Old 09-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #181  
Restarter

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130ish

Height: 5'4"

I first started IP almost a year ago after having two kids and hitting 215 lbs. It worked so fast, I was amazed! I lost 50 lbs in about 4-5 months (I can't remeber exactly how long now).
I decided i needed a "break" (which really meant a beer haha) so i left the program thinking i would be carefiul and count calories and still be OK.
I started off well but soon i was back into the DQ every night, i stopped exercising, everything! I refused to weigh myself until a couple weeks ago when the scale said i had gained 20 LBS !!!
i just thought oh no oh no oh no, i am NOT doing this again.
thank goodness i kept some of the IP food so I unoffically started again yesterday, though my re-consult isn't until this afternoon.
A day and 1/2 and I already feel a thousand times better!
last night was tough, though. I'm used to the "kids are in bed, mom gets to watch tv and eat ice cream" time. I kept myself busy prepping for the week and getting today's lunch ready. i was SO happy this morning knowing i didn't cave on the first night : )

i'm about 180ish now and my goal is 130 (i'm almost 5'4" so i think that's normal?)

Best of luck to all you other Re-Starters and i think there will be lots of love and support to find on this site
Alba09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all
I returned to my coach and an up 9 pounds. Day 2 today and all is good. My thoughts are to avoid weighing at home. I have a weigh in scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm thinking I might hold myself accountable if I don't see the scale moving down.

My size 6s are just fitting today. I have the same pants in a 4....not a chance! That was real motivation for me.

I never stopped exercising, thank goodness. I will keep at it and hope for a quick return to normal.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

sounds like a common theme. I took off 4 of the 8 pounds in the first week, and on sunday AND monday i caved to chips and salsa. aarrgghh!! back on track today. just keep swimming.... upstream, of course.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #184  

Ha ha, yes it is all upstream! Sometimes having things too easy can cause self defeating behavior! The whole-of I'll just get back to it tomorrow, etc.

Weight loss and maintaining is a challenging business!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #185  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba09 View Post
I first started IP almost a year ago after having two kids and hitting 215 lbs. It worked so fast, I was amazed! I lost 50 lbs in about 4-5 months (I can't remeber exactly how long now).
I decided i needed a "break" (which really meant a beer haha) so i left the program thinking i would be carefiul and count calories and still be OK.
I started off well but soon i was back into the DQ every night, i stopped exercising, everything! I refused to weigh myself until a couple weeks ago when the scale said i had gained 20 LBS !!!
i just thought oh no oh no oh no, i am NOT doing this again.
thank goodness i kept some of the IP food so I unoffically started again yesterday, though my re-consult isn't until this afternoon.
A day and 1/2 and I already feel a thousand times better!
last night was tough, though. I'm used to the "kids are in bed, mom gets to watch tv and eat ice cream" time. I kept myself busy prepping for the week and getting today's lunch ready. i was SO happy this morning knowing i didn't cave on the first night : )

i'm about 180ish now and my goal is 130 (i'm almost 5'4" so i think that's normal?)

Best of luck to all you other Re-Starters and i think there will be lots of love and support to find on this site
Welcome welcome...I will be checking in every day...ready to get back to my low. Stick with it...I am at my highest after being in maintenance for 15 months...up about 18...yuck! But on the positive still down over 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Hi all
I returned to my coach and an up 9 pounds. Day 2 today and all is good. My thoughts are to avoid weighing at home. I have a weigh in scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm thinking I might hold myself accountable if I don't see the scale moving down.

My size 6s are just fitting today. I have the same pants in a 4....not a chance! That was real motivation for me.

I never stopped exercising, thank goodness. I will keep at it and hope for a quick return to normal.
Yeah, that scale thing....I am driven by the scale...when I was doing IP in 2010 and lost the 83...I stepped on it every day....and it went down...every DAY for five straight months...every single day....then when that stopped happening I was a wreck.

I am going 100% and not looking at the scale at all (only hubby is) because if it doesn't go down....I have been known to quit....I just want 4 weeks without quitting. Hubby will know my weight and know if I am doing well.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #186  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everybody,

Here I am re-starting yet another time.

Yesterday was completely 100% and it was great, no headaches, no hunger, nothing! Hope it all goes well today and tomorrow.

I have a doctor appointment on Thursday and she wanted me to lose weight and I still did not!

Good luck everyone.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #187  

Today is day 9 of my reboot. 10 more pounds and I am back to my pre-summer weight...6 more after that and I will be back at my goal weight...5 more after that and back to my low.

these are my three "mini-challenges" for myself. I also remind myself daily...how much I am still down...today still down 61 pounds.

