Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 250/222/215

Height: 6'0"

Conrats there Rider fan !!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all,

(I posted this same thread in reboot thread, but past rebooters may not read that thread and are very experienced so I want to post here too).

Today is day 9 of P1 and I'm at 164.2 (officially happy) . The scale stuck at 165.2 for three days and I couldn't wait for it to move. LOL!!! Knowing it would I just stuck to plan and kept plugging away.

I'm toying with the idea of moving to P2 tomorrow. Doing 2 days and then P3 for 2 days. You see, I have an event to attend on Friday where I was going to have a cheat day. I could push the event off a few days or even a week. What do you think? Thanks ladies!!! (and any male lurkers).
Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone!

I’m back, had a fabulous time…we saw so many things that I need to make a list or I’m going to forget it. It was SUCH a grand time; we went up to the northern part of Scotland and down to the Southern part of England. We saw SO many historical things and met many wonderful people. Although, I have to say that I was happy to see Canada again “home of northern lights, wide open spaces, less population therefore better personal space definitions and my family” Not digging the ragweed though…as soon as the plane hit north America I felt it…VIP is allergic to a lot of things but NOT ragweed…so my eyes are itchy, nose running and stuffy head…but I’m HOME!

The eating plan went to he[[ in a hand basket by the last 5 days…I decided to call is Phase 5 LOL I could really feel the bloat and the inflammation from the wheat but it began to get so difficult I decided I’d deal with it when I was back. So same rules as when I went to Mexico, when the plane landed GAME ON!

Yesterday morning I was 4 lbs over goal so I collected all the appropriate food and packets and I’m now on day 2 of my mini reboot. I am happy to report that I lost 5 lbs yesterday so I’m under goal. But I still don’t feel great so I’m continuing on with my reboot, probably will only do one or two more days though so I can get right back to running. I may phase myself out so that I get the most benefit from a reboot and use up all my veggies and food. Was expecting to be on Phase 1 for at least 5 days so I have a lot of food and really I still feel yucky and there is still 'pain'.

As noted on the Beck Diet Solution “being on track feels so much better than not being on track”

I do have some other rather important news…I went to Scotland with boyfriend and came back with a fiancé! Edinburgh Castle shoots a cannon at 1:00 pm everyday. Apparently in the ‘olden days’ so the sailors in the harbour could set their watch. He asked while we were at Edinburgh castle and after I said ‘yes’ I said “in true form, instead of fireworks I got a howitzer cannon”

WOW!!!! on so many levels. Congratulations on the engagement too. What a fun time with all the planning you have to look forward to.

Oh wait, don't include any watermelon helmets in the formal outfits!

Pat
Pat
Old 09-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #379  

I have signed up for the challange,
i really like the timeline of it, just what I need to get back from summer mode.
Is there a spot to chat about it, can we do that here or is it better on fatsecret?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #380  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Pat: I think there are comments section and you can check public..but we could chat here..and check in and say how we are doing.

NewEngland..I think your planned Phases sound fine! Go for it.

Lori: Welcome and thanks for the encourgement..We do face many of the same issues no matter what phase we are on. That ståff room is always loaded with junk. I agree with you..going back to my old habits will bring about the same unhealthy lifestyle for me. These first weeks of school are always so stressful.

Explore: There are so many approaches to maintenance on here. If you are maintaing by doing Phase 1 and Phase 2 with occasional cheats..then go for it. I mainly eat Phase 3.

Momto2cs: There is nothing like sitting there drinking club soda or water while everyone else is indulging. You were strong to stick to salad.

Ishbel: How romantic to come back engaged. That is so sweet! Good luck on your reboot.

Last edited by Maile; 09-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #381  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I ran into this question on maintenance:

What did you think would be different when you reached goal weight? What actually was different?

I obviously thought I would be healthier, more energetic, more confident about my body, and happier to wear clothes instead of hiding.

All of this occurred. However, I did not anticipate the comments and advice from others on my eating and my weight. I though everyone would just be happy for me.
I also did not anticipate feeling alone. Like Momto2cs, when you are the only one eating healthfully or exercising on a vacation, you are definitely different.
I also did not predict that I would become a lover of vegetables and ethnic cooking.
I also did not predict that exercise would become a habit in my life.
I think the thing I have learned..is that maintenance is not just the scale..it is a healthy life.
Lastly I did not ever think I would lose my fear of the scale and gaining weight. That can still lurk there at times, when I wonder if this house of cards will crash..but the majority of the time I feel stable.

I also realize that though your associates and sometimes family think since you have reached goal weight, you could return to eating normal..ie whatever everyone does..

