Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #241  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Way to go, Halfagain! For some reason, I think it's harder for us to see the loss in ourselves than it is for others... I can definitely see it in your photos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
happy you made a mini goal!!! way to go! you are really doing well with your weight loss journey!! look at how dedicated you are!! can't wait for your new photo!!! keep up the great work, you look FABULOUS DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you both. Yes, a photo (comparison in this case) is worth 1000 words - I don't see the changes as I see me each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
A Maritime girl! Thanks so much for introducing yourself and giving me such great detailed information. I will certainly heed the "warnings" once I reach my goal. I agree with what your doctor tells you also. I think the higher end of the scale is healthier when you enter your senior years.

I met my 1st mini-goal today! My 1st 10 pounds are GONE and in only 18 days! I haven't been able to lose 10 pounds in quite a few years so believe me, it's reason to celebrate! So far, IP is working just great for me. I hope it's what they say it is...my last diet!

Have a great weekend!
Yep, welcome Maritime Girl!
Minch Congratulations!

My end goal is really to feel/be healthier. I'm not really set on 180, but I'm thinking that will be where I end with the extra skin to deal with yet. After the skin is worked out I might get to be 160ish - who knows. I'm not going to fret as I have a l-o-n-g ways to go yet. Just doing this day by day... looking too far out is frightening. (I am thinking about snack tonight though... chocolate cake (Proti Diet I think) is calling to me). I need to order more hot chocolate.....
Old 10-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #242  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Sorry I missed yesterday, but happy to report hubby is home today and doing really well. Of course he's still in pain and really tired, but still hard to believe that just three days ago he underwent open heart surgery. He's a testament to the marvels of modern medicine, and for keeping one's self healthy and at a healthy weight. The doctors said he wouldn't have done nearly as well as he did if he wasn't already in good shape and at a healthy weight. Now our daughter just has to go into the family doctor and get a baseline EKG to see if she shows any signs of this genetic disorder. Hopefully in this case she takes after my side.

So back on IP tomorrow, no more excuses! And now off to see what I missed here yesterday. Hugs to ALL of you....

Cindy: I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. How is she doing?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #243  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Sorry I missed yesterday, but happy to report hubby is home today and doing really well. Of course he's still in pain and really tired, but still hard to believe that just three days ago he underwent open heart surgery. He's a testament to the marvels of modern medicine, and for keeping one's self healthy and at a healthy weight. The doctors said he wouldn't have done nearly as well as he did if he wasn't already in good shape and at a healthy weight. Now our daughter just has to go into the family doctor and get a baseline EKG to see if she shows any signs of this genetic disorder. Hopefully in this case she takes after my side.

So back on IP tomorrow, no more excuses! And now off to see what I missed here yesterday. Hugs to ALL of you....

Great news, Dana. So glad he came out so well. Prayers your daughter isn't taking after him.

I know you'll be able to get back to "business" now that all this stress is passed. We're all pulling for you.

Molly
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #244  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

Great news, Dana! And hoping your daughter checks out OK.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Sending support to those with family who are healing. that was a great funny today Rainbow.

I made a mini goal this week. I now have less than 100 lbs to go. Looking at my charts and tracking, the next goal is the 1/2 way mark, then 100 lbs gone. I'm looking forward to the next photo date on the 26th. I personally don't see much happening in the mirror, but the numbers on the scale seem to be moving in the right direction.

Halfagain, I'll say the numbers and scale are going the right way, LOOKATYOU you are one of my inspirations, so you just keep it up and I love your name, Halfagain, pretty soon, real soon, less than Halfagain,ha. So you rock. Teena
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Bump!

Can't let Dana come back and find us on page 2! No way, no how!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #247  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I finally got my "Lily fix" this weekend. I changed my avatar to a recent photo. She is like a new baby after her surgery last week. Now I feel so much better! Thanks for letting me share...
Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I finally got my "Lily fix" this weekend. I changed my avatar to a recent photo. She is like a new baby after her surgery last week. Now I feel so much better! Thanks for letting me share...

