the recommendation on egg white in the jello. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds awesome.
Minch - great photo! Nice to see you!
Welcome to the new people!

I know I'm early but TGIF.. hey it's tomorrow somewhere. Weigh in is tomorrow, looking forward to that. It's been a stressful work week, but I'm in hopes WI will be good for me. Family is still loving the real food meals that IP generates here. Made chicken with veggies and curry spices (I snuck some cayenne pepper in there too!). Everyone is happy. The store had some bakery things on a rocking sale. I bought a package for son, who s-l-o-w-l-y ate two over the last couple days (hubby was out of town). Hubby came home today, I'm so glad he's home. I'm also glad he is helping get rid of those chocolate gut bombs. Whew!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

First time post on Fab at 50+. Posted on 1st WI Wed. Lost 11# and 5in all around. So far so good with IP. Reading all the posts has helped. Also doing the plan with my sister, since we live together has made it even easier.
I work midnights as a nurse and that is a challenge. I am moving to afternoon shift at the end of the month. That will be better.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #214  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Fantastic, you are doing SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
First time post on Fab at 50+. Posted on 1st WI Wed. Lost 11# and 5in all around. So far so good with IP. Reading all the posts has helped. Also doing the plan with my sister, since we live together has made it even easier.
I work midnights as a nurse and that is a challenge. I am moving to afternoon shift at the end of the month. That will be better.
Welcome to an amazing board with even more amazing women!

It's 3:15 am and it's just not possible to get any sleep here ion the hospital. As soon as the morning shift happens I have to go home and get some sleep. Hope you all are sleeping well in your comfy beds (says a very jealous me).
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #215  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning Ladies...Dana if I knew you were up and about I would have logged in sooner and we could have chatted to keep each other awake. Yes, you too need to take care of yourself so get some much needed sleep while you can. Glad your husband is doing well and it will be so much easier for you when he's at home under your watchful eye.

Congrats to Yesmyqueen and jampooh for your losses this week...isn't this plan amazing?

And to my other buddies "thank you so much for the encouragement" I really do appreciate it.

Have a great day ladies...drink that water!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Well I'm happy to post so far so good. The surgery was shorter than anticipated because the surgeon said it went textbook perfect, no surprises once they got inside the heart. Right now DH is in ICU and they were already able to remove him from the vent. He is of course in a lot of pain, but the nurse is trying to keep ahead of it. The nurse said they find the younger the patient the worse the pain can be be because of the amount of chest muscle they have to cut through. She said older patients don't have that much muscle generally. And while we are both in our mid 50's, in the heart hospital we look like spring chickens.

Thank you all once again for your prayers and good wishes. They worked!
Hi Dana! So good to hear your DH is doing so well. I was just checking In and saw your post.

My mom broke her hip earlier in the week, and had surgery to repair it. I drove from Billings to Missoula yesterday to see her, which is a 5 hour drive. Thankfully she is doing pretty well, but is more confused than normal. She kept wanting to get out of bed.

It is so much harder to stay on p4 than p1 when i travel? I brought my own food, but my schedule is off, and I am exhausted. Even as I write this it is 4 a.m., and I can't sleep.
I thinki will go back on p1 when I get back home on Sunday.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #217  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

FRIDAY FUNNIES!!!!

HAPPY FUNNY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

Quote:
I'm here, but just for a minute. I wish I could respond to all of your post today, but I'm only home to check on my son, the dogs, and make sure the house is still standing. DH is doing really well considering what he has been through in the last 24 hours. He was pretty bad when I went over this morning, but they upped the frequency of his pain pills and he had a much better day. I decided, and his surgeon encouraged me to spend the night there tonight because they moved him out of the ICU this afternoon. While it's a great heart hospital and nursing staff, he won't be watched as closely now that he's out of the ICU, and the doctor wants to make sure he stays ahead of the pain, and not let the nursing staff take too long to give him his meds. Another night of not much sleep.

I have to be honest and tell y'all that IP went right out the window on the second day at the hospital. I'm organized, but not that organized. Just trying to keep my head above water and maintain till he is home which I'm hoping will be Saturday or Sunday. Hugs to all of you, and hope to check back in tomorrow sometime.
never you mind about IP right now...just focus on YOU and your DH and taking good care of you both!! So happy that your dh is recovering well. Make sure you get plenty of liquids though...and if possible remember your vitamins and supplements. That will help a little. such good news sure makes me happy on friday!