Lose 11
Lose 6 more (17 total)
Lose 5 more (22 total)

To get back to my low. This is month 16 of maintenance. I had no problem keeping it off for the first 8...struggled since then though.

Went up the six over the course of March, April...then maintained until end of June...then shot up about 15 more this summer

I never maintained my low, by the time I was on phase four, I was at goal (up five from the low)
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 171.8/155.8/145

I am at my original goal but when I was loosing last year, I wanted to go below it so in case i gained i would end up here...BUT I liked being in the 140's far better than than 150's so I am working on it again.

I have Mini Goals like you do Darbs, 4 more, then 5 more, then 10 more, we shall see, it is one day at a time for now. I am glad you keep posting about your journey.
Wildcatinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #189  

Hi all.
Day 8 for me. I had to weigh in a day early, don 3.2 pounds. 5.8 to go!

I'm amazed at how good I feel now that the hard ache and crankiness is gone!

Last edited by Momto2cs; 09-11-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

hang in there guys! It's worth it to get down to goal weight and keep a tight leash on scale. I started week 3. I didn't weigh myself yesterday as the 2nd weigh in always annoys me and tom is suppose to come...even though he has mostly been around ever since I started.
High School reunion Saturday Night, that is keeping me motivated, have to find a cute outfit...no drinks or bad food. must eat before I go. I will just dance my way thin that night!
I did zumba last night, man I am sore, but you feel so much tighter after working out...I need to start working out again dispite the IP emphasis not to workout!

Last edited by leganegan; 09-11-2012 at 04:05 PM.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatinwa View Post
I am at my original goal but when I was loosing last year, I wanted to go below it so in case i gained i would end up here...BUT I liked being in the 140's far better than than 150's so I am working on it again.

I have Mini Goals like you do Darbs, 4 more, then 5 more, then 10 more, we shall see, it is one day at a time for now. I am glad you keep posting about your journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Hi all.
Day 8 for me. I had to weigh in a day early, don 3.2 pounds. 5.8 to go!

I'm amazed at how good I feel now that the hard ache and crankiness is gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
hang in there guys! It's worth it to get down to goal weight and keep a tight leash on scale. I started week 3. I didn't weigh myself yesterday as the 2nd weigh in always annoys me and tom is suppose to come...even though he has mostly been around ever since I started.
High School reunion Saturday Night, that is keeping me motivated, have to find a cute outfit...no drinks or bad food. must eat before I go. I will just dance my way thin that night!
I did zumba last night, man I am sore, but you feel so much tighter after working out...I need to start working out again dispite the IP emphasis not to workout!

Keep pushing gang. I feel so much skinnier with all the bloat gone...especially without a drop of alcohol...it was killing me this summer...so bloated.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #192  

Working out does help make you feel better. I still work out 60-90 minutes 6 days a week.
Plus, Zumba is fun and makes you smile. Tonight I have bootcamp...maybe not quite as much smiling!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #193  

still down only 4 of the 8 pesky pounds. grrr. probably too much salt and not enough water. I find myself wanting a sweet after every meal. I only cave to it once a day (my evening bar) but it really is a struggle. hmmm..just keep swimming (PS-Finding Nemo in 3D starts this friday- I told DD that I am going to see it and she can come if she wants. lol)
Old 09-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
still down only 4 of the 8 pesky pounds. grrr. probably too much salt and not enough water. I find myself wanting a sweet after every meal. I only cave to it once a day (my evening bar) but it really is a struggle. hmmm..just keep swimming (PS-Finding Nemo in 3D starts this friday- I told DD that I am going to see it and she can come if she wants. lol)
Do you like coffee? I find that a cup of coffee with a little bit of vanilla shake takes care of the after meal sweet urge (I get it too).....enjoying a cup of Timothy's German Chocolate Cake coffee with some vanilla RTD. The weird part I NEVER like flavored coffee until maintenance and then when I do my reboots they help get me through. Good luck
Old 09-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Do you like coffee? I find that a cup of coffee with a little bit of vanilla shake takes care of the after meal sweet urge (I get it too).....enjoying a cup of Timothy's German Chocolate Cake coffee with some vanilla RTD. The weird part I NEVER like flavored coffee until maintenance and then when I do my reboots they help get me through. Good luck
Funny you should mention that. I just installed a Keurig in my office today!!! I like coffee with shake but i usually do it for meals when in a hurry. I will try it right after meals and add torani or other extract. thanks.