Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #406  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I have decided to take that job, so got to get things in high gear. Waver between excitement and utter fear.
Congrats on this decision! Moving forward is wonderful and scary! You'll do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
but i used to have to take the stairs 1 step with both feet at a time...instead of just walking down each step with each foot alternating...does that make sense?woohooo for small victories!!!
Congrats on this NSV!! This is a big one, actually! I can't wait until I get to Syracuse and bound up the stairs at my daughter's house in 2 weeks! I was there for the week before I started IP and I did not exactly bound anywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I was busy washing yucky stinky 14 year old boy's clothes from three weeks away at summer camp up in the mountains. Is that enough of a visual for you? LOL.
Hahah! Thanks for this wonderful smile this morning, Dana! I remember that, even with my girls!

Everyone have an excellent 100% OP IP day!

Today I'm going to WI, even though it's only been 4 days. I'll also get measured today for the first time since I started. I'll buy 2 weeks of food and leave tomorrow morning!

I tried usmvet's suggestion this morning but to check the levels on the bottle. He suggested that when I'm walking the "streets of NY" I can buy a cold bottle of water, drink half of it, then use the bottle to mix up an IP drink packet. That way I don't have to carry around an RTD in my purse all day.

It worked ok, but I need more practice pouring the powder into the tiny hole. Haha

Have a great day!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning - I had a good nights sleep last night and feel ready to tackle the world again! Funny what a little sleep will do!
I love reading the boards because you all inspire me! Have a great day!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Good decision! The utter fear is understandable but will soon disappear in the rush of getting prepared.
Do you have to move very far?

Pat
4.5 hours - so a ways, but doable.

Quote:
hope everyone has a beautiful day!!!!!!!!

had a cool thing happen yesterday...i was going downstairs...and hubby said, wow, look at you...and i was like, what?? he said, you aren't going down 1 step at a time...with both feet, you are walking down stairs normally.

i don't even know when this happened hahaha

but i used to have to take the stairs 1 step with both feet at a time...instead of just walking down each step with each foot alternating...does that make sense?

woohooo for small victories!!!
AWESOME!!!

Quote:
ROFL, thanks for the laugh. What you are dealing with now is what kept me OP 100% for so many months. It's never as good as the first time around. Yes you can lose the weight successfully the second, or third time around, but it sure is harder to stay on track. I'm sure I will be dealing with that in two weeks when I go back to phase 1 till I'm done.

That's not a small victory, that's a very big victory. Next goal... running up and down the stairs.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was busy washing yucky stinky 14 year old boy's clothes from three weeks away at summer camp up in the mountains. Is that enough of a visual for you? LOL. Every load went through the washer twice (yes that dirty). The scary part was the bath towels I sent him with came home very clean and still folded. I asked him if he ever used them there? I'm guessing from the expression on his face that the answer was not so much and doesn't swimming everyday equal a shower?

Have a good Monday everyone...
Gotta love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Morning - I had a good nights sleep last night and feel ready to tackle the world again! Funny what a little sleep will do!
I love reading the boards because you all inspire me! Have a great day!
Sleep and a good shower! Have a great day!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #409  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Well, today I went to the mall to do some shopping for back-to-school. I went by myself, and the anxiety level was high. I mean, how do you even begin when you have close to nothing that fits? I was completely overwhelmed by the sounds, people, and especially the abundance of clothes that fit me!
I am very thankful that I started IP on April 13th. I am very thankful and proud that I have managed to shed 45 lbs. OMG....45 lbs!!!!! (Still pinching self!)
I must say that my time alone in the fitting room, brought forth a lot of feelings.
Joy, sadness, frustration, and happiness. There was such a mix of emotions. I am thrilled with my transformation, thrilled with my new life, yet frustrated that I ever let myself get so big that I now have skin hanging off of me....everywhere.
I know that this "skin" shall pass, but, oh boy, what a story teller my skin is. It shows how big I used to be. It says, this is what you have done to me. It shows how far I still have to go.
I left the mall with lots of new clothes and new "princess" shoes! I am happy, yet humbled. LizRR, I cannot wait until I can buy the size 2 pink jeans, but, right now, my body is just not there. My past is still showing itself to me in loose skin.
I have faith in IP. I have faith in myself. I am proud that I went shopping....thrilled with my successes......kind of overwhelmed that I have so far to go......anyone ever feel like this?
Forward....while still looking back at my own footsteps....
I have to be honest - when I got that 'before' picture from my coach I was completely disgusted that I had let it get to that point. That was truly one of the few pictures I had taken at that weight - who did I think I was fooling by avoiding the camera? Where was I hiding? I feel horrible for letting myself get to that point, and my husband - how could he be so supportive and loving to a wife who got to that point? I am glad to have that picture, I am going to print it out and keep it in a place where I can see it and be reminded of where I will never go back to again. I have come too far and learned too much to let myself slide back to 214lb. I have NEVER been this small in my life - it's kind of scary and surreal, but I feel great. My energy, my outlook, and as far as my skin - well, I actually feel good about every part of my body except my stomach. I think the weight training has really helped tone up most parts to satisfaction (I could nitpick - but honestly, after a lifetime of being overweight, I am never going to be have supermodel skin). But you know what, I earned that - partly through my previous weight, and partly through having my son. I guess I'm not as hard on myself over it also because I want to stretch it out again soon. We all have our issues, and I still see the fat girl in the mirror - I've seen her for 37 years and 7 months, the past 5 months still need to catch up with my eyes! Continue to take happy fitting room pictures and see yourself for how beautiful you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
NSV yesterday, I purchased a pistol (my hubby and I love to target shoot together), and I had to write down my weight on the background check form. Well, for the first time in my life, I didn't cringe (or lie) when I wrote my weight!!!!!
I have consistently lied on my snowboard rental form, drivers license application, and every other form that asked about my weight. I am DYING to write down my new weight now! I even told my mom my real weight when she asked (yes, I've lied to her too in the past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Sewingmama that is funny and I an totally relate because I just did the same thing with my drivers license!
New path you are doing so well, keep up the good work.
As for me I have sort of been in a funk since getting back from vacation. I did so well staying 100% through both vacations and now I just can hardly get myself to eat my veggies! I need an "excitement reboot"! Any suggestions?
I like the suggestion to go out and buy yourself something pretty in your new size - maybe a little snug to help motivate!

