Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Dana, good luck with the week. Stay strong. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Somehow, hitting onderland yesterday didn't have the pizzazz I thought it would. By the time I got on the forum, I lost all interest in even posting it. Just went on with my day. Maybe it's because it's a scary point in my journey. I've never made it this far in my past efforts, not in at least 15 years. I just want to sneak by. Maybe it won't notice and put up that big plateau again.

Anyway, I made it to 199.8. The scale flickered between this and 200.0 a few times, but settled on 199.8. I hope to NEVER see another leading 2.

Now it's time for bed for this 50+ lady. Long days having to work again early supporting our international resources.

Molly

pizzaz

:
Old 10-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #167  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Dana - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts this week too. Sending some sunshine your way - it was cold, but sunny here in central IL today.

Weigh in #12 today and I lost 2.75 pounds again - this is really odd, but 3 of the past 4 weeks I lost exactly 2.75 pounds! Maybe that's my new lucky number!
Congrats on the great weight loss and thank you for the good wishes for this coming week. I just checked the weather and it looks like lots of sunshine tomorrow and getting back up to the high 80's. I had to put on the heat today, and I'm so not ready for that. Looks like it's now back to the AC for the next week.

Quote:

Somehow, hitting onderland yesterday didn't have the pizzazz I thought it would. By the time I got on the forum, I lost all interest in even posting it. Just went on with my day. Maybe it's because it's a scary point in my journey. I've never made it this far in my past efforts, not in at least 15 years. I just want to sneak by. Maybe it won't notice and put up that big plateau again.

Anyway, I made it to 199.8. The scale flickered between this and 200.0 a few times, but settled on 199.8. I hope to NEVER see another leading 2.

Now it's time for bed for this 50+ lady. Long days having to work again early supporting our international resources.

Molly
Thank you, and onederland for you!!!! A very big congrats to you. I understand your concern, but celebrate how far you have come and just enjoy the moment.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:

Molly
Ok Molly!!! Here's a silent cheer Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
:cp :
You deserve so much more!! Your knowledge and caring way has been such an inspiration to so many of us on this board! Maybe a Rainbow cake to celebrate is in order!
Congratulations!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:

Molly

look at you girl!! Well I'm very excited for you now in onederland, good for you. I hope to join you on thur.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
wow...exciting!! where in the UK are they going?
They will be near Cambridge. They will stay at least a year, and up till 3. We are planning to visit them next May. I went to high school in High Wycombe, so I have lived there too...but I was there in the 70"s. Haha, long time ago!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #171  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Molly!!!! ONEDERLAND!!! Congratulations I know you can't literally jump up & down, so I'm doing it for you!! Try not to be scared - it is another milestone on your journey, & even if you do plateau for a while, the numbers will continue going down if you stay OP. You WILL reach your goal my friend!

Lizzy - you are doing great!

dizzyjean - what a great adventure for your daughter & her family! I know how hard it will be though to not see your DGD for so long...

Well, I leave in a little while to head for Louisianna to pick up my own DGD. Will stay tonight in southern IN, then hope to be in Lake Charles Wednesday night. Thursday is the really loooong day - pick her up at 6 a.m. and drive all the way back to MI. Am guessing it will be very early Friday a.m. (if we can make it that long) when we get her to her daddy. Will depend on my mom's riding stamina. Not sure how much I'll be able to check in for the next week, but know I'm thinking of you all. (Especially you Dana - sending warm thoughts and strength to you & your DH.)

Have a great week!

Cindy
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #172  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Now it's time for bed for this 50+ lady. Long having to work again early supporting our international resources.

Molly
Molly - that's great news! Congrats!

Dana - I'll be thinking of you and your hubby this week.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #173  

Thank you Dana!

I just had my first weigh in yesterday. I was down just over 7 pounds in the 6 days, so I am very pleased. I had no idea how my hormones and thyroid issue was going to come into play. Hopefully things will be on the upswing.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #174  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Molly
oh molly....such good news!!

please try to find the courage to embrace this moment!! i do understand though...as sometimes the anticipation is more exciting that achieving the actual goal.

if i was there i'd shower you with confetti
and balloons
throw a parade in your honor and
have you ride on the queens float!!!

so very very very proud of you molly!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #175  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
... Somehow, hitting onderland yesterday didn't have the pizzazz I thought it would. By the time I got on the forum, I lost all interest in even posting it. Just went on with my day. Maybe it's because it's a scary point in my journey. I've never made it this far in my past efforts, not in at least 15 years. I just want to sneak by. Maybe it won't notice and put up that big plateau again.

Anyway, I made it to 199.8. The scale flickered between this and 200.0 a few times, but settled on 199.8. I hope to NEVER see another leading 2...

Molly
Great news, Molly! This is a fantastic accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
Thank you Dana!

