Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #196  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Well I'm happy to post so far so good. The surgery was shorter than anticipated because the surgeon said it went textbook perfect, no surprises once they got inside the heart. Right now DH is in ICU and they were already able to remove him from the vent. He is of course in a lot of pain, but the nurse is trying to keep ahead of it. The nurse said they find the younger the patient the worse the pain can be be because of the amount of chest muscle they have to cut through. She said older patients don't have that much muscle generally. And while we are both in our mid 50's, in the heart hospital we look like spring chickens.

Thank you all once again for your prayers and good wishes. They worked!
thank you for updating us....i truly have been just feeling your presence and praying for you both all day....i am so thankful!! GOD is good all the time!!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #197  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Well I'm happy to post so far so good. The surgery was shorter than anticipated because the surgeon said it went textbook perfect, no surprises once they got inside the heart. Right now DH is in ICU and they were already able to remove him from the vent. He is of course in a lot of pain, but the nurse is trying to keep ahead of it. The nurse said they find the younger the patient the worse the pain can be be because of the amount of chest muscle they have to cut through. She said older patients don't have that much muscle generally. And while we are both in our mid 50's, in the heart hospital we look like spring chickens.

Happy to hear it went well! I'm sure recovery will take time, but the worst is over!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #198  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
By the time I get to my 150 goal, I'll have lost 60 lbs total. So far the worst hanging skin area is the underarms. I'm hoping exercise and time will help that somewhat. I'm also massaging argan oil and a elastin/collagen cream into my arms in the hopes that it helps. We'll see.
...You're doing fantastic Joysh. You've got a lovely hour-glass shaped figure.

Thanks, Evepet! That's so sweet. I always lose in my waist first. The arms and thighs come last.
_______
After some serious self reflection last Friday, I decided to hang tough, and ordered more IP-appropriate food items - enough for another two months or so. And I was pretty good with my eating over our Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend - not 100%, but pretty good. And yesterday I was back to 100% Phase 1 again. And - I had a moment of validation this am - weight in day - when my scale finally showed 169.0. So - I'm finally into the 160s!! That has certainly reinforced my decision to keep hanging as tough as I can and keep forging forward. :
Evepet, you ultimately need to do what's right for you and your body. But I do need to say Welcome to the 160s!! You CAN do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Joysh - Congrats on reaching 40 pounds - hope to join you in a couple of weeks. (No weigh in next week - off to visit my baby sister.)
Thanks, Lizzy! I'll be here to cheer you on when you join me. There's plenty of room!

Quote:
Well I'm happy to post so far so good. .... And while we are both in our mid 50's, in the heart hospital we look like spring chickens.
So glad it went well, Dana! You've got lot of people thinking of you.

Hope everyone had a good day. It's a beautiful fall day here in central Louisiana!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #199  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Bump
Old 10-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Mornin peeps!
Dana, so glad the surgery is behind you guys and the healing can begin. Now it will just take time. The whole process is amazing! Thank goodness for REALLY smart people! Sounds like you are in good hands.

I'm stuck. These last 15 pounds are killing me girls! No cheating....100%.....but they ain't a budgin'! Yikes. My French leek soup worked last time, but it was recently that I did that and I really can't handle that again so soon. I like how leeks taste, but just not so much in a short period of time!

My internal workings aren't happy, my brain isn't happy, I'm feeling sluggish. And...............it's now dark when I get up in the morning. It's dark when I get up, it's dark when I get home. I don't mind the cold so much (well, yeah kinda I do). It's the lack of light that kills me!

Now that I am totally depressed, I have to go get ready for that 4 letter word............work! ( what did you think I was going to say?????!!!!!!

Have a good day peeps! Hang strong!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #201  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning! Dana so glad everything worked out with the surgery, will continue those positive thoughts.

Capecodmomma I'm with you on the dark when I wake up, dark when I get home and no sunlight in between. I started taking Vitamin D supplements to offset the no sunlight..I get this way every winter. There is a medical term for it, just can't think of it now. Wish I could help you with some answers.

