Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #271  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I have been quiet for a few days. The weekend was emotional, as my daughters family moved out of country for a job. The sweet 20 month old (and his parents) lived with us for 3 months, while getting ready. My life is not chaotic anymore, but my heart is kind of empty. I also gained a couple pounds from a phased off vacation. Sigh. Just trying to clean up, do laundry, de-clutter, you know. I'll be back in the swing of things...soon. I am 100% on program, but I'm just sad. I'm just a chick-flick kind of girl!
What a cutie! I can only imagine how much you're going to miss them all. I'm sure those couple of pounds will fly right off especially since so much of what we gain is water weight anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellop60 View Post
Hey Dana we are neighbors. I live close to Austin, drive there for work. The ladies that exercise how many times a week do you workout. Do you eat more protein or have a extra IP pack on those days?
Hey neighbor!!! As for exercise I've slacked off a bit in the past month because life got in the way, but back at it this week. I walk most days. I lift weights 2 to 3x times per week. Make sure you have an extra packet within 30 minutes of working out otherwise I promise the scale will slow down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzzieDee View Post
Hi Everyone'

Thanks for the cordial welcome.....I am off to walk the dogs and this afternoon I will do 30 minutes on my treadmill as its suppose to be very windy. Must remember to get my water in!!

Have a great day gorgeous ladies!!

Diane
Just remember to have that extra packet after the thread mill. Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

dana: YOU CAN DO IT!! i have been slacking the last 2 weeks. haven't gained but haven't lost either. we can do this!!! we are smart women!!! haha at least YOU are!! haha
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! Get back on the wagon with me otherwise I'd be too lonely up here without you.

Happy Tuesday everyone! I survived the first two days back OP, and the scale is happy once again. I think I need to start taking some vitamin D again as the sun seems to be in short supply here in Austin these days and I sure do feel a difference when the sun is hiding behind all of those gloomy clouds.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I have been quiet for a few days. The weekend was emotional, as my daughters family moved out of country for a job. The sweet 20 month old (and his parents) lived with us for 3 months, while getting ready. My life is not chaotic anymore, but my heart is kind of empty. I also gained a couple pounds from a phased off vacation. Sigh. Just trying to clean up, do laundry, de-clutter, you know. I'll be back in the swing of things...soon. I am 100% on program, but I'm just sad. I'm just a chick-flick kind of girl!

Sorry your heart is a little empty, I feel for you but just keep coming here and we will all try to help you feel better ok.

Today I am also feeling a bit blue and I'm like WHAT so I'm having a little talk w my self and reading up on posts always helps, I just feel heavy today and have been beating myself up a bit for having a few licks n tastes this week, because I have not done that so far and I know it will prob. Affect my WI this thur. So today new vow measure, drink,no LICKS! Perfect OP
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Sorry your heart is a little empty, I feel for you but just keep coming here and we will all try to help you feel better ok.

Today I am also feeling a bit blue and I'm like WHAT so I'm having a little talk w my self and reading up on posts always helps, I just feel heavy today and have been beating myself up a bit for having a few licks n tastes this week, because I have not done that so far and I know it will prob. Affect my WI this thur. So today new vow measure, drink,no LICKS! Perfect OP
First sending hugs to you. If the licks and taste were small this week then you might be fine, but instead you need to look at the big picture. For the first 8 months on this program I was 100% perfect, no licks or taste of anything. Then I hit a wall, and with lots of summer travel happening... well lets just say it's been a slippery slope since June. You know that you can do this, you've done so well so far. Re-commit to yourself today and be 100% perfect again and "getter done" as they say here in TX. Actually I've never heard anyone here in TX say that, but I'm sure someone somewhere here has.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

To quote Dana.....getter done"! Atta girl.
Sometimes we need to realize we have to put things in perspective and hubby and I got slapped with that yesterday ........but in a very good way........
I have my physical in 3weeks and my hubby had some follow up blood work for some stuff he had going on. (Do all of you feel that at this age all we do is make doctor ' s appointments and go to doctor's appointments?) so last week we go to the vampire's office. Today we get notes in the mail from our GP (whom we adore!). Our cholesterol went WAY down. Hubby was on a smidgen of meds. His went from 210 to..............drumroll please........128!!!!!! Mine went from 227 to...........same drum again.............142! Yup, this is what IP does for you. Our counts were never extremely high -usually in the 210-220 range. Our GP wasn't concerned and we are healthy and have good genes, but this drop is remarkable! He wrote notes all over our letter. He used the word "great" a number of times. Hubby going off his meds. Between this and our son losing 50 pounds and no longer having diabetes, we are jumping for joy. I would, except for,that bum ankle. It's always something at our age.

If its not one thing it's your mother!

Some days I just feel like I'm circling the drain!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #275  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Capcodmomma-that is fantastic news! A very agreeable side effect to be sure!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #276  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

capecodmomma: That is wonderful news all around!!! Congrats to all of you!! I had been on BP meds when I began IP, but within 2 weeks I was able to stop taking them and my BP has been great since! IP not only makes us look better and feel better about ourselves, but helps us to get so much healthier (which was my reason for doing this anyway).

yesmyqueen - "So today new vow measure, drink,no LICKS! Perfect OP" - Dana has it right...get right back 100% OP!! Sometimes when we have those "licks & tastes", and still have a decent WI, it gives us a false sense of security. So the next time we have a little more...nip it in the bud NOW...no more. You know where it will lead...and you do not want to go there! You can do this, and will feel so much better! We've got you darlin'!