What a great picture, happy your granddaughter is recovering so well.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Wow she does look like the picture of health.
You must be so relieved.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #250  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good (early) morning! I'm back home as of last night, exhausted, yet couldn't sleep. Been up since before 4 The road trip to LA went pretty well, & loved spending the time with my 6 yr old granddaughter! She is such a great kid. Left home Tues. morning, spent 2 nights in hotels, then drove 25 hrs straight from Thurs @ 6 am to Fri @ 7 am, with brief stops for fuel, food, & potty breaks, plus one long stop stuck in traffic. The wedding & reception went off without a hitch & we had a fabulous time! Will have to wait for pics from others as somehow one of the settings on our camera got changed & we didn't notice it until we got home yesterday

Lots of people complimented me on my weight loss, some to the point of embarrassing me...
I actually had an easier time eating properly while on the road than I did Fri, Sat & Sun. Never cheated, but didn't get all the veggies in, missed some supplements, totally missed evoo & salt for 2 or 3 days, & couldn't stay on schedule. But only gained 1 lb in those 6 days, so am happy. Official WI is Thurs, & hope to be down a couple of lbs by then.

Dana - so glad your DH's surgery went well, and that he's on the road to recovery.
Cindy - hope your mom is feeling better after her fall.
Halfagain - WTG! Those mini-goals are so important, and cause for celebration!
Jampooh - Welcome to the Fab 50s & to IP! I'm between Grayling & Gaylord, & go to the clinic in Elk Rapids. Where are you & your sister?
Congratulations to those that have posted losses in the last week!

Since I'm up I ought to do some exercises before getting ready for work. Have a great day!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #251  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

So glad your trip and wedding went well. Your granddaughter will have memories for a lifetime! And I'm sure those compliments will carry you through to your goal.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 255/234/150

Height: 5' 4'

Good morning Fab 50 ladies!!
Weigh in last Friday and 3.5lbs lost for the week. I hope ev1 has a great week.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #253  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Bump!

Can't let Dana come back and find us on page 2! No way, no how!
ROFL! Can't leave you guys alone for a second and look what happens... page 2. I'm back BTW. Second day back on phase 1, and DH is doing amazing. Still can't believe how well he is doing with less than a week back from such major surgery.

Quote:
What a cutie pie, and she looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good (early) morning! I'm back home as of last night, exhausted, yet couldn't sleep. Been up since before 4 The road trip to LA went pretty well, & loved spending the time with my 6 yr old granddaughter! She is such a great kid. Left home Tues. morning, spent 2 nights in hotels, then drove 25 hrs straight from Thurs @ 6 am to Fri @ 7 am, with brief stops for fuel, food, & potty breaks, plus one long stop stuck in traffic. The wedding & reception went off without a hitch & we had a fabulous time! Will have to wait for pics from others as somehow one of the settings on our camera got changed & we didn't notice it until we got home yesterday

Lots of people complimented me on my weight loss, some to the point of embarrassing me...
I actually had an easier time eating properly while on the road than I did Fri, Sat & Sun. Never cheated, but didn't get all the veggies in, missed some supplements, totally missed evoo & salt for 2 or 3 days, & couldn't stay on schedule. But only gained 1 lb in those 6 days, so am happy. Official WI is Thurs, & hope to be down a couple of lbs by then.

Dana - so glad your DH's surgery went well, and that he's on the road to recovery.
Cindy - hope your mom is feeling better after her fall.
Halfagain - WTG! Those mini-goals are so important, and cause for celebration!
Jampooh - Welcome to the Fab 50s & to IP! I'm between Grayling & Gaylord, & go to the clinic in Elk Rapids. Where are you & your sister?
Congratulations to those that have posted losses in the last week!

Since I'm up I ought to do some exercises before getting ready for work. Have a great day!
Welcome, you were missed. So happy to hear it all went great and you had fun with your granddaughter.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi

Hi Everyone;

I would love to join this group, I turned 50 last year and although I love getting older I do find the slow weight loss somewhat frustrating.

Diane
Old 10-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzzieDee View Post
Hi Everyone;

I would love to join this group, I turned 50 last year and although I love getting older I do find the slow weight loss somewhat frustrating.

Diane

to the group, you will really like these great ladies, everyone is so nice and great inspiration, so good luck to you! Teena

Greeniris, glad you had a good trip and wedding,welcome home!

Dana, so happy your DH is doing so well and good for you right back in the swing.

All you other gals, have a great day!
Closed Thread