Quote:
WAY TO GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

I know I'm early but TGIF.. hey it's tomorrow somewhere. Weigh in is tomorrow, looking forward to that. It's been a stressful work week, but I'm in hopes WI will be good for me. Family is still loving the real food meals that IP generates here. Made chicken with veggies and curry spices (I snuck some cayenne pepper in there too!). Everyone is happy. The store had some bakery things on a rocking sale. I bought a package for son, who s-l-o-w-l-y ate two over the last couple days (hubby was out of town). Hubby came home today, I'm so glad he's home. I'm also glad he is helping get rid of those chocolate gut bombs. Whew!
your chicken sounds so good!!! glad its TGIF too!!! sorry you had such a stressful week...hope next week brings peace and harmony!!

Quote:
well well when you do a week one you sure know how to do it right!! 11 pounds is amazing!!!! WAY TO GO!! and welcome to the board...this is a great place to "live" at 3fc!!! BECAUSE WE ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
My mom broke her hip earlier in the week, and had surgery to repair it. I drove from Billings to Missoula yesterday to see her, which is a 5 hour drive. Thankfully she is doing pretty well, but is more confused than normal. She kept wanting to get out of bed.

It is so much harder to stay on p4 than p1 when i travel? I brought my own food, but my schedule is off, and I am exhausted. Even as I write this it is 4 a.m., and I can't sleep.
hi lovely lady!!! sorry to hear about your mum and her broken hip. Thankful she has you to help and good for you for making the drive. I bet the drives across montana are breath taking! It is much harder to stay on plan when traveling, just do your best!! Take care of you and your mum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning Ladies...Dana if I knew you were up and about I would have logged in sooner and we could have chatted to keep each other awake. Yes, you too need to take care of yourself so get some much needed sleep while you can. Glad your husband is doing well and it will be so much easier for you when he's at home under your watchful eye.

Congrats to Yesmyqueen and jampooh for your losses this week...isn't this plan amazing?

And to my other buddies "thank you so much for the encouragement" I really do appreciate it.

Have a great day ladies...drink that water!
happy friday alikay!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #218  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
You just rock with this!
hi beautiful grandmother!!! love the photo of you and your sweet little one!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #219  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Wow, rainbow's up and peppy this AM. That's good to help when downers loom close by. Thanks, gf

So glad to hear from you Dana, sorry it's rough, but things are on a positive note and that's good. Take care.

Also hate to hear about your rough time, Cindy. Hope your mother makes a good recovery.

I know your excitement, yesmyqueen, it was just a few days ago I slipped into onderland. I'm so glad for you.

hi to the newbies joining us. jampooh, you'll find there are a few others on 3FC from Michigan. I'm a part timer having a cottage (soon to be retirement home) south of Houghton Lake. greeniris, who's traveling to get her granddaughter to attend her son's wedding this weekend is from Gaylord. UpNorth Girl who lurks a lot is in Traverse City and there's a couple others.

DH is still working on the Corvair. We really need to leave (regardless of what vehicle we drive) in an hour at the latest. He's bad as time means nothing to him, espeically now being retired. I'm very schedule and process oriented and this drives me crazy.

Hopefully, I have a few minutes this weekend to check in, don't know the schedule yet. Should be beautiful in the North Carolina mountains this weekend.

Oh yeah, right in the middle of this, our drain backed up. Now DH is pulling out the snake and getting to that.

Have a great OP TGIF. Keep my sanity in your thoughts.

Molly
Old 10-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:

glad your joining us, this is the best bunch of the nicest gals, good luck!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
FRIDAY FUNNIES!!!!

hi lovely lady!!! sorry to hear about your mum and her broken hip. Thankful she has you to help and good for you for making the drive. I bet the drives across montana are breath taking! It is much harder to stay on plan when traveling, just do your best!! Take care of you and your mum!!

happy friday alikay!!!
Okay, I love that cartoon! That brightened up my morning.

Yes, the drive across MT was beautiful. Foggy half the way, but once over the first mountain pass the skies opened up and it was super!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #222  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
I'm here, but just for a minute. I wish I could respond to all of your post today, but I'm only home to check on my son, the dogs, and make sure the house is still standing. DH is doing really well considering what he has been through in the last 24 hours. He was pretty bad when I went over this morning, but they upped the frequency of his pain pills and he had a much better day. I decided, and his surgeon encouraged me to spend the night there tonight because they moved him out of the ICU this afternoon. While it's a great heart hospital and nursing staff, he won't be watched as closely now that he's out of the ICU, and the doctor wants to make sure he stays ahead of the pain, and not let the nursing staff take too long to give him his meds. Another night of not much sleep.