Good morning all - our beautiful fall colors have faded and there was snow on the ground a few days last week first thing in the morning. It's dark at around 6 pm. This is the time of year that I traditionally begin baking more, and cooking our favorite comfort (ie, high calorie/fat/carby) foods. So, this weekend I'm experimenting to see how to alter those favorite foods so they are more in line with long-term maintenance goals. And, I'll be really studying P3 & P4 protocols...so far I've been pretty confused by both.

Have a wonderful, 100% OP day!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #277  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Been missing a few days. Drove to Nashville to visit my baby sister, so no weigh in this week, but I am sticking to plan. We did some shopping and I got size 10 pants - down another size!

Looks like a lot of positive news and some new faces too - welcome!!

Dana - so glad to hear that your hubby's recovery is going well!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #278  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Sometimes we need to realize we have to put things in perspective and hubby and I got slapped with that yesterday ........but in a very good way........
I have my physical in 3weeks and my hubby had some follow up blood work for some stuff he had going on. (Do all of you feel that at this age all we do is make doctor ' s appointments and go to doctor's appointments?) so last week we go to the vampire's office. Today we get notes in the mail from our GP (whom we adore!). Our cholesterol went WAY down. Hubby was on a smidgen of meds. His went from 210 to..............drumroll please........128!!!!!! Mine went from 227 to...........same drum again.............142! Yup, this is what IP does for you. Our counts were never extremely high -usually in the 210-220 range. Our GP wasn't concerned and we are healthy and have good genes, but this drop is remarkable! He wrote notes all over our letter. He used the word "great" a number of times. Hubby going off his meds. Between this and our son losing 50 pounds and no longer having diabetes, we are jumping for joy. I would, except for,that bum ankle. It's always something at our age.

that is just some amazing news...what wonderful benefits from IP! way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi all! Been missing a few days. Drove to Nashville to visit my baby sister, so no weigh in this week, but I am sticking to plan. We did some shopping and I got size 10 pants - down another size!

Looks like a lot of positive news and some new faces too - welcome!!

Dana - so glad to hear that your hubby's recovery is going well!
woohoo on the size 10!! that is awesome!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hello everyone, chilly weather setting in, makes one think of heavier foods.I secretly thought for a long time that a big advantage of being Canadian is the long space between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year.
I know I would be in holiday mindset for that whole period if I lived south of the border.
So good plan greeniris to do some experimental baking to make favorites more healthy.

Dana I have been waiting till life settled down a bit for you to ask you a question. Can you remind me what you doctor said about body fat percentage as we get older? That is the area I am still struggling with, the lifting you do sure helps with that.

Thanks;
Pat
Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #280  

So, I've completed Week 2. I am down a total of 9.2 pounds, but all of that came in the first 10 days. The scale is stuck for the 5th day in a row. I fear that my slow metabolism and my depleted hormones have been able to derail me, yet again.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #281  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #282  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thumbs up, gf

Taking a short break from work. Already been extremely frustrating. Have turnip fries in the Actifry. It takes an hour, but they come out fantastic. Mmmm. Looking forward to them.

Have a great OP day. I'll be back later today after work.

Molly
Old 10-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #283  

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post

That's great news!!! And I hear you on circling the drain for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Hello everyone, chilly weather setting in, makes one think of heavier foods.I secretly thought for a long time that a big advantage of being Canadian is the long space between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year.
I know I would be in holiday mindset for that whole period if I lived south of the border.
So good plan greeniris to do some experimental baking to make favorites more healthy.

Dana I have been waiting till life settled down a bit for you to ask you a question. Can you remind me what you doctor said about body fat percentage as we get older? That is the area I am still struggling with, the lifting you do sure helps with that.

Thanks;
Pat
She and my coach both said that once on this side of menopause that loosing body fat was incredibly difficult. Our bodies hold onto like it's gold. She just recommended that I get down to a 29 BMI and then I can stick a fork in it and call it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
So, I've completed Week 2. I am down a total of 9.2 pounds, but all of that came in the first 10 days. The scale is stuck for the 5th day in a row. I fear that my slow metabolism and my depleted hormones have been able to derail me, yet again.
You've lost over 9 pounds in 10 days. Your glycogen storage is way down (basically you lost a lot of water weight), and now your body needs a break, so hang in there and the scale will start to move again soon, I promise. And this time it will be more body fat and less just water. It's all good.

Long night last night... I have an almost 15 year old boy for sale. Anyone interested in doing those teenage years again?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #284  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

LOL Dana! Not on your life would I purchase a 15 yr old boy!!! Went through 3 of them & we barely survived :/ Don't think I could handle it again, especially at my age now!~ Hang tough, & remember...YOU are the parent!

Rainbow - love the inspiring things you post. Keep them coming!

ustasmom - You're doing great! Our bodies do need a breather from time to time to adjust to the fast changes we're putting them through. Be patient, it will start cooperating again soon.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello one and all, thank you for the good advice Dana and Greeniris, I'm feeling a little bit better and am putting a stop to all illegal licks and tastes, they really weren't all that great anyway not for the feeling they brought out. Actually I'm pretty sure I'm dropping eggs as me and my sister refer to the time before Tom about one and a half weeks before, you know when you kinda want eat any and everything.

Rainbow, that's just what I needed to read today, thank you.

Ustasuamom, great beginning, way to go girl, keep it up.

Capecodmomma great news on lowering your cholesterol, I'm anxious to have my blood work done later this month.

Last edited by Yesmyqueen; 10-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Closed Thread