Quote:
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was busy washing yucky stinky 14 year old boy's clothes from three weeks away at summer camp up in the mountains. Is that enough of a visual for you? LOL. Every load went through the washer twice (yes that dirty). The scary part was the bath towels I sent him with came home very clean and still folded. I asked him if he ever used them there? I'm guessing from the expression on his face that the answer was not so much and doesn't swimming everyday equal a shower?
Boys are soooooo gross!!!! Thanks for the peek into the time machine - I'll probably be dealing with that in ~12 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
4.5 hours - so a ways, but doable.
Good luck on the move! I've had 5 cross country moves in 12 years (TX - MA - AZ - MA - AZ - TX) - so this sounds doable! Congratulations on the new job!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-30-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #410  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm busy with my girls this week. They go back to school next week, but I wanted to check in. I'm down 2.6 this week. So, I only have 6.2 more pounds to go until I reach goal! 100% all the way! Today My coach was bragging about the fact that I never cheated to her supervisor.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I'm busy with my girls this week. They go back to school next week, but I wanted to check in. I'm down 2.6 this week. So, I only have 6.2 more pounds to go until I reach goal! 100% all the way! Today My coach was bragging about the fact that I never cheated to her supervisor.
Just look at the weight that you have lost and just a hair from goal. I love this thread because of people like you who give me real incentive to stay 100% on program. Congratulations!

Last edited by Blueskywyoming; 07-30-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Hello 100% friends! Well, I had not such a great WI last week, but I know what happened, so learned from it and trying to move on.

Lesson: Read Labels! I asked my coach and posted here about SF syrups in my IP smoothies. She said and it was confirmed here that it would be okay, so I ordered some Torani syrups, and in the meanwhile bought Smuckers SF choc syrup. I used it maybe 3-4 times, including the night before WI. I thought it tasted sweet, so looked at the label (duh! Why oh why didn't I do that before buying it at all??) 22g of Carbs/2 T.!! Holy crap, I can't believe it.

Anyway, needless to say, I threw the bottle in the garbage and faced the scale the next day. I was down 1.7, my worst WI thus far. I am totally 100% and wow, I will always read labels now!! My Torani syrups arrived and they are 0/0/0 I have yet to open them I am back to being scared.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 225/204/150

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! This is my first post..
I have been on the program for over two weeks and I have lost 11 pounds so far.
For the first time in a LONG time I am truly determined to become healthy. I have never been this excited with a diet program =D
You all are such an inspiration <3
Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #414  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala78 View Post
For the first time in a LONG time I am truly determined to become healthy. I have never been this excited with a diet program =D
Way to go! You are doing a great job!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Quote:
That is great progress! Way to go!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default 100% Op

Quote:
Congrats to you for staying 100%OP! Those last 6 lb will come off before you know it!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Welcome! You will continue to do great!

I am originally from N.S.

Pat
Old 07-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 225/204/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Welcome! You will continue to do great!

I am originally from N.S.

Pat
LOL that it too funny. I am originally from Alberta!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #419  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:

Fantastic! How exciting for you. Going 100% has paid off for you big time! You are providing so much inspiration and motivation for many of us along our journey! Congratulations and thank you!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #420  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Whoo Hoo! So close.

Quote:
hmmmm not sure i am ready for running stairs hahaaha but i am beginning the c25k as i signed up for my first ever 5k in sept!!! nervous and excited at the same time!!! hilton head sc here i come!!! i might come in last but i won't quit!!!!
Ahhhh... Hilton Head. I'm ready for another trip there. Love, love, love HH.

Quote:
Welcome Nala, so glad you joined us.
Closed Thread