I just had my first weigh in yesterday. I was down just over 7 pounds in the 6 days, so I am very pleased. I had no idea how my hormones and thyroid issue was going to come into play. Hopefully things will be on the upswing.
Way to go, ustasmom! Great first weigh-in.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #176  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Aaacck!! Found our thread on page 2 - that won't do, so.... bump!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations Molly! You are SUCH an inspiration to all of us! I'm so new at this it always amazes me at the results I'm seeing on this thread. You guys all ROCK! In order to help me on my journey, I started a blog so if any of you are interested in following it, you can go here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/minch/
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #178  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Molly!!!! ONEDERLAND!!! Congratulations I know you can't literally jump up & down, so I'm doing it for you!! Try not to be scared - it is another milestone on your journey, & even if you do plateau for a while, the numbers will continue going down if you stay OP. You WILL reach your goal my friend!

Lizzy - you are doing great!

dizzyjean - what a great adventure for your daughter & her family! I know how hard it will be though to not see your DGD for so long...

Well, I leave in a little while to head for Louisianna to pick up my own DGD. Will stay tonight in southern IN, then hope to be in Lake Charles Wednesday night. Thursday is the really loooong day - pick her up at 6 a.m. and drive all the way back to MI. Am guessing it will be very early Friday a.m. (if we can make it that long) when we get her to her daddy. Will depend on my mom's riding stamina. Not sure how much I'll be able to check in for the next week, but know I'm thinking of you all. (Especially you Dana - sending warm thoughts and strength to you & your DH.)

Have a great week

Cindy
Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your granddaughter and at the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Molly - that's great news! Congrats!

Dana - I'll be thinking of you and your hubby this week.
Thank you.

Quote:
Thank you Dana!
You're welcome and congrats on a great weight loss this week.

The doctor ended up putting DH in the hospital today since he wanted to run one more test before the surgery tomorrow morning. It sure is nice to be in a hospital were the staff is friendly and so helpful. I'll keep you all posted how tomorrow goes. Thank you all so much for all of the well wishes and positive thoughts. What a great bunch of wonderful caring women. I'm very lucky to be able to call all of you friends.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #179  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Hi Fab Fifty+ IPeeps!

I haven't been posting quite as much as I used to. I'm teaching an online class this semester and most of my computer time is spent grading, grading, grading.

Last weekend I went to Houston to see the wonderful twin baby granddaughters. They are 15 months now and they are adorable! They are a bit less than 20 pounds each, so when I held them both (pick up one, the other wants Nana too) I realized: I had been carrying two babies' worth of weight on me for many years and now that's gone!

Today I reached the 40 pound mark! My loss this week was small (only .6) but last week I had a 3.6 loss, my largest since the first month on IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3b View Post
Good morning everyone! It is a sunny, yet cold morning here in Nebraska. I have been doing well on my IP; however I was wondering. . . I thought it was normal to lose 3 to 5 lbs. I only lose 1-2 lbs. Is this the real normal for IP? Just wondering from you experts.
Except for the first few weeks - and last week - I've been losing 1-2 pounds per week, too. I know that everyone is different and that's just how I'm losing this weight. But it IS coming off. It's just a little more slowly than I though it would. But it IS coming off. And that's what important to me. So I keep on keeping on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
We are back from our weekend away and I think it was really good for both It reminds me of what it was like when the kids were little and you had a baby sitter come over because you really needed that break. I don't know about everyone else, but I always came home a much happier/better parent than when I left.
Glad you got away for the weekend, Dana. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about the well needed break. I try to give my daughter and her husband that break every time I go to Houston. For me, it's a joy to babysit these grandbabies. For them, it's a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Our daughter's family is living with us since July. Looks like they will be flying off to a year long job adventure in the UK, leaving this weekend. So, we are going through check lists and getting them ready. Boy am I going to miss them, especially by 20 month grandson!
Wow! A year in Britain! What a fun adventure!

Quote:
Molly!!! Congratulations on onederland!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Well, I leave in a little while to head for Louisianna to pick up my own DGD. Will stay tonight in southern IN, then hope to be in Lake Charles Wednesday night. Thursday is the really loooong day - pick her up at 6 a.m. and drive all the way back to MI. Am guessing it will be very early Friday a.m. (if we can make it that long) when we get her to her daddy. Will depend on my mom's riding stamina. Not sure how much I'll be able to check in for the next week, but know I'm thinking of you all.
Safe drive, Cindy!

Quote:
just had my first weigh in yesterday. I was down just over 7 pounds in the 6 days, so I am very pleased. I had no idea how my hormones and thyroid issue was going to come into play. Hopefully things will be on the upswing.
Great first week loss, ustamom!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Aaacck!! Found our thread on page 2 - that won't do, so.... bump!
Not at all!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

I was wondering if any of you beautiful ladies who have lost a lot of weight are having trouble with any excess skin? I'm worried when I reach my goal there will be unsightly hanging skin as I'm getting older as I have about 75 lbs to lose.
Closed Thread