Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Cap! I did read through tons of posts on "rebooting" and feel like I've decided what I'm going to do.

We have a cabin in RI and it's a sad goodbye at the end of summer!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
I hope this isn't TMI but... my menses has been AWOL for the past three months. Not pregnant... so??? I know busymom went through this... did it come back?? Going to see the dr. this week. I just keep expecting it to show up. Very strange...
I had a similar experience... It was almost 8 full weeks before I had my first period after I started Phase 4. I was panicked I was pregnant but for whatever reason, it just took AGES. It's actually why I went back on the pill (though I ended up having two the first month I was on it!) Crazy hormones I guess.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #303  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Cap.. Can you add an emotional question? Do I feel like I am in control and am eating healthfully?
I hope you figure out your hormonal problems. That has got to effect you.

New Englander, I would just jump to Phase 4 if I was goal weight again..but others here might not agree. That is what I do. It is sad to see summer end..but here we go into fall.

Sneuse:Crazy hormones are hard to deal with. Good luck!!!

Last edited by Maile; 09-03-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #304  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
New Englander, I would just jump to Phase 4 if I was goal weight again..but others here might not agree. That is what I do. It is sad to see summer end..but here we go into fall.
Hi, Just curious if you tried that approach and how did it work out? Of course that would be the most fun option! I'm just worried about reawakening the pancreas as it's been beaten into my head that P3 is the most important phase, beyond P1. But after reading all the threads I do see many people have many opinions. I'd love to hear if you tried just going from 1 - 4 and how it worked out (i.e. did you gain more back). Thanks!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Cap- I've had two cycles and then NOTHING the entire time I've been on the program. I test every month because I swear I'm pregnant, but its always negative (which is what I want!).

Seems I've gained 5lbs in two weeks. It's been an insane two weeks, so hopefully life will even out as will the weight.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I had a terrible weekend. Too much food and too much wine.

I am promising myself 21 days of serious phase 1 eating with no alcohol. Starting today! I must get back on track. Sigh...
Old 09-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #307  
Cathi

S/C/G: 240/135

Height: 5'6.5

Hi everybody, I have a question that I am hoping you can help me with ... I am only in my first week of maintenance and already screwed up! I made the mistake of doing my first free day on the day of a close friends wake. I am an emotional binge eater and I don't know why I thought that was a good idea pairing those two activities in the same day. The next day I was 2.5 lbs up so I did a phase 1 day. The following day (today) I was another .5 lbs up! So, I am doing another phase 1 day. I am not sure how many days of phase 1 to do ... do I keep going until I see the scale go back, or just the 2 days and trust that it will go back in a couple of days once the bloating and water weight comes off? I am really hating going back to phase 1 days!

Thanks for the help! Cathi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before and After.2.jpg (32.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by cfabjance; 09-04-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #308  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi, Just curious if you tried that approach and how did it work out? Of course that would be the most fun option! I'm just worried about reawakening the pancreas as it's been beaten into my head that P3 is the most important phase, beyond P1. But after reading all the threads I do see many people have many opinions. I'd love to hear if you tried just going from 1 - 4 and how it worked out (i.e. did you gain more back). Thanks!
Hi..The reality is that I go back to a low carb day..cut out the breaKfast fruit and carbs and fats..eat an omelette..then eat the Phase 2 lunch and dinner..stick to low gylcemic. No carbs..have nuts for a snack. I do that until my weight goes back down. Then I go back to Phase 4 eating again. I do not gain weight when I start eating breakfast again.

I have not had any problems and am in month 11 of maintenance..staying within a 3 pound range.

How is it going with you?

Last edited by Maile; 09-04-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #309  
Maile

Cathi: I am no expert, but I would stay on Phase 1 until you get back down to the weight that you want. That is what I do.

Good luck to everyone rebooting and on Phase 1.

School is crazy.

Last edited by Maile; 09-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #310  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I had a terrible weekend. Too much food and too much wine.