Has anyone here found the actuality of maintenance is different from what you anticipated?

Last edited by Maile; 09-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #382  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
NewEngland..I think your planned Phases sound fine! Go for it.
Thanks Maile! I know there are many ways to phase off that are not per protocol and I guess I was just looking for some reassurance that "my" way will be okay!

I'm still up to hear if anyone thinks it could be detrimental to my phasing off successfully.

TY!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Congrats Ishbel!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #384  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

Congratulations Ishbel!!!!!!! That is awesome news, and what a setting for a proposal!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Hello maintainers! I'm looking for some advice. I was 100% op for 12 weeks, lost most of what I wanted (short of goal by 5-7 pounds) and then in early August I settled into a maintenance routine. But, I did not do phase 3 or 4. I have been alternating between p1 and p2 and I am very happy here. I have my mild cheats 1-2 evenings at dinner/week. I feel like I'm happy maintaining in this place. But, I didn't do p3 or 4. I just can't eat that much during the day- food makes me tired. I do much better with the smaller meals until dinner. So, I guess my question is -- will this backfire on me? Do I need to go back and phase off properly? Thanks for any insights.
I have maintained exactly this way since spring 2011. My only problem times are whn the 1 or 2 day cheats (for me weekends and mainly wine) extend for weeks due to vacation, etc. if you do this you will need a few weeks of phase 1 to get back to goal.

I like this way of eating.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats ishbel!!! So romantic and a great story to tell for years to come.

You should try continuing your running, even on phase 1. I found each time I reboot I have never had any issues with fatigue, etc. while maintaining my exercise routine. And sweating seriously helpf flush out the crap!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #387  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Congrats ishbel!!! So romantic and a great story to tell for years to come.

You should try continuing your running, even on phase 1. I found each time I reboot I have never had any issues with fatigue, etc. while maintaining my exercise routine. And sweating seriously helpf flush out the crap!
I am definitely hitting up the treadmill when we get home after the 5 hour drive back to Plano...was in San Antonio for little bros birthday and my cheat day was yesterday, it was so not worthy; this stuff is just not delicious to me anymore. Went to The Main Event, the pizza at a 'kids place' really stinks, almost got the salad too...but hubs wanted to split a pizza so I figured why not if its a cheat day. Next time I am sticking with my gut, the pizza was gross, if I am going to have a cheat meal I want it to be Good, this was bottom of the barrel!

Phase 1ing it today, and want to squeeze in 5 miles and a quick veggie run when we get home. Had 3 egg white scramble before we left and a Bar & waterso far on the drive back. Didn't plan very well, might have to whip up a drink mix as I have no snacking veggies (tells you how my folks stock their fridge!). Just a few more hours then home sweet home!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Thanks for all the congrats, I'm SUPER excited...I do have to admit that it took almost an hour for it to sink in, I think I had the VIP worried LOL I'm also a little overwhelmed by the thought of planning it...so SO not a planner for big ‘events’…I can plan my eating schedule though lol...I stress too much over the little things, my sister has already had to give me a little pep talk.

The best part so far....that I don't have to find a dress that fits me and make it work...I can actually find a dress that I feel GREAT in. I love IP!

cap joined the challenge...have to read it up a bit more on the 'rules' thanks for making it up!

mom I only exercise when I'm doing just one day of phase 1...I found in the last months of maintenance that if I exercise on Phase 1 it's great, but if I do it on cheat day or when I'm doing more then one day of Phase 1, I just get too hungry the next day and it makes it very hard mentally to be 100%...although my house gets clean from trying to distract myself

maile love the list of how to be a maintainer...so true that it's just 'grit' sometimes...something I learned on Phase 1 I hope!

Liz SO good to have you here!! WOOT WOOT, congrats on maintenance!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #389  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi all,

(I posted this same thread in reboot thread, but past rebooters may not read that thread and are very experienced so I want to post here too).

Today is day 9 of P1 and I'm at 164.2 (officially happy) . The scale stuck at 165.2 for three days and I couldn't wait for it to move. LOL!!! Knowing it would I just stuck to plan and kept plugging away.

I'm toying with the idea of moving to P2 tomorrow. Doing 2 days and then P3 for 2 days. You see, I have an event to attend on Friday where I was going to have a cheat day. I could push the event off a few days or even a week. What do you think? Thanks ladies!!! (and any male lurkers).
I would go with that plan and see how it works.If it doesn't work you can you to the regular phasing off plan after you event on Friday. But I don't think you will have to do that.

Pat
Old 09-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #390  

Thanks patns!
Closed Thread