I have to be honest and tell y'all that IP went right out the window on the second day at the hospital. I'm organized, but not that organized. Just trying to keep my head above water and maintain till he is home which I'm hoping will be Saturday or Sunday. Hugs to all of you, and hope to check back in tomorrow sometime.
Good to hear from you Dana. And so glad that DH is out of the ICU unit and doing well. Don't worry too much about IP at the point. Just do what you need to do and eat as healthily as possible. I'm sure you'll be back on track as soon as things settle down. Right now you surely don't need the extra stress of worrying about your diet.

Quote:
Congratulations!! Welcome to Onderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I keep running into more and more people at work who have had fabulous success on IP. A guy just yesterday said his wife's weight loss was stalled for nearly a month, so her coach (a chiropractor) said to take one day and just eat. anything and everything she wanted. Then she went back to normal Phase 1 eating. That did the trick and she went back to 1-3 lbs a week.
I'm kind of embarassed to admit it, but that's sort of what happened to me this past week. I 'splurged' a little over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend - was still low carbing, but definitely had a significantly higher calorie and fat intake on Sunday and Monday. I did keep my sugar level very low, and carbs were still reasonable. And while I've been in a stall for the past 3 weeks, I lost a pound this week.

Quote:
Welcome! This is a great and supportive group. It's great that you and your sister are doing this together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Hi Dana! So good to hear your DH is doing so well. I was just checking In and saw your post.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Wow, rainbow's up and peppy this AM. That's good to help when downers loom close by. Thanks, gf

So glad to hear from you Dana, sorry it's rough, but things are on a positive note and that's good. Take care.

Also hate to hear about your rough time, Cindy. Hope your mother makes a good recovery.

I know your excitement, yesmyqueen, it was just a few days ago I slipped into onderland. I'm so glad for you.

hi to the newbies joining us. jampooh, you'll find there are a few others on 3FC from Michigan. I'm a part timer having a cottage (soon to be retirement home) south of Houghton Lake. greeniris, who's traveling to get her granddaughter to attend her son's wedding this weekend is from Gaylord. UpNorth Girl who lurks a lot is in Traverse City and there's a couple others.

DH is still working on the Corvair. We really need to leave (regardless of what vehicle we drive) in an hour at the latest. He's bad as time means nothing to him, espeically now being retired. I'm very schedule and process oriented and this drives me crazy.

Hopefully, I have a few minutes this weekend to check in, don't know the schedule yet. Should be beautiful in the North Carolina mountains this weekend.

Oh yeah, right in the middle of this, our drain backed up. Now DH is pulling out the snake and getting to that.

Have a great OP TGIF. Keep my sanity in your thoughts.

Molly
Safe trip Molly. Keep safe - and sane!

-------------------------

Good morning to everyone. I woke up to a beautifully sunny but cold day. It's supposed to warm up a bit over the weekend, which I'm looking forward to.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Hello Group,
I have been MIA the last few weeks, but have stayed close to program. Funny though on IP it cant be close to program because then it doesnt work, it has to be ON PROGRAM! I have not gained but I have not lost either. Well I have not lost pounds, I have lost inches though so I am happy about that.

Back on 100% though this is day 3 with no cheats. I completed my half marathon last sunday. I was supposed to do a full but there was no way without training...so it is all good.

I just scanned the last page of these posts and see that several of the faithful here are going through some heavy trials. I am sorry for you, Dana, it sounds as though your husband has gone through a great deal, as have you. He has good care and your strong advocacy, I hope all goes well. Be sure to accept the support for yourself that comes your way.Caregivers need oodles of support too!
Cindy, sorry about your mom, hopefully she can recover relatively quickly, hip breaks can be so dificult. Stay strong!
Rainbow, love your new photo (it probably has been up for some time right?!) And your energy, it has not missed a beat. I made the cauliflower rice...YUMMY my husband and I love it, we have it at least 2 times a week. I have not had success witht he zuchinin chips though, mine burned. Oh well. I will see if I can borrow my DIL dehydrator. Maybe that will help!

Anyway, I am back on the boards, ready to drop another 25 to get to goal...
Have a great Friday...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #224  
Started IP 3/26/12

[QUOTE=rainbowsmiles;4495565]
FRIDAY FUNNIES!!!!

LMAO. That got me chuckling so much I spit coffee all over my desk. : They do say that sexiness is a 'State of Mind' - guess it's true, even in adult diapers....... I'll try to remember that if I ever need them!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

how do you post multiple pictures on your signatures?
Closed Thread