I am promising myself 21 days of serious phase 1 eating with no alcohol. Starting today! I must get back on track. Sigh...
Yup my weekend was bad too, but phase 1...100% yesterday and so far today (I know I will not screw up today....positive...plus I already ate dinner, yup and it is only 4:55). I too am doing a minimum of 21 perfect days. I might then do another 21 of phase 2ish days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfabjance View Post
Hi everybody, I have a question that I am hoping you can help me with ... I am only in my first week of maintenance and already screwed up! I made the mistake of doing my first free day on the day of a close friends wake. I am an emotional binge eater and I don't know why I thought that was a good idea pairing those two activities in the same day. The next day I was 2.5 lbs up so I did a phase 1 day. The following day (today) I was another .5 lbs up! So, I am doing another phase 1 day. I am not sure how many days of phase 1 to do ... do I keep going until I see the scale go back, or just the 2 days and trust that it will go back in a couple of days once the bloating and water weight comes off? I am really hating going back to phase 1 days!

Stay off the scale daily when you are in maintenance...it takes a few days to recover from the cheat day on the scale, but you only need one phase 1 day...pick a day once a week to weigh in....or you will drive yourself nuts. But make sure you step on it every week. Make sure it is at least the third day our from your cheat for the most accurate results. Enjoy.

Quote:
Hi..The reality is that I go back to a low carb day..cut out the breaKfast fruit and carbs and fats..eat an omelette..then eat the Phase 2 lunch and dinner..stick to low gylcemic. No carbs..have nuts for a snack. I do that until my weight goes back down. Then I go back to Phase 4 eating again. I do not gain weight when I start eating breakfast again.

I have not had any problems and am in month 11 of maintenance..staying within a 3 pound range.

Awesome...I did not realize you were in month 11 of maintenance...that is so great. Word of warning from me...I started to fault in month 13, but it was also June and I was out of school for the summer. We still need before and after pics...you lost so much weight...it must be amazing.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #311  

Quote:

I've been in maintenance for five months and am up 7 pounds. Sometimes I only gave myself 4 days between cheat days and they would last 1 - 1.5 days. I'm now on my (strict) day 4 of P1 and feel great. Big C problems so I'm solving it with some CVS Magnesium Citrate. I'm doing lunch on Friday for DH's birthday and will not be as strict as the first time I did P1 (I was 100% OP), but won't have any known carbs...I won't fret over a little butter or whatever oil they use to cook up the food. Then I'll get back to strict P1 for another week. I don't ever want to be in ketosis for more than 2 weeks at one time again.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #312  
Maile

Darbs: I will take heed aboout the 13th month danger. This whole transormation may take years..and yes I do realize that old habits can sneak in and tempt you. Thanks for your support. I keep meaning to post pictures..but then get distracted. Right now school has started and I am under high stress..

New Englander..It sounds like you are figuring things out that work for you. Good luck on your current Phase 1 and your husband's bd. My bd is coming up and no cake is in the cards.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #313  

Quote:
New Englander..It sounds like you are figuring things out that work for you. Good luck on your current Phase 1 and your husband's bd. My bd is coming up and no cake is in the cards.
Happy Early Birthday! Mine's next month and I hope to have everything under control. Well, before my bd there's The Big E a huge New England Fall fair with tons of yumminess. I will be enjoying the fair food... Are you in a reboot now? is that why no cake for your bd? Sorry if you wrote you were and i missed it...
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #314  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfabjance View Post

I also would stay on phase one until the weight is gone.

I know I should have done that, it is hard to lose more than 5 lbs if you go off phase1 before it is off.
I had a bad day, all the time I was on phase one I had a container full of candies and it didn't bother me.... so now that I have been maintaining 10 months the candy jars lid doesn't stay on... going to try to get back on board. Have a great day all and keep up the good work.

Cap let me know when you start the new challenge I am all up for it.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #315  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I also would stay on phase one until the weight is gone.

I know I should have done that, it is hard to lose more than 5 lbs if you go off phase1 before it is off.
I had a bad day, all the time I was on phase one I had a container full of candies and it didn't bother me.... so now that I have been maintaining 10 months the candy jars lid doesn't stay on... going to try to get back on board. Have a great day all and keep up the good work.

Cap let me know when you start the new challenge I am all up for it.
I am phase 1, for a good 4-8 weeks. I am up 18 pounds and then I may try to lose another 5-15, depending on my mental location. It is so good that we are still sticking around. Glad to have you on board for the journey.
Closed Thread