It's that time again to shove out the door. Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Dana, Such good news! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. There are so many caring folks in the group, I know you have felt the encouragement. What a blessing to be a part of this journey and to share lifes ups and downs with eachother.
Jeanie
Old 10-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Dana so glad your on to recovery w DH, and may I second that phrase " YES GOD IS GOOD all the TIME! Happy for you. Teena
Old 10-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #204  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Mornin peeps!
Dana, so glad the surgery is behind you guys and the healing can begin. Now it will just take time. The whole process is amazing! Thank goodness for REALLY smart people! Sounds like you are in good hands.

I'm stuck. These last 15 pounds are killing me girls! No cheating....100%.....but they ain't a budgin'! Yikes. My French leek soup worked last time, but it was recently that I did that and I really can't handle that again so soon. I like how leeks taste, but just not so much in a short period of time!

My internal workings aren't happy, my brain isn't happy, I'm feeling sluggish. And...............it's now dark when I get up in the morning. It's dark when I get up, it's dark when I get home. I don't mind the cold so much (well, yeah kinda I do). It's the lack of light that kills me!

Now that I am totally depressed, I have to go get ready for that 4 letter word............work! ( what did you think I was going to say?????!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning! Dana so glad everything worked out with the surgery, will continue those positive thoughts.

Capecodmomma I'm with you on the dark when I wake up, dark when I get home and no sunlight in between. I started taking Vitamin D supplements to offset the no sunlight..I get this way every winter. There is a medical term for it, just can't think of it now. Wish I could help you with some answers.

It's that time again to shove out the door. Have a good day everyone!
I think they call it Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), which is perfectly appropriate. I just confront it head-on, with a bracing walk with the dog in the pitch black at 5:30 in the morning. I definitely feel better if I get some walking in first thing. Not dark when I get home yet, but probably will be soon...

Hang in there!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Don't expect her to post, but has anyone heard from Dana today? Just thinking about her. The day after surgery can be a tough one.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #206  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Don't expect her to post, but has anyone heard from Dana today? Just thinking about her. The day after surgery can be a tough one.
thinking about her too i'm sure she will come post when she can!! she knows we all love her!!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
My starting weight, goal weight, and height are also pretty much the same. Congrats, Pat, for getting there! It must feel great! I think the lowest weight I have been since I was first marrired was the 150s. I don't think I've seen the 130s since I was in my early 20s.

Right now I'm in the low 160s and I feel great! But I want to experience being in the ideal weight range for my height. I'll probably have loose skin, but hopefully it will disappear with exercise and time. I'm most concerned about the arms and I think weights will work that off.
Those are amazing pictures, Joysh! You're like the "great shrinking woman" and look SO beautiful with that gorgeous hourglass figure! Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask your age? You're obviously over 50 but you look about 35! You're a lucky girl!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #208  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Mornin peeps!

I keep running into more and more people at work who have had fabulous success on IP. A guy just yesterday said his wife's weight loss was stalled for nearly a month, so her coach (a chiropractor) said to take one day and just eat. anything and everything she wanted. Then she went back to normal Phase 1 eating. That did the trick and she went back to 1-3 lbs a week.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #209  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm here, but just for a minute. I wish I could respond to all of your post today, but I'm only home to check on my son, the dogs, and make sure the house is still standing. DH is doing really well considering what he has been through in the last 24 hours. He was pretty bad when I went over this morning, but they upped the frequency of his pain pills and he had a much better day. I decided, and his surgeon encouraged me to spend the night there tonight because they moved him out of the ICU this afternoon. While it's a great heart hospital and nursing staff, he won't be watched as closely now that he's out of the ICU, and the doctor wants to make sure he stays ahead of the pain, and not let the nursing staff take too long to give him his meds. Another night of not much sleep.

I have to be honest and tell y'all that IP went right out the window on the second day at the hospital. I'm organized, but not that organized. Just trying to keep my head above water and maintain till he is home which I'm hoping will be Saturday or Sunday. Hugs to all of you, and hope to check back in tomorrow sometime.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Just wanted to say IM IN ONDERLAND 4 lb loss this week, YIPPIE!
